Jodi Arias; the sequence of events

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

What do you believe were the sequence of events?

• Travis was stabbed, his throat slashed, and then he was shot

Votes: 464 71.2%
  • Travis was shot and then he was stabbed and his throat was slashed

Votes: 180 27.6%
  • Other

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or a gun. Why turn your back on someone with a gun to look in the mirror? I think he slouched over the sink, heaving, couldn't breathe because he'd just been stabbed three times in the chest. I think the sink shows blood that came from the stab wounds to the chest. I don't think he was there long. I just think there was A LOT of blood coming out of those three chest wounds in a short frame of time. How thick the droplets are indicate a large leak from his body.

I'm a layperson, but I'm trying to imagine how long he had to stand over the sink for that amount of blood to come out of his nose and mouth versus his chest. Couldn't they test for mucus in that blood? I assume there was no saliva or mucus in it--or they never tested for that.

Some of the media forensic speculators state that there was quite a fight over that sink - blood is everywhere including the mirror, ceiling, walls.

But it is indisputable that TA did just that (sit in the shower for a minute or more). He didn't move between the last two shower photos, which were 70 seconds apart. You don't think it is likely he remained in that position until JA struck the initial blow?

He was laying at the end of the hallway with his neck slashed one minute and 46 seconds after the last shower photo.

It takes 5 seconds to stand. I don't think he sat there with the water running out onto the floor. Also the track from the bullet would put him lower, almost on the floor. If she used her left hand to shoot the glass door was right there next to her on her left. I can't imagine him sitting there and letting her shoot him in the head. But Jodi did say he was out of the shower when he was shot, did she not??? That would leave me to believe that part was true whether she stabbed him first or shot him first and we can see by the picture of the ceiling this was not intentional. Her story is the camera was dropped. She said she did it, but it could have been him....we do not know. What we do know is she is a liar and will fit in details she is aware of to make it sound as if it actually happened that way. jmo

I hope that is sarcasm. If Travis was close enough to push her down the stairs, why was he not close enough to push her down off the shelf when she was reaching to get the gun? If he was so close that she might have been pushed down the stairs, how did she exit the closet into the bathroom and confront Travis in the bathroom. Did he stop when she went into the closet where he knew he kept "his" gun?

Didn't jodi say something about not wanting to take the time to open the escape door toward herself and then have to run around it? Again, if she didnt have enough time to get on the right side of the door while opening it, then she didn't have enough time to even get any gun off a shelf.

I think also that the limited number of defensive wounds points to him having been injured before the stabbing started - unless she had delivered the heart bliow first, which I don't think she could achieve a position that allows her to get the knife into his chest while he is still in the stall and able to defend himself. Remember, she is left handed, how does she wield the knife to make that wound while she has the shower door on her left and the side wall on her right?

We don't really know where she was standing and being left handed does NOT mean the weapon is in the left hand. I am left handed. I use knives and scissors with the right hand. Jodi testified that she uses both hands, ambidextrous.

Some of the media forensic speculators state that there was quite a fight over that sink - blood is everywhere including the mirror, ceiling, walls.

Quite a fight, yet JA suffered no injury? The blood spatter around the sink could not have simply been caused by JA hacking and slashing away at a severely wounded TA?

Talking about the autopsy report, not his testimony, he says cause of death is from sharp trauma [knife wounds] to the neck and chest. Gun wound is not mentioned as cause of death.

Also, if he wanted to tell us that bullet went through the brain, he could have done that in the autopsy report. He didn't. In fact, he said just the opposite--brain uninjured, no signs of trauma in slides.

IMO

I think he says the gun shot wound is not the cause of death because Travis was already dead when he was shot. We have three fatal blows to Travis. Gun shot, Chest stab, and slashed throat. JM asked which one killed Travis. Applying his logic, the ME said it wasn't the gun shot because the blood in the brain and the hemorrhaging signified that Travis had already suffered one of the other fatal wounds. Whatever fatal wound, the chest stab or neck slash or both, left Travis without enough blood in the brain to indicate that he was alive.

That's my understanding anyways.

Didn't jodi say something about not wanting to take the time to open the escape door toward herself and then have to run around it? Again, if she didnt have enough time to get on the right side of the door while opening it, then she didn't have enough time to even get any gun off a shelf.

That is like wayyyyy to logical. If she had done that there would be no trial and a waste of a trip for her. She ruined his $6,000 car and he was still talking to her. There is no way he would have killed her.

Notice how Samuels said Jodi claims Travis said: "I'll kill you, you *advertiser censored**** B****". And she was very, very adamant that he said "Kill you *advertiser censored*** b***". Big difference between what she testified to and what she told the doctor. jmo

Quite a fight, yet JA suffered no injury? The blood spatter around the sink could not have simply been caused by JA hacking and slashing away at a severely wounded TA?

I should have said struggle rather than fight and apparently it was, and it doesn't sound simple. He was defending himself from the knife attack most likely.

If they are right, I can't see how Travis could do it with a bullet through his brain. And I still think Travis didn't have a lot of defensive wounds because his hands were duct taped while he was sitting in the shower. Pure speculation, yes, but I still think it.

If they are right, I can't see how Travis could do it with a bullet through his brain. And I still think Travis didn't have a lot of defensive wounds because his hands were duct taped while he was sitting in the shower. Pure speculation, yes, but I still think it.

His hands are not duct taped in the shower - you can see them in the photos, not duct taped.

But why would you shoot someone in the head after you have already killed them by stabbing them and slashing their throat?

It's Jodi and you are assuming he was stab/shot in the shower. He had plenty of time to get out before the camera was dropped. I don't see him sitting on the shower floor with the shower door wide open for a minute or more with all that water going onto the floor. And Jodi said he got out. Plus there is no blood on the ceiling of the shower. Splatter would have gone everywhere in such a small confined place, IMI. jmo

I'm sorry. I haven't watched this trial (not sorry that I haven't watched it, just sorry that I am so confused....) what is this about a camera? Who took pictures of him dying?

That is like wayyyyy to logical. If she had done that there would be no trial and a waste of a trip for her. She ruined his $6,000 car and he was still talking to her. There is no way he would have killed her.

Notice how Samuels said Jodi claims Travis said: "I'll kill you, you *advertiser censored**** B****". And she was very, very adamant that he said "Kill you *advertiser censored*** b***". Big difference between what she testified to and what she told the doctor. jmo

Totally forgot about the car. You're right. :facepalm: If you compare the two, which I hope the jury will, then they'll see how absurd this camera claim is. The BMW was only worth $6,000?

His hands are not duct taped in the shower - you can see them in the photos, not duct taped.

I mean after he sat down. I think she tossed him a roll and made him duct tape himself while sitting down. This is the only way I see she could control him and come out without any wounds herself, but to her finger.

But why would you shoot someone in the head after you have already killed them by stabbing them and slashing their throat?

Mad. Overkill. It's happened in other cases. Why stab him in the back, in the chest, and slash his throat if he'd been shot in the head? She was crazy. I can't explain that.

I'd venture to guess she was pissed that he knocked the gun from her hand? And her intent that day was to shoot him? So her hyper-literal self had to shoot him to complete her mission? I can't explain crazy.

I'm sorry. I haven't watched this trial (not sorry that I haven't watched it, just sorry that I am so confused....) what is this about a camera? Who took pictures of him dying?

She takes a series of pictures of him in the shower over a period of about 20 minutes. They are all time stamped and dated. They were deleted but the police recovered them.

In the second to last picture, he is seated, the shower door is open, and it looks like the water is turned off. The next picture shows the ceiling above the shower. 62 seconds later there is the next picture which shows him on his back on the floor with blood pouring over his shoulder and her foot and leg next to him.

You didn't know about those?

IMO

You might wanna start with the media thread because there is soooooooo much you are behind on if you don't know about the camera. Also this is the sequence of events thread so I don't wanna get too OT and the mods get me:).

Reading up...if the chest wound to heart area allowed blood to leak into his lungs, I can see coughing of material in lungs could give similar results. But, if that happened to me, I see no reason to go to vanity plus I am not going to turn my back to someone with a knife.

I can see a reason why he *might* have gone to the vanity and turned his back to his killer. Not saying that it did or did not happen this way, but here goes:

He saw Jodi run out of the room and assumed she was gone, but instead of leaving, she ran downstairs and got the gun out of her purse and came back to finish him off. As devious as she is, she might have even opened and slammed the front door just to make him believe she had left. We will never know for sure how it happened or what happened first.

I can see a reason why he *might* have gone to the vanity and turned his back to his killer. Not saying that it did or did not happen this way, but here goes:

He saw Jodi run out of the room and assumed she was gone, but instead of leaving, she ran downstairs and got the gun out of her purse and came back to finish him off. As devious as she is, she might have even opened and slammed the front door just to make him believe she had left. We will never know for sure how it happened or what happened first.

The only thing that conflicts that is she'd have 62 seconds. Unless you're saying by the time she got back to the hallway, Travis was already lying prone on his back in the middle of the hall when that bloody photo at her feet was snapped.

In the second to last picture, he is seated, the shower door is open, and it looks like the water is turned off.

In both of the last two shower photos, there is indisputable evidence that the shower is still running. The water was not turned off in either of these photos and was probably never turned off during the killing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member