Not open for further replies.
Much of it is vague in that we THINK we know
what happened but much of it is pieced together
based on evidence and what we do know.

Example- telling 3 different stories
In telling 3 stories she obviously comes off as having signs of
psychopathy but in a situation where someone does not
want to go to jail, they do not have to be a psychopath to be willing
to lie to keep from facing up to their actions.

Hi, JustMe84. I agree with your first comment: The most fascinating part of a site like WebSleuths is that we don't know; we're piecing together evidence. That's why I find history so fascinating.

As for Jodi's multiple stories: It's true that under intense interrogation, suspects (even innocent suspects) change or adjust their stories, often multiple times. In addition to lying, memory is more pliable than people think.

Jodi's three stories are somewhat different. She not only told them to law enforcement; she agreed to several completely voluntary media appearances in each of which she set out her story with almost astonishing calm and self-composure. I don't venture into psychiatric diagnosis myself, but I can imagine that those who do view Jodi as a standout candidate.

No. She said it wasn't like she was 10 minutes away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, well a bit of the truth from Jodi. It wasn't like she was 10 minutes away, she was right there! Stoopid!

Is there any religion that is okay with premarital sex and such? I don't think there is but I sure don't know. I just don't understand why some have commented negatively about Travis in regards to this. It just seems ludicrous to me as many devoutly religious people struggle with this very thing.

This is exactly what makes her 'self-defense' so unbelievable. Travis was taking a shower. Is the defense trying to make us believe he had taken a knife and/or gun into the shower with him? She was outside, clothed, taking pictures of him and *even if he had* come at her, he was naked and she could certainly try to get out of that house! There were no injuries sustained to her to give any indication she was defending herself against anything.

:banghead:

MOO

Hi, Panthera. Exactly. My mind keeps returning to the shower attack in Psycho, an archetypal moment of total human defenseless.

I haven't posted or read in a day or two on this thread. I wish you guys well tomorrow when the trial resumes... It is so time-consuming that I'm thankful that I have to work all day and will be forced to catch up later - seriously! It's easy to get wrapped up in the play-by-play. So take good notes... TIA! :seeya:

Has it been mentioned that there are other shots of a deceased Travis on the camera, instead of the one showing what appears to be Jodi dragging him? I would think Jodi took lots of pics of her handiwork.

You're probably right!
Just think about that for a minute!

How many times can defense ask for a mistrial? If it is more than once, then I smell one if the jury has a 2 - 3 week break. That is waaaaay too much time for them to be on the loose and not possibly see, read or hear anything about this trial.

I don't think there's a limit on how many mistrials they can request.

A 2-3 week break would certainly not be grounds for a mistrial. Jurors would have known about the court schedule ahead of time. If not when they were selected as jurors, the Judge will consult with them about days off or scheduling issues.

Same goes for end of trial with closing arguments and deliberations. The Judge discusses schedule with lawyers and jurors talking about how long arguments might take, how long jurors want to deliberate, they try to work together.

In baby Gabriel's egg donor's trial also in AZ, they had about a 2-week break mid-trial. Arizona seems to do its own thing.

The DT wants the jury to believe the one shot to the head killed him. They want the jury to believe that came first which does not add up with any of the evidence entered. In fact very little blood was found from the small gunshot wound to the head which imo was because he had already bled out from the horrific stab wounds including the one that almost decapitated him.

Mercy killing is never going to fly imo. This was anything but merciful.

IMO

and she slit his throat and stabbed him because? That would not be very smart at all.

this does make me think of something I have been wondering. She originally
pushed the idea pretty hard that it was two people. She said it before she knew she was a suspect and after. Could the use of two weapons be an attempt to
make it look like two perpetrators?

Has anyone else had the song by The Talking Heads " psycho killer" run through their heads occasionally while reading about this case ?

Unless I'm reading the court docket wrong, trial schedule is normal this week: Mon - Thurs beginning at 10:30am

Friday normal day off

* Following week: Judge Stephens appears to have no schedule on Monday 1/21 or Tues 1/22

* JA trial resumes Wed 1/23 at 10:30am, Thurs 1/24 at 10:30 am

Friday 1/25 normal day off

.... checking the following week(s).... be back in a few....

Hi, Panthera. Exactly. My mind keeps returning to the shower attack in Psycho, an archetypal moment of total human defenseless.

That movie has crossed my mind as well when thinking of this case.

Curious what significance the shower had in her warped mind. One thing to begin the attack there, but to drag him back when obviously there was further bloodshed outside of it? The only thing that comes to mind is some sort of total humiliation, of him being found in such a vulnerable place?

MOO

:floorlaugh:
I'm not crafty with maps and I can't look at any more crime scene photos but I wanted to post a little something to kick off the weekend thread, so....

attachment.php
Lotus, you're so funny!

and she slit his throat and stabbed him because? That would not be very smart at all.

this does make me think of something I have been wondering. She originally
pushed the idea pretty hard that it was two people. She said it before she knew she was a suspect and after. Could the use of two weapons be an attempt to
make it look like two perpetrators?

Possible, but for what purpose? Home invasion with nothing taken or any visible sign the intruders had been there, except to murder him? Or a personal vendetta against him, but again why? If that was her intent, the staging was grossly lacking.

:waitasec:

MOO

Unless I'm reading the court docket wrong, trial schedule is normal this week: Mon - Thurs beginning at 10:30am

Friday normal day off

* Following week: Judge Stephens appears to have no schedule on Monday 1/21 or Tues 1/22

I think your schedule is correct.

After so much BS in some other cases, I'm looking forward to watching the JA trial, where the BS is right there where I can see it.

Is there any religion that is okay with premarital sex and such? I don't think there is but I sure don't know. I just don't understand why some have commented negatively about Travis in regards to this. It just seems ludicrous to me as many devoutly religious people struggle with this very thing.

I don't think anyone in the general public cares whether TA had premarital sex (I sure don't). But it's a really big deal with his Mormon community. In the Mormon belief system, premarital sex is a very big deal.

The issue is more about having a double life. His public image portrays the "worthy life" Mormon man, and his "success" as a motivational speaker and esteemed member of the community rides in large part on this image. But his actual lifestyle is contrary to the Mormon definition of "worthy".

So the defense will probably argue: If one lies or misrepresents himself in this respect, might he have other characteristics that were secret or hidden, as in being abusive? And if his life was "secret," no one else would really know...

And this IMO is probably where the defense is going with their self-defense claim; that although no one has come forward to say they witnessed these things, there was abuse, it was secret and part of an abuse cycle.

I can only speculate that this is a feature of an abuse syndrome which Alyce LaViolette, the DV expert due to testify for the defense, will talk about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabelle
Has it been mentioned that there are other shots of a deceased Travis on the camera, instead of the one showing what appears to be Jodi dragging him? I would think Jodi took lots of pics of her handiwork.

You're probably right!
Just think about that for a minute!

OMG, I think if there were, that would be so sensational that it would have a) leaked, and b) been presented by the pros by this point.

I don't think there's a limit on how many mistrials they can request.

A 2-3 week break would certainly not be grounds for a mistrial. Jurors would have known about the court schedule ahead of time. If not when they were selected as jurors, the Judge will consult with them about days off or scheduling issues.

Same goes for end of trial with closing arguments and deliberations. The Judge discusses schedule with lawyers and jurors talking about how long arguments might take, how long jurors want to deliberate, they try to work together.

In baby Gabriel's egg donor's trial also in AZ, they had about a 2-week break mid-trial. Arizona seems to do its own thing.

Is it really fact that there will be a 2-3 week break? Or just speculation/rumor? What's the source?

It seems pretty risky for a highly sensational trial with an unsequestered jury (not that I would ever suggest sequestering them for this break!).

ETA: For someone local, when do the local schools have spring break? Could this be the reason?

I don't think anyone in the general public cares whether TA had premarital sex (I sure don't). But it's a really big deal with his Mormon community. In the Mormon belief system, premarital sex is a very big deal.

The issue is more about having a double life. His public image portrays the "worthy life" Mormon man, and his "success" as a motivational speaker and esteemed member of the community rides in large part on this image. But his actual lifestyle is contrary to the Mormon definition of "worthy".

So the defense will probably argue: If one lies or misrepresents himself in this respect, might he have other characteristics that were secret or hidden, as in being abusive? And if his life was "secret," no one else would really know...

And this IMO is probably where the defense is going with their self-defense claim; that although no one has come forward to say they witnessed these things, there was abuse, it was secret and part of an abuse cycle.

I can only speculate that this is a feature of an abuse syndrome which Alyce LaViolette, the DV expert due to testify for the defense, will talk about.

I don't agree that he had a double life at all. Nor do I buy into his "lifestyle" being contrary to anything. I do not see this situation with JA as his lifestyle at all. jmo

Friday normal day off

Quoting myself (I'm such a narcissist! :blushing:)

As of right now the trial isn't listed on the court docket past the above dates with the exception of a few days in Feb. I don't know what this means. Judge could have filled that time with other business, lawyers could have other clients or vacations, this trial could not be entered into system yet?

So... DO NOT quote me and/or hold me responsible for any dates or schedule and DO NOT hold me responsible for days you may take off of work to watch the trial if anything changes. Watch responsibly and make appropriate child care arraingments. Everything I report is subject to change!

You can check the docket yourself here:

https://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/docket/calendar/Index.asp

-enter start date
- scroll down "Stephens, Sherry" / "SAJ04"
- Look for "State of Arizona / Jodi Ann Arias"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors