Jodi Arias Trial: the weekend discussion

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That movie has crossed my mind as well when thinking of this case.

Curious what significance the shower had in her warped mind. One thing to begin the attack there, but to drag him back when obviously there was further bloodshed outside of it? The only thing that comes to mind is some sort of total humiliation, of him being found in such a vulnerable place?

MOO

Hi, Panthera. I think that it's a combination of the rational (wanting to wash off her DNA from his body; placing him in the room least likely to be entered) and irrational (cleansing his body to remember him as he was.) Cleansing forms a vital part in Mormon rituals (as it does in other sects) and it's possible that Jodi was still clinging to her newfound faith in a characteristically twisted way.

I just read that there will be two days of testimony this week and then a 2-3 week break. Has anyone heard this? If this is true, than I can understand why it will take so long to complete this trial. Is this normal in Arizona?

CBT, do you have a link to source that reported the 2-3 week break? TIA!

Possible, but for what purpose? Home invasion with nothing taken or any visible sign the intruders had been there, except to murder him? Or a personal vendetta against him, but again why? If that was her intent, the staging was grossly lacking.

:waitasec:

MOO

i wasnt saying she was smart just said that may have been what she was intending to do. I remember the prosecution mentioning staging.

I wish we had more insight into the content of her gmail account. All of it, search, chat, and email. It would confirm so much regarding Jodi's state of mind over the course of her relationship and escalating obsession with Travis. And the reality Jodi created for herself online, the persona she projected. We've only seen the tip of the iceberg IMO.

Just went over the media timeline photos thread and I am so disgusted. This poor man, no one deserves to die like that. I am shocked that such a small girl could have done that though. I feel like if I attacked my fiancé in the shower with a knife in the manner she did that he would be able to get the knife from me no problem. Did they say if the chest would was the first stab? Would that be why maybe he was incapacitated enough for her to be able to kill him? I read the defenses side of the story and how she is claiming he mentally and emotionally abused her and it was in self defense but 27 times? And the gun used was reported stolen 1 week prior so that shows some premeditation IMO. How absolutely crazy! What kind of mental illness could cause this??? Goodness!

I was thinking about the duct tape found. I wonder if she ducktaped the handle of the knife to her hand so that he couldn't take it from her.

It would be interesting to know how many pictures the memory card could hold at one time. Maybe she had to delete in order to keep shooting?

It depends on the size of the memory card and how large the photo files are for that particular model. Also, if the photo settings were fine, normal, small.

HTH

I had to comment on your post. Coming from a law enforcement background, I can tell you that LE is legally not able to get involved in custodial cases. This is a civil matter and they are not able to just "go get" a child unless the child is in danger or there has been some domestic abuse involving the child. If the child had lived with both the mom and the boyfriend, then he could very well claim that he was the father, thus instigating a civil action. I'm not saying that you aren't telling the full story, so please don't think that, but there had to be more to it than that. This officer would be risking his job by saying that "he didn't want to risk his life that night".

Just another side of the story. I just have been on too many threads that blame LE for everything and I don't want this thread to turn into that.

I get that you aren't calling me liar. I want to make that clear right up front.

He did say that. He didn't give any other reason. Maybe there were other ones but they are not the ones he stated. I would have been more understanding if he had, but he didn't. Perhaps he felt comfortable saying what he meant instead of what he should have because he knows people would not believe he said it.

In his defense, he was right. The BF was back the next week.

It's funny law that would turn it's head the other way at a man running off with a young boy on a night when he has been hitting people. His kid or not.

Just went over the media timeline photos thread and I am so disgusted. This poor man, no one deserves to die like that. I am shocked that such a small girl could have done that though. I feel like if I attacked my fiancé in the shower with a knife in the manner she did that he would be able to get the knife from me no problem. Did they say if the chest would was the first stab? Would that be why maybe he was incapacitated enough for her to be able to kill him? I read the defenses side of the story and how she is claiming he mentally and emotionally abused her and it was in self defense but 27 times? And the gun used was reported stolen 1 week prior so that shows some premeditation IMO. How absolutely crazy! What kind of mental illness could cause this??? Goodness!

Extreme rage and a lack of conscience IMO
(I'm not completely convinced about the extreme rage)

just watched an interview from in session where his friend was talking about the instant messages where he tried to break it off and supposedly sent her a very harsh goodbye instant message. During that exchange she supposedly admitted to hacking his Facebook. I really hope the prosecution shows this conversation

just watched an interview from in session where his friend was talking about the instant messages where he tried to break it off and supposedly sent her a very harsh goodbye instant message. During that exchange she supposedly admitted to hacking his Facebook. I really hope the prosecution shows this conversation
It'll be coming in imo - that was the last weekend in May from what I understand. Only days later he was dead.

ETA: Barring defense getting away with it being precluded that is. ;) This is the same defense team that had the chutzpah to request Travis not be referred to as 'victim' during the trial. :furious:

Is it really fact that there will be a 2-3 week break? Or just speculation/rumor? What's the source?

It seems pretty risky for a highly sensational trial with an unsequestered jury (not that I would ever suggest sequestering them for this break!).

ETA: For someone local, when do the local schools have spring break? Could this be the reason?

The Judge and also the Prosecutor Martinez have a very busy schedule as they are finishing up other murder cases and I see some new ones coming up as well.

Keep in mind Monday Jan. 21st is a Holiday... So no court anyway. It appears that Court will be in season this week M-Th starting at 10:30am (of course pending possible delays due to cases the Judge will be seeing from 8:30-10:30 each morning).

Spring Break here in AZ is in March.

The reason for breaks other than Spring Break would be because of the busy schedule of other murder cases that she sees and also Juan Martinez is trying. For instance, State of AZ vs. Richard Chrismon is one that I believe they are just now finishing up. There are more on the docket as well. Basically, cases will overlap.

Hopefully this helps some and I apologize if any of this has already been posted.

One thing I do want to add though is that... Juan Martinez is an excellent prosecutor and has tried other death penalty cases fairly recently as in recent years (however I think as recent as last year) and has won....

I was thinking about the duct tape found. I wonder if she ducktaped the handle of the knife to her hand so that he couldn't take it from her.

I could see this scenario. Especially if the knife was a switch blade, it could easily be kept from Travis' view before she extended the blade.

The Judge and also the Prosecutor Martinez have a very busy schedule as they are finishing up other murder cases and I see some new ones coming up as well.

Keep in mind Monday Jan. 21st is a Holiday... So no court anyway. It appears that Court will be in season this week M-Th starting at 10:30am (of course pending possible delays due to cases the Judge will be seeing from 8:30-10:30 each morning).

The reason for breaks other than Spring Break would be because of the busy schedule of other murder cases that she sees and also Juan Martinez is trying. For instance, State of AZ vs. Richard Chrismon is one that I believe they are just now finishing up. There are more on the docket as well. Basically, cases will overlap.

Hopefully this helps some and I apologize if any of this has already been posted.

One thing I do want to add though is that... Juan Martinez is an excellent prosecutor and has tried other death penalty cases fairly recently as in recent years (however I think as recent as last year) and has won....

Thanks Ftg. I think he is doing a good job. I rather like his style.

Thanks for that, ftg! I agree about Juan being excellent. He is very efficient yet seems thorough. I love his pace and he's easy to follow.

I wonder how he can mentally handle trying multiple murder cases simultaneously! There is so much detail he must cover. And he doesn't seem to rely heavily on notes. How does he do that?

I read a comment from a "myspace friend" of Jodi's on Travis' facebook page memorial. The friend stated he saved conversations with Jodi in which she went into detail about her contempt for Travis. I wonder if the prosecution took him up on his offer to share?

I wonder how he can mentally handle trying multiple murder cases simultaneously! There is so much detail he must cover. And he doesn't seem to rely heavily on notes. How does he do that?

some people are just made to do this! I can't imagine he has much personal time at all but he must enjoy it because he really puts himself into it. Thank goodness for paralegals or he may not get any time at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879