Jodi Arias Trial Watchers Thread #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the defendant peeking through her fingers at the pics of her victim...

that ear to ear stuff is a penalty in the mormon doctrine ! i hope the state knows this and uses it, she did it cause that was the penalty for disobeying the lord and the church!

They let the jury question witness' in Arizona. That is so cool! I would have loved that in the trial I served on.

I also like how each witness is questioned by the state and then the defense immediately - it makes it very easy to follow and not forget testimony.

Joseph Smith had 11 women living in his house when he was married. He told each one of them they were his spiritual wives and secretly married them, ofcourse each one thought they were the only one, so when the chit hit the fan his 1st wife kicked him out and she stayed in that town with his 1st child. he left and was driven all over the country till the men caught up with him and killed him. Some of those women were already married to other men, so i see why he was loathed when he showed up in your town.

ok the only reason i know this is because i just watched it on tv - john smith was still living in the town and married to all his wives - when the newspaper published a story about john smith practicing puligomy - so smith and his friends went to newspaper and burnt it down, so the police for the county arrested them and took them to a court house in a bigger town and put them in jail - an angry mob broke in and killed smith, his brother and friends
they believe at the time women (including some of smiths wives) also practiced puligomy and had more than 1 husband and would go between houses which is why they think smith's wife was at another home

that ear to ear stuff is a penalty in the mormon doctrine ! i hope the state knows this and uses it, she did it cause that was the penalty for disobeying the lord and the church!

But would she have learned that in her 2 week quick course on how to become a Mormon?

One of the first responding officers to the scene
Testified that the body was emitting gasses and the neck wound was "bubbling" and "splattering blood" every few seconds as the gas was escaping.
He saw blood splatter in the bathroom and around the sink area

respondingofficer_zps589ed2f4.jpg

But would she have learned that in her 2 week quick course on how to become a Mormon?

I dunno I though she knew him for awhile and someone could have told her there are a lot of naysayers when it comes to that church its awful strange coinceidence dont ya think?

ok the only reason i know this is because i just watched it on tv - john smith was still living in the town and married to all his wives - when the newspaper published a story about john smith practicing puligomy - so smith and his friends went to newspaper and burnt it down, so the police for the county arrested them and took them to a court house in a bigger town and put them in jail - an angry mob broke in and killed smith, his brother and friends
they believe at the time women (including some of smiths wives) also practiced puligomy and had more than 1 husband and would go between houses which is why they think smith's wife was at another home

To my knowledge that isn't entirely accurate. Read "Under the Banner of Heaven" to truly understand the history of the Mormon Chuch. BTW, I live about 30 miles from their holiest of holy ground. The area Joseph Smith supposedly found the golden tablets he was told about by the angel Maroney(sp?)

dang it I was cooking and missed it what did they ask?

Nothing, they were just offered the opportunity to question the witness.

So they're already done for the day? What time is it in AZ?

To my knowledge that isn't entirely accurate. Read "Under the Banner of Heaven" to truly understand the history of the Mormon Chuch. BTW, I live about 30 miles from their holiest of holy ground. The area Joseph Smith supposedly found the golden tablets he was told about by the angel Maroney(sp?)

Nothing, they were just offered the opportunity to question the witness.

the angel was Moron-I not moron as I say sometimes they pronounce it Morone eye LOL

It wrapped up about 4:25 p.m. in AZ. It's winter so they are an hour ahead and during daylight savings in the spring and summer, PST is the same as AZ. They do not observe daylight savings and changing the time and all that which I admire them for!

Interesting first day. I know the judge asks the jurors if they have any questions but I am sure they have to go through the judge first because they may be improper on objectionable grounds and then the judge would ask the question.

This defense team is going to have a rough one. She may be a psychopath, but not a very savvy murderer, or soooooo off the deep end she didn't think anyone would believe she did it. Lala land.

Just wanted to bump up the link again for any who may have missed it earlier and are wanting a play by play of all opening statements by DA and DT as well as any/all testimony..

click on the link and read from the bottom of the page up..it begins at 12:30pm PT and is still continually updating all the way to the present time..it will refresh every few mins to give you the up to the minute testimony that is time stamped as well..and this is supposed to continue each day for the entire duration of the trial...excellent for any who are interested in getting to the heart of statements and testimony taking place each day in the courtroom..also you will find no shortage of photos taken and posted throughout the course of op statements and testimony(photos of defendant, all attys, each witness on the stand, as well as shots of the family whose emotions obviously are outpouring at times regarding specific graphic and/or disturbing testimony and of photos that are being introduced into evidence and displayed in open court)

**again reminder scrolll all the way to the bottom of the page to begin reading from the bottom of the page up, it begins at 12:30pm PT..
http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/01/02/live-blog-jodi-arias-opening-statements

IMO this case does not rise to the level where it should be a DP case. First degree murder LWOP, yes of course. DP, no. I consider a DP case to be reserved for the "worst of the worst" type crimes. This one is horrific, but no more so than any other spurned lover gone evil.

I predict Arias will be convicted but not be sentenced to death.

what was it with the ear stuff??? that went over my head hahahahaha

Oh dear God how I pray that these jurors are not manipulated into sympathizing with this IMO cold blooded killer ..IMO the quote below clearly shows Arias' attempts at this exact tactic of manipulating the jury from DAY ONE!
6:32 p.m. ET: Officer Williams is excused from the witness stand, and the judge has recessed for the evening. Arias seems to make one attempt to make eye contact with the jurors as they exit the courtroom. Arias is now crying and is looking down at the ground.

Interesting first day of trial.Jodie's got the" downtrodden,woe is me look"going on trying to look like the perfect little victim of big bully Travis.Does she really think the jury will believe that she actually went out of her way to see him if she was so scared of him?And as another poster stated,there just happens to be a knife and a gun handy when Travis loses his temper?Good luck with that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver