JonBenet's Dream Team

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But wait, the ransom note attempts to frame a small foreign faction AND draws attention to just a handful of people close to the R's? That makes no sense.

What is needed are more IDI theories, since LE is leaning that way these days, what with the exhonoration and all that.

Now I really don't know which way the LE is heading cause I haven't heard anything since the new DA took over....And IDI theories about strangers just don't cut it....Now no matter what I really think if someone else did this crime they would have more knowledge than a small forgien faction....So the RN does reflect this but again John Ramsey sure knock it out of the ball park by saying IT WAS AN INSIDE JOB this is my opinion ....

Reading the ACR...Linda Hoffman Pugh's husband Melvin and son in law just gave fingerprints samples...Now on this I'm wondering why these two and her daughter didn't need to give blood and DNA samples..I thought everyone gave this samples so they could be excluded from this case...

LHP's family helped with Christmas decorations and all had possible knowledge of the house..So with this why just fingerprints...Just wondering here,LHP"S bunch had a key and knew about the R's not using the alarm...

Just curious how they were truly excluded cause Bill McReynolds bunch all of them gave fingerprints,blood and DNA...

IIRC Mervin Pugh did give DNA samples.There's a pic from a file somewhere.

Thanks for answering my question I never seen the pic of him giving DNA sample always thought that would be done in private in a hospital or doctor office...Do you know if the rest gave too...Cause I been researching this case but haven't found alot what I'm looking for...

Thanks for answering my question I never seen the pic of him giving DNA sample always thought that would be done in private in a hospital or doctor office...Do you know if the rest gave too...Cause I been researching this case but haven't found alot what I'm looking for...

It doesn't say here that he did but I do remember seeing it.

Here it says only that:

Linda Hoffmann-Pugh:
Gave Prints YES 12-27-1996
Gave Blood YES
Gave Hair YES

Local doctor's office
YES 02-00-1997

Handwriting YES 12-26-1996
Linda printed
"Mr.Ramsey"
"attache"
"beheaded"
"$118,000"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YES 02-00-1997
Reference
PMPT
Page 232sb

Got DNA YES

No
match
PMPT
Page
664sb

Ariana Pugh Gave prints YES

Mervin Pugh Gave prints YES

Son-in-law gave prints yes

http://www.acandyrose.com/s-linda-hoffmann-pugh.htm

But if MP gave a sample probably the son in law gave too.moo

Here it is Ravyn,jayelles thread

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=268333#post268333"]Cleared on DNA - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Mervin%20DNA.jpg

Fleet%20and%20Priscilla%20DNA.jpg

No. A lot of people think he was, but he was ruled out because his story just didn't jell with the evidence, including the DNA. His story was crafted in such a way that if one single thing were out of place, he'd have to be booted.

Ok, I should`ve written- he was ruled out as the source of that DNA- meaning it is possible to rule someone out based on that degraded DNA. I`m not sure, how degraded it actually is- I know pretty much nothing about it.

Now reading DOI, and thinking IDI, or should I say- the R`s didn`t do it. I`m also thinking that perhaps the DA`s office knows something more about the case and it`s facts, that is enough to exonerate the R`s. Again, I really don`t know who to trust since there has been so much misleading information, not to mention the lynch mob kind of mentality towards the R´s and people who have defended them. Because this makes me sick, I think I`ll hang on to IDI. None of the websleuths know the truth I`m afraid.

Ok, I should`ve written- he was ruled out as the source of that DNA- meaning it is possible to rule someone out based on that degraded DNA.

I'm not sure you understand what I mean. Even if the DNA hadn't matched him, the DA STILL could have brought charges against him IF any of the other evidence had jelled with his account. That's the whole point: just because the DNA is worthless (and in my opinion, that's exactly what it is), you could still pursue a case against an intruder with the other evidence.

But since his story was crafted in such a way where literally every single thing had to match up, once the DNA came back negative, the whole thing collapsed like a house of cards.

I`m not sure, how degraded it actually is- I know pretty much nothing about it.

Pretty badly, from what I understand. The fingernail DNA only had two markers and the panty DNA had to be amplified just to get ten.

Now reading DOI, and thinking IDI, or should I say- the R`s didn`t do it.

I've been there.

I`m also thinking that perhaps the DA`s office knows something more about the case and it`s facts, that is enough to exonerate the R`s.

Well, several people have said that. I don't buy it myself. The GJ prosecutor said that he didn't think the DA had even read the case file.

Again, I really don`t know who to trust since there has been so much misleading information,

I sympathize.

not to mention the lynch mob kind of mentality towards the R´s and people who have defended them.

That "lynch mob" stuff is completely wasted on me. Pure self-serving tripe, in my opinion.

Because this makes me sick, I think I`ll hang on to IDI.

Much as I sympathize, I can't approve of your reasoning.

None of the websleuths know the truth I`m afraid.

We try. That's all we can do.

Ok, I should`ve written- he was ruled out as the source of that DNA- meaning it is possible to rule someone out based on that degraded DNA. I`m not sure, how degraded it actually is- I know pretty much nothing about it.

Now reading DOI, and thinking IDI, or should I say- the R`s didn`t do it. I`m also thinking that perhaps the DA`s office knows something more about the case and it`s facts, that is enough to exonerate the R`s. Again, I really don`t know who to trust since there has been so much misleading information, not to mention the lynch mob kind of mentality towards the R´s and people who have defended them. Because this makes me sick, I think I`ll hang on to IDI. None of the websleuths know the truth I`m afraid.

Its a lot safer to be IDI because you're not actually trying to pin a murder on an actual person. You're not accusing anybody specifically. It would make me sick to even implicate someone and later be proven wrong. Its one thing to persue justice, its quite another to railroad people in the process.

Thats why ST should've kept his job ESPECIALLY if his gut told him RDI, because at least then he would be in a position to elevate the case with some actual smoking gun type evidence. He gave up his investigative role on one of the most notorious murders (??) and chose sides prematurely, IMO.

I agree none of the websleuths know what the DA knows. Nor do the websleuths know the truth. Beware those who claim to know because the information just isn't there.

It doesn't say here that he did but I do remember seeing it.

Here it says only that:

Linda Hoffmann-Pugh:
Gave Prints YES 12-27-1996
Gave Blood YES
Gave Hair YES

Local doctor's office
YES 02-00-1997

Handwriting YES 12-26-1996
Linda printed
"Mr.Ramsey"
"attache"
"beheaded"
"$118,000"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YES 02-00-1997
Reference
PMPT
Page 232sb

Got DNA YES

No
match
PMPT
Page
664sb

Ariana Pugh Gave prints YES

Mervin Pugh Gave prints YES

Son-in-law gave prints yes

http://www.acandyrose.com/s-linda-hoffmann-pugh.htm

But if MP gave a sample probably the son in law gave too.moo

Now where it says Mervin gave is this stuff came from their house or the R's....And it just got me cause on the ACR site shows the McReynolds bunch samples and listed all....Thanks again...

Its a lot safer to be IDI because you're not actually trying to pin a murder on an actual person. You're not accusing anybody specifically. It would make me sick to even implicate someone and later be proven wrong. Its one thing to persue justice, its quite another to railroad people in the process.

Thats why ST should've kept his job ESPECIALLY if his gut told him RDI, because at least then he would be in a position to elevate the case with some actual smoking gun type evidence. He gave up his investigative role on one of the most notorious murders (??) and chose sides prematurely, IMO.

I agree none of the websleuths know what the DA knows. Nor do the websleuths know the truth. Beware those who claim to know because the information just isn't there.

On this I have to agree ST should've kept his job best way to get to the truth...In this thread I meant it when I said it's all about JonBenet no matter where this case leads me...At times it leads to the R's then I can read something and I can see a intruder..

When you're right, you're right. A good sport doesn't whine when things don't go his way.

Holdontoyourhat wrote:
Its a lot safer to be IDI because you're not actually trying to pin a murder on an actual person. You're not accusing anybody specifically. It would make me sick to even implicate someone and later be proven wrong.

Yep, that`s exactly how I feel.

Beware those who claim to know because the information just isn't there.

I`m learning.

SuperDave wrote:

I'm not sure you understand what I mean. Even if the DNA hadn't matched him, the DA STILL could have brought charges against him IF any of the other evidence had jelled with his account. That's the whole point: just because the DNA is worthless (and in my opinion, that's exactly what it is), you could still pursue a case against an intruder with the other evidence.

Ok, thanks for that info. I was interested in the degraded DNA- is it enough to rule someone out as the source, based on those few markers, if not enough to make a match. So yes, it is, as you wrote: The DNA came back negative

SuperDave wrote:
Pretty badly, from what I understand. The fingernail DNA only had two markers and the panty DNA had to be amplified just to get ten.

But it`s enough to match the panty DNA to the touch DNA? That would make the panty DNA important as well.

SuperDave wrote;
I've been there.

It would be interesting to know what facts changed your mind, or was it a longer story where you started to see the big picture differently? I see: no motive, loving family, no history of violence before or after JB`s murder. And I see: brutal murder, signs of an intruder, foreign DNA, no indictment, exoneration.

SuperDave wrote:
The GJ prosecutor said that he didn't think the DA had even read the case file.

Where? I believe the DA was well aware of the facts of the case.

SuperDave

You don`t have to, of course. Because there`s a strong possibility imo that the R`s are very much victimized themselves I choose to hang on to IDI.

SuperDave wrote:

Ok, thanks for that info. I was interested in the degraded DNA- is it enough to rule someone out as the source, based on those few markers, if not enough to make a match. So yes, it is, as you wrote: The DNA came back negative

I apologize, but I just don't seem to be able to put what I'm trying to say into words. So let me try again: it was only enough to rule HIM out because it would HAVE to be his.

You saw it yourself: the instruments were not autopsy-friendly.

SuperDave wrote:

But it`s enough to match the panty DNA to the touch DNA? That would make the panty DNA important as well.

If the touch DNA is important itself. Big IF, imo.

SuperDave wrote;
I've been there.

It would be interesting to know what facts changed your mind, or was it a
longer story where you started to see the big picture differently?

It is a long story at that. But the road from IDI to RDI can be summed up in a few events which LED me to see the big picture differently. First was the now-legendary face-off on Larry King with ST. That one shook me up pretty badly. An obviously impaired PR making clumsy advances on ST while JR sits there laughing like the Emperor in "Star Wars." Comparing JB's death to that of a dog. And so on. Not to mention the aftermath, when the head PI working for them quit two days later. He didn't want any part of that.

The second event was when LS went on TV and showed how someone could have gone through the basement window. That was pretty much the turning point. See, I may not have all the answers, as you pointed out, but I DO believe my own eyes. I can't not see what my eyes see. And what my eyes saw was a skinny man, with no winter clothing on, wriggling like a python just to get through that window, his rear end scraping all over the window well. If you've ever seen the photos of the window taken that morning, you can clearly see that the dirt, leaves and debris were not disturbed at all. You can still see the marks from the last good rain. And we are supposed to believe that an intruder wearing winter clothes was able to go through that window in AND out without leaving a trace of himself near it. Something which neither LS nor JR were able to do! After that, it was just like dominoes. I started to think, "well, if that doesn't wash, what ELSE doesn't add up?" A LOT, as it turned out.

There were other things, but by then, they were pretty much icing on the cake. Make no error: it was NOT an easy transition. It was bitter, as such happenings often are. The idea that two parents could have done this thing made me sick.

I see: no motive,

Who says I need one? Though, I must admit, sometimes I wonder...

loving family,

If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that one. I'm not trying to mock you. It's just that these things get cliche pretty fast for me.

no history of violence before or after JB`s murder.

There was something going on there.

And I see: brutal murder,

Someone wanted it to LOOK brutal, that's for sure.

signs of an intruder,

Which I find questionable.

foreign DNA,

Which has several problems in and of itself.

no indictment, exoneration.

It would take quite a while for me to go through all the problems there.

SuperDave wrote:
The GJ prosecutor said that he didn't think the DA had even read the case file.

Where? I believe the DA was well aware of the facts of the case.

Well, he had his doubts.

SuperDave

You don`t have to, of course. Because there`s a strong possibility imo that the R`s are very much victimized themselves I choose to hang on to IDI.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you remind me of me.

Exoneration shouldn't had came cause with finding that the coroner didn't take the safe steps in collecting these samples and now we are truly left with the fibers found at the crime scene...

SuperDave wrote:
I apologize, but I just don't seem to be able to put what I'm trying to say into words. So let me try again: it was only enough to rule HIM out because it would HAVE to be his.

It`s ok, I understand what you mean about the DNA. I`m the foreigner (!), so it`s probably my language skills that cause problems sometimes.

About the instruments, well I`m not sure if they actually were contaminated and ruined the samples. If the DNA in the panties matches the clean touch DNA, it doesn`t seem to be contaminated.

SuperDave wrote:
It is a long story at that. But the road from IDI to RDI can be summed up in a few events which LED me to see the big picture differently. First was the now-legendary face-off on Larry King with ST. That one shook me up pretty badly. An obviously impaired PR making clumsy advances on ST while JR sits there laughing like the Emperor in "Star Wars." Comparing JB's death to that of a dog. And so on. Not to mention the aftermath, when the head PI working for them quit two days later. He didn't want any part of that.

Oh no, SuperDave, it`s stuff like "Patsy came on to me", "John joked- therefore guilty" that makes me lean IDI- especially when it`s done by a police officer! Judging others behaviour is much in the eyes of the beholder, it`s influenced by attitudes, preconceptions and often things are taken out of context. I don`t know the R´s and Ì try not to make judgements about their guilt based on TV interviews. About the PI quitting I have not yet read about.

SuperDave wrote:
The second event was when LS went on TV and showed how someone could have gone through the basement window. That was pretty much the turning point. See, I may not have all the answers, as you pointed out, but I DO believe my own eyes. I can't not see what my eyes see. And what my eyes saw was a skinny man, with no winter clothing on, wriggling like a python just to get through that window, his rear end scraping all over the window well. If you've ever seen the photos of the window taken that morning, you can clearly see that the dirt, leaves and debris were not disturbed at all. You can still see the marks from the last good rain. And we are supposed to believe that an intruder wearing winter clothes was able to go through that window in AND out without leaving a trace of himself near it. Something which neither LS nor JR were able to do! After that, it was just like dominoes. I started to think, "well, if that doesn't wash, what ELSE doesn't add up?" A LOT, as it turned out.

Ok, well for me that video only shows that a man as tall as Lou Smit went through the window pretty easily. But yes, there would have been more disturbance in the leaves I suppose, though there looked to be some disturbance. (I`m actually thinking, that perhaps the intruder thought about leaving through the window, put the suitcase under it but gave up the thought.) Umm, winterclothes can be slim and well fitting. :) Anyway, that video does not influence me one way or the other. But yeah, there´s a lot of "what else doesn`t add up" in this case and - what really are the facts?

SuperDave wrote:
There were other things, but by then, they were pretty much icing on the cake. Make no error: it was NOT an easy transition. It was bitter, as such happenings often are. The idea that two parents could have done this thing made me sick.

Ok, I believe you did not make up your mind early on, but it was a difficult transition.

SuperDave wrote:
If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that one (loving family). I'm not trying to mock you. It's just that these things get cliche pretty fast for me.

Well, I haven`t seen real proof otherwise. What do the people that know them, and especially their children, say about them?

SuperDave wrote:

Speculation.

SuperDave wrote:

I think It`s brutal to make it look brutal too, but I believe it really was a brutal assault, probably sexual, she was strangled while still alive, and the strike to the head was no accident I believe.

Signs that can be attributed to an intruder: Foreign DNA, duct tape, cord, rope, brown paperbag, fibers (at least light brown) not traced to the house, baseball bat, flashlight, shoeprint..and we have a brutal murder. About the RN- the handwriting does look similar to PR in my eyes, but actually my own writing resembles it for some letters too, I wonder how common that type of handwriting is. And to my understanding the experts did not have a consensus that PR wrote it- far from it. Since the letter was long and it seems little was done to disguise the handwriting, I think they should`ve been able to prove without a doubt it was her, if it was.

SuperDave wrote:

Be careful with these things. ;)

SuperDave wrote:

It`s ok, I understand what you mean about the DNA. I`m the foreigner (!), so it`s probably my language skills that cause problems sometimes.

No problem.

About the instruments, well I`m not sure if they actually were contaminated and ruined the samples. If the DNA in the panties matches the clean touch DNA, it doesn`t seem to be contaminated.

Well, that's kind of the problem, isn't it? If the instruments were contaminated, who knows where the touch DNA came from?

SuperDave wrote:

Oh no, SuperDave, it`s stuff like "Patsy came on to me", "John joked- therefore guilty" that makes me lean IDI-

That's not what I'm saying! It troubled me, that's all.

especially when it`s done by a police officer! Judging others behaviour is much in the eyes of the beholder, it`s influenced by attitudes, preconceptions and often things are taken out of context.

Uh-huh.

I don`t know the R´s and Ì try not to make judgements about their guilt based on TV interviews.

And I DIDN'T! That's what I'm trying to say.

About the PI quitting I have not yet read about.

Not surprising. A lot of people don't know about that. I know he had a falling out with their lawyer later that year.

SuperDave wrote:

Ok, well for me that video only shows that a man as tall as Lou Smit went through the window pretty easily.

Easily?

But yes, there would have been more disturbance in the leaves I suppose,

Not just the leaves; everything else in there.

though there looked to be some disturbance. (I`m actually thinking, that perhaps the intruder thought about leaving through the window, put the suitcase under it but gave up the thought.)

Except that Fleet White told the cops HE put the suitcase there.

Umm, winterclothes can be slim and well fitting. :)

Well, I know the cops tried it themselves.

Anyway, that video does not influence me one way or the other. But yeah, there´s a lot of "what else doesn`t add up" in this case and - what really are the facts?

That would be the question.

SuperDave wrote:

Ok, I believe you did not make up your mind early on, but it was a difficult transition.

Especially since I'd been so deep in their corner up to that point.

SuperDave wrote:
If I had a nickel for every time I've heard that one (loving family). I'm not trying to mock you. It's just that these things get cliche pretty fast for me.

Well, I haven`t seen real proof otherwise. What do the people that know them, and especially their children, say about them?

Depends on who you ask. The former housekeeper said that PR had gotten in the habit of hitting JB. Said she heard her screaming in the bathroom.

SuperDave wrote:

Speculation.

Informed speculation.

SuperDave wrote:

I think It`s brutal to make it look brutal too,

It gets complicated, Mysteeri. Take the ligature around the neck, for example. Yes, on the surface it looks horrible, what with JB's neck squeezed like that. But the autopsy revealed no damage to the inside of the mouth, no damage to the strap muscles of the neck, and so on. Former Denver DA Norm Early said about this, and I quote: "when staging a strangulation, you don't want the coroner to come back and say 'this strangulation couldn't have killed someone.' So you pull it deeper and deeper."

but I believe it really was a brutal assault, probably sexual,

Highly doubtful, from my view. Among other reasons, because there was very little damage done to the vaginal area.

she was strangled while still alive,

Agreed, but just HOW alive is the question.

and the strike to the head was no accident I believe.

Okay. Just to keep straight, when we say "accident," we mean that whoever hit her didn't mean to hurt her so badly.

Signs that can be attributed to an intruder: Foreign DNA, duct tape, cord, rope, brown paperbag, fibers (at least light brown) not traced to the house, baseball bat, flashlight, shoeprint..and we have a brutal murder.

Foreign DNA is questionable, we have prices for duct tape and cord on PR's credit card receipt, the baseball bat and flashlight were most likely theirs, the shoeprint was matched to BR years ago...and we have, and I quote, elaborate staging.

About the RN- the handwriting does look similar to PR in my eyes,

Now, you're getting it.

but actually my own writing resembles it for some letters too, I wonder how common that type of handwriting is.

Only about 5% of adults. Moreover, there used to be a side-by-side chart comparing her letters to the RN letters. It was shocking, to say the least.

And to my understanding the experts did not have a consensus that PR wrote it- far from it.

It's considerably more complicated than that, Mysteeri. In my case, it helps to remember that the two experts who did the most extensive analyses-Ubowski and Epstein-said she did. Whereas NOBODY was able to say she didn't.

Since the letter was long and it seems little was done to disguise the handwriting,

Little? How do any of us know how much was done to disguise it? Especially since PR was found out to be able to write left-handed.

I think they should`ve been able to prove without a doubt it was her, if it was.

I used to think that too. Until I found out how problem-ridden the field of handwriting examination is. Even Alex Hunter said that he wanted to just scrap the whole expert testimony deal and just let the jury see the charts for themselves. Whatever that does for you.

SuperDave wrote:

Be careful with these things. ;)

???

Why would an intruder bring a piece of duct tape with him that has been already used before?And how did PR's red fibers get on it??

And what does "not traced to the house" mean anyway?If the R's say those items didn't belong to them doesn't mean it's necessarily true.The bowl issue is a perfect example.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back