Jose Baez - Today Show - Dec. 19, 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand how this would give reasonable doubt as to who killed Caylee???? All it show is that LE didnt follow up on a tip. If tehy had followed up on the tip, they would have found her REMAINS sooner, it wouldnt have changed the circumstances surrounding her death OR who is responsible.

Yes you are exactly right. However, let's go back to the OJ Simpson trial of the Century. We all new he was guilty, but the defense put so much emphasis on LE being incompetent and doing chitty job- that they were able to convince a jury to acquit by reasonable doubt.
This makes the prosecutions case a bit harder, in My opinion. Because if the defense argues the body was placed there while KC was in jail, the prosecution will have to explain why cadaver dogs didn't pickup the scent when they invesitaged back early on. I don't know what route the defense will go, but they surely will take this and run with it.

Good post--as we know that's the thing for many trial lawyers--pick on one aspect that is human error related and try to build a case around it (Mark Fuhrman comes to mind). Though the issue really doesn't go to guilt or innocence it will be used to obscure and divert.
I'm sure the OCSO is not happy but I believe they will investigate the incidents and do the right things to address the mistakes but the case is not a bit affected other than forenscis being done later.
He has a loser and will lose. That's my prediction.

At least on the plus side OSCD did tell TRUTH--they didnt cover it up unlike some.......(I'm sick over this --- can't stand the defense--) still don't think it overrides what they find....jb been sitting on someone who doesn't understand the truth...

I will suspend my opinion until I hear more about what happened in regards to the three calls in August. It may turn out that LE did follow up.
I see nothing wrong with checking into the meter reader just to make sure he had no ties to KC or the A's (which I am sure they will find he didn't). It is also not difficult for me to believe that a man who works in that area, came across something suspicious, whether it be a smell or a sixth sense feeling or a bag and was persistant about it, I can see myself doing exactly the same thing if I were him.
This doesn't negate all the facts that point to KC's guilt. I just want to know that there isn't an accomplice(whether that be the A's or someone else). I think it is remarkable that considering how large this case became, the amount of players involved and scrutany it's been under that this is really the first we've heard of a POSSIBLE blunder on the part of LE. I mean come on, look at all the mis-steps JB has taken. As far as blunders go, I'd tell JB people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. MOO

I wouldnt even consider him low class.....he doesn't give a damn about Caylee or even CA for that matter. All he cares about is "this is his big case that will make him famous".
The way he's acting it just makes him look lower then low.

I wouldnt even consider him low class.....he doesn't give a damn about Caylee or even CA for that matter. All he cares about is "this is his big case that will make him famous".

ITA. Has any member of the family or JB said anything to the affect of:

" We no longer have to worry about drug dealers or child molesters abusing this little girl every day" or "This was not the outcome we wanted but it is better than not knowing" or anything like this? No reaction from this family has been appropriate if they thought KC was innocent.

I just keep reminding myself that the discovery of any remains at all, after all this time, in the Florida heat and rains, with all the possible predators, and all the available bodies of water, is a miracle that the defense has hated every second of. Notice the past week of tantrumish behavior. Of course they will latch onto this and go totally over the top with accusations that don't involve Casey. It won't change the evidence that I strongly hope LE is gathering from the site. Maybe it will turn out that some deputy dropped the ball on some APPARENTLY simple task delegated to him or her. Every investigation is done by humans subject to human error. I'm going to wait for all the facts. As to suspecting the meter reader, I don't. Maybe I've been changed by time spent on WS since the case started, but he just seems to have been unwilling to let it go, or wondered if his prior discovery was really nothing. Poor guy. That's what he gets for sleuthing.

I will suspend my opinion until I hear more about what happened in regards to the three calls in August. It may turn out that LE did follow up.
I see nothing wrong with checking into the meter reader just to make sure he had no ties to KC or the A's (which I am sure they will find he didn't). It is also not difficult for me to believe that a man who works in that area, came across something suspicious, whether it be a smell or a sixth sense feeling or a bag and was persistant about it, I can see myself doing exactly the same thing if I were him.
This doesn't negate all the facts that point to KC's guilt. I just want to know that there isn't an accomplice(whether that be the A's or someone else). I think it is remarkable that considering how large this case became, the amount of players involved and scrutany it's been under that this is really the first we've heard of a POSSIBLE blunder on the part of LE. I mean come on, look at all the mis-steps JB has taken. As far as blunders go, I'd tell JB people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. MOO

That is right on point--and we remember there are many other cases and repsonses they have to make for other crimes, there were many square miles of area to search for Caylee and the department only has so many officers.

I suspect that after receiving over 5000 tips from folks (some wanting the $50,000 LP offered up) I bet the meter reader wasn't the first person to call LE continously with tips.

I suspect that after receiving over 5000 tips from folks (some wanting the $50,000 LP offered up) I bet the meter reader wasn't the first person to call LE continously with tips.

Which brings up another important point that I don't know has been discussed. There was a reward from I think it was CrimeLine, but you had to call them first and their statement was that this guy called 911 first and therefore, was not eligible for their reward. BUT I heard yesterday that one of his calls in August WAS to Crimeline. I wonder if that will change his reward status.

keep in mind that GR thinks jb is a wonderful atty....

I think that most intelligent Fox viewers think GR has some entertainment value, but probably (like me) roll their eyes at most of what he has to say!

I think that most intelligent Fox viewers think GR has some entertainment value, but probably (like me) roll their eyes at most of what he has to say!

As a viewer, I would rather see him being tossed around by winds of a Hurricane...but that is just my opinion!

thanks for heads up, won't watch any of the kc team............just Caylee team!!!

I just keep reminding myself that the discovery of any remains at all, after all this time, in the Florida heat and rains, with all the possible predators, and all the available bodies of water, is a miracle that the defense has hated every second of. Notice the past week of tantrumish behavior. Of course they will latch onto this and go totally over the top with accusations that don't involve Casey. It won't change the evidence that I strongly hope LE is gathering from the site. Maybe it will turn out that some deputy dropped the ball on some APPARENTLY simple task delegated to him or her. Every investigation is done by humans subject to human error. I'm going to wait for all the facts. As to suspecting the meter reader, I don't. Maybe I've been changed by time spent on WS since the case started, but he just seems to have been unwilling to let it go, or wondered if his prior discovery was really nothing. Poor guy. That's what he gets for sleuthing.

great post...my sentiments....I think anyone whose name gets brought into this case is trashed.....everyone under the bus.....
hindsight is 20/20---defense is doing their job--however, they need to remember they also had acess to these "tips" as well and waited and waited...they did nothing about them...except moan and whine ---- I wonder if it was on the tip disc that jb wouldn't pay for??????

usually police, fbi etc dont like to talk about it when they screw up, yeah somebody
screed up and didnt do a thorough job but guess what you why there releasing it?
to tell the defense yeah your accuseing us of lying, taking to much time, and we screwed up once already 4 mths ago, oviously they the police think meter man is credible, or they wouldnt be admitting this mishap, its really going to come out in court
that that body was there for a long time, if the men smelled death then from june 16th
to august 11 that body was probably sitting there rotting. if casey was picked up on july 16th then that only gave her 1 month from june 16 to july 16 to put it somewhere
more than likely the day george got the gas cans from the trunk, nwas to close for comfort for her and she dumped it after she left george

great post...my sentiments....I think anyone whose name gets brought into this case is trashed.....everyone under the bus.....
hindsight is 20/20---defense is doing their job--however, they need to remember they also had acess to these "tips" as well and waited and waited...they did nothing about them...except moan and whine ---- I wonder if it was on the tip disc that jb wouldn't pay for??????

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

The meter reader should get a reward and KC should spend the rest of her life in prison for dumping Caylee like she was a bag of garbage! :mad:

Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

The meter reader should get a reward and KC should spend the rest of her life in prison for dumping Caylee like she was a bag of garbage! :mad:

I just wish that jb would focus on the "truth"--at least with this major screw up someone can tell the truth even if it isn't pretty.....

I do think if meter man checks out that he should get something...he tried--but

mistakes happen---but still you can't get beyond the truth...Caylee is dead and the one that did it is in jail----she knew---I just hope her little finger prints are all over that duct tape...that Caylee will be the one to put her under the bus----

He even has a tv still shot related to this case on his site!
He is using this case to make a name for himself... or so he believes. And that's his only care!

http://www.baezlawfirm.com/

My opinion.

It is amazing to me that someone can slaughter a defenseless child, but JB thinks the bad guys are LE because they didn't find the remains fast enough. If his client had not have killed her baby girl, LE would not have had to even search! I know defense attn. have a job to do and I have watched many do it well even when their client is guilty, but JB is in a class by himself... a low class.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
:woohoo::woohoo:

i cant believe jose thinks this meter man is a suspect
nobody who dumps her body in the woods is then going to place 4 calls to the tip
line . and stay and meet police afterwards
im sure all this week that meter man has had to go through fbi polygraphs, testing voice stress testing and he must have passed with flying colors or police wouldnt say he was credible

Exactly. They were bombarded with calls! And the majority were crazies.
What an exhausting and tough job these people (LE) face. God bless all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrinalyyn