Josh Powell Detained While Investigators Search Home

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'll bet Daddy Powell needed a new pair of panties by the time he got home - caused he probably pooped in his when he heard they were searching his home.

ETA: I'll also bet Joshy gets a spanking for leaving the house while they were conducting the search.

OMG, here I check in and see the search but this post made me lol. You don't know how bad I need a laugh or 2 with what is going on in my life.

I bet daddypowell is huffin and a puffin. And of course, he was on the phone with family members. These people are all about family dontchaknow.

Lindsey Baum is only an hour away.... she is the first one I thought of, but there is more.

A little farfetched, but you never know.

Nancy Moyer. She worked for the WA Dept. of Ecology in Oly. Any interaction in Corrections and Ecology?

Does anyone understand the family dynamics of the daughters of SP? If I understand correctly, one daughter is supporting the Cox family, and the other lives with him and supports her father's version of events? Is that correct?

I could imagine he is capable of kidnapping a random woman. But I have a stronger hunch that he may have acted out sexually within his family circle. I mean, seriously, who publicly discusses their 'sexual relationship/attraction' with their daughter-in-law ?

I know this may be way off base, but it's weird the way SP is saying Susan was always coming onto him, was sexual with him. He says this over and over lately.

Could he be laying the groundwork for his DNA being found on Susan if her body is ever found? If she is dead, he knows she will never be able to refute his BS stories of how the two of them dallied around.

Good point!

I'm getting more suspicious of SP.
Where was SP?
Did he drive down and get Susan?
SP had an obsesion of her.
A fight? What was the wet spot on the carpet?
Why was she so sleepy?
Did JP allow SP certain privleges?
Dope Susan up and let SP have his fantasy?
I always thought JP did something but now I'm thinking SP was
the mastermind.
JP is a puppet that will do anything for SP..........JMOO

Does anyone understand the family dynamics of the daughters of SP? If I understand correctly, one daughter is supporting the Cox family, and the other lives with him and supports her father's version of events? Is that correct?

Yes that is correct.

I wonder if they could name SP as a second POI. I'm thinking that would bring things to a head pretty quickly. I can totally see him turning on his son to save his own sorry a$$.

He is controlling and narcissictic enough that I think he thinks he has to manage this for JP. And more than that, I wonder if he isn't offering himself up as reasonable doubt. No one can convict JP if there is a possibilty that SP did it independently. So he offers up his obsession as proof of what a 'stud' he is and shifts some of the focus to himself. He probably does have an alibi (but I don't know if his other two kids would be much of an alibi.) Still I wonder if they have thought of the fact that LE may try to prove a conspiracy between JP and SP?

The only thing worse than no suspects or evidence in a case is too many suspects and too much evidence that points different ways.

what exactly does detained mean legally?
no arrests........
I'm confused, TIA

Three computers and four boxes of material had been removed from the home by detectives as of 5:15 p.m.

Crime scene tape surrounds the home,
and a large police forensics van is parked out front of the house.

***Warning, gag alert ahead.****

"Susan was very sexual with me. She was very flirtatious. I mean, I'm her father-in-law, and she would do a lot of things that, um, she did it. ... We interacted in a lot of sexual ways because Susan enjoys doing that."

Asked if he was in love with Susan, Steve Powell said, "That's pretty likely, yeah, I think so, and there's no question in my mind that the feelings were mutual." :eek:

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/128419138.html

How could you sit there and listen to your father say he was in love with your wife... and not want to hit him?

Wow.

On levi's show-rumor's of Josh purchasing shrink wrap before Susan disappeared.

if she was wrapped in shrink wrap would explain absense of blood in vehicle. also make easier to shoot her body down a mine shaft (sorry, I hate typing this stuff)

http://www.knrs.com/pages/rod.html?article=9025399

Listen closely to SP near the end of this interview. He talks about the time LE questioned Josh 2 days after Susan disappeared. He says that the police lied to Josh, telling him that " Josh said that Susan was with them on the camping trip" then he says that LE must have manipulated the little boys into saying that. I assume he meant that one of the boys supposedly said that to LE.

Is one of the boys named after Josh? Did SP just get the names mixed up?

I wonder if Susan was forced to go on the trip while she was still alive, or did the boys think she was sleeping?

ETA: I listened again. At about 9 min in to the interview he said it was C------ who supposedly said that Susan went on the camping trip with them. He said the child's name, but I only put the first letter because of TOS.

I've heard or seen SP say he would release Susan's journals, then he didn't mess with Susan and her friends were lying, then to her jounals where she was suicidal, sexual etc..to todays interview where he is swooning over his "sexual" whatever with Susan, to this radio show of basically she was after me and of course I'm such a man I'm not going to stop it. Wow. Says a lot about the family dynamics and they are running scared. yuk & good to the running scared part.

In WA it is about 7pm? How long have LE been at house?
Are they still there? Where is the family?

I've heard or seen SP say he would release Susan's journals, then he didn't mess with Susan and her friends were lying, then to her jounals where she was suicidal, sexual etc..to todays interview where he is swooning over his "sexual" whatever with Susan, to this radio show of basically she was after me and of course I'm such a man I'm not going to stop it. Wow. Says a lot about the family dynamics and they are running scared. yuk & good to the running scared part.

It's certainly evolving isn't it.

Tricia is making awesome points on the Levi show.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...Cox-Powell-families-takes-national-stage.html
[snip]
“She was very flirtatious and very sexual with people," he said. "Frankly, sometimes I wish we had done a little more than we did."

......................I was looking for this quote for someone who asked about it, and sorry it took me so long to find it (watching too many stations, and reading too many news sources) and couldn't remember where it came from. BBM

Listen closely to SP near the end of this interview. He talks about the time LE questioned Josh 2 days after Susan disappeared. He says that the police lied to Josh, telling him that " Josh said that Susan was with them on the camping trip" then he says that LE must have manipulated the little boys into saying that. I assume he meant that one of the boys supposedly said that to LE.

I wonder if Susan was forced to go on the trip while she was still alive, or did the boys think she was sleeping?

I don't believe either son has Josh's name unless a middle name. But don't take my word for it.

I think Susan was dead at home when Josh packed the boys up to leave. I also think he took Susan with him and the boys thought she was asleep when they got in the car. Then they wake up and daddy tells them she went into the mine to find crystals possibly. Poor boys.

hmmmm, or a slip up?

I could imagine he is capable of kidnapping a random woman. But I have a stronger hunch that he may have acted out sexually within his family circle. I mean, seriously, who publicly discusses their 'sexual relationship/attraction' with their daughter-in-law ?

My point exactly. How does he, Josh or anyone for that matter, benefit from that kind of disclosure? I don't it for a minute and to me this proves he is lying when he says he thinks Susan ran away. He knows she is dead and as I said, can't refute the CARP he is spouting.

There is a method to his madness and I hope LE knows far more than we do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llamb79
Back