Josh Powell Detained While Investigators Search Home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What could they have found or have learned that made it so they could get the computers put on the search warrant?

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
Police again say the search was successful. They say they got what they were looking for. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

robertmaxwell4 Robert Maxwell
Lt. Bill Merritt WVC Police: "We accomplished what we came out here to do." in WA warrant search of Powell home. #ABC4 #findsusan
4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
WVC PD speaking LIVE to @fox13now on the search of Josh Powell's Puyallup, WA home! fox13now.com/live! #findsusan #Utah

http://twitter.com/#!/BenWinslow

I like that.

I edited my earlier post after listening to the radio interview again.

SP said that one of the boys, C------, (not Josh), told LE that his mommy went on the camping trip.

It's about 9 min in to the interview.

http://www.knrs.com/pages/rod.html?article=9025399

Thinking about it again reminds me of the reports that one of the boys said Mommy was looking for crystals in a cave. IIRC.
If so, then Susan HAD to be with them on the trip, dead or alive. The way SP is going off now, it makes me wonder if she might have been injured but alive and or drugged, tied up in the trunk or rear area. And then the call to SP to save the day for Joshie.

What could they have found or have learned that made it so they could get the computers put on the search warrant?

Steve said he was transcribing her journals and was going to put them online. He needed a computer for that. Plus everything else they can find!!! Computers relate to his intentions of publishing the journals online.

great.gif

I think that once SP stupidly announced that he had 'evidence' that Susan left on her own, and he was going to post that so called 'evidence' publicly, THAT RIGHT THERE gave LE the right to get a warrant and seize any 'evidence' being withheld. imoo

ETA: If I as a citizen, went on national airwaves and announced that I had the private diaries of a missing person, who is presumed dead, and I was going to put them on a public website, BECAUSE THEY PROVED SOMETHING IMPORTANT ABOUT THE CASE, then I better expect that LE is going to comer knocking to retrieve said diaries, AND my computers, as well.

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
Police again say the search was successful. They say they got what they were looking for. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah
3 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

robertmaxwell4 Robert Maxwell
Lt. Bill Merritt WVC Police: "We accomplished what we came out here to do." in WA warrant search of Powell home. #ABC4 #findsusan
4 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply »

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
WVC PD speaking LIVE to @fox13now on the search of Josh Powell's Puyallup, WA home! fox13now.com/live! #findsusan #Utah

I like that.

Oh I do too!:rocker:

Just a thought...

Copyright violation can be charged as a federal crime or as a civil action by the Justice Department (in fact, it's one of the few areas of the law left that is exclusive federal jurisdiction). If the feds agreed that publishing her journals would constitute a copyright violation (which I think it would, until she is declared dead), they could easily get warrants and raid a house to confiscate the copyrighted material. That would give them a good reason to take the computers...and what they might find on them, well, who can say?

I don't believe they found anything in Ely. I do think The Powell Boys are about to crack, though...

I call this a rumor alert.

BenWinslow Ben Winslow
Sources tell @fox13now WVC police may have been specifically searching for Susan's undergarments. They won't comment. #findsusan

But it appears the friend of SP's got noticed big time. And so did the examiner article possibly if true... Way to go.

Thinking about it again reminds me of the reports that one of the boys said Mommy was looking for crystals in a cave. IIRC.
If so, then Susan HAD to be with them on the trip, dead or alive. The way SP is going off now, it makes me wonder if she might have been injured but alive and or drugged, tied up in the trunk or rear area. And then the call to SP to save the day for Joshie.

bbm

I beleive she was in the van. Dead or alive, I don't know, but by morning she had passed. Now I feel we have two POI, in this case. jmo

I noticed Steve did not bring up the undergarments as something they might be looking for in the search warrant.

I don't know if this has been posted or not, but I am watching my dvr of Dr. Drew from tonight and a promo for tomorrow says they will be covering Susan's case tomorrow night.

"Mother of two Susan Powell has been missing for over a year. Her husband says whats in her diary proves shes not missing. Her dad talks to us. HLN tomorrow night 9 eastern." <----- That is my transcription of the promo segment.

I believe that Dr Drew's producers were researching their Casey Anthony shows by reading here. I really hope they research Susan's case here too. I would love to see someone as intelligent and insightful as Dr. D weigh in on it.
:seeya::seeya::seeya:

Oh chit. Bad memories of Casey's sentencing are arising. It is reasonable doubt they might have thrown out. Is Josh a poor child who was molested as a child and his perverted dad may have done it...I'm going to be cautious about what the P's are throwing out...I need to rewatch SP's video's again...not tonight as it's was very hard to watch the first time.

I suspect that the reason Josh hightailed it out of there while the search was still on is that SP probably told him to take the kids and go, so the kids wouldn't start talking to the cops.

I wonder where he is right now? Will he stay gone until all of the cops leave the house? Are the cops still there?

I don't think he has close friends to stay with. It seems like he and his siblings are all stuck like glue to SP instead of having real lives of their own.

Not many kid-friendly places to hang out late at night with two very young children.

Maybe someone should drive past the local McDonald's and see if he's there!

I am really worried about those kids! Josh's safety net is wearing thin, and he has a lunatic of a father giving him advice!

The last I knew Josh, a brother and a sister and Papa and Josh's 2 kids were all living in the home. Is that right? Has anyone heard anything about the brother?

I suspect that the reason Josh hightailed it out of there while the search was still on is that SP probably told him to take the kids and go, so the kids wouldn't start talking to the cops.

I wonder where he is right now? Will he stay gone until all of the cops leave the house? Are the cops still there?

I don't think he has close friends to stay with. It seems like he and his siblings are all stuck like glue to SP instead of having real lives of their own.

Not many kid-friendly places to hang out late at night with two very young children.

Maybe someone should drive past the local McDonald's and see if he's there!

I am really worried about those kids! Josh's safety net is wearing thin, and he has a lunatic of a father giving him advice!

From what I read earlier, upthread, the cops did get there BEFORE Josh did. And the cops did talk to the boys, outside while they all ate pizza. And SP and JP were briefly 'detained' at the time. Am I correct?

Ugh, can they arrest the father for just being a creep?

SP was out of town working, but he was on the phone with his family at the house.

JP was there, kids did eat pizza in the backyard, but the helicopter view I saw looked like there were a few family members, Josh, and a couple of LE milling around the backyard while the kids ate and played. I don't think they questioned the kids, LE was trying to keep everything calm so as not to upset the kids.

About 40 min after it all started, Josh drove off with the boys. It looked like they just let him go.

would a search warrant allow the police to plant bugs in the house?

Sparks are beginning to fly...forward momentum after a 2 year lull.. YEAH!! They are going after JP hard. I believe they have him deadlocked into their sights and he will be arrested in the next few weeks. LE won't let this sleeping dog lie for another year or two. I get the feeling they are getting ready to pounce! Hope! Hope! Hope! They will get em'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artem1
Back