Josh Powell Detained While Investigators Search Home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
KIRO helicopter reporter says there are more vehicles there now than an hour ago when the search warrant was issued.

That is good news. I remember so many disappointments from a few not so distant cases, watching and following as the searches happened. Those were HUGE disappointments. After the last week of interviews I think maybe they are just sick enough to keep some kind of "trophy" of Susan.

wonder if they had a phone tap, now a GPS in van, maybe since the article came out about Josh Dad and Susan that JP met with FBI with attorney and struck a deal, JP turned on his dad? I know wishful thinking.

That's the first I've heard. I assumed "Julia" was a friend of Susan's.

When I first started reading the article, I assumed it might be Kiirsi. But Kiirsi is then quoted later in the article; and Kiirsi certainly hasn't been afraid about going on the record. I admire her. I really don't think she is lying when she says she hates being in front of the cameras. Yet she keeps doing it and doing it - as much as anyone would let her, for twenty months. I think Susan is looking down on her with pride and gratitude.

For about a decade Steve Powell told Julia that he had been in love with and obsessed with Susan.

“Susan was the focal point of the songs he wrote
and that are posted on the Steve Chantrey website. Those are but a few of the many more songs written about Susan,” Julia said.

“He is pining for a love he never could have,”
she said.

“Steve was very proud of his stash of *advertiser censored* magazines he kept in a locked cabinet in his bedroom. He showed them to me when he lived at his previous Puyallup home,” Julia said.

Last fall Julia said Steve boasted that he still had the pair of Susan’s very sacred Mormon Temple Garment underwear that he stole from the dirty laundry when she and Josh lived at his house at the beginning of their marriage.

“Not only did he stash her underwear in his locked bedroom cabinet, he said he stashed her pictures, journals, and *advertiser censored* in there too,”
Julia said.

“In fact,” she said, “when police went to search his house last fall they missed it – Steve told me they never even looked in his locked cabinet so he still has her private belongings, including her underwear.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...ox-powell-feared-her-father-law#ixzz1W5XuL7EG

I can see how that article might trigger them to return to search again. They would know who the source was and how credible it was.
To have Steve say they missed it? That's just like begging for them to come back and search.

Our FOX13 isn't very.... thorough... with their reporting. lol I rarely watch them. I don't know how accurate they are regarding this.

Wouldn't it be great tho if someone like this has come forward and that's where the "credible tips" are coming from?

That is good news. I remember so many disappointments from a few not so distant cases, watching and following as the searches happened. Those were HUGE disappointments. After the last week of interviews I think maybe they are just sick enough to keep some kind of "trophy" of Susan.

It sure is! He said he was there, left, and came back (probably the one I heard overhead) and now it's more of a circus... more vehicles now.

Now I am really wondering when these undergarments were stolen? Where they ever stolen before Susan went missing?

Now I am really wondering when these undergarments were stolen? Where they ever stolen before Susan went missing?

When they lived with SP before they moved into their own apartment, was what I understood.

ETA: But now I'm wondering, too.

Okay, I just realized that the songs were the father's; before I thought Josh had written them and was seriously creeped out but now...OMG...too sick...

On Utah newstations, they are saying that Steven Powell is really angry. They said that he was not at home when the warrant was served and he is out of state. They said that the police were preparing the warrants for more than a week (so it has nothing to do with the media interviews Josh and Steven did today). I wonder if the police knew that Steven was not going to be at home when they did serve the warrants.

I am sure he is furious that he can't control things, and little Josh doesn't know what to do without his daddy.

When they lived with SP before they moved into their own apartment, was what I understood.

ETA: But now I'm wondering, too.

It would really be something if the big break in the case was the size of a pair of undergarments.

Kiirs Kiirsi Hellewell
Just finished taping for Fox in NYC. Can't believe the craziness happening in WA right now!

http://twitter.com/#!/Kiirs

aww daddy wasn't there when the warrants were served...

On Utah newstations, they are saying that Steven Powell is really angry. They said that he was not at home when the warrant was served and he is out of state. They said that the police were preparing the warrants for more than a week (so it has nothing to do with the media interviews Josh and Steven did today). I wonder if the police knew that Steven was not going to be at home when they did serve the warrants.

I am sure he is furious that he can't control things, and little Josh doesn't know what to do without his daddy.

Forgot to hide something before he left home huh?

Another thing that the guy on Fox13 just said is that "Julia" from the article is a long-time girlfriend of Steve Powell. Did I just miss that part, or is that new? I've been skimming through articles and interviews, and I sort of assumed she was a relative.

why would she be a long-time girlfriend of Steven's when she knows how creepy he is?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back