Josh Powell Detained While Investigators Search Home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BenWinslow Ben Winslow

This restraining order is following the same formula as the last one keeping Chuck Cox away from Josh Powell. @fox13now #findsusan #Utah

OMG, they are showing another interview with SP. What a sick SOB! He is unbelievable.

They do prioritize... but they generally have a 6-9 month backup for the computer forensics. Even with prioritizing... Susan's case isn't going to be number 1. So I would still think we would be looking at weeks or months.
[/B]

With all the computer engineers out of work in this country, it's too bad they can't hire a bunch of them -- even temporarily -- to handle this backlog instead of letting murderers enjoy months of freedom before they can get to their evidence.

Lots of info in this article - two pages

Father-in-law admits 'obsession' with Susan as diaries seized
Published 02:09 p.m., Friday, August 26, 2011

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/local/komo...ssion-with-Susan-as-2143085.php#ixzz1WB0TC427

As detectives seized computers, videos and diaries from the home of missing mom Susan Powell's husband, her father-in-law admitted he had a "romantic obsession" with Susan and wrote love songs about her before she vanished.

The father-in-law, Steven Powell, also said their relationship was "very sexually charged" and "inappropriate."

"There were definitely some things that were probably inappropriate for a married woman and her father-in-law. I acknowledge that," he said.

Steven Powell also admitted that Susan became upset when his advances toward her became increasingly overt. "When I took liberties or whatever, she became very upset and accused me of hitting on her," he said.

But police officials said Friday morning that the father-in-law, Steven Powell, had been ruled out as a person of interest in the case - despite his salacious admissions about his daughter-in-law.

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/komo...ssion-with-Susan-as-2143085.php#ixzz1WB0K1D8S

BBM. Took liberties?

Me >>>
dude1.jpg

BeanE,
The part you bolded jumped out at me too. When I was young and waiting tables one of my co-worker's husband tried to take liberties and I shut him down fast in public, loudly!
He was old enough to be my father and a married man to boot. Ugh makes my skin crawl. I can't even imagine how Susan must have felt living with that creep and having to deal with the creep being her husbands father. I won't say he was her father-in-law. That is too cherished of a title for the @#%^%^!!!

The more they talk... the more I think going north might be what he did. I really didn't want to believe anyone else was involved...

I have thought it's possible she was in Washington, that he moved her when he moved up there. To maintain control over her.

It'd explain his lack of concern with them finding her... if like Scott Peterson... he can see where she is.

Now... I'm wondering if I was thinking the wrong Powell as far as who wanted to maintain control over her. :sick:

We live in Utah.
I was born here and have always lived here.
I learned to drive in the snow and rode snowmobiles before I could walk.
I've seen a lot of storms. Intentionally left to drive in them. This was an ugly storm.

I was in West Valley from 6pm to 1am... and I was trying to wait for the snow to stop before driving home.
I eventually just left and drove home in it. You couldn't see the lines on I-215 East or I-15 South. I had to take both, basically into the storm.

Even my Dad was nervous about the weather that night and he is the type to downplay everything... He and my brother were both driving in it and it freaked both of them out. "You remember that really bad storm..." Is how they remember the night Susan disappeared.

IF I had seen Josh driving (oh I wish I had) I would have thought "he is NUTS, what is he doing out here? I wonder what is so important that he has to be driving right now?" I would have noticed him because he wasn't in a 4 wheel drive vehicle. I would have remembered it later.

I know at some point I went through and looked and I-80 was actually closed around that time... maybe it was at Laramie?
I-80 would have been out of the question. East because it's Parley's Canyon and West because of the wind.
I know Parley's was ugly... because we didn't even consider going to the cabin but I don't remember if it was actually closed.

About the only thing that would have been "safe" would have been I-15. So... maybe he did go North.

I really remember that storm -- there were a lot of car accidents, people driving off the road etc. I think there was white out conditions. That's why when I heard the lame story about taking the children camping so they could eat s'mores - it really just bothered me a lot.

Seems like he must have been really motivated to go somewhere to be traveling in that storm. Most people would have been content to make s'mores or hot chocolate in their kitchen and watch the storm from their windows inside their warm homes.

Yet Josh states he took the boys out twice - from 6:30 to 8:30 pm to go sledding and at midnight to go camping.

I really remember that storm -- there were a lot of car accidents, people driving off the road etc. I think there was white out conditions. That's why when I heard the lame story about taking the children camping so they could eat s'mores - it really just bothered me a lot.

Seems like he must have been really motivated to go somewhere to be traveling in that storm. Most people would have been content to make s'mores or hot chocolate in their kitchen and watch the storm from their windows inside their warm homes.

Yet Josh states he took the boys out twice - from 6:30 to 8:30 pm to go sledding and at midnight to go camping.

That evening and weekend was a very stormy time. I have look at weather info as well and for some reason it is not showing up. Although for us that live here in the valley we know we have very strange weather patterns. There have been days I can drive around in Midvale where the weather isn't to bad and go to my house up near Mount Olympus (East Bench) a half hour later and need my 4x4 to get up the road.

court order issued today:
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/128492198.html
It also orders the husband and father-in-law to "immediately remove" Susan's journal entries from their website, SusanPowell.org, and from any other public forum where the entries are posted. They also are prohibited from giving copies of the journal to the press.

The temporary restraining order was requested by Susan's father and mother, Chuck and Judy Cox, through their attorney, Anne M. Bremner, and was granted Friday.

The address is 94th Ave Ct E not 101st.

18615 94th Ave Ct E Puyallup, WA 98375 is the address.

The SP house is probably 2600-2900 square feet. The homes in that are not the highest quality in the area and tend to be cookie cutters.

Is Washington having a drought? I was surprised to see the dead grass in his yard (from the video during the search). I thought with all the rain in Washington - the grass would be green pretty effortless.

Is Washington having a drought? I was surprised to see the dead grass in his yard (from the video during the search). I thought with all the rain in Washington - the grass would be green pretty effortless.

It is not the rainy season. Our grass is burned up too because I don't keep up with watering it. We have had several 80 degree days the past week and the sun has been out pretty much all month.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie
Back