Josh Powell Detained While Investigators Search Home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/128492198.html

[snip]

The temporary restraining order, issued in Pierce County Superior Court, orders the husband, Josh Powell, and his father, Steven Powell, to "immediately cease" publication of entries from Susan's private journal.

It also orders the husband and father-in-law to "immediately remove" Susan's journal entries from their website, SusanPowell.org, and from any other public forum where the entries are posted. They also are prohibited from giving copies of the journal to the press.

.......................... the website still has the friend's entry into Susan's journal, whether written directly by Susan herself, or a friend--it is still Susan's journal. Has the friend given permission for her comments to be publicized?

That could very well be. I wouldn't doubt it a bit if he called SP for help. When did SP name his CD 'Light of Seattle'? Dang..what if her body was disposed of here in my city. Any possible clues in the lyrics? I haven't read them very much.
ETA: Probably a stretch of my imagination..but these two are definitely very strange.

The copyright shows 2005.

The lyrics of the Mystery of What you Mean to Me are a little weird

Further upthread somewhere, pretty far back, some one posted that LE did not even know that he had rented a car until the neighbor went and told them.
Apparently, after LE impounded his vehicle, he asked the neighbor for a ride to the airport to the rental agency. IIRC, it was not until later when the cops interviewed the neighbor that they found out about the rent-a -car. By then it had been throughly cleaned. All they got was the mileage records, no GPS in the car.

Also, according to reports posted above, LE originally entered the home checking on the well being of the FAMILY. Both parents missed work and the kids missed school. Someone called for a wellness check, and the cops saw no tracks going in and out, and they worried that they may have succumbed to faulty gas leak or something. So they broke in to find the two fans on the damp rug stain.

I am not sure what happened next. Did JP arrive back home with the boys amidst that?

So anyway it took awhile for LE to get up to speed and realize that mom was actually missing. They do a wellness check, and then eventually find 3 of the family, HAPPILY returning from a family camping trip, just as surprised as they are that mom was not home.

IMHO, IF and WHEN LE is able to prosecute someone for this crime, I think we'll most likely find that LE actually suspected foul play, IMMEDIATELY upon speaking to the husband.

I recall in the Peterson case, we made guesses on how quickly LE suspected foul play. We tried to base it on what WE knew occurred when LE arrived at the scene the first night. But we were all blown away out how QUICKLY LE did actually suspect SP of the crime. Almost from the minute the first responders arrived. They IMMEDIATELY called in detectives, when we thought it was two hours. Usually in such cases they wait 72 hours, SOP.

JP was tooooo spooked from the get go! imho.....he couldn't even answer the basic questions from reporters from day 1. He mumbled and stumbled and himm'd and haw'd and said 'I have to go take care of my boys,' and he'd run away from the cameras.

Nope, LE knew when JP opened his mouth, they had MORE than a person walking away from their life.:(

JMHO
fran

See Josh, this is how it works. Good thing you are such a scaredy-cat. :bang: You THINK you're a good actor, fake tears and all, but you're actually transparent. Your bad! :slap:

So he starts cooking before noon, finishes at 4 pm, and all he made was scrambled eggs w/onions and pancakes? For 5 hours ? He could have ground the flour and laid the eggs himself with that much time. It's funny because scrambled eggs and pancakes is what you make when you have very little time, not when you have all day to cook. imoo

Also, the individual servings are a big red flag. I only do that when I have different 'versions' of the food for each person.

I also thought it was weird that Jovanna said that he cleaned everything up. She thought it took Josh a long time because he wasn't that familiar with cooking. I'm just saying if a man who doesn't frequently cook, decides to be nice on one occasion, probably isn't going to be cleaning up the kitchen. How many women are treated with a breakfast in bed for Mother's Day only to discover the disaster awaiting them in the kitchen later?

If he was emptying out gel caps of sleeping pills or something into her food, he may want to ensure that any garbage is quickly disposed of as well. Personally I never heard of pancakes and cream cheese together (is that common?) and the eggs with green peppers and onions sounds a little spicy for the 2 year old. Could the cream cheese or the oinion and green peppers be used to mask the taste of an added unexpected ingredient?

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/128492198.html

[snip]

The temporary restraining order, issued in Pierce County Superior Court, orders the husband, Josh Powell, and his father, Steven Powell, to "immediately cease" publication of entries from Susan's private journal.

It also orders the husband and father-in-law to "immediately remove" Susan's journal entries from their website, SusanPowell.org, and from any other public forum where the entries are posted. They also are prohibited from giving copies of the journal to the press.

.......................... the website still has the friend's entry into Susan's journal, whether written directly by Susan herself, or a friend--it is still Susan's journal. Has the friend given permission for her comments to be publicized?

sundee!

:gthanks: sooo much for the wonderful link!

Did you see this Steve and Josh. Even the experts are {SHOCKED!} :eek: by your public accusations and have NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT!

OH, have you made fools of yourselves! :panic:

Maybe YOU BOTH should contact a criminal defense attorney. Oh, and you can pay for it too. I doubt the FBI will be footing the bill for that.:slap:

Rather than the search in Ely vindicating you Josh, it did serve a purpose. You and your dad showed what snakes you are.:bang:

Hows that working out for you?

just wonderin'
fran

NOW, WHERE IS SUSAN? :mad:

http://connect2utah.com/news-story/?nxd_id=161777 “Steve Powell: Who Is This Guy?”
[snip]
When a reporter asked Steve Powell how his statements help the investigation, he replied, "It helps by being honest."

......Steve is getting some attention now, maybe it will help with his music career?

Sorry to disappoint old Steve, but the only way he could get people to stay on his music site for his music, is if they're playing his songs with their speakers off!

:rolleyes: sorry old guy, your music just ain't gonna cut it!

You loose!
JMHO
fran

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...did-not-have-sexual-contact-with-steve-powell

[snip]

Hellewell also claimed that a few years after the move he sent Susan a packet of photos of her favorite actor and as she flipped through them, she discovered additional pictures of nude men.

.................would this be random nude men, or nude photos of Steven? Are these the embarassing photos that he wishes the police didn't have?

I hope that LE has found something in this search that would allow them to find this home unfit for the boys. Hopefully, they can then be removed to live with Cox family.

That journal entry that was published on the Powell's website was weird. Who is this Brittany? Why hasn't she spoken up?

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington...powell-flitatious-relationship-128459213.html
[snip]

"There were a lot of photographs and a lot of videos that I took of Susan. I believe they took all of them," he added. "I got home pretty late last night and I haven't really been able to take inventory, but I'm pretty sure they have those. Those will also show that Susan was a very much willing participant in our relationship."

......Steven Powell speaking. He sure seems to like the attention he's getting.

http://www.nwcn.com/news/washington...powell-flitatious-relationship-128459213.html
[snip]

"There were a lot of photographs and a lot of videos that I took of Susan. I believe they took all of them," he added. "I got home pretty late last night and I haven't really been able to take inventory, but I'm pretty sure they have those. Those will also show that Susan was a very much willing participant in our relationship."

In this article:

Investigators declined to discuss what pieces of evidence they gathered.

“What we have here today will help us draw closer to a conclusion,” Merritt said. “Whether it’s the conclusion that everybody wants and hopes for, we don’t know. It may be a conclusion that nobody wants to admit could happen.”

Huh????? What does this mean?

OK, good points, well taken.

So...why did it take them over a year and a half to search the Powell "compound" in WA? And what the hell were they doing in Ely?

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/...Washington-home-of-Susan-Powells-husband.html

[snip]

Merritt confirmed he and his team were looking for specific items, but would not elaborate.
In order to serve a search warrant, he said, "We have to have probable cause that they (items of evidentiary value) exist and they are in the Powell home or their vehicles."

[snip] (same article)

The search warrants were not connected to last weekend's search outside of Ely.

"This has been something that has been in the works before the search in Ely took place. They are not connected," Merritt said.

[snip]

Yah, sure Steve. You are 'pretty sure' they have them. Like if they saw pictures of Susan in your possession they are NOT going to take them. Right.

As for his silly statement that these will show that she was a 'willing participant' ---I call BS. If there are any nude or semi-nude pix of her, it will be ebcause he had hidden cameras somewhere, imo.

In this article:

“What we have here today will help us draw closer to a conclusion,” Merritt said. “Whether it’s the conclusion that everybody wants and hopes for, we don’t know. It may be a conclusion that nobody wants to admit could happen.”

I think the cases of E. Smart and J. Duggard have open my mind to unexpected outcomes. I remember taking a class (goofy community classes for no real purpose) and the teacher said she was a psychic and she said that she "saw" Elizabeth being held underground near her house and she could hear people calling her name, and that she was taken for a polygamous bride. (This was within a couple of weeks of the abduction) I thought the teacher was nuts, and I stopped attending her class because of it. In my mind, up until that point - I always believed that abducted children are killed soon after they were taken. When I heard 9 months later, that she was found alive and that the things they psychic originally said was accurate - it made me realize that I don't know all the possibilities. Then, the Jaycee case happened - if 9 months seemed unlikely, what about 18 years? In between those cases, I heard about another local case (didn't make national news) but a girl who was taken to Mexico and resided there for 4 years, returned home with a child.

Strange things happen (frequently in Utah) but elsewhere too. That is why it takes an open mind in investigating things.

It's possible that Susan wasn't killed the night that she disappeared. (Not saying that she willingly ran off with a random man she just met), but we might learn more than we ever considered to be a possibility.

In this article:

I'm really not liking the feeling I'm getting from Merritt's quote. What a strange choice of words; he could have just as easily not said them. Was it a slip or an attempt to foreshadow and prepare people for an even more strange story of what happened to Susan?

Sorry to disappoint old Steve, but the only way he could get people to stay on his music site for his music, is if they're playing his songs with their speakers off!

:rolleyes: sorry old guy, your music just ain't gonna cut it!

You loose!
JMHO
fran

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I love your posts!

I'm really not liking the feeling I'm getting from Merritt's quote. What a strange choice of words; he could have just as easily not said them. Was it a slip or an attempt to foreshadow and prepare people for an even more strange story of what happened to Susan?

I don't like it either. We have pretty much all thought the worst has happened to her, I guess maybe not her family but still, how ominous can he be.

OLD link (from 2009)

http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/2009/12/stockbroker_susan_powell_still.php

[snip]

Police have confiscated a journal she kept at work detailing the threats against her. And one of her coworkers said she once found a chilling note written by Susan that described how she'd never commit suicide. She had written it, says the coworker, so that her boys would know their mom would never desert them should she ever disappear.

......................if she wanted to assure her children that she would never commit suicide or desert them - then she is likely not to have run off with a random guy and never look back. How sad is it that she had to leave information at her work to ensure that it would be safe from destruction/alteration by those who supposivedly "loved her" (that would be Josh & Steven)

I think the cases of E. Smart and J. Duggard have open my mind to unexpected outcomes. I remember taking a class (goofy community classes for no real purpose) and the teacher said she was a psychic and she said that she "saw" Elizabeth being held underground near her house and she could hear people calling her name, and that she was taken for a polygamous bride. (This was within a couple of weeks of the abduction) I thought the teacher was nuts, and I stopped attending her class because of it. In my mind, up until that point - I always believed that abducted children are killed soon after they were taken. When I heard 9 months later, that she was found alive and that the things they psychic originally said was accurate - it made me realize that I don't know all the possibilities. Then, the Jaycee case happened - if 9 months seemed unlikely, what about 18 years? In between those cases, I heard about another local case (didn't make national news) but a girl who was taken to Mexico and resided there for 4 years, returned home with a child.

Strange things happen (frequently in Utah) but elsewhere too. That is why it takes an open mind in investigating things.

It's possible that Susan wasn't killed the night that she disappeared. (Not saying that she willingly ran off with a random man she just met), but we might learn more than we ever considered to be a possibility.

I agree, it makes me think we (the public) have not even considered what really happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13
Back