Josh Powell's House in WA blows up - Thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the latest horror today and am just speechless. How one child had to watch the horror being done...waiting for his turn. What do you say to this? Blowing them up wasn't enough? What hatred he must have had for them.

It's time to take away all children who's parents may be a suspect in a disappearance - including Dale Smith and the Irwins. Until the cases are solved they shouldn't be allowed access to their children.

This is my opinion - please don't throw tomatoes.

Mel

The tone of self-pity in that phone message is unbearable. It's all about him, him, him.

The message is all about why he's committing suicide -- says nothing about the real crime, the real horror: the killing of his children. It's like the big tragedy is his suicide and the kids are just an afterthought.

I read websleuths every day and am still shocked all the time at the human depravity -- but this case is just unbelievable.

I hope the Coxes find some comfort some day, but no one should ever have to go through what they're going through.

Rest in peace, sweet little boys.

I couldn't imagine doctors doing that either before I read the depostion of a psychiatrist for the defense of Casey Anthony. Oh my GOD. They really will believe what they are told to believe and say what the defense wants them to say. Doctors really can be bought to make monsters look like victims or monsters look better. It is just SICK to me. I wouldn't be surprised if the doctor in this case was paid off to make Josh look better. Sad, but true.

In the Caylee case, not only were the psychiatrists (depos) unethical, look at what Dr. Spitz did on the witness stand. Like attorneys, doctors can be bought. It's a sad commentary on people and on our justice system. :shakehead: In both cases, it was the children who suffered the ultimate price.

I read the latest horror today and am just speechless. How one child had to watch the horror being done...waiting for his turn. What do you say to this? Blowing them up wasn't enough? What hatred he must have had for them.

It's time to take away all children who's parents may be a suspect in a disappearance - including Dale Smith and the Irwins. Until the cases are solved they shouldn't be allowed access to their children.

This is my opinion - please don't throw tomatoes.

Mel

I agree. The safety of the children must come FIRST.

The tone of self-pity in that phone message is unbearable. It's all about him, him, him.

The message is all about why he's committing suicide -- says nothing about the real crime, the real horror: the killing of his children. It's like the big tragedy is his suicide and the kids are just an afterthought.

I read websleuths every day and am still shocked all the time at the human depravity -- but this case is just unbelievable.

I hope the Coxes find some comfort some day, but no one should ever have to go through what they're going through.

I believe there is evil in this world.

I believe we have seen this evil.

I believe these boys are now in the arms of the Angels.

I believe God is trying to tell me something.

I believe I will listen until I understand.

Its not just the judge the laws need to be changed to protect children. I am not sure if the judge even had anything to do with who supervised the visit ect. States and CPS don't always have the necessary resources to handle cases. Judges have to follow laws and the states run the system. Yes things need to change but I disagree the judge is as guilty. One person did this that was Josh. The only way the system will change is if people step up to change it. We all have to remember that blaming the system does no good if we aren't willing to step up and see that changes are made. This is just one case of many where the system failed the child. Not one person but the system. I lived through the system has a child. my grandparents fought for me but really couldn't do much because of the laws. Everyone sympathized with them but its just the way things are. No one is above the law that is why the changes need to made there. One judge stepping down will not help all the children who are suffering in situations like this. I listened to Levi Page last night and Kim P was very informative on how the laws work and what judges can and cannot do. Laws need to change and hopefully enough people will realize that so all children who need help and all children in these situations have a way out.

BBM

I'm not sure I understand the bolded part. Do you feel Josh is solely responsible or the system?

The Judge could have ordered supervised visits in a controlled enviroment.
He chose not to.

Its not just the judge the laws need to be changed to protect children. I am not sure if the judge even had anything to do with who supervised the visit ect. States and CPS don't always have the necessary resources to handle cases. Judges have to follow laws and the states run the system. Yes things need to change but I disagree the judge is as guilty. One person did this that was Josh. The only way the system will change is if people step up to change it. We all have to remember that blaming the system does no good if we aren't willing to step up and see that changes are made. This is just one case of many where the system failed the child. Not one person but the system. I lived through the system has a child. my grandparents fought for me but really couldn't do much because of the laws. Everyone sympathized with them but its just the way things are. No one is above the law that is why the changes need to made there. One judge stepping down will not help all the children who are suffering in situations like this. I listened to Levi Page last night and Kim P was very informative on how the laws work and what judges can and cannot do. Laws need to change and hopefully enough people will realize that so all children who need help and all children in these situations have a way out.

You have your opinion, I have mine. I will not lecture you.

I believe there is evil in this world.

I believe we have seen this evil.

I believe these boys are now in the arms of the Angels.

I believe God is trying to tell me something.

I believe I will listen until I understand.

Thank you for this post. I agree with every word. The thanks button just wasn't enough.

That was precisely my reaction to the voicemail, too.

You would think after all these years considering the many cases we follow and the horrors we have witnessed before, I would be a little bit desensitized... Apparently not because this has haunted me for the past 2 days. I haven't posted much because I simply have no words to convey what I am feeling.

I'm still trying to wrap my brain around understanding how one human can be consumed by so much evil. Just pure evil. There is no other explanation, imo.

The recently ordered psycho-sexual evaluation should have been demanded by the judge prior to permitting any supervised visitation with this father. IMO, no visitation-even if supervised by LE, in any facility-None, until he underwent and passed such evaluation once grandpa's images were discovered.

The system is following the letter of the law and not common sense (which it never really does). He was not charged or arrested in anything connected to his wive's disappearance. Therefore the system doesn't consider that he might be homicidal and doesn't see any red flags in allowing him supervised visitations at the home where he lives.
Since he killed himself as well as the children clearly he would have found a way as long as he remained free and not arrested for his wife. That's about the only thing that would have saved the children-him getting arrested and his sorry behind in jail awaiting trial. But that didn't happen.

OMG I just read that the fire was the cover up of the actual murder... How incredibly sad and disgusting.
HOW the hell does someone get to this point? The explosion is more of a "heat of the moment" thing.. I can maybe see that.. but to sit there and PLAN to murder your children with an axe.. one at at time... then to carry it out.. ughhh! I just can't wrap my head around it... not even a little bit. If you loved your children so much, why would you want their last memory of you to be a scary one?
Dying in an explosion is NOT good enough for Josh Powell.. I'm sad he got to take the easy way out.

Thanks Doc.

I know this is probably hard for the Powell family (with the exception of dear old dad, imo), regardless of what we might think of them. But the last part of the video with Josh's sister Alina's statement angered me. Blaming everyone else for what Josh did, imo. Worse though, she says it's because Josh and his boys were so hated; that's what brought this on. Makes me mad - completely ignorant and untrue, imo. Those boys were never hated by anyone, other than possibily their own father. If she must make a statement, why does she have to make one that implies, to me, that Josh did the unthinkable because he and his sons were victims of others? Josh was hated by some, because he victimized others, including his wife and sons. He was the "hate-filled" one who killed his wife and his own babies. Josh Powell is NOT THE VICTIM, his boys are the victims of Josh's final act.

I wish all Powells would refrain from blaming others and just tell everything they know to investigators instead - but it probably won't happen.

I had nightmares all night just thinking of those little darling boys horror.
I have to TRY to take a break, my DH said I take things to heart.
I do.
How can we stop these evilness?
I TRY to forgive, understand.........I CANNOT!
I just pray allot that this never happens to anyone I love or know.
I would NEVER get over it, EVER!

Thanks Doc.

I know this is probably hard for the Powell family (with the exception of dear old dad, imo), regardless of what we might think of them. But the last part of the video with Josh's sister Alina's statement angered me. Blaming everyone else for what Josh did, imo. Worse though, she says it's because Josh and his boys were so hated; that's what brought this on. Makes me mad - completely ignorant and untrue, imo. Those boys were never hated by anyone, other than possibily their own father. If she must make a statement, why does she have to make one that implies, to me, that Josh did the unthinkable because he and his sons were victims of others? Josh was hated by some, because he victimized others, including his wife and sons. He was the "hate-filled" one who killed his wife and his own babies. Josh Powell is NOT THE VICTIM, his boys are the victims of Josh's final act.

I wish all Powells would refrain from blaming others and instead just tell everything they know to investigators instead - but it probably won't happen.

BBM

I totally agree. Made me furious.

Seems to me another apple that didn't fall far from the tree, IMO.

Nobody hated the children. People were hoping the children can be saved. Of course that didn't happen.

He gave away their (the boys) books and transferred money from his bank account to someone elses. Where was this monster getting money??? How did he pass/rent a house? Most people require, oh, a job for starters, money etc. I'm not getting that part of it.

I am still curious as to when he started sending out those e-mails and voice-mails. Would have been a very risky thing to do before children showed up. Any of his relatives could have been able to figure at that he at the very least was suicidal and send 911 over there.

I gave in and listened to AC news voicemail.................what MONEY did JP have?
Where and How did he have ANY money to transfer???
Susan was the main sourse of income.
Did he sale her house, profit?
He didn't work, did he?
To rent, you have to have 1 month in advance for deposit etc.
and he was concerned about how to spend his money????
Was he doing something illegal also that no one knew about???

You know what I wish. I wish that judges would at least give a cooling off period for visitation after ruling against a parent who is a poi in a crime.

JP looked as if he was literally coming apart at the seams at last weeks hearing. I just don't understand how the judge couldn't see the decline in his physical appearance. It even became a topic of discussion on the Cox's file for custody thread.(last 3-4 pgs) Then when she ordered the LDT and psychosexual eval and postponed her decision til July, JP's eyes began to dart around and they looked so evil! This is all moo and I don't have links due to my laptop is SLOOOOOOW today but there should be some videos of him on the thread I mentioned. No doubt he was a narcissist (and prolly some other stuff I am not qualified to diagnose) because he made it all about himself in the end. I haven't listenend to the voicemail, I can't stomach it right now. But does anyone know how many times he said 'I' in his short message? TIA

OT I wish I knew how to post pictures w/o blowing the margins:/

MOO

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads