Josh Powell's House in WA blows up

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only hope that they keep a closer eye on Michelle Parkers twins when they visit her ex, the POI in her case. :mad:

I have company here watching the Super Bowl and I am crying in the kitchen sitting in front of the computer. :mad: I am supposed to be bringing in more guacamole and all I want to do is SCREAM!!!! [ If it wasn't for my son's friends that is exactly what I would do right now, but I guess I will peel more avocados instead.]

I went into our bedroom, away from the party; crying women and football don't mix.

I just returned from being out of town all wkend and saw this. I AM SO PISSED OFF.

Group hugs to everybody.

The system fails us. It's always behind, and I understand how that happens. I can accept some things, but I don't think we have a system set up for dealing with pure evil like this. And there's so much of it. I can't accept that part at all.

I want answers from sealed search warrants and anything that might help civilians understand where or why not to go into the desert to search for Susan.

I want the Coxes, the Graves family, Kirsi, the WVCPD, and everyone else who is hurting even more than I am right now, to find the peace that passes understanding. This sucks the big one. It just hurts and hurts.

I was so shocked to read this news, it is so horrific and I am so very sorry for Susan's parents and other loved ones. How do you ever recover from such a nightmare? Those poor kids, why couldn't he have just let them be????

I think it is disgusting that this scenario was even possible. The "supervision" only works as prevention of harm if the supervised cares what the supervisor sees right? He didn't care, he was going to die. The social worker had no way of protecting the kids or herself past what consequences he could later face if he did something wrong. I think what-if's about her actions are very unfair. I am guessing she is only alive because the plan went easier without her getting in the house initially and he had no cause to want to kill her specifically.

He should have already been in jail.

If Josh did push the social worker out of the house and slam the door in her face there was nothing she could do. Holding hands wouldn't have helped she couldn't hold them throughout the whole visit. Who ever put the supervision at the mans house should be fired, but the poor social worker did nothing but her job. Josh had it set up so no one could stop him. after being physically pushed out of a residence and the door locked she went to call for help before she even got to her car the house exploded. Unless the live link was incorrect I think the social worker did her job and there was nothing that she could have done differently.

Oh....my....I haven't been following this at all, but those poor babies....essentially Josh Powell made it so he'd never see them again, because there is no way that those precious children will end up where he is....what a piece of trash

I am sorry but this case manager bears no responsibility in my mind. She is fortunate she lived-undoubtedly he would have taken her out as well....and any other first responder he could have.

He was very foxy. He staged this visit to appear like the others, when all along, for however long, he had planned this day. He set his email to send emails to people. As of the last media I read, the emails were still being received.

In some ways this was very predictable, imo, but that is because he killed his wife to assert control and when he lost control of the kids, he had to re assert it in some way. So here you go.

It makes me want to howl at the moon-as always, these children are the collateral damage. Instead of what is in their actual best interests, the court enforced what appeared to be in their best interests on paper. As usual. Josh was not only the prime suspect in the murder of his wife, he was suspected of some kind of sexual aberrance, right? I mean, yet again we are going to have a judge state that he/she did the best they could with the info they had and that this wasnt predictable.

Yup, it was. Now Josh has his revenge. He has now taken everything from the Cox's that he possibly could have. His final eff you.

I cant stand it.

Exactly how I feel every word but could not express.

I am kind of disturbed by the interview with Kirk Graves. I feel like it was too soon...get the man and his family some space. I cannot believe the media is interviewing him 2 hours after his nephews had been killed. How the hell do they think his wife and mother in law are reacting. Sorry but that just angers me.

And if we have scarcely taken it in I cant begin to imagine the sheer shock he must be feeling. They have so many feelings they will need to process I truly feel so much grief for them.

The system fails us. It's always behind, and I understand how that happens. I can accept some things, but I don't think we have a system set up for dealing with pure evil like this. And there's so much of it. I can't accept that part at all.

I want answers from sealed search warrants and anything that might help civilians understand where or why not to go into the desert to search for Susan.

I want the Coxes, the Graves family, Kirsi, the WVCPD, and everyone else who is hurting even more than I am right now, to find the peace that passes understanding. This sucks the big one. It just hurts and hurts.

BBM

Yes, yes it does...

What a horrible tragedy. MAYBE, just maybe, this case can set some precedence with regards to family courts/family law. No one- judges, lawyers, case workers, parents- seem to have the legal right to take proactive action to protect children. Something horrible has to happen first, and only then- if the victims survive- can the authorities take action to protect those most vulnerable (the children). Too often, the "something horrible" that happens leads to death. Obviously, it's then too late. RIP.

To begin with, there should be no visits at homes where there is any history of DV or where there is a "person of interest" in a spousal disappearance. No social workers should be put in harm's way in order to "supervise" at a suspect's home.

Just as DFS removes ALL the kids from a home proactively where there is an abuse allegation involving one, ALL the kids should be removed from a home proactively when a parent disappears with suspicious circumstances. Especially when there are additional circumstances like grandpa and his voyeurism and *advertiser censored*.

No DFS worker should be instructed to call a supervisor when the non-custodial parent has just pushed her out the door. She should be empowered to decide whether to call 911 or her supervisor at that point. Or instructed to call 911 no matter what! Terrible that she should be entrusted with this task yet not empowered to make the decision to call police.

We need to leave behind the centuries' old presumption that children are their parents' property. No more meth-heads getting their kids back time and time again, so that the kids suffer attachment disorder and go on to tortured lives of their own. One strike - go to rehab, and if you screw up again, your kids are on their way to a permanent adoptive family.

Why do we have such a strong anti-abortion movement, ostensibly to protect children, but once the kids are here, their "parents" can do whatever with them and we give the parent's "rights" priority over and over again?

Sorry for the rant....I'm just so upset that we keep sacrificing up kids this way. If Joshie had been innocent, he could have taken the tests, and his relationship with the kids would have survived a few more months or a year in the custody of their grandparents. This presumption that kids need to be "reunited" with their parents immediately, puts them at unacceptable risk. Enough is enough.

A Charlie and Braden Law is a very good idea.

I'm thinking he'll probably hang himself at this point.

From your mouth.....

Except he might be the only one left who knows where Susan is. Maybe they can work out a deal.

Don't want to credit Josh Powell, but the guy was cunning enough to have the explosion emerge as "breaking news" during the Super Bowl :furious:

Oh my God...I am crying as I type this. Those poor boys. And my heart aches for the Coxes. Rest in Peace to Susan and her boys. For Josh -- you know where I hope that waste of space is right now.

Well, I hope there is NO funeral or memorial for Josh, and if the family is stupid enough to do so, I really hope his father is not allowed out of jail to attend.

Not positive about how it would work in county jail but if he were in the actual prison system he could be given the choice of a death bed visit (does not apply here) or a grave side visit dependent on decision of supervisor - all at his own expense

Don't want to credit Josh Powell, but the guy was cunning enough to have the explosion emerge as "breaking news" during the Super Bowl :furious:

Now we are talking.

I ponder Josh's dad now. I dont see him killing himself. I see him preening and drinking up the attention he will receive. He will receive visits and pleas from LE to locate Susan and any other bodies that may lay in his wake. Maybe this is just what he wanted...maybe he whispered this scenario into Josh's ear.

I am kind of disturbed by the interview with Kirk Graves. I feel like it was too soon...get the man and his family some space. I cannot believe the media is interviewing him 2 hours after his nephews had been killed. How the hell do they think his wife and mother in law are reacting. Sorry but that just angers me.

I agree, it upset me to watch. The reporter just kept digging for one more question. :(

One more thing -- if someone has said this before, I apologize for repeating: but he "had" to do this. The boys were getting old enough to possibly remember something and talk. He is a loser, a coward, and God will give him what he richly deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8