Josh Powell's House in WA blows up

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just heard the photos found on Josh's computer were from WVC when Susan disappeared. Not when they search SP's house. Didn't know that.

OMG, I just saw the report on my local paper's website. What a terrible, terrible, terrible loss. My heart breaks for Susan's family, I can't imagine how they will get through this. What a cursed day it was, the day Susan met Josh.

Susan is with her little boys now. May they be blessed with eternal peace.

How do we know that this was gas as opposed to some sort of explosion devise?

What is wrong with people? I mean seriously, how are some people so messed up in the head that it even occurs to them to do something like this, much less do it?

This is just too horrifying to express. Those poor boys, and their poor grandparents. They must be destroyed. My heart goes out to them.

I don't see why that would be necessary considering the e-mail to the lawyer arrived 10 minutes before the blast, not after.

It would be necessary if people are JUST NOW receiving emails. Maybe the email to the lawyer was first, but not the last email his account sent out - or is still sending out.

I swear I just read an article where his mother was quoted defending his parenting skills. Then his estranged sister said his mother hadn't seen him for years. I didn't know she was thought to be missing or I would have saved a link to the article. Maybe it was the one where it was announced he would undergo an evaluation.

Denial.

I believe he was living in his father's home.
His father is in jail.

No, at the last hearing he made it clear he should get the boys back because he had moved out of his father's home. His mother moved up to his father's home to live. The house he just destroyed is NOT his father's Puyallup home where he formerly lived with his dad and siblings.

Supervised visitation esp with a murder suspect means never alone even for a minute IMO if she had done her job correctly,IE walking with the children into the house she would have smelled gas at the door possible saving those kids.GOD Please forgive me for this but if she would have been blown to bits maybe policies would be changed to really protect our children.My heart prays and love go out to the Cox family,You did all you could do to save your grandsons staying within our laws.Sadly our Laws give children no rights against a truly evil parent.

Anyone who covered for this evil ,I pray God has no mercy on your souls.

If she smelled gas walking away to her car, she must have smelled it when she got close to the door of the house, too. If only she had had the boys by the hand, instead of letting them run ahead of her....

JP's mother is alive and well and was living with his sister in Utah. After Steven Powell was arrested, she reportedly moved to Puyallup and was living in Steven's house! I assume it was for the purpose of caring for the mentally ill brother who was prone to walking around the house naked in front of the boys.

The mystery mother is Steven Powell's mother. He wrote a strange story about his parents taking turns kidnapping the kids from each other and he left it a mystery as to what happened to his mother in the end.

It all shows that this terrible tragedy was several generations in the making.

Thank you for clarifying my memory. There seems to be a missing mother before this one and I have wondered all along why the police did not seem to be pursuing that. Maybe they have and we just don't know. Maybe there is a family "dump site."

Correct- Plus they just officially declared it a Murder Suicide.

There is nothing left of that house- looks like a bomb dropped on it- he had that gas on for longer than a couple of minutes.

(My husband owns an IPO and depending on what internet provider you have e-mails can take seconds to hours before they are delivered on the other end. Realistically he could have had his mail server up on a few browsers with the emails all written and just had to repeatedly hit send when he heard the kids arrive)

He could have set the emails to be delivered right when he estimated the blast would occur. The social worker might have been ten minutes late.

If she smelled gas walking away to her car, she must have smelled it when she got close to the door, too. If only she had had the boys by the hand, instead of letting them run ahead of her....

Their father was already a murderer and he was intent on murdering the boys. I really don't think holding their hands would have stopped Josh after he set up the murder scene.

It would be necessary if people are JUST NOW receiving emails. Maybe the email to the lawyer was first, but not the last email his account sent out - or is still sending out.

I am not sure if they are just now receiving them or just now reading them. Lawyer didn't read his for two hours. It's Sunday. Could be the same for the rest of the e-mails.

I just can not grasp the sickness in all of this. As someone put it earlier - this is a sickness generations in the making.....

this is just so sad....

The social worker reported SMELLING gas. I'd assume that meant natural gas which will explode.

He could have set the emails to be delivered right when he estimated the blast would occur. The social worker might have been ten minutes late.

It would have been pretty risky to start sending e-mails before the children showed up. Clearly there is always a possibility they could have been late.

Because the social worker said she smelled gas. I don't know if she meant natural gas or gasoline, or perhaps both. He may have had several things set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro