Josh Powell's House in WA blows up

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One would think that when children say, "Mommy was riding in the trunk", AND, "Mommy took a walk into the desert with Daddy and got lost", that SOMETHING could have been done immediately. Could they not have gone out into the desert where he normally camped and started digging at obvious locations? This all just makes my heart hurt.

What a horrible, horrible story. From the little that I have read, I have no doubt that this was a reaction to the boys beginning to talk about the camping trip. I think he probably realised that his time was running out. His website, by the way, is absolutely chilling. The bit about her families actions making it too difficult to return in her current "emotional state" is about the coldest thing imaginable.

I feel terrible for the worker who took the children to that house. All she was doing was her job. Nobody wakes up in the morning expecting their day to end with something so horrific.

Too bad the couldn't just take his own life, let his children live and tell the truth about what happened that night. As impossibly hard as that would have been on his two little boys, they would've grown up knowing the truth about their father and knowing they told the truth and did what was right for their mother and her family.

All Josh did with this unspeakable act was confirm his guilt.

One of the articles linked upthread said it was a social worker and that Josh slammed and locked the door before she could enter the house, after which she smelled gas and then the explosion happened. (Not 100% sure the social worker was female, but I believe ghat's what it said.)

Thank you, I found it:

http://www.king5.com/news/Josh-Powells-home-explodes-two-bodies-found-inside-138747519.html

"Sherry Hill, a spokeswoman for the Washington state Department of Social and Health Services, said the social worker who was with the children Sunday was not a Child Protective Services employee but a contract worker with a private agency that supervises visits for the state.

"The visit supervisor for this particular agency had taken the children to the home. When she does that, she sits through the visit and might take notes on her observations," Hill said. "She pulled up in the car, and the kids ran out ahead of her. He closed the door and locked it. She wasn't able to get in, and that's when she smelled gas."

Good grief, that poor social worker too!

This makes me wonder what kind of MONSTER he really was..and what did SUSAN discover?:twocents:
he was a sick in the head very demented person who had no right to a wife or family...
his defense could have gotten him the help he needed also the
help the children deserved.
Defense of criminals only cares for the person they are defending.
Maybe they should look at the whole picture?
Be honest about the mental sickness of the person they defend?
:phone:

This makes me wonder what kind of "MONSTER" he really was..and what did SUSAN discover?:twocents:
he was a sick in the head very demented person who had no right to a wife or family...:maddening:
his defense could have gotten him the help he needed also the
help the children deserved.:waitasec:
Defense of criminals only cares for the person they are defending.
Maybe they should look at the whole picture?
Be honest about the mental sickness of the person they defend?
:phone:

Processing thoughts, so bear with me, or move on.

I caught this news during the Super Bowl. My heart sank, and muttered a few ugly things about JP, explained to DH what happened, and went back to the game.

Checked in periodically during the game, showed pics of the house to DH. Heart heavy.

At bed time, I was thinking "I must be desensitized .. no tears .. no emotional outburst .. I need a break from WS" ..

Fell fast asleep.

Then I dreamed. I interacted with Braden, had a conversation with Charlie. Woke up and stared at the blinking light on the DVR.

Went back to sleep.

Had a conversation with Susan.

Woke up this morning and can barely function.

I'm numb. I can't say I'm surprised. I don't even feel hate. I feel deep sorrow .. especially now for the Coxes ..

Printed that beautiful pic of Susan and the boys and posted it over my desk at work this morning.

Everyone asks "Who's that?"

"OH just some folks I'm thinkin' alot about today ..."

Evil exists. It started before JP. 30 years ago we'd be feeling sorry for JP because of what I'm sure he endured at the hands of SP. Now we hate him for being evil himself.

This is a broken world.

God help us all.

RIP with momma, little men.

imo

Can someone tell me if there has been any word from jail where the other subhuman resides?
@BenWinslow
Ben Winslow
Steven Powell is not cooperating w/ investigators in the #JoshPowell murder-suicide, cops say. @fox13now

Who made the beyond stupid decision that visitation should be in his home? Good Grief!

Processing thoughts, so bear with me, or move on.

I caught this news during the Super Bowl. My heart sank, and muttered a few ugly things about JP, explained to DH what happened, and went back to the game.

Checked in periodically during the game, showed pics of the house to DH. Heart heavy.

At bed time, I was thinking "I must be desensitized .. no tears .. no emotional outburst .. I need a break from WS" ..

Fell fast asleep.

Then I dreamed. I interacted with Braden, had a conversation with Charlie. Woke up and stared at the blinking light on the DVR.

Went back to sleep.

Had a conversation with Susan.

Woke up this morning and can barely function.

I'm numb. I can't say I'm surprised. I don't even feel hate. I feel deep sorrow .. especially now for the Coxes ..

Printed that beautiful pic of Susan and the boys and posted it over my desk at work this morning.

Everyone asks "Who's that?"

"OH just some folks I'm thinkin' alot about today ..."

Evil exists. It started before JP. 30 years ago we'd be feeling sorry for JP because of what I'm sure he endured at the hands of SP. Now we hate him for being evil himself.

This is a broken world.

God help us all.

RIP with momma, little men.

imo

I feel exactly the same way, so don't feel that you are alone. I've been researching missing person cases for a longgg time now, and they never get any easier. I sometimes wonder why I put myself through it. Then I remember that it's about those who those missing people left behind is why I fight this agonizing fight each and every day.

Thank you, I found it:

http://www.king5.com/news/Josh-Powells-home-explodes-two-bodies-found-inside-138747519.html

"Sherry Hill, a spokeswoman for the Washington state Department of Social and Health Services, said the social worker who was with the children Sunday was not a Child Protective Services employee but a contract worker with a private agency that supervises visits for the state.

"The visit supervisor for this particular agency had taken the children to the home. When she does that, she sits through the visit and might take notes on her observations," Hill said. "She pulled up in the car, and the kids ran out ahead of her. He closed the door and locked it. She wasn't able to get in, and that's when she smelled gas."

Good grief, that poor social worker too!
BBM

I'm glad you posted this. I don't know a lot about child custody issues, but I would have thought someone supervised a "supervised visitation".

This supervision was prevented by his closing and locking the door to seal these children to their fate.

I feel exactly the same way, so don't feel that you are alone. I've been researching missing person cases for a longgg time now, and they never get any easier. I sometimes wonder why I put myself through it. Then I remember that it's about those who those missing people left behind is why I fight this agonizing fight each and every day.

Thank you for that .. 'tear'

SP can thank himself for supporting his son all this time. I hope he rots in jail.

I wish all social workers that have to deal with supervised visits were members on WS. They would demand protection.

We are all mad and sad beyond words but put the blame where it belongs Josh Powell no one else.

You are so right, and I should have been more clear in my post about the attorney. I was not blaming Josh's attorney for what Josh has done. I was just venting about how sick and tired I am of hearing attorneys stand up for murderers by claiming they are just regular people. I saw that with Josh's attorney and I see it with Casey Anthony's attorneys. I feel that an attorney can do their job without attempting to portray a murderer as some sort of saint. Advising their client to not comment or to not answer media questions is acceptable but when they go to the public with statements about their client's redeeming qualities, I want to gag.

Josh was not charged and convicted but he was a person of interest in the disappearance and likely death of his wife. He should not have had rights to his children. I believe in constitutional rights but only because they are in place to protect us all...and that must include the innocent who are all too often put in harm's way soley to protect the "rights" of the evil ones in society. Charlie and Braden's rights should have squashed Josh's rights to a pulp. I have no doubt that his attorney played a part in Josh retaining his visitation rights but I have many doubts that he attempted to impress upon everyone concerned that precautions were necessary. IIRC the poster I was responding to asked the question of what must the attorney be thinking now. And I think it is an excellent question. What indeed is he thinking now, and might he now have some regrets?

Well if CPS is waiting for defense lawyers to impress upon them that precautions might be necessary, they will have a long time waiting.

Well, color me surprised ... not.

I'm not surprised either. There's certainly no reason for him to not tell the truth now. Josh is too busy burning in hell to care what's being said about him here on earth. Whatever Steven knows or was involved with, he should tell all for the memory of his grandchildren and suffer the consequences.

And I don't think that there is a murder suspect out there that can be dismissed as potentially harming others. I was just as shocked at what happened yesterday as anyone else, but NOT surprised. When I saw pics of him at that hearing Wednesday, I felt he was desperate and could do anything. My heart sank when I read that he was going to still have supervised visits.

If they will kill someone they supposedly love or have loved, they can kill anyone. I have no doubt in my mind.

Unfortunately police couldn't make their case and arrest him. Therefore he was innocent until proven guilty. And CPS was reasoning since the children lived with him before, and he hasn't killed them, then he wasn't a danger to them. I think it was obvious to most of us that what happened to the children could have happened, but not to the legal system because they couldn't make a case against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl