Judges double Oscar Pistorius' sentence to 13 years, 5 months - 24. Nov. 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OP is being allowed to remain at Atteridgeville Correctional Facility, a prison for non-violent offenders despite his conviction for murder. This prison houses inmates serving sentences of up to only six years – less than half of Pistorius' punishment - and the decision to spare him a return to a maximum security jail is bound to prompt accusations that he is receiving special treatment. He has now been at this facility for two years. His cell, like his hospital cell at Kgosi where he was previously incarcerated, has a specially adapted en-suite bathroom and he is allowed to grow his own food in the extensive gardens. A spokesman said that when an offender’s sentence is altered, a security assessment is done. He has been classified as low risk and it has been decided that he can remain in the relaxed, family atmosphere of Atteridgeville which only houses 1,000 prisoners.

Do any WS members who followed OP’s trial remember the story of Ronnie Fakude? You can read about him here. People around the world were outraged when they read of his plight. He was ultimately released into home detention while awaiting trial and was fitted with an electronic monitoring device on his ankle. This poor man was only facing fraud charges, a far cry from murder. As a convicted murderer, OP can hardly be described as a non-violent offender, and to this day he has shown no remorse whatsoever. If Fakude, who was severely disabled, was in Kgosi Mampuru, why isn’t OP? To suggest it’s because he’s a disabled double amputee is farcical. He should have been returned to his cell in the hospital wing at Kgosi where he already had an en suite bathroom which had been constructed especially for him. OP normally wears his prostheses, but he is quite capable of walking and running on his stumps, whereas Fakude couldn’t walk at all. Fakude couldn’t use a toilet even if one was available just for him. As he didn’t even have the “luxury” of a wheelchair, he had no way of manoeuvring himself onto a toilet. This poor unfortunate man had to wear nappies.

OP is so disabled that he can go and tend his own private vegetable patch in “extensive gardens”. Compare his disability to that of Fakude. We’ve seen OP run on his stumps, and we’ve also seen the shocking pity walk he put on at his sentencing hearing rather than explain why he fired 4 shots. Who could ever forget that. Once again, it was all about him ... this time as the victim.

The comments made by Curlewis don’t bear repeating. During OP’s trial he predicted a number of things, all of which were wrong. In the above article he said, 'Undoubtedly Pistorius is regarded as a special case, not because he is famous, or now notorious, but because he is a double amputee and that means he needs special care and consideration’. Now this facility too has also gone to the expense of setting things up for him properly.

I don’t like to see anyone suffer, but the special treatment doled out on a regular basis to OP just makes me sick. He always has and still does believe that he’s “special” and for some reason he’s always treated accordingly. Why do they do it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5330667/Oscar-Pistoriuss-special-treatment-bars.html

I’m not surprised....but Why special treatment at every turn?

I don’t like to see anyone suffer, but the special treatment doled out on a regular basis to OP just makes me sick. He always has and still does believe that he’s “special” and for some reason he’s always treated accordingly. Why do they do it?

I’m not surprised....but Why special treatment at every turn?

I think we can guess.

I just remembered #93 above, and in particular, "The other man is also detained on the special care unit 'where inmates with special needs and different sexual orientation are held for their own protection'. (I wouldn't be at all surprised if he fits into both these categories)".

Maybe he really does fall into the second category. Have you considered this? There is circumstantial evidence to support this possibility. If Reeva discovered his secret that night, it would certainly be cause for a huge argument and everything else that followed. It would also have been a very good reason why she took his phone into the toilet, why he was desperate to get it back, and the reason he killed her ... to stop her from revealing his secret. Remember, image was everything, even to the point where he told her not to chew gum in public etc.

This would also explain why Carl removed the phone from the house and wiped it ... because it revealed the motive.

I very much doubt this. He was known to have had several girlfriends and was two-timing a lot of the time. Not normal behaviour for a closet gay. For me his rage was probably more likely to do with Reeva ditching him due to his hurtful behaviour at the time. She was much more mature than he and decided enough was enough. This would have been a huge slight to OP and his well documented rage became uncontrollable.

I just remembered #93 above, and in particular, "The other man is also detained on the special care unit 'where inmates with special needs and different sexual orientation are held for their own protection'. (I wouldn't be at all surprised if he fits into both these categories)".

Maybe he really does fall into the second category. Have you considered this? There is circumstantial evidence to support this possibility. If Reeva discovered his secret that night, it would certainly be cause for a huge argument and everything else that followed. It would also have been a very good reason why she took his phone into the toilet, why he was desperate to get it back, and the reason he killed her ... to stop her from revealing his secret. Remember, image was everything, even to the point where he told her not to chew gum in public etc.

This would also explain why Carl removed the phone from the house and wiped it ... because it revealed the motive.

Can anyone remember any references to their having a sex life? I thought Reeva wanted to take things slowly so, to me, that means "no sex". We know she stayed there but it does not mean that they actually had sex. We have all shared beds with a man without having sex. Even his story that he went to bed and she did yoga did not sound very likely for a couple on Valentine's Day Eve. He did not sound very romantic. He might have had a lot of girlfriends but it does not mean that he had sex. They might have just been. in his eyes, trophy women to show off about. On the other hand, he might have been basically bisexual but was in the closet. I would not be surprised at all if he was actually homosexual. My gut feeling was that he was not really sexually inclined and got more of a hit out of being violent. So I buy your theory JJ as I have often thought of it before.

Can anyone remember any references to their having a sex life? I thought Reeva wanted to take things slowly so, to me, that means "no sex". We know she stayed there but it does not mean that they actually had sex. We have all shared beds with a man without having sex. Even his story that he went to bed and she did yoga did not sound very likely for a couple on Valentine's Day Eve. He did not sound very romantic. He might have had a lot of girlfriends but it does not mean that he had sex. They might have just been. in his eyes, trophy women to show off about. On the other hand, he might have been basically bisexual but was in the closet. I would not be surprised at all if he was actually homosexual. My gut feeling was that he was not really sexually inclined and got more of a hit out of being violent. So I buy your theory JJ as I have often thought of it before.

The world was a very different place 6 years ago when OP competed in the 2012 Olympics. Now, with many countries allowing same sex marriage, there may not be the same pressure placed on high profile individuals to hide their true sexual orientation. During the years when OP was competing there were a number of very high profile people who repeatedly stated they were straight and they were often photographed with a “girlfriend”. However, in 2013 and 2014 they finally came out of the closet. Some of the reasons given for not coming out earlier was their fear of the reaction from family and friends and the fact that they stood to lose lucrative sponsorship deals worth millions of dollars. Apparently there are lots of commercial pressures and management issues.

Image was everything to OP and his brand so it's quite conceivable that he may have had trophy girlfriends to conceal his homosexuality. The fact that he was such a public person, particularly after the London Olympics, meant that he was frequently at public events and the public would expect a handsome Olympic athlete earning a lot of money to have young women throwing themselves at him. He said in an interview that he felt women were only interested in him for his fame.

In her book Reeva: a Mother’s Story June said the couple had spent many nights together but had not had sexual relations. She said, “Reeva had confided to me that she hadn't slept with him. They'd shared a bed, but she was scared to take the relationship to that level … She wouldn't want to sleep with Oscar if she wasn't sure”. Reeva's close friend, Kirsten, said the same.

He was 26 years old when he murdered Reeva. In all the years prior to that there were only 3 girls of any consequence – Vicky Miles, Jenna Edkins and Samantha Taylor, and all 3 relationships were tumultuous, although he and Jenna are still close. He briefly dated Chanelle du Plessis and Melissa Rom. There were only rumours about Anastasia Khozissova, Erin Steer and Leigh Skye Malan.

And who could forget the Christo Menelaou article about OP in YOU magazine headed "Brotherly Love ...? More?" which included messages between the two of them.

It was more than interesting to learn that Christo and his husband (who has taken Menelaou's name) are now the proud parents of triplets via a surrogate, and both men are biological parents. They went to an egg bank and each chose an egg. One of the men is the biological father to one of the children, a son, while the egg fertilised with the other man's sperm split resulting in identical twin daughters.

I just had a look back at his appeal to the con court against his murder conviction to see how long it took.

He appealed on 11th Jan 2016
The state opposed on 25th Jan 2016
The con court denied leave to appeal on 3rd Mar 2016

Hoping it won't be long before we hear the latest result.

He appealed his sentence on 19th Dec 2017
The state filed opposing papers on 25th Jan 2018

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-bid-to-appeal-murder-sentence-idUSKBN1HG2CX
APRIL 9, 2018 / 11:30 AM / UPDATED AN HOUR AGO

- South Africa’s Constitutional Court has dismissed an application by paralympic gold medallist Oscar Pistorius to appeal his sentence for murdering his girlfriend, legal documents showed on Monday.

“The Constitutional Court has considered the application for condonation and leave to appeal. It has concluded that ... the application for leave to appeal should be dismissed as it does not engage this court’s jurisdiction,” read the court’s order dated March 28 and made public by the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) on Monday.

Maughan says he has reacted very badly to the news.

https://twitter.com/eNCA/status/983377725384605696

And watching the video, I still am so supportive of how classy reeva's parents have been throughout this in their quote within the video.

They are such impressive people. And how they have handled everything.

ETA.. for some reason, it Delights me that his family keeps throwing good money after bad. They had said it isn't even within their jurisdiction to decide. Which is what many others said previously. Go ahead, keep taking the uncle's money and pocketing it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Forgotten Murders
Back