Judges double Oscar Pistorius' sentence to 13 years, 5 months - 24. Nov. 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JOHANNESBURG – Olympian Oscar Pistorius has not been pardoned by the president of South Africa for the murder of his girlfriend, contrary to an online report shared on social media.
Department of Correctional Services spokesman Singabakho Nxumalo dismissed the report that the 31-year-old runner had been pardoned by President Cyril Ramaphosa as “fake news.”

http://www.660news.com/2018/04/14/not-real-news-no-pardon-for-olympian-oscar-pistorius/

Oscar Pistorius to be 'secretly freed to attend grandad's funeral' | Metro News
12 Nov 2018

Killer Oscar Pistorius will reportedly be allowed leave from prison on compassionate grounds so he can attend a memorial service for his grandad. The former Paralympian is currently serving a 15-year sentence for the murder of his model girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp in 2013. But family sources are reported to have told local media that Oscar will be freed so he can be present at the funeral of Hendrik Pistorius, who died last month after a routine operation in hospital.

Read more: Oscar Pistorius to be 'secretly freed to attend grandad's funeral' | Metro News

Twitter: Metro (@MetroUK) | Twitter | Facebook: Metro

Oscar has found a new purpose behind bars, leading a Bible studies and prayer group and harvesting vegetables, his father Henke has told The Times UK. According to Henke, Oscar is doing well in prison and has been in a better place since his conviction. He's having a positive spiritual impact on his fellow inmates, is providing them with good Christian knowledge, and offering hope to those who need it, his father said.

He has "his own" veggie garden inside the prison and it sounds like it's thriving. His dad said, "Oscar, being an artist, didn't just do square blocks of vegetables, he has designed a face. The hair (of the face) is [a] certain type of veggies and the ears and mouths are something else. It's quite incredible."

According to the article, he'll be eligible to apply for parole in 2023.

Convicted murderer turned spiritual leader: Pistorius now running Bible studies in prison

I wonder whose face he represented in vegetables?? Looks as though he is aiming for the soonest possible release which, I think, is 2024. Why do I think there will be a fudge and his release date will be earlier.

On his release, I imagine life in SA will be a problem for him. Too many people happy to take him out IMO.

A crowdfunding platform is facilitating fundraising for a new documentary series entitled My Name is Reeva.

The documentary delves into the personal story of Reeva through the eyes of her loved ones, including her parents, June and Barry Steenkamp.

The intimate tell-all will focus on Reeva, her story, the impact her murder and trial had on her parents, family and close friends.

"Through this documentary, we are determined to tell Reeva’s story; people will get to see another side that seeks to answer some of the questions that have been left unanswered, the truth and who Reeva was. She would want us to do this for her," said June Steenkamp.

Reeva Steenkamp's family to set the record straight in new documentary series

I've been watching a 4 part documentary called Pistorius on Amazon Prime. It's the first time I've really thought about the case in any depth since the trial. There is so much I had forgotten. So many details. It is really so tragic.

This article is just over a year old, but those who followed the trial may find it interesting.

Marc Batchelor, the former South African football star, was gunned down outside his home. Batchelor claimed OP threatened to break his legs after believing he had slept with his then-girlfriend Samantha Taylor.

LE said he was murdered by two suspected motorbike assassins who opened fire through his car window before fleeing.

Photos shared on social media showed the car windscreen riddled with bullet holes.

Ex-footballer once threatened by Oscar Pistorius gunned down by hitmen

This article is just over a year old, but those who followed the trial may find it interesting.

Marc Batchelor, the former South African football star, was gunned down outside his home. Batchelor claimed OP threatened to break his legs after believing he had slept with his then-girlfriend Samantha Taylor.

LE said he was murdered by two suspected motorbike assassins who opened fire through his car window before fleeing.

Photos shared on social media showed the car windscreen riddled with bullet holes.

Ex-footballer once threatened by Oscar Pistorius gunned down by hitmen

Was MB rumoured to move in criminal circles?

On May 8, 2020 President Ramaphosa said that 19,000 prisoners would be granted parole to help curb the spread of coronavirus in correctional facilities. This was in response to a U.N. call on all countries to reduce their prison populations so that social distancing and self-isolation conditions could be observed.

As parole dispensation excluded inmates serving terms for specified serious crimes, including murder, OP didn’t qualify to apply.

He’s eligible to apply for parole in 2023.

Do prisoners Oscar Pistorius and Janusz Waluś qualify for release?

The Trials of Oscar Pistorius review – what about Reeva Steenkamp?

An interesting review of a British TV program..... mainly dwelling in the realms of 'poor Oscar' territory, ...
From the review:
Growing up during a time of civil unrest that white South Africans found particularly threatening is adduced as a reason for Pistorius’s trigger-happy jitteriness when confronted with an apparent intruder. (Ah, apartheid. Such a terrible thing for affluent white families.) His former girlfriend Samantha Taylor describes how she, frightened, had to hide his gun during one of their rows, but there is no mention of the many other forms of abuse in their relationship that she has described elsewhere.

What could have been an examination of the cultural convergence that makes South Africa one of the most dangerous places for women to live – a woman is killed by her partner there every eight hours – instead amounts to little more than a head shake over one man’s bad luck.
:mad:

In post #128 above I referred to the new documentary series entitled My Name is Reeva.

Here's a trailer

Sadly, I think it must have fallen by the wayside. As you can see, there are no investors, no money has been raised and the pitch has ended. I contacted Uprise.Africa but never received a reply. What a tragic end to the life of a much loved woman.

An interesting review of a British TV program..... mainly dwelling in the realms of 'poor Oscar' territory, ...

June Steenkamp said she "shook with anger" after the BBC released a trailer for a new Oscar documentary series which failed to name her daughter, Reeva. The BBC removed the trailer after it received a barrage of criticism on social media for this appalling omission and said it regretted not referring to her by name and would replace the trailer with "something more representative of the series".

June said, "Where was the respect for Reeva, a talented, brave compassionate woman whose life Pistorius snuffed out in its prime?"

Mother of Steenkamp "shook with anger" at Pistorius documentary trailer

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rogue210
Back