Judge's Order re: OP's Mental Health Eval

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Why does anyone want to see his bail revoked or see him be committed for inpatient evaluation if outpatient would suffice?

Because most of us think he shouldn't have got bail in the first place.

If neighbours reported terrified screams before the incident's, would they have still walked free without trial?.

Neighbour. Singular. Whose initial description of screams
was nondescript.

After Oscar’s legs were amputated when he was a very young child, Henke’s relationship with his wife, Sheila, deteriorated. “Henke never really gave any attention to Oscar.

“After Sheila’s death, he inherited money somewhere, which he spent on foreign trips and on women,” another family member said.

“That’s when Arnold took care of the children. Henke was an uninterested and bombastic father.”

Meanwhile, Henke’s acquaintances in Port Alfred told City Press he is a “party animal” with an eye for young women. An elderly man who said he often met Henke at the bar in Ferryman’s Hotel said: “He is noisy after a couple of drinks and has a short temper.”

http://www.citypress.co.za/news/oscars-absent-father/

Interesting IMO, I didn't know before.

Hiya :) I don't think it would have even got to trial, never mind televised, had he not been famous. Others who have killed, mistaking for intruders, haven't even been brought to trial, never mind prosecuted.

I should have thought Rudi Visagie, the Springbok player who shot his daughter mistaking her for an intruder, was pretty famous, at least in SA.

Isn't that because others stood up like real men, pled guilty, and took responsibility for their actions? Rhetorical question, btw.

No. They also stated they perceived then to be an intruder / a stranger.

A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question that is asked in order to make a point.
:banghead:

I should have thought Rudi Visagie, the Springbok player who shot his daughter mistaking her for an intruder, was pretty famous, at least in SA.

With respect, never heard of him. Oscar is internationally/globally known.

To even hint that this case only came to trial because the accused is internationally known is totally absurd and ridiculous.

Neither had I, but we are not in South Africa, are we? And he's probably well known to people who follow international rugby. A lot of people had never heard of Oscar Pistorius, not everyone follows athletics or even the Olympics.

Isn't that because others stood up like real men, pled guilty, and took responsibility for their actions? Rhetorical question, btw.

Oscar is charged with the deliberate murder of Reeva. If his story is fundamentally true he not only has a right to vigorously defend himself, he has a right to a degree of anger. If he was charged with accidentally shooting her, as others were, you might have a point.

OP has hurting from the "hurdle meeting" that day, so much so Reeva msg him she'd understand if he needed to be with family that night. I imagine OP arriving home expecting Reeva to focus all her attention/understanding/love on him as he ranted and railed about his woes and those who'd caused them, which she did for perhaps hours. But at some point he refocused his anger on her. Did she give him unwanted advice? Did she change the subject, perhaps mentioning her Tropika debut in 2 days? Did she give him his Valentine gift/card hoping to cheer him up, and he took it as a rebuke since he had nothing for her?

Don't forget RS had that speech to give the next day, perhaps she was hoping he'd be a good sport and help her practice for it, if only to take his mind off his "hurdle". It's possible that if she did, he may have seen himself(not in name, just by how you evaluate how someone treats you) in her speech and that would not have sat well with him, at all.

Hiya :) I don't think it would have even got to trial, never mind televised, had he not been famous. Others who have killed, mistaking for intruders, haven't even been brought to trial, never mind prosecuted.

You seriously think OP shouldn't be prosecuted for this? :facepalm:

After Oscar’s legs were amputated when he was a very young child, Henke’s relationship with his wife, Sheila, deteriorated. “Henke never really gave any attention to Oscar.

“After Sheila’s death, he inherited money somewhere, which he spent on foreign trips and on women,” another family member said.

“That’s when Arnold took care of the children. Henke was an uninterested and bombastic father.”

Meanwhile, Henke’s acquaintances in Port Alfred told City Press he is a “party animal” with an eye for young women. An elderly man who said he often met Henke at the bar in Ferryman’s Hotel said: “He is noisy after a couple of drinks and has a short temper.”

Very interesting! Thanks for the link and quotes.

Whatever one's position on OP, it is looking more and more like his upbringing and early family life was not the warm, supportive, encouraging environment either OP or his PR machine made it out to be.

In fact, exactly the opposite.

I tried posting this info about Henke at the beginning of the trial but the mods removed it. Apparently we are not permitted to discuss other members of the family. My view is that it gives an insight into genetic or learned traits in the family. I hope you are luckier.

No worries. I don't think it would have been televised, if he wasn't well-known, as these occurrences are so common place in SA, wrongly assuming family members etc are violent intruders. :-(

You're right, it probably wouldn't be televised if he wasn't well known, but he most certainly would would be on trial right now regardless.

I don't understand your opposition to it being televised. After all, you've been watching it yourself.

Oscar is charged with the deliberate murder of Reeva. If his story is fundamentally true he not only has a right to vigorously defend himself, he has a right to a degree of anger. If he was charged with accidentally shooting her, as others were, you might have a point.
Can you name one time/place/incident in this whole trial when Pistorius has manned up and accepted responsbility for anything? He's just p'ed off because his 'life has been put on hold'. Reeva Steenkamp's life has been terminated, not put on hold, and he doesn't even seem to think he should have to explain his actions.

Thanks.
Makes me wonder if Henke will voluntarily help out with the upcoming assessment.

Shoot (sorry), I can`t post to the previous thread anymore.

Just a reply/comment to 44ALLAN

This pic shows that the last bullets hit the panel next to the door handle, the panel that he broke down with the cricket bat and/or kicked it down, right? I did not mean that he tried to shoot the lock or even shot randomly at the door, but perhaps he was thinking about breaking the panel next to the door handle to get to the lock from inside.

http://newsnyork.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/X4bV265ZY8.jpg

Hope it`s clear now what I meant. :)

One could perhaps start with that impression, until you see just where those bullets were aimed on the inside, don't forget that entire toilet room was only about 4 feet square, with the actual toilet taking up much of the room.

Attachments

• door sequence2.jpg
    door sequence2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 20
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics