Judge's Order re: OP's Mental Health Eval

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP comes across very child like imo, probably why they support him, he's too itty-bitty cute to murder anyone. jmo :banghead:

I think for some that's the reason right there - while others can't conceive he'd risk everything - and a few feel he could have any woman he wanted (I'd argue that ;)) - so why not just break up with her?

People have quite literally been murdered for a couple of bucks in their pocket or the shoes they were wearing. In light of that, murdering someone to not endanger a career and sponsorships worth millions,
when one appears to believe they likely wouldn't even be charged, doesn't seem quite so far fetched.

Which reminds me - another poster who felt there was no motive challenged several weeks ago to find another case where a simple argument ended in murder. Many of us were gobsmacked since that likely describes nine out of ten murders. I deliberately tried to find a case that seemed ludicrous and wasn't disappointed. The first link was to a wife killed by her husband over a burnt dinner. Another man killed 5 people (wife, stepdaughter and 3 neighbours) after becoming upset over the way his wife made his eggs.

I kid you not.

Please pardon errors as posted via Tapatalk with a less than stellar user.

I think for some that's the reason right there - while others can't conceive he'd risk everything - and a few feel he could have any woman he wanted (I'd argue that ;)) - so why not just break up with her?

People have quite literally been murdered for a couple of bucks in their pocket or the shoes they were wearing. In light of that, murdering someone to not endanger a career and sponsorships worth millions,
when one appears to believe they likely wouldn't even be charged, doesn't seem quite so far fetched.

Which reminds me - another poster who felt there was no motive challenged several weeks ago to find another case where a simple argument ended in murder. Many of us were gobsmacked since that likely describes nine out of ten murders. I deliberately tried to find a case that seemed ludicrous and wasn't disappointed. The first link was to a wife killed by her husband over a burnt dinner. Another man killed 5 people (wife, stepdaughter and 3 neighbours) after becoming upset over the way his wife made his eggs.

I kid you not.

Well if you really like the yolks runny but the white set ...

Seriously though there are some very strange justifications out there for Oscar Pistorius. In addition to the ones you mention I saw one person try to argue that five hours wasn't long enough for an argument to reach murderous intensity. WTF.

I've gotten to the point with this trial where I believe that anyone still supporting OP's version with its chain of ludicrous events has blinkers firmly clamped on. For some I think it is playing devil's advocate (or just being contrary more like) whereas others are essentially Pistorians who try to disguise that under a veneer of 'just looking at the evidence', which always seem to involve more and more excuses for OP's behaviour in terms of that same evidence. The biggest red flag for me now is anyone criticising Nel's cross-examination of Pistorius. If those who say all they want is the truth were being truthful themselves they wouldn't be in the least bit offended or upset by OP, an admitted killer, being subjected to a few gruelling days in the witness box. JMO

The Denial gene is deeply bred into the Pistorius clan
Honestly, I don't think it's special to them. Rarely do we see a suspected murderer's family speaking out against their crime or advocating justice on a victim's behalf.

I think it takes a special and very rare strength to be able to reconcile someone you love may be capable of horrible things - far safer, psychologically, to remain in denial. I don't fault them for it at all...

But I do have overwhelming contempt for some of their statements - like comparing their loss of Reeva to the Steenkamps. No matter what happens to Oscar, they're not forced to speak to a headstone. Reeva's family will never again be able to speak to her, hold her, walk her down the aisle, see what kind of mother she may have been and so much more - there simply is no comparison and I find it rather distasteful (to put it mildly) anyone would ever propose one.

I kid you not.

Its highly probable that even Oscar cannot .. I mean really cannot now decipher actually why he murdered Reeva.. at the time, it must have seemed logical, even rational, even perhaps right .. 3 seconds later, not such a bright idea, hence the panic, the terror, the crazed babbling to Standar, Stipp etc..

Just as probable, he will never ever put into words what he felt that made him do what he did, discounting the entire ludicrous 'intruder ' yarn..

Its highly probable that even Oscar cannot .. I mean really cannot now decipher actually why he murdered Reeva.. at the time, it must have seemed logical, even rational, even perhaps right .. 3 seconds later, not such a bright idea, hence the panic, the terror, the crazed babbling to Standar, Stipp etc..

Just as probable, he will never ever put into words what he felt that made him do what he did, discounting the entire ludicrous 'intruder ' yarn..

.. and it's just possible that one of the reasons (apart from not wanting to spend the next 25 years in jail) that he doesn't want to admit to what he did or to tell the exact truth about what happened that night is because he in his own mind wants to save/protect Reeva's parents from the truth. I get the impression that OP tries to balance all the bad stuff that he does with something good in order to try and cancel it out, and also to make it appear that he is really doing these things for someone else's benefit and that he is being soooo thoughtful all the time :facepalm:

I wonder if oscar and Reeva had an argument with her new contract with Capacity Relations.
The company had worked out a plan for her so that she could make more money, to pay her bills and also to help out her parents, and for that she had to show commitment to market her brand. Something that would not please oscar very much, because she would be more in demand for her modelling than ever before.

.. and it's just possible that one of the reasons (apart from not wanting to spend the next 25 years in jail) that he doesn't want to admit to what he did or to tell the exact truth about what happened that night is because he in his own mind wants to save/protect Reeva's parents from the truth. I get the impression that OP tries to balance all the bad stuff that he does with something good in order to try and cancel it out, and also to make it appear that he is really doing these things for someone else's benefit and that he is being soooo thoughtful all the time :facepalm:

Gosh, in my wildest theororising, I NEVER considered Oscar giving June or Barry Steenkamp a seconds thought on that morning, or for long after... ( I don't take on board that scripted apology that was dead against June Steenkamps wishes, but did that stop Our Boy?? not a bit of it) and then it would be fear , embarrassment, or as he puts it, 'mortification'...

I am positive he doesn't want Henke, and Arthur to get a glimpse of his ratbaggery. And no one else at all. Maybe Justin Divaris.. who he seems to be inappropriately attached to.

I am just as convinced that Oscar materialised the ' intruder ' story, precisely because he knew his father would believe it, and back him on it. He and Dad don't get on , as Oscar says. but its London to a brick that Oscar wants Henke's backing to the max, he wants Papa's backing even if he never speaks to him again. . What he doesn't want is Henke calling him a fool in public. so Oscar will stick to this story till his dying day. long after Henke has gone.

Interesting in that Henke Pistorius obviously shoots from the hip. :facepalm:

Edit: The article also mentions OP gave Reeva mouth to mouth. Is that true?

This might be interesting. I can't read it as I've reached my 'ten free articles per month limit' so let me know if there's anything earth shattering won't you.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...va-Steenkamp-on-instinct-his-father-says.html

Hi Lithgow1,

Just had a read, seems like if you are a professional sportsman your first instinct is to shoot REALLY !!!! ???? Picture a lawn bowler blowing away somebody who moved the jack !!! Sorry couldn't help that. Thank you for your wonderful posts.

Gosh, in my wildest theororising, I NEVER considered Oscar giving June or Barry Steenkamp a seconds thought on that morning, or for long after... ( I don't take on board that scripted apology that was dead against June Steenkamps wishes, but did that stop Our Boy?? not a bit of it) and then it would be fear , embarrassment, or as he puts it, 'mortification'...

I am positive he doesn't want Henke, and Arthur to get a glimpse of his ratbaggery. And no one else at all. Maybe Justin Divaris.. who he seems to be inappropriately attached to.

I wasn't talking about 'that morning' .. I'm talking about ever since it happened. I'm also talking about my own experience of where my violent/abusive ex always used to counter every bad thing he ever did, with some sort of justification for doing so, i.e. usually that it was to 'help' someone (i.e me, his mother, someone else he may have ended up punching in the face, etc).

These types of people (again, using the example of my ex) are quite often mortified* by their own behaviour, and they will make up all sorts of excuses to justify it, and they will quite often use this thing of twisting something bad they have done around to being something good in an attempt to make themselves look like the good guy. Hence why I say that my impression is that OP is now trying to 'protect' Reeva's mother from the truth .. I sincerely think that he thinks, in his own warped mind, that he is doing the honourable thing.

* and that was a real slip up by OP there, using that word instead of something like 'devastated'

Oh, I see what you mean now .. that he is more concerned about his own family finding out what he is truly like as opposed to Reeva's .. hmm, dunno, I think it's probably about equal .. I don't think he want's *anyone* to know what he is really like or to think of him as the bad guy, and I do think that he is fairly keen to 'prove' to Reeva's mother (and to everyone else) that he is an 'honourable' man, but only for his own selfish reasons not because he really does have any concern for them or anyone else.

I wasn't talking about 'that morning' .. I'm talking about ever since it happened. I'm also talking about my own experience of where my violent/abusive ex always used to counter every bad thing he ever did, with some sort of justification for doing so, i.e. usually that it was to 'help' someone (i.e me, his mother, someone else he may have ended up punching in the face, etc).

These types of people (again, using the example of my ex) are quite often mortified by their own behaviour, and they will make up all sorts of excuses to justify it, and they will quite often use this thing of twisting something bad they have done around to being something good in an attempt to make themselves look like the good guy. Hence why I say that my impression is that OP is now trying to 'protect' Reeva's mother from the truth .. I sincerely think that he thinks, in his own warped mind, that he is doing the honourable thing.

I take on board your well thought out point, Jay!..

I'll add it on to the raft of reasons Oscar is sticking to this story.. how I see it, is for years, Oscar has been able to take the high road with Henke. Henke is irresponsible, a bad father, ( all in his testimony via him and his Psychiatrist) . Henke is this, Henke is that... and all of it appears a reasonable position... but now Oscar is the fool, and he I don't think is going to give up that high ground he once had, re Henke and his irresponsibility and all round repulsive behaviour ... no way. .. as long as he sticks to his story.

* and that was a real slip up by OP there, using that word instead of something like 'devastated'

snipped for brevity by me

ha.. that word was so inappropriate, yet.. its a classic Freudian slip there. he really is, above all, and beyond all other emotions, actually mortified. Above devastation, grief, remorse.. he really is, most of all, mortified.

He was mortified , alrighty.. Mortified that he was on the receiving end of a justified accusation and investigation by the one organisation he had such contempt for, the SAPS.. mortified that his private life was exposed, mortified that he was in such deep *advertiser censored* that Henke would turn his back on him again , mortified that Arthur would have to stump up funds, after chipping in for Carl, mortified among his gun totin' shootin' friends that he had made a murdering blithering idiot of himself yet again with a gun, mortified that the enemy, W.O. Botha was wandering thru his house at will, shouting orders at him, mortified that he would actually have to account for his actions in a court of law, because up until then, it was Oscar who took people and organisations to court, ( Caassidy Merony-Taylor, the SA Olympic commiitte, the World Olympic Committee, etc )and trounced them and now .. he is in the mortifying position of being on the rough end of the pineapple..

snipped for brevity by me

ha.. that word was so inappropriate, yet.. its a classic Freudian slip there. he really is, above all, and beyond all other emotions, actually mortified. Above devastation, grief, remorse..
he really is, most of all, mortified.
BBM - And let's not forget he was "saddened" when he discovered he'd blown Reeva's brains out.

Hello all - lovely day here in Cape Town, South Africa. :)
Took me a while to find this new thread, all new to me.
How are we all today?

Originally Posted by Dphil

"Personally I hope they bring the witness who's dog OP shot. I can't imagine doing that to a living creature and this is something HE has admitted to in the past."

OMW! Shocking and disgusting, Dphil - got a link to this?? (hope you are doing good today btw) :) :) :)

BBM - And let's not forget he was "saddened" when he discovered he'd blown Reeva's brains out.

Yep .. now if you think of what Bob Geldolf said just after the death of his daughter Peaches a few weeks ago "We are beyond grief" .. there is quite a difference. I know that not everyone is so good with words, but 'saddened' is really quite stunning.

Hello all - lovely day here in Cape Town, South Africa. :)
Took me a while to find this new thread, all new to me.
How are we all today?

Originally Posted by Dphil

"Personally I hope they bring the witness who's dog OP shot. I can't imagine doing that to a living creature and this is something HE has admitted to in the past."

OMW! Shocking and disgusting, Dphil - got a link to this?? (hope you are doing good today btw) :) :) :)

Morning BGK :seeya:

.. once again, I think this is one of those really quite distasteful things that he did, but in his own mind he did it to 'help' the dog. He had run it over in the first place, but how many of us could just go out and shot an animal dead like that in order to 'help' it? We would be more likely to try and rush it straight to a vet. It might well be the case that 'putting it out of it's misery' there and then is more kind from the perspective of the animal itself, but it's not a normal human reaction (imo).

ETA: .. forgot to say that all of this was done in front of the dog owner, and without their consent, apparently.

Morning BGK :seeya:

.. once again, I think this is one of those really quite distasteful things that he did, but in his own mind he did it to 'help' the dog. He had run it over in the first place, but how many of us could just go out and shot an animal dead like that in order to 'help' it? We would be more likely to try and rush it straight to a vet. It might well be the case that 'putting it out of it's misery' there and then is more kind from the perspective of the animal itself, but it's not a normal human reaction (imo).

ETA: .. forgot to say that all of this was done in front of the dog owner, and without their consent, apparently.

I wonder if it really happened.. .. the abnormal thing about it is, that Oscar thought it was quite normal to drop this little tale of what he thinks is normal conversation, normal wherein he really thinks he is displaying himself as Oscar The Great White Do-Gooder. But the listener to that story was struck by the oddness of it, its place in context and its absence of meaning.

Probably Oscar bigging himself up again. As he genuinely thinks he does, .. like the washing machine story.. All these stories take place without a skerrick of verification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megan phillips lynch