Juror questions for Alyce LaViolette: what is your opinion?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Based on the questions asked by the Jury of Alyce LaViolette how are you feeling?

• They are paying attention and completely get the state's case

Votes: 349 68.3%
  • They get it for the most part

Votes: 103 20.2%
  • They kind of get it: but I am still nervous

Votes: 43 8.4%
  • They are not buying the state's case and they benefit the defense

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • Not sure/other

Votes: 9 1.8%

• Total voters
I have no idea what she's personally claiming. Media is making the claim. In news sites around the world. Just have a look at her Amazon account. It's sick and disgusting.

Also looking at this thread.... lets see... ALV is apparently a man-hating Lesbian, ugly, balding, finished, worth nothing, greedy, scheming, liar, doesn't deserve basic human respect, etc.

How is that an opinion on her testimony???? How is that even a legit opinion on anyone - stranger or otherwise?

EDIT:
Below is a link to an article on the mobbing, harrassment and bullying of Alyce, by a psychologist who disagreed with her testimony entirely (and entirely disagrees with the harrassment).

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/beyond-bullying/201304/the-mobbing-alyce-laviolette

Here are some general articles on the harassment and what some (including a judge) is calling witness intimidation:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/04/11/jodi-arias-trial/2073067/

---sorry--- broken link

Both articles are crap (my opinion) and taken out of context:

USA Today:

1) First the USA Today article said she held her own--she did not. Instead of testifying she tried to take on Martinez, put him in "time-out" and got buried.

2) She lied about whether she had testified for a man.

3) The outrage came from a lot of women who were real victims of domestic violence.

4) I don't believe anyone stalked her at dinner---the guy who took the pic looked like he was on a cell-phone eating dinner. Who knows if he just happened to be there.

5) How is there witness intimidation? People are stating their opinion online as they have EVERY OTHER WITNESS.

6) Arizona Republic has it right, people are expressing their views.

7) I believe she went to the Hospital on the Sunday immediately after being questioned by Martinez for 1-hour on a Friday. Which would be long before the "cyber-stalking" if true.

8) I think she contributed to destroying her own reputation.

---------------------

Psychology Today Article was a mess as well in my opinion.

1. I agree with the first thought in the article, "I have expressed grave doubt that Ms. LaViolette is sufficiently qualified and able to objectively assess domestic abuse, much less treat its victims and perpetrators."

2. I agree with it is "legitimate to critique her for her actual statements and publications".

3. I also agree she should not be denigrated for looks, age, sexual orientation, weight, etc.

4. I also agree with, "she should be prepared to face criticism for these views just like any other professional claiming expertise on a topic."

2. HOWEVER: The Author says-- (Issue changed) from 'reasonable and necessary critique to the wholesale demonization of Ms. LaViolette'. This is untrue:

A. There was no "rumored speech or actions" it was self-evident to watch in my opinion.
B. There was no "gossips or exaggerations' in my opinion.
C. There was no "fabricated details" in my opinion.
D. Facebook accounts were created by some to critique her, but her followers also created Facebook accounts to defend her. (Free Speech)
E. Disagree on the freedom of speech and the petition. If people view someone as dangerous or extremely biased and it hurts others and other believe they are there for different treatment, they have a right to voice concerns to that operation, as it happens with many companies and complaints about individuals. For instance, Tiger Woods or Fuzzy Zoeller being called out for their actions.
F. "Far better for professional papers to critique her?" I believe ALV said she decides what gets put in and out of these pubs regarding domestic violence.
G. Again I believe the hospital trip came on a Sunday after Martinez had just one hour with her on the stand on a Friday. How do we know it wasn't in anticipation of more grilling by Martinez coming up?

Judging by her resume - Alyce LaViollette is closing on 70 years old. So whatever fantasies people have of destroying her career are just that.

Everyone IS entitled to their opinion.

But does that include verbally bullying a woman because she said something you don't agree with?

Ms LaViollette is a brilliant author (I'm reading her book right now - and it's very, very balanced), a woman who has spent her entire life fighting to advance awareness of domestic violence. She's been consulted by legislators and educational institutes all over the world - and prosecutors.

If you choose to believe that she was biased in her opinion on this case - that's fine. If you don't like the way she interpreted the information given her, that's fine. If you think she was wrong, that's fine.

But how does that justify comments like: "her whole career should go down the toilet, she's a liar, she's a schemer, etc" basically a whole volley of unbelievable hatred pouring out all over this thread and the internet.

There are plenty of opinions on this forum I don't personally like. But - believe me - I am not going to stalk those people, I'm not going to blindly hate who they are and I'm certainly not going to try and derail their career or subject them to online bullying.

Shouldn't this woman be given the same basic, human respect?

I think the whole Alyce thing is VASTLY overblown. As you say, she's at the end of her "career" and cares not at all, or should not, what the enflamed masses think about her testimony (personal legitimate threats are another issue, imo). The number of people who really give a carp about how supposedly damaging her testimony was to "true victims" is relatively tiny. It seems like a lot since they're all travelling in the same circles and focused on each others' opinions, but it's like .000000001 of the population. I'm a true victim and I still think she's righteous -- even though I'm not near 70, not a man hater, not a Jodi lover, not a feminist and not a lesbian lol

Imo, she's got the number of that relationship in spades.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back