Kaine attends 3 hours of meetings at sheriff's office

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If the court appearance scheduled for today had already been cancelled by Tuesday, then I do wonder what the meeting was about as I assumed it had to do with that.

As far as searching for Kyron, they were pretty clear weeks ago that searches would only take place as a reuslt of specific tips, so I am assuming they have not received any they deem to be credible if they have not been searching.

Everyone knew everyone; maybe not the best of friends, but we knew who lived in our neighborhood for blocks and blocks around and we watched out for each other. I remember taking my kids back to where I grew up. The same people were still living there, just up in years and minus their kids. I took my 5 year old daughter trick-or-treating, and the old guy around the corner was sitting in his yard, handing out big beautiful apples to all the kids.

I was horrified when DD started going off about poison and razor blades (echoing what she'd been warned of in school). I tried to tell her that I'd known this man since I was a little girl, but he just called her over and told her this incredibly detailed story about how he'd gone all the way to NC to pick this perfect apple for such a sweet little girl. We were both enthralled listening to him, and in the end she did accept his apple. Nowadays, that poor old man would probably be up on charges =\

I grew up in a place like this, where everyone knew everyone else and all the mothers watched out for all the kids in the neighborhood. Someone harming a child was the farthest thing from everyone's mind. At Halloween - homemade candy apples and popcorn balls were made and handed out to trick or treaters. :)

Well it is still not that common, in my opinion, that people are busy poisoning Halloween candy; we are just a much more paranoid society. If one incident of anything occurs, it causes a panic, to some degree.

Perhaps Kaine didn't need an attorney at all maybe just maybe the 3 hr meetings were to go over some pertinent information LE learned through bugs possibly placed in the home while Terri was there.:waitasec:

It's very likely that the three-hour meeting was only to update Kaine on searches, and asking questions in hopes of finding some small overlooked detail that would help in the search for Kyron. Brainstorming the known vs the unknown.

Update on what searches? Have there been any?

Not specifically searches, as in physically searching for Kyron, but searches as it pertains to LE..........their investigation/search of evidence. Perhaps I should have used the word, "investigation" rather than search. :)

This lengthy meeting, along with Kaine's sad visit to the Wall of Hope yesterday and the withdrawal of request for additional funding for the case may be adding up to something very heartbreaking. Kyron needs to come home, but if this possibly indicates he's been found, I'm afraid it would obviously mean the worst. :(

I think the key words in his statement are "working to"...
He didn't say they HAVE completed it, or that it was over yet.
Just out of curiosity... which word would be more comfortable? Solve? End? Close? Whatever... that's their goal and what they are working towards.
I take it as they are getting close to making an arrest. At least that is what I hope it means.

Again, I realize that he did not use the past tense of the word "complete", I think the fault I find with the word (as others did) is that we do not have Kyron back and as far as we knew then, TMH isn't giving up the information that those close in the family think she holds. So without either of those, I felt the word "complete" was wrong to use. You asked what word I'd use to soothe your curiosity and I would choose the word "continue" and use it like this: "We continue to thoroughly work this investigation."

Sorry but the words you chose (highlighted above) seem to be very close in meaning to the word he used.

Like you, I also hope they are getting close to an arrest. And of course, by now, there may be more results that we are about to find out.

Kyron needs to be home. His family needs him home.

Well I think we can guess at why he was with LE for 3 hours now...with all of the stuff about Terri's friends coming out. And if they found nothing to help them find Kyron, it would explain Kaine's seemingly sadder demeanor.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sachivcochin
Back