KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It kind of makes me chuckle when posters (mainly on that social media site) think that the jury should not have included people in their 50's and 60's since they would be to out of touch with younger people and the sex talk and texting etc. Obviously these younger ones do not know their history of about Flower Power and Love In's and the whole 60's revolution. It's not like all the hippee's of the 60's got beamed to Mars. They became accountants and CEO's and mothers and fathers and grandparents and executives and plumbers and ups drivers and retired people and well.....Sex and all that goes with it has been around for a long time!

I actually posted something like this on the sidebar in the early morning hours.
BUT, I did not mean older people did not get the sex stuff, I meant that in relation to social media these days they might not understand some of the terminology.
Specifically,to me, when Travis was speaking on IM to his friend (I forgot her name) and saying "Jodi is probably watching now, LOL". ALV took that LOL and made it seem not serious. Since I spent a lot of time in IM back in the day, I understood he was serious about her stalking, but just being jokey about it in IM. I also think the "rape" reference to the tree fantasy probably made a lot of people on that jury blanche, but to me it was just "sex talk".
I am gonna drag that post here (I think that will be ok?)-

After watching some interviews and reading some of the posts here I have come to the conclusion that the "jury of peers" qualification needs to be reworked.
This guy is 69 years old. Some people that age probably are more in the know, but it seems like this guy rolls on the old fashioned train. I think he was seeing more than JA, I think he was seeing his daughter, a grandaughter, niece, etc.

Does anyone think if they limited ages of juries to try and match defendants that things might be different?
Imagine a group of 25-35 years olds judging her. They would "get" the phone sex, the texts, the emails. The talk of the "rape" tied to the tree would not be as shocking, it was fantasy talk, that is all.
They would understand the concept of Travis' IM where he is pretending to "talk" to the Jodi who is peeping in (not take it as LITERAL because Jodi could not have really been seeing it and dismiss it being a joke because of the "LOL"). I understood it, he was joking about her stalking, but dangit he was also SERIOUS. Can someone 2-3 generations removed grasp it?
Please, no one be offended by this either. I know a lot of older people are right up to speed on this kind of stuff also. But I will go out on a limb and say many are not (thinking of my Dad, my Gramma. On the other hand my Mom WOULD get it). And also most sleuthers don't count because it is an entirely different breed. Not sucking up, but you all invest in knowing about people like Jodi, you get it.
I don't know. Just picturing 12 ladies and gents of around JAs age, possibly some having been through a stalker themselves and understanding how much social media has helped the modern stalker become 10 times the monster it used to be.

Do you all get what I am saying? Or am I just overtired and thinking too much on this?

Does that make sense? Again, not sure if I am overthinking this... :facepalm:

I am at lost trying to find things. I see lots of post have been pulled. Anyway, where can I find the nicknames for the jurors? Just curious. Thank you so much.

I figured out the comment thing...I'm approving comments I guess which was kinda good, at least for now, as one troll slipped through. and they have a one click "trash" feature...awesome. :rockon:

Thanks for the love guys...I'll figure it out as time goes on.

Dang that was fast :scared:

I bookmarked your blog, I have such a huge list to go through related to things I found on WS. I also have your twitter bookmarked so I can check in with KCL :seeya:
Congrats on the Launch!

...Ok, just read. Well Done KCL, looking forward to more.

I am at lost trying to find things. I see lots of post have been pulled. Anyway, where can I find the nicknames for the jurors? Just curious. Thank you so much.

I just posted this in another thread. "Could someone help me find the juror descriptions? I think one of the court room observers used to have a link to it in their sig. Thanks" Hope someone here can help.

I left a comment as well. It is pending. I think you will have to approve all the comments. I'm guessing that when you get to know people you won't have to be so persnickity (love that word). However, til you learn who is who, you will have to review everything so you only get what you want on there.

It is there Tesstruhart. I had to do a bit of searching before I found our comments, but eventually they popped up. Not sure I can do it again, though.

It is there Tesstruhart. I had to do a bit of searching before I found our comments, but eventually they popped up. Not sure I can do it again, though.

Yes, just click on her blog address. After KCL posting is a little comments word, click on it.

One click trash feature!! I love it! It conjures up the image of a drop floor... ;-)

I was looking for it too. Wilmont kept objecting during his closing breaking his flow and impact. I honestly thought Wilmont had a much stronger closing. She wanted the jurors to believe that since Jodi was already convicted of murder1, that was sufficient punishment. "You convicted her, you did your job, etc." She wanted them to ignore the aggravating factors and throw everything out the window that they learned the past 5 months. It was as if this part of the trial was in an alternate universe.

If that is what Wlmott wanted, that is surely what she received. I cannot help but wonder though if she is sorry she won since she is still tied to Jodi for the retrial of the penalty phase. I bet Nurmi is a very unhappy camper right now. Oh well. Life is tough when you represent scum.

It kind of makes me chuckle when posters (mainly on that social media site) think that the jury should not have included people in their 50's and 60's since they would be to out of touch with younger people and the sex talk and texting etc. Obviously these younger ones do not know their history of about Flower Power and Love In's and the whole 60's revolution. It's not like all the hippee's of the 60's got beamed to Mars. They became accountants and CEO's and mothers and fathers and grandparents and executives and plumbers and ups drivers and retired people and well.....Sex and all that goes with it has been around for a long time!

I can attest to knowing about the 70's and wish I could go back! One thing I feel some older folks may not realize, or fully understand, is how much communication actually takes place via text or twitter. IF Travis and Jodi did have 80,000 texts, emails and im's well, that's huge. (I never heard this brought up at the trial) For the Re-Do I hope Juan brings it up in case the new jurors somehow misconstrue the May 26 text as "common" for Travis.

I can attest to knowing about the 70's and wish I could go back! One thing I feel some older folks may not realize, or fully understand, is how much communication actually takes place via text or twitter. IF Travis and Jodi did have 80,000 texts, emails and im's well, that's huge. (I never heard this brought up at the trial) For the Re-Do I hope Juan brings it up in case the new jurors somehow misconstrue the May 26 text as "common" for Travis.

Something I still wonder about and question. Why didn't JM introduce Travis's diaries into evidence somehow? Skye Hughes had them and had to show them to the court and to defense. I wonder if the defense wanted them introduced but JM fought it. They were never mentioned again. I think there are several things that were left out of this trial. The only real thing that it came down to for me is that Jodi slaughtered him and finally admitted it. She could have left him alone and separated from the situation altogether if he wasn't what she thought him to be. But she pursued him and planned the killing. That is all I really have to know. She will spend her life in prison and at least two years in solitary confinement.

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 22m

I'm sitting with #JodiArias juror number six and she's willing to take a question from you. What do you have? #TravisAlexander
Expand
Shay Shay ‏@espy25 17m

@chriswnews @CdnBeachBum How did she vote in the penalty phase & why?
Expand

Chris Williams Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 5m

Death @espy25 @CdnBeachBum felt #JodiArias aggravators outweighed mitigators

Chris Williams ‏@chriswnews 9s

Now editting EXCLUSIVE 1 on 1 interview w/ #JodiArias juror 6 you'll see @ 10 on @12news & later on @azcentral. #TravisAlexander

I think she got lucky this time around! I truly believe justice will prevail!

I don't know that she won't get lucky next time around it will be much harder to find a jury and this next jury won't have as much background as the last one. But that might be good or bad.

It does seem like she got super lucky with having this foreman and not having the one alternate and 3 dismissed jurors on the deliberating jury.

I keep thinking in my head if only, if only a different set of jurors were on the deliberating jury we would have certainly had a different outcome. Le sigh.

I don't know that she won't get lucky next time around it will be much harder to find a jury and this next jury won't have as much background as the last one. But that might be good or bad.

It does seem like she got super lucky with having this foreman and not having the one alternate and 3 dismissed jurors on the deliberating jury.

I keep thinking in my head if only, if only a different set of jurors were on the deliberating jury we would have certainly had a different outcome. Le sigh.

Personally I am troubled by many of the foreman's comments and looking forward to hearing from the alternate juror on Tuesday's Dr. Drew show.

Personally I am troubled by many of the foreman's comments and looking forward to hearing from the alternate juror on Tuesday's Dr. Drew show.

Me too Dawn and ditto on alternate interview.

Don't know if you have seen where JUROR #6 will do interview with Chris Williams of channel 12 in Phoenix. I don't have a link but I think Polley(?) does, just in case here is Juror #6 WS's description...

Juror #6.Nancy-Lady in her 50's, lovely face, reminds me of Nancy Reagan with glasses, short sassy haircut.
I called her Spikey Hair. Anita's description is better. She was the only one I saw look at Jodi when the jury first walked in. She took a lot of notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela