KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your kind words, my mom is 72 and appears to have the same hobbies and interests.
This trial is keeping her mind a little busy, she is in love with Juan!

your mom sounds a lot like mine. i lost my mom to cancer in '95. one of the last fun things we did together was watch the OJ trial. she loved a good trial!! the first one we ever watched together was robert kennedy smith. that might have been the first televised trial. i can't be positive of that but i remember it well. i was in a terrible accident and she moved in with me for 6 months. we passed the time watching that trial. she was a pistol. i'm sure your mom is too.

:seeya:

i looked at that forum but i'm overwhelmed. when you can link me, i'd sure appreciate it. i wasn't here for that trial. i love AZ lawyer and would sure like to read all about this! thanks. just whenever you get a chance, beach!!! TIA!

I bumped 3 threads that I found real quick until I can get home, which may be quite a bit later. :)

On the Computer Forensics thread, start at the end and work your way back. Fantastic sleuthing thread but has about 3 years worth of posts.

your mom sounds a lot like mine. i lost my mom to cancer in '95. one of the last fun things we did together was watch the OJ trial. she loved a good trial!! the first one we ever watched together was robert kennedy smith. that might have been the first televised trial. i can't be positive of that but i remember it well. i was in a terrible accident and she moved in with me for 6 months. we passed the time watching that trial. she was a pistol. i'm sure your mom is too.

:seeya:

I am so Sorry to hear about your mom....
we watched it too, I was on bed rest,premature labor, in Dallas away from home and we talked all day. Lol.
My mom had the nickname Digger Odell after an ghastly gravedigger or something....lol....
she loves all this stuff, we have to chase down fire trucks, she has a police scanner....you get the picture....

Also, check the News thread around the dates in those posts. Probably some videos linked there if you have trouble locating the interviews.

I think Jodi's best chance to save herself would be to show EXTREME remorse.

And yet she REFUSES to do so. It's not just that she's not sorry -- she won't even PRETEND to be sorry, even though she has pretended (i.e., lied) SO many other things in an effort to further her defense. But sorry? Nope. I don't think she even comprehends how to PRETEND to be sorry. It's mind boggling, frankly.

I wonder if she thinks that by saying she's sorry, it would weaken her claim that he was abusive.

Good idea!

I've sent a message to a mod to ask if I can be sent the text from the post in the other thread (if I try to copy and paste it, the videos and links disappear).
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SIDEBAR #6- Arias/Alexander forum

Other information to add:
"Maureen" is Marilou Allen-Coogan and "Wrestler" is Kevin Spellman.

Fruity, Bessie forwarded me your request. I'll hook you up as soon as I finish up the family cookout and get home.

Beth Karas addressed this very issue after one of the TH's mentioned that it was reversible error. Beth said that what JM said was exactly what was on the juror questionnaire, so she did not think it would amount to reversible error. Also, she said the law has changed since Arias got arrested. So, the law that existed in 2008 would apply to Arias, not the new one. I am not an Arizona lawyer, I haven't read the cases or statutes, just reporting what I heard.
I agree, and no reflection on anyone else's opinion or disrespect intended, but JM has had a lot of practice explaining what life vs natural life means to a jury.

Here's how the sample Capital Case Verdict Form, AZ State Bar 2011, reads (BBM):

We, the jury, empanelled and sworn in the above-entitled cause, do upon our oaths unanimously find, having considered all of the facts and circumstances of this case, that the Defendant should be sentenced to:

[ ] “LIFE”
(In which case the Defendant shall be sentenced to life imprisonment with or without the possibility of release)
[ ] “DEATH”
(In which case the Defendant shall be sentenced to death)

I'm now wondering if perhaps the foreman and MK know each other?

Also who lets the media in their house all night? Weird.

Beth Karas addressed this very issue after one of the TH's mentioned that it was reversible error. Beth said that what JM said was exactly what was on the juror questionnaire, so she did not think it would amount to reversible error. Also, she said the law has changed since Arias got arrested. So, the law that existed in 2008 would apply to Arias, not the new one. I am not an Arizona lawyer, I haven't read the cases or statutes, just reporting what I heard.

I talked to Beth today on the phone as she was literally sitting on the plane waiting for take off. She was in an exit row and yes she did set down the phone so I could partake in the "exit row instructions". :floorlaugh:

Anyway, she has such an open mind. I discussed with her my talk with AZLawyer last night and guess what? She wants to talk with her. So, there's that. ;)

AZLawyer has been a dogged researcher in the DP appeals process in her career so this is really her thing. I trust her more than anybody (and everybody knows how I worship at the Church of BK) on this.

I'm now wondering if perhaps the foreman and MK know each other?

Also who lets the media in their house all night? Weird.

Someone who really thinks they have a story to tell and who wants to get it out there.

:welcome4:
CowWave (2).gif

I had missed this earlier, but when I was searching for juror interviews (very interested in their thoughts), I ran across this interview from April with Juror #5, who said it was a joke when Richard Samuels was on the stand (apparently her laughter heard in the hallway when they were going to lunch and a reference to the expert's $300 per hour fee.)

Jodi Arias Trial: Juror 5 Meliha Omanovic says she was booted because of a joke - YouTube

(Sorry if this has been posted before.)

Definitely write a book KatieCL! I'll buy it, even if it is about how to manage 16 things at once (since you are obviously a pro!) :seeya:

I am professionally disorganized and have the house/laundry/piles of everything to prove it. But I can manage to get myself where I want to be, most of the time. :please:

I talked to Beth today on the phone as she was literally sitting on the plane waiting for take off. She was in an exit row and yes she did set down the phone so I could partake in the "exit row instructions". :floorlaugh:

Anyway, she has such an open mind. I discussed with her my talk with AZLawyer last night and guess what? She wants to talk with her. So, there's that. ;)

AZLawyer has been a dogged researcher in the DP appeals process in her career so this is really her thing. I trust her more than anybody (and everybody knows how I worship at the Church of BK) on this.

Hearing from the horse's mouth, (you Katie), the Beth is embarking on a plane and leaving Arizona really bums me out. Its like the last curtain going down....I'll miss seeing her every day with her updates.

I wonder! She got emotional (for the alexander family I think ) there at the end. I bet that bothered the DT and Jodie.

someone else posted that the judge got emotional for JODI at the end there- and that she was sympathetic to JODI. i'm not sure what I think.

someone else posted that the judge got emotional for JODI at the end there- and that she was sympathetic to JODI. i'm not sure what I think.

If that was the case she would have been happier that she DIDNT get the dp it doesn't make sense does it?

Hearing from the horse's mouth, (you Katie), the Beth is embarking on a plane and leaving Arizona really bums me out. Its like the last curtain going down....I'll miss seeing her every day with her updates.

I hear ya. :( I feel ok sharing she told me her last day with HLN is June 4. BUT she has new exciting plans in the works. Not the last we've seen of her that's for sure. :seeya:

I seriously seriously seriously and SERIOUSLY as in seriously doubt that.

As in H E double chopsticks no, not in a million years.

I've heard some descriptions of some of those in chambers meetings and imo, no sympathy there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper