KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had never heard of totems before I read some posts here, so I looked up the dove because since I was a young child I've heard a dove singing to me, especially during times I felt very close to God and in times of great sadness.

I found this tidbit: " Those with Dove as a totem often do seem to find that the number 7 appears for them frequently and has great significance and meaning."

Well, my birthday is 7/7/70
I turned 7 on 7/7/77
I was born when my parents were married 7 years & 7 months
I was born 7 days after my Mom's birthday

I love how everything is connected--we are all sisters! That's why I loved Juan's reference to John Donne & how every death diminishes us.

I also wanted to add that one of my favorite movies is "Coal Miner's Daughter" & the scene where Loretta Lynn's husband is walking down a hill and calling her name & waving--she sees her beloved father waving his lunch pail & yelling for her just like he did in her childhood. When she sees that it's really her husband, he tells her that her dad had died.

That scene always makes me cry!

My youngest daughter passed when she was 27 years old. We don't know if the overdose (on prescribed meds) was intentional or accidental. We had so many encounters.....one time I was driving in the car and I was flipping radio stations....every station was playing the same song, The Calling, Wherever You Will Go. I felt her presence in the car sitting next to me in the passenger seat. I was no stranger to "visits" as my first one was my grandmother after she passed, when I was a young teen. This was one in many times I felt Tara near me.

I have two other daughters, one who was very close to T and one who was a little judgmental and not so close. The one who was not close told me that Tara was visiting her dreams constantly. She could see Tara in the distance, sitting with a young man and talking. About the same time, I read a book by George Anderson, Walking In The Garden of Souls. Mr. Anderson said that when a person completes suicide, when they pass they are greeted by small animals at first, such as rabbits, because they are too damaged to start to deal with what happened here. Later they go into one on one counseling of a sort where they come to terms with missteps here on earth. My daughter was shocked as she felt that was exactly what she was seeing in her dreams! It gave us all a lot of peace during a VERY difficult time. I think I am here to learn patience and forgiveness and Tara was all about teaching those things to me and I cannot wait to see her again....we will both say "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ABOUT"!! lol

My mother had a difficult life and died at the age of 51. We knew she was very ill for a long time, but neither her doctors nor the hospital staff would tell us she was dying. We were told she was sleeping when she was in a coma. Her death was a big shock to me.

I'd visited her on a Friday evening, and she was awake for the first time in weeks. The nurse brought her dinner and she finished everything on her plate. We chatted for a while and I got up to leave. She asked me to stay longer. I explained I had to attend a parade with my drill team the next morning and needed to get some rest. I told her I'd see her on Sunday. I never saw her again, she died early Sunday morning. I can't begin to tell you the guilt I felt for a very long time.

A couple of years later, I was awakened suddenly by a figure standing next to my bed. It was surrounded by a bright white light with sparks emanating from it and zapping electrical-type sounds. I knew it was my mother although I could not see her face. It was hidden inside a white Spanish shawl I had given her a couple of years earlier. I had brought it to the funeral home to cover her arms, which were riddled with IV marks and bruises from her illness. I asked she be buried with it, to give her comfort in the next life.

After a few moments, the figure glided off behind the open door to my bedroom and I got out of bed to see it there. It was gone.

I always thought that my mother was angry for not staying longer for that last visit and I still felt guilty.

Many years later, I made a new friend. It's not easy for me to make friends, I'm very shy in some ways and am not good at it. I met this lady while visiting her daughter. As I was getting ready to leave, I spoke with her in a way I never knew I could, it was magical for me to make such a personal connection. Today, we call each other sister.

Well, the second time I met her, she made a strange comment to me. She said that she saw my mother and that her back was to me. She said my mother wanted to apologize to me and ask me forgiveness for what she had done to me as I was growing up. This was so strange to me! How did this woman know that my mother had put all her burdens and responsibilities on me at a young age?

Well, it turned out that my friend was a practicing psychic. I told her about the disturbing appearance my mother had made many years before. She explained that my mother was in a good place and the sparks that made the noise indicated she was in distress for me. She wasn't angry with me at all. She wanted to mend fences with me.

I thought about that for a long time. Finally, one lovely evening, I sat out one the porch and relaxed with a glass or two of wine and went through all the good times and the bad times I had growing up. Finally, I said out loud, Mom, I forgive you, can you forgive me? In my mind, I kept repeating that, like a mantra. All of a sudden, I felt her presence. I knew we had finally made our peace.

For anybody interested:

Just saw this on Twitter

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m
Exclusive Today! Live twinterview with @tarakelley320 the juror that asked "Why should we believe you now?" Don't miss it! 2pm PDT

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 2m
We have setup the WAT courtroom where you can chat along with other viewers and also watch the tweets below. http://wildabouttrial.com/wat-courtroom.html …

ANGELB~16677.GIF

my stepdad passed away very unexpectedly almost two years ago. We held his memorial service at the cider mill where he worked every fall since retiring from his full-time job. He took a job at the cider mill, not because he needed to work, but because of how much he enjoyed being outdoors (especially in the fall) and interacting with all of the schoolchildren who he would take on hayrides throughout the orchard grounds every day. His sweet, easygoing nature endeared him to everyone he met. People who visited the cider mill where he worked would remember him from season to season, and his co-workers there adored him, too. Every evening, before leaving the orchard, he would take his tractor around the grounds one last time, to see if he might catch a glimpse of a deer in the fields or along the shore of the pond on the property. We held his memorial service there on a sunny june afternoon, with family, friends, his co-workers, and the orchard owner all attending. We gathered at the main building on the property. Once everyone arrived, we boarded a string of hay trailers, and a tractor driver pulled us out to the pond for the service, slowly winding us through the most scenic areas of the orchard along the way. As we rode along, we shared hugs, great memories and we shed many tears. In memory of my stepdad and his love of evening deer-watching, the orchard owner suggested that we keep our eyes out for any deer that we might see along the route. Though we thought it would be highly unlikely to see any in the midst of this very warm, sunny summer afternoon, we watched for deer nevertheless. About halfway into our ride, one of my nieces spotted something moving across the field, and she excitedly alerted the rest of us. As we looked in the direction she was pointing, we saw a single, full-grown doe walking across the field, calmly, and somewhat toward us. When the doe saw us, instead of running off right away as deer usually do, she stood perfectly still for moment, watching us as we passed by. She did not dash off until the last of our trailers had passed her by. Every one of us burst into joyful tears at that moment, for we all realized that was no ordinary deer, but the spirit of our beloved father, step-father, husband, grandad and friend. In that moment, we realized that he was with us still.

Thinking about what happened that day still warms our hearts and gives us comfort.

A large framed photo of my stepdad, smiling, wearing his sunglasses and cowboy hat and sitting on his tractor, is still prominently displayed in the main building of this cider mill, for all who may stop by for a visit on a crisp fall afternoon. His co-workers say the place isn't the same without him, but we all know his sprit lives on.

Thanks so much for letting me share.

HugsKisses.gif

when i was a child i loved my grandma, but thought of her "just as grandma". Not disrespectfully, but as my relative who made the foods i never had anywhere else (she came over from germany thru ellis island when she was six) and gave "sensible" gifts. Thankfully, i was lucky enough to have her in my life until i was 40!

When i was a young adult my grandpa died after a relatively short but painful health problem. That got us talking on a new level and brought us closer.

As a mom of toddlers with a husband who worked the 3-11pm shift, she would have me and the kids over for dinner (or we would meet for dinner) at least once a week. It got us involved in each other's life in a more intimate level. We became very, very close and i could tell her anything. She was wonderful in tough situations - telling me the truth, even if that really what i wanted to hear (!), but always accepting and loving.

She was still working and mowing her own acre lawn at 79 when she broke a vertebrae in her back. That led to hospitalization and then rehab to gain her strength back. I would see her daily and we would continue our talks about her life, our family, what things were like for her as an immigrant, our faith, etc.

She knew how close we were and how devastated i would be if she died. She gently but firmly brought it up until we were able to talk about it.

While in the rehab she got pneumonia. Things were looking really bad the last two days. My mom was out of town and i kept in touch with her. On the second morning i told her she needed to return from her trip. I knew grandma wouldn't make it much longer.
I stayed with grandma non-stop those last days. I kept praying that god would not take her when i was in the room, that he would wait until my mom returned. I just didn't think there was any way on earth i would survive that kind of pain.
She wasn't able to speak or even let me know she heard me, but i sat by her bed holding her hand, reminding her of all who loved her, recalling fun times and favorite memories, etc. That second afternoon she really began to struggle. She was having a hard time breathing and was clearly in pain. I made sure she got meds to be comfortable and climbed into bed with her. I rubbed her hair or hand and spoke quietly to her. My mom arrived but i did not leave the room as i had planned. In a moment of clarity it came to me. She was fighting to stay for me. I believe that with all my heart. She knew it would break my heart and was trying to delay it. So i did what i thought i would never be able to do. I put my mouth to her ear and told her that i loved her. I would always love her. But i did not want her to struggle. I told her if she felt it was not her time, to fight on and i would be right there beside her. But if she felt it was time to go, if she heard god calling her, it was ok to go. I would miss her but i would survive until i saw her again. As soon as the last word left my mouth her breathing steadied. She took several calm, easy breaths and then she passed. I could feel her spirit rise up out of her body. It was beautiful.
After all the fear i had, little did i know that i would be given the gift of being there while she left this world to enter the next.
She loved nature and wildlife, especially cardinals. So many times, when life's issues are weighing me down, my grandma sends a cardinal to remind me she is still there waiting for our eventual reunion. Miss you grandma xoxo

This is my favourite thread on this forum. Why don't I spend more time here? :dunno:

I love the posts here. Profound and soulful. My kind of posts, my kind of people...:loveyou:

Respectually snipped . . .

. . .
She wasn't able to speak or even let me know she heard me, but I sat by her bed holding her hand, reminding her of all who loved her, recalling fun times and favorite memories, etc. That second afternoon she really began to struggle. She was having a hard time breathing and was clearly in pain. I made sure she got meds to be comfortable and climbed into bed with her. I rubbed her hair or hand and spoke quietly to her. My mom arrived but I did not leave the room as I had planned. In a moment of clarity it came to me. She was fighting to stay for me. I believe that with all my heart. She knew it would break my heart and was trying to delay it. So I did what I thought I would never be able to do. I put my mouth to her ear and told her that I loved her. I would always love her. But I did not want her to struggle. I told her if she felt it was not her time, to fight on and I would be right there beside her. But if she felt it was time to go, if she heard God calling her, it was ok to go. I would miss her but I would survive until I saw her again. As soon as the last word left my mouth her breathing steadied. She took several calm, easy breaths and then she passed. I could feel her spirit rise up out of her body. It was beautiful.
After all the fear I had, little did I know that I would be given the gift of being there while she left this world to enter the next.
She loved nature and wildlife, especially cardinals. So many times, when life's issues are weighing me down, my Grandma sends a cardinal to remind me she is still there waiting for our eventual reunion. Miss you Grandma xoxo

I had a very similar experience with my little sister last summer, MM. I realized maybe my role in her care giving was to let her know it was ok to go. Her husband just could not do it, and I think she was hanging on as long as she could for him. She passed on while her husband was eating supper in the other room and I sat next to her and told her it was ok to let go and we didn't want her to suffer any more.

Last week I was getting a facial, and I was in sort of a dream state I guess. I had a vision of my sister kissing my forehead and kind of woke up a bit and realized the lady had placed her two fingers on the top of my forehead.

It was a peaceful feeling and I felt her spirit was with me.

Katie - I too believe it was your sister Cindy on the phone to your Buddha!!

and since Katie asked - I will add my story!

My dad died on December 7, 2000 with inoperable lung cancer at age 84. He was a veterinarian all his life. About a month later I saw him in my dreams. It looked like he was on a small outdoor stage with a dog on the table in front of him and he was teaching others about "something". After his lecture he turned and smiled and waved at me! He definitely looked to be in his 30s. One of my sisters said she saw him on the edge of her bed one night about a year after he had passed with a glow of light around him. She said she tried to wake her husband but couldn't move (as someone above mentioned in their own story!).

My mother just passed on August 26, 2011 with a stroke at 90 (26 days short of her 91st birthday). She had the stroke on Sunday and was in a coma for 5 days. This was in Latvia where my brother was living in the apartment across from her and my other sister lived in Sweden, so she arrived the day after her stroke and sat beside her talking about all the love people have for her and what a wonderful mother she had been in this life. I sent my sister a letter via email to read to our mother . Unfortunately, she never regained conciousness and my sister said she had a smile on her face when she died. The morning she died - it would have been night over here in the U.S. - I had a dream of her walking through a field of flowers with a big smile on her face, and of course she looked as she did when she was in her 30s; she gave me a little wave and the next morning my sister/brother called to tell me that she had passed that morning... I truly missed them both!

I just put a "reserve" on the book, "Hello from Heaven" at my library that someone mentioned above! Can't wait to read it! Thank you to the person who mentioned it!!

:seeya:

Thank you everyone who has shared a story tonight. (thank you button not working...)
The stories are touching and beautiful. It also reminds me of my Grandma and I am thankful to that too.
Goodnight all.

OMG, reading your story - I had a melt down! I can't tell you how similar it is to my experience with my mother. I think the only time in my life I have been unselfish is when I told her it was ok to let go.

And on Christmas Eve the first year she was gone, I was overwhelmed with grief. I was at my parents' house, standing outside alone in the cold so no one would hear me sobbing. It was night time and silent (except for me). I heard a rustling in the holly tree next to me and was startled! Wild animal (way out in the country)? But a little bird popped out from within and just stood there looking at me. I knew it was a sign. I was instantly calmed down by this "visit." :). Mom loved the birds...

Still miss her....

My dad died on December 7, 2000 with inoperable lung cancer at age 84. He was a veterinarian all his life. About a month later I saw him in my dreams. It looked like he was on a small outdoor stage with a dog on the table in front of him and he was teaching others about "something". After his lecture he turned and smiled and waved at me! He definitely looked to be in his 30s. One of my sisters said she saw him on the edge of her bed one night about a year after he had passed with a glow of light around him. She said she tried to wake her husband but couldn't move (as someone above mentioned in their own story!).

My mother just passed on August 26, 2011 with a stroke at 90 (26 days short of her 91st birthday). She had the stroke on Sunday and was in a coma for 5 days. This was in Latvia where my brother was living in the apartment across from her and my other sister lived in Sweden, so she arrived the day after her stroke and sat beside her talking about all the love people have for her and what a wonderful mother she had been in this life. I sent my sister a letter via email to read to our mother . Unfortunately, she never regained conciousness and my sister said she had a smile on her face when she died. The morning she died - it would have been night over here in the U.S. - I had a dream of her walking through a field of flowers with a big smile on her face, and of course she looked as she did when she was in her 30s; she gave me a little wave and the next morning my sister/brother called to tell me that she had passed that morning... I truly missed them both!

I just put a "reserve" on the book, "Hello from Heaven" at my library that someone mentioned above! Can't wait to read it! Thank you to the person who mentioned it!!

I just ordered the book "Hello From Heaven"... on The Nook...raining constantly here and can't get outside..tired of sitting here watching the weeds grow...I'm going to read...I also thank the person who recommended it...

There are many books out there that have great stories in them but I recently read the book "Messages" written by Bonnie McEneaney based on accountings from loved ones who lost family and friends on 911. I literally could not put the book down.

My youngest daughter passed when she was 27 years old. We don't know if the overdose (on prescribed meds) was intentional or accidental. We had so many encounters.....one time I was driving in the car and I was flipping radio stations....every station was playing the same song, The Calling, Wherever You Will Go. I felt her presence in the car sitting next to me in the passenger seat. I was no stranger to "visits" as my first one was my grandmother after she passed, when I was a young teen. This was one in many times I felt Tara near me.

I have two other daughters, one who was very close to T and one who was a little judgmental and not so close. The one who was not close told me that Tara was visiting her dreams constantly. She could see Tara in the distance, sitting with a young man and talking. About the same time, I read a book by George Anderson, Walking In The Garden of Souls. Mr. Anderson said that when a person completes suicide, when they pass they are greeted by small animals at first, such as rabbits, because they are too damaged to start to deal with what happened here. Later they go into one on one counseling of a sort where they come to terms with missteps here on earth. My daughter was shocked as she felt that was exactly what she was seeing in her dreams! It gave us all a lot of peace during a VERY difficult time. I think I am here to learn patience and forgiveness and Tara was all about teaching those things to me and I cannot wait to see her again....we will both say "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ABOUT"!! lol
I sit here reading your post and now find myself crying, my daughter passed away at the age of 25 in 2005 and her name is Tara. I feel your pain. I am so sorry about your daughter.

I sit here reading your post and now find myself crying, my daughter passed away at the age of 25 in 2005 and her name is Tara. I feel your pain. I am so sorry about your daughter.

Thank you...my daughter passed in 2002, eleven years ago. The first few years were not easy, some days I just wanted to not be here kwim? Would never, ever harm myself but the pain at times, well, you know. Time does help.

I am very spiritual but have never identified strongly with any religious dogma. I met a lady whose son had completed suicide and she was a devout Christian. She was in so much pain, thinking her son would not be allowed in heaven. Thank God, I have a strong faith that we will be together again. We are here to learn I think. I believe we leave our earthly troubles here when we pass and will all be welcomed wherever we go from here.

I am so sorry about your Tara, too. (need hugging smiley)

Hey everyone :) Is there any information about a fundraiser here in Arizona to help out Travis' family? I thought I read somewhere there was going to be one, thanks :)

Just launched my 5th blog entry, along the lines and inspired by all the wonder sharing going on here...thanks so much.

The awakening of Alfonse continues here:

http://twoinnocents.wordpress.com/2013/05/29/valid/

KCL, you are putting these out faster than I expected. You do know we don't expect a new installment every day, right? When you find you need a break, don't hesitate to take time off for yourself. On the other hand, I think you have such a talent for writing that I wait for each post, knowing it is another piece to our darling KatieCL. We may never meet in person, but I feel a silver thread connects us -- and I worry that you may overwork yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member