KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's up and eating the delicious fried chicken, mac n cheese, green beans and deviled eggs I brought home for him while I sit here with my juice...I'm dying! But he's happy. :)

He's better, I'd say a lot better compared to what this afternoon looked like.

Thanks for all the love guys. :heart:

Just popped in to say I am thinking of you, KCL. I know it has been a very rough few days (weeks?) for you. Surely it was hard to write that last blog post, but it says so much about how being a caretaker can affect us. I sure hope all your cleansing will do that gallbladder a lot of good!

Anyway, I wish there was more I could do/say to make this easier for you. Just know I care very much.
:hug:

Not goin there. Just keepin it real about Di Maio and my personal experience.

I'm not surprised about Di Maio being trumped. I know him from the Spector case. Un-freakin'believable. I think I just left my mouth open in that case.

I'm sorry to read that Alphonse is having a difficult time and pray that the new medication works for him. He deserves to have peace from his illness and joy in his new paradise in Sedona. Take care of you, too.

I wish all the best for "Alphonse".....(He's in good hands). I'm not home in Cali with my wayward brothers. Nothing I can do for them since they don't seem to want to help themselves. :seeya:

Then again, a homecoming dinner of favorites has it's own healing effects.
Perhaps short term.
A comfort none-the-less.
I think right now, this might be what's best for a 50 year old man.
No need for self denial at this stage in life. Time is fleeting.
Sleep well, Alphonse.

Then again, a homecoming dinner of favorites has it's own healing effects.
Perhaps short term.
A comfort none-the-less.
I think right now, this might be what's best for a 50 year old man.
No need for self denial at this stage in life. Time is fleeting.
Sleep well, Alphonse.

Thank you Peeps, you get it.

Amazingly with all the meds he's taken, being a chain smoker (often found w schizophrenics) and overweight, he has no medical issues. He had a recent cardiac work up and his labs are all normal, cholesterol and everything.

In my recent research on my gallbladder fast I just did, found one of the pioneers of "healthy eating" died unexpectedly of mysterious causes. Go figure. Andreas Moritz. Sad but ironic.

Oh honey. If I was closer, I'd love nothing more than to cook for y'all. :heartbeat: Cooking for friends and loved ones is one of my favorite ways to show my care, concern and affection. You both have been constantly in my prayers and will remain so.

What Spellbound said (Ditto)
UrTheBeesKnees.gif
CowWave (2).gif

Just popped in to say I am thinking of you, KCL. I know it has been a very rough few days (weeks?) for you. Surely it was hard to write that last blog post, but it says so much about how being a caretaker can affect us. I sure hope all your cleansing will do that gallbladder a lot of good!

Anyway, I wish there was more I could do/say to make this easier for you. Just know I care very much.
:hug:

He's up and eating the delicious fried chicken, mac n cheese, green beans and deviled eggs I brought home for him while I sit here with my juice...I'm dying! But he's happy. :)

He's better, I'd say a lot better compared to what this afternoon looked like.

Thanks for all the love guys. :heart:

Katie, You are such a wonderful sister. And a truly beautiful person, inside and out! You and your brother are in my prayers. :hug:

Thank you so much guys. He was better last night, bad again this morning. But he's with me and in his program so there's a lot to be thankful for. Xo

Ps last night's dinner was a delicious kale, cabbage, nectarine, fennel salad with spicy peanut dressing and spinach kale balls I got from Trader Joe's. we both loved it. In case anyone was wondering. :seeya:

KCL I must have missed the post I have been reading everyday to see how he is doing and I don't know what's wrong with him will you are someone please let me know...Prayers with you and your brother.

When someone is in a world of hurt that person needs comforting in ways that actually can and does bring them comfort. Like a big never-ending hug. I'm glad John was able to eat and think it was sweet of Katie to bring him a meal of his favorite foods. Katie and John have come a long, long way on a journey of triumph over tragedy. The journey continues. It's still a beautiful life.

Thank you for your "concern" but I know my brother and what I can control, what he will eat and not.eat when he's in a crisis. The night before i gave him that comfort food dinner he had diet coke and cigarettes for dinner. i was happy to just see him eat food. Am I supposed to take away his cigarettes too? Yes I work in the healing field and I'm choosing my battles.

I welcome you to keep your judgment to yourself. You don't know either of us or our situation. Thankfully I don't judge my brother like you are judging me.

Oh and one more thing...a "sorry" delivered like that isn't really an apology is it? It's more a passive aggressive slap.

KCL,
While junk foods may not be good for us, they are called comfort foods for a reason. Been eating fried chicken since I was a babe and I'm doing real good. I love my comfort food. You are so right, we have to choose our battles every single day. And this battle is one you never chose to be in. You love Alfonse and love conquers a LOT. God bless you.
Love ya KCL.

Well everyone in Phoenix, stay cool. Out here in the Midwest but I heard Phoenix had a high of 119 today. So I am guessing CMJA is hot. Good!

Thank you so much guys. He was better last night, bad again this morning. But he's with me and in his program so there's a lot to be thankful for. Xo

Ps last night's dinner was a delicious kale, cabbage, nectarine, fennel salad with spicy peanut dressing and spinach kale balls I got from Trader Joe's. we both loved it. In case anyone was wondering. :seeya:

I would love to make you both some adobo or nilaga (filipino dishes). Both are a type of soup made with meat and served with rice. I'm half filipino and they are both comforting and delicious.

Ps last night's dinner was a delicious kale, cabbage, nectarine, fennel salad with spicy peanut dressing and spinach kale balls I got from Trader Joe's. we both loved it. In case anyone was wondering
. :seeya:

Nah---- I like the mac and cheese and chicken better. :facepalm:

I would love to make you both some adobo or nilaga (filipino dishes). Both are a type of soup made with meat and served with rice. I'm half filipino and they are both comforting and delicious.

That sounds amazing.. I love trying new foods of all cultures. :seeya:

Oh honey. If I was closer, I'd love nothing more than to cook for y'all. :heartbeat: Cooking for friends and loved ones is one of my favorite ways to show my care, concern and affection. You both have been constantly in my prayers and will remain so.

Thank you Brooke. Talked to his case manager a bit ago and he's a little better this afternoon. I'm taking him to Sedona tomorrow and that always works its magic on him. :heartbeat:

I also love cooking for people ... For all kinds of reasons....I bet you would like my favorite book The School of Essential Ingredients. I'm getting ready to read it again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Cool wannabe