KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your post sparked me to search for the painting above TA's bed also ...

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/dr/hln/www.../imagecache/gallery_780x583/2013/03/14/25.jpg
25.jpg

haruo-takino-noahs-ark.jpg

'Noah's Ark' © Haruo Takino

http://bibleillustration.blogspot.com/2009/09/pictures-of-noahs-ark.html

What struck me in this print was that there are 4 elephants, one for each sister. This is just amazing!

O/T but totally related to KCL. I am going to share with you my super secret special signature mimosa concoction. I've never been able to conjure up a suitable name for it, but am sure we can DOOO EEET! Start with your favorite champagne, add little chopped up pieces of the freshest fruit available, I.e one thin slice of strawberry, one thin slice of a fresh peach, a few mini, mini pieces of cantaloupe, or WHATEVER (today I have some fresh mango), and this is most important two part step... A splash (or more) of Kern's guava nectar and one mint leaf. Total happiness on the lips...and so refreshing. I think I'll drive or fly to Mesa for the post verdict celebration and make this for EVERYONE!! It's not just the moments in life, but those that are shared!

KCL - I have been a Long Time Lurker - back to 1996! I recently registered so that I could see photos - and to find your posts. I was finally brought out of lurkdom to post after your story about BB. I just wanted her to know that I have donated to the family of Travis, and that her story is what finally made me do it right then. If she can make the effort she did, in her condition, I can log into Paypal from the comfort of my home and do something too. Much love to all of you who are kindred hearts. I came looking for things I knew I wouldn't hear or find on television. I ended up finding so much more than I expected.

My sympathy to the attorney and his or her family on their loss. During such a difficult time this must be even harder to bear.

I am glad you mentioned this as it's been on my mind too. If it's Martinez or detective Flores I will be so sad. If it's someone on the defense side I will feel terrible for them as well but wonder if they will think of the Alexender family during this time. Either way it's a hard thing. I'm sick of losing loved ones to terrible situations and hope that whatever way this loss came about it wasn't too traumatic. For the trial and for the family involved.

Elephants have been a thing between my mother and I :blushing:. When she moved out of state while I was attending college she left me a small glass elephant with a long letter of love. The split was so difficult so that little elephant meant the world to me. Now we give each other little elephants for strength. If one is not well or going through a rough time. We have small collections of elephants but only between us and no one else.

Elephant families have matriarchs. While they are female they do represent the leader of that family. The one the rest follow, learn from and gain strength from. It's obvious Travis was a born leader, someone to learn from. The elephant situation is very fitting and I am glad that those experiences have happened. Love is a powerful thing whether our feet are on earth or not.

No she didn't know the sister (and really neither did I other than casual hellos in court before yesterday). Did you see the post where I detailed how she went in to the store and to the back and was drawn to the elephant bags? It was just a God thing, plain and simple. :seeya:

Sorry I missed that one. I just got goosebumps. I was so busy looking at the pics that I didn't read. Coincidental is one thing, but this surpasses that. I truly think that Travis put you in that courtroom for a reason. IIRC, you were seated next to the Victims Advocate for some reason. Everybody else seems to sit on the other side. Travis saw from Heaven your true spirit, that we all recognize, and somehow knew you would be of comfort to this family. We are truly blessed to "know" you. Thank you for touching all of our lives...

What struck me in this print was that there are 4 elephants, one for each sister. This is just amazing!

Beautiful painting, beautiful bedroom and such sadness to look at the room Travis spent his last minutes in before he went into the shower.....

:cry:

A huge "thank you" to our Katiecoolady for all the wonderful elephant stories from Travis' family.

:hug:

I am glad you mentioned this as it's been on my mind too. If it's Martinez or detective Flores I will be so sad. If it's someone on the defense side I will feel terrible for them as well but wonder if they will think of the Alexender family during this time. Either way it's a hard thing. I'm sick of losing loved ones to terrible situations and hope that whatever way this loss came about it wasn't too traumatic. For the trial and for the family involved.

Elephants have been a thing between my mother and I :blushing:. When she moved out of state while I was attending college she left me a small glass elephant with a long letter of love. The split was so difficult so that little elephant meant the world to me. Now we give each other little elephants for strength. If one is not well or going through a rough time. We have small collections of elephants but only between us and no one else.

Elephant families have matriarchs. While they are female they do represent the leader of that family. The one the rest follow, learn from and gain strength from. It's obvious Travis was a born leader, someone to learn from. The elephant situation is very fitting and I am glad that those experiences have happened. Love is a powerful thing whether our feet are on earth or not.

I would love to hear your story. About your wonderful teacher, or whatever story you choose to share.

I hope you enjoyed this story of connection and faith and magical stepping stones as much as I enjoyed living it.

BB and I decided that if anyone would like to contribute toward her generous gifts for the family that you make a donation to the fund. I do know they need the financial assistance, things are getting hard now. And they greatly appreciate it.

I know that justice4travisalexander@gmail.com does go to the family.

fyi...now I'm gonna go back and read any comments/questions. Thanks for sharing this with me.

Katie the whole story of what BB has done for all of us, how you were able to deliver gifts to Travis' sister, how you met the person now owing Travis' home and how they feel his spirit there, all of it is so beautiful. This has touched my heart in such a wonderful way. Please thank BB on my behalf. And on her behalf, I would gladly donate to the family fund. God has a purpose and a plan. Sometimes we miss it. But He is ever present. Thank you for all you do. I feel like we are all in this together.

Katie the whole story of what BB has done for all of us, how you were able to deliver gifts to Travis' sister, how you met the person now owing Travis' home and how they feel his spirit there, all of it is so beautiful. This has touched my heart in such a wonderful way. Please thank BB on my behalf. And on her behalf, I would gladly donate to the family fund. God has a purpose and a plan. Sometimes we miss it. But He is ever present. Thank you for all you do. I feel like we are all in this together.

Good. I've got you right where I want you. ;)

Thank you for donating. They really need it. Some are running out of vacation time to attend, obviously this is expensive plus loss wages..it's a huge sacrifice but they need to be there. Every little bit helps.

Story 1 (and these are not in the order she told them):

After Travis' death, she went through a rough patch (duh) and one of the things she did for herself was take this little elephant everywhere she went. I'm not sure or don't remember how she originally got this elephant , maybe she bought it for herself, but nevertheless it was her constant companion and a symbol of comfort and connection for her.

Well one day she went to Walmart with a friend. She had put her little elephant in the center console of her car and they went in. She said she "armed and locked" her car as usual.

As she left the car she patted her little elephant (now picture this is a girl very young, maybe still a teenager at this time) and said "you just wait here, we're going in to the store and will be back soon".

She and her friend went in and did their shopping just like normal. As she said "no one took my keys or went back out to my car for anything, no one even went to the bathroom".

When they returned to her car, that little elephant was sitting OUTSIDE the car, in the next space, "on all it's four feet" just waiting for her.

She repeated this section of the story like 5 times to make sure she was remembering it really happened and we "got" it.

She repeated how the car was "locked and armed". And that elephant was pristine in the next parking spot just standing there all proud as can be.

She said "if I didn't have a witness I don't know if I'd even believe it myself to this day".

Now she has more witnesses who also believe her story, doesn't she?

I believe it with all my heart!

Dear Beautiful Benefactor,
Your loving kindness has overwhelmed me. If just one person like you, who is sick and in need yourself, takes the time to care about others and their needs, then what can those of us do today who are healthy? You have inspired me. As I told KCL, I feel we are all in this together. We need to ignite one another with love and caring and reach out to Travis' family. I am donating to them today. I am also concerned with your needs. If you have a need, please let KCL know and she will relay it to us. Meanwhile, I will be praying for God to restore you to perfect health. Thank you for being the person you are! God has shown me once again how He makes all things beautiful, and His children love one another in ways that evil cannot overcome. God bless you, my friend.

Good. I've got you right where I want you. ;)

Thank you for donating. They really need it. Some are running out of vacation time to attend, obviously this is expensive plus loss wages..it's a huge sacrifice but they need to be there. Every little bit helps.

Katie,
The trial is so long. I have thought many times how draining this must be for the family. One day of JA on the stand simply wore me down. So how expensive it must be for them to show up every single day! Another thing came to me also, those of us who truly love others and would not even contemplate hurting another human being, can certainly come together for the good for you, for Travis' family, and other victims. BB has shown us what God's love and light truly means. What a force we can be for one another! God bless you.

BRING BACK BETH!

We need our Beth Karas and our Live Trials!

Thanks again to A News Junkie for her stellar graphics.

If you are a Facebook user, please "like" this page!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beth-Karas-Bring-Back-Beth/556728244361860
Done! I started following her on Twitter after seeing her in the amazing turquoise you bought her. She was simply smashing in the!!

OMG, Twitter has changed my life. I thought I was a missing person, trial justice freak before Twitter!! I am way worse now. I learned about the Steubenville rape case way before Anonymous took it on and the MSM caught up. That is just one example of local bloggers breaking major stories.

::::: back spaced rambling stream of consciousness ::::::

Grrrrrrr, eating my posts (and probably not even gaining a pound). Anyway...DONE! Get FB page for Beth. I follow her on Twitter too. BTW, she looked stunning in the turquoise ensemble that you acessorized.

For true crimE junkies, Twitter is a godsend. I found out about Steubenville long before Anonymous and the MSM. Local bloggers are becoming the best source....not unlike KCL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli