KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure you already thought of this but ... Have you tried contacting the downtown hotels to see if they would be interested in donating some rooms?

I am amazed that local hotel owners have not lined up to donate rooms for this family, even if for self interest. They would get national free press from the news stations mentioning it. Sadly, most companies do most charity to have their name attached to it.
I will send some money to paypal. I am soooo happy to hear that so many more of Travis' family, extended family and friends are on their way to stand with the others!! That makes my day!! Thank you Tanisha for taking time to write to the public and for every thank you note you and your siblings hand wrote to so many of us. It is humbling just watching you. Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

I am amazed that local hotel owners have not lined up to donate rooms for this family, even if for self interest. They would get national free press from the news stations mentioning it. Sadly, most companies do most charity to have their name attached to it.
I will send some money to paypal. I am soooo happy to hear that so many more of Travis' family, extended family and friends are on their way to stand with the others!! That makes my day!! Thank you Tanisha for taking time to write to the public and for every thank you note you and your siblings hand wrote to so many of us. It is humbling just watching you. Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - a view from the inside: observations from our own court observers #9

MANY local businesses have stepped up to donate. I've been working on this project for weeks. I"ll speak about it after the verdict. We have a whole team on this....it's been heartwarming to see the community come forward for this family. And not using it for self interest as they (we) are protecting anonymity and privacy.

Oh ANJ! Can I "steal" this for my avatar???!!! :please:

:seeya:

Blush Niner - humbled you like my morning art! Of course you can. Here is a resized copy for you or anyone who likes my Justice Elephant!

MANY local businesses have stepped up to donate. I've been working on this project for weeks. I"ll speak about it after the verdict. We have a whole team on this....it's been heartwarming to see the community come forward for this family. And not using it for self interest as they (we) are protecting anonymity and privacy.

I am sooo happy to hear this. God sees you and all that you have done Katie, with your whole heart and your whole soul....and he is well pleased.

You are an ANGEL!!

Cannot stop thinking about Travis' siblings, loved ones and friends. I am so glad, Kathy, that you are there for them. On your own, you are a fountain of love, grace, peace, support and comfort for them. I also like to think that as you pour all that out, all of the love, grace, peace, support and comfort from thousands of us from around the world, streams too. Hugs to you, happy belated birthday to Alphonse. Please take care of yourself too.

To everyone else reading, I don't post often or even thank posts enough but I read every day. What an amazing group of people!

I don't know where else to put this but a shout out to anyone who has previously contacted wanting to be involved in a project I will call "rooms", now is the time to contact me. Thank you! :) (I didn't organize pm's well)

KCL - What is "project rooms"?

I woke up in the middle of the night and cannot get back to sleep. I ran into this, and now am just reduced to puddles. Talk about being reduced to puddles my family used to see who could get me to tear up the quickest. It always started with: "Kate, did you read about ___ in the news today?" They were always sad stories about animals, old people, underdogs, against the odds stories, etc. But this song truly is amazingly beautiful, and by Det. Flores daughter, Angela Anne! Wow…

http://youtu.be/7SmqAFapJok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=7SmqAFapJok

Katie...thank you and all those that are covering the trial, passing messages and gifts to the Alexander Family. We all appreciate it.

One more favor...could you please write the first names of Travis' sisters and brothers? I did look for a listing, but I missed it.

Give the Family a big hug from all of us...the end is near...but still it is too long for them.

Thank You

KCL - What is "project rooms"?

I woke up in the middle of the night and cannot get back to sleep. I ran into this, and now am just reduced to puddles. Talk about being reduced to puddles my family used to see who could get me to tear up the quickest. It always started with: "Kate, did you read about ___ in the news today?" They were always sad stories about animals, old people, underdogs, against the odds stories, etc. But this song truly is amazingly beautiful, and by Det. Flores daughter, Angela Anne! Wow…

http://youtu.be/7SmqAFapJok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=7SmqAFapJok

Wow! This link should come with a Kleenex warning!

All the info, with pics, about the rooms project (and gift baskets) is on the court observer thread! :)

I thought that these beautiful and brilliant and deeply personal thoughts from our awesome KCL were so appropriate for today and deserved to be reposted. Much love and many thanks to you dear Katie for all you do for us and more importantly for Travis' sweet family. :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:
:yourock:
Good morning! :seeya:

I'm not going in to court today as I need to leave this afternoon for a little 2 night getaway so I just need to get a few things done before I head out. I'll watch on the feed though with the rest of yous. :)

I did wake up with some things on my mind about being a homicide survivor all these years and thought I would get them out of my head and on paper (screen).

25 years ago I had no idea what my life would be this far down the road. I couldn't imagine surviving it actually to be honest. Literally the very worst thing I could ever imagine befalling my life happened. The trials actually helped me cope as it gave me a place to focus my attention and a place to be very loudlyl distracted. Like Travis' family I was very active in our trials, got very close to our prosecutor and was as involved as I could be (I was also managing a full time job throughout the whole deal). I testified about 5 different times (they kept calling me back up).

In terms of siblings it was just my brother and me. We handled things completely differently. He didn't even attend the trials. He came out and went to one day I think of the sentencing hearing (to be fair he was living in Minnesota). He had his first serious psychotic break when the trials were over so I think he just knew he wouldn't be able to handle it. He still is sensitive like that.

In this trial there are SEVEN siblings. Each one will handle their grieving in their own unique way. Some will become more "active" in their lives to help themselves feel some kind of "purpose" out of the whole thing (like I do) and some will go on and try to forget it. All are valid ways to cope I think.

Often when people step out on the front lines (like Mark Klass for example) there is a lot of criticism that goes with that. Whether it's in a public way or in a more intimate way. People very close to Travis' siblings I guarantee you as they go along in their lives will tell them to "just get over it". I say this because that's pretty universal . People don't know how to process it or support someone ...it's not easy.

I'm actually kind of surprised that the outburst that happened on here last night didn't happen sooner. Those who were with me during the Scott Peterson trial saw WAY worse than that. There were whole forums dedicated to me and Jordy accusing us of being prostitutes, Mafia members, the most vile human beings on the face of the Earth because we were attending that trial. After we produced that photograph, it went off the charts.

After the trial someone hijacked my "katiecoolady" name and created a hate blog about me including, I hear (never saw it) a comic strip mocking my sister's murder. A lot of pain out there. Sociopaths will be drawn to a trial about a sociopath and they ARE walking among us, not just in a courtroom.

Being on the front lines also includes either being a naturally unaffected person (not me) or developing some teflon to it (that is me). Thankfully this forum doesn't invite much of that due to the snappy moderation system so it can't go on much or for long (thank you).

If any of Travis' siblings do choose to step out on the "front lines" after all this is over, I commend them and they will need our support as it's not always an easy road.

I've said before "murder is not contagious". People will scatter, some will move in close. In many ways, their grieving process will really begin once this trial/sentencing is over.

The ones who choose to fade back in to their lives also need the support of those around them for that choice. No one is obligated to do anything with a tragedy. If it helps you cope and give a sense of purpose, then it's valuable I think..for your own healing. But everyone has their own road.

Sorry for the lengthy PSA here...I just was thinking about the family as I woke up. Fyi I really don't have tons of direct interaction with them. It's a very quiet relationship. Many days the only interaction is a quiet smile and me silently handing them an envelope from a supporter that contains a card and $ that's been sent to me to pass on (and boy does that feel good). And when we do share, the majority of it goes unposted by me unless I think it can help them. Or I'm asked to pass it along.

Let's hope for a good court day today for the State....I think that's all I wanted to say.
Thanks for the love guys...it means more than you know.

Can anyone tell me what time (EST) the deliberations start today so I can set my alarm? Thanks.

On HLN this afternoon they had a brief interview with KCL about her fund raising drive and they had the Websleuths logo pasted across the screen briefly. Very cool! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV