KatieCoolady Holds 'Court' - The Dedicated KCL Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
someone else posted that the judge got emotional for JODI at the end there- and that she was sympathetic to JODI. i'm not sure what I think.

That could only be their opinion. I thought it was an honest moment, at the unsatisfying end of one of the messiest trials I've ever seen. I think judge sherry was worn out by it. I don't think she is a big JA fan. Far from it. I think she twisted herself into a pretzel to TRY to keep the killer from having any grounds for appeal. I think she did that to make sure the killer stays right where judge sherry knows she belongs.

Silly me --
That is the blog that I read first. I left notes on both.
You weave such a beautiful canvas with your words Sweet Lady.

CowWave (2).gif

Just finished my second blog post. This one is about my brother. You might wanna have the Kleenex handy on this one...I'm still bawling. It's just the truth of aftermath of murder without the white washing.

http://twoinnocents.wordpress.com/2013/05/26/john/

I'm sure the judge recognized Arias for what she is...manipulating sociopath murderer. That said, she bent over backwards trying to give this killer a fair trial to the disgust of many of us. I imagine she was upset after the considerable cost and her first DP case, the jury (ahem, foreman manipulation) it comes down to a mistrial in penalty phase. Bailiffs aren't stupid, the judge probably isn't either reading certain jurors or their actions, Mr. Foreman.

Thank you so much..that makes my whole life worthwhile to read something like this.

This is what I want to repeat to you. Something I said to a client this week about her pain pattern. There is something operating inside you that is bigger and more powerful than this pain you are experiencing.

That thing that is driving your heart to beat and your lungs to bring in a breath. It is STRONGER than what is causing you to feel limited and in any way contracted in your life. It is your very LIFE FORCE. (Edited to add, I said this to this client while we were waiting for a verdict this week. See how I was speaking to my own inner self with those words?)

Given the tiniest cracks and support, it will start to express itself in your life and you will be informed by this. You don't have to make it happen but receive it.

This life is precious, that I know for sure. And survivor guilt is a living breathing thing and has a huge impact on people in so many ways. It's an irrational belief system that gets stuck in the matrix of one's very being. But compared to that which stimulates a plant to grow out of the cracks of two big boulders with a blooming flower expressing itself out of it, that limitation is a speck of dust.

The best advice I think I can give to anyone is to start looking for signs of life in your life. That, for me, shows up in the form of serendipity, "coincidences", opportunities to see something from the eyes of an "aha" moment. things like that, the unexplained. Signs of grace.

Those are my touchstones. I invite any of you to start stepping on the ones your life is laying out for you uniquely and individually right along with me.

KCL, I say this sincerely. Between your wisdom, above, and your two blog posts, I feel like I've been to "church." I can't adequately muster the right words to tell you how that touched me.

Katie, I've read every post you've made during this trial. It's an honor to read what you write, your sense of awareness of yourself is refreshing to me. You also show the wisdom you have come to by living through the fire and coming out the other end. The pieces of your life come together now for you with a clarity I admire.

I congratulate you on your new blog and the two inspiring articles you've already written. You are now bookmarked in the blogs I read every day.

KCL,

I think Cindy met Travis in heaven and those Two Innocents put their heads together, guiding their "Angels" on earth to meet, to start and complete the healing process. Wonder and magic is being done through you, John, the Alexander family and friends. Good triumphs over evil, many people are opening their eyes between the difference of mental illnesses and mental disorders or just plain EVIL.

I'm glad you found the Alexanders, because the pain etched on your face at times...worried me more. You grieved for Two Innocents, no make that Millions of Innocents.

I kept wondering what you did for a living, something with bodies.. I should have known you would be a nurse. I'm glad you have “Alfonse” to make real mashed potatoes for you and himself, comforting you both at times. Healing all these years later while helping the Alexanders. God Bless you both and your beloved Cindy.
Prayers for all those who have lost loved ones on this Memorial Day.

(snipped)
I wonder if she thinks that by saying she's sorry, it would weaken her claim that he was abusive.

That's just what I think. She is hanging on to her absurd "abused" story come hell or high water. I want to know if anyone believed any of the body-slam/chase business. She'd rather stay in prison for life than admit it was all a scam. Keven-wrestler-banker said she was brilliant (though she was lying, because he also said the evidence spoke loud and clear early on) in the way she responded to JM. Very careful and deliberate in answers and would circle around to avoid answering as many times as JM asked the same question. (paraphrasing there).

I seriously seriously seriously and SERIOUSLY as in seriously doubt that.

As in H E double chopsticks no, not in a million years.

I've heard some descriptions of some of those in chambers meetings and imo, no sympathy there.

I actually read somewhere that the expression on JSS' face was not for JA but because the forman actually put the HUNG JURY on a VERDICT form instead of the form it should have been written on which I believe was a jury question form! She thought there was verdict and when she read down realized that there was a hung jury and that was what the look was for.

IMHO I don't think it was sypmathy for JA either. I somehow think she would give her LWOP if the jury can't decide again.

I think the major victory has been won- Jodi has been convicted of 1st degree murder. Everyone predicted at the beginning it would either be 2nd degree or 1st degree with life, so I'm not disappointed. Personally I wish that the state would make a deal for life without parole. It will be extremely difficult to find all 12 voting for death. The foreman was an idiot for speaking out as he did, but the 1 thing that stuck in my head was his thinking that heinous as this crime is it is not in the same league as Jeffrey Dahmer or a child murderer. So even those who support the death penalty may not give her death. But I am not the Alexanders & I can understand how they feel. However, I heard that it's the state who decides, not the family. As to the foreman, I believe he got it as he's probably the oldest (69). The jury as a whole did a good job & soon JA will fade into obscurity. She'll never be out of jail & don't forget the Alexanders have their civil trial where they can make sure JA & her family will never profit from Travis' death. I know many wanted to see her sentenced to death, but there is only 1 winner from this trial & it's Travis. Millions have seen his friends bring him to life & show what an amazing person he was. The odd shout in the dark from JA's corner to darken Travis' character is but 1 small ripple in the whole of the sea.

I believe he also brought up sociopath Charles Manson too, but Manson just manipulated others to do his killings. Jodi Arias actually did her own slaughtering and she's manipulated thousands into believing her lies, through modern social media and MSM, what unbalanced person is listening to her, ready to do defense for her? Arias doing that slaughter would have made Manson proud, except they would be dueling sociopaths in their quests for power and control. They both need locked away from society, one executed for actually planning the slaughtering of an innocent human being and doing it.

Contrary to what Jodi claims I believe the 80,000 text messages between the two tells us they WERE NOT together as much as Jodi would like us to believe. With that many messages she wanted to know where he was, who he was with and what he was doing at all times.

I hear ya. :( I feel ok sharing she told me her last day with HLN is June 4. BUT she has new exciting plans in the works. Not the last we've seen of her that's for sure. :seeya:

Was this the last of her on HLN, KLC? I'm going to miss her very much and hope we will indeed see her again soon - and hope she is done traveling for a job! I've been a fan since In Session even before Jean was hired, and must say I'm sure she's tired of hotels and airplanes! I'm hoping Fox or someone else is picking her up. That would be juanwonderful. :seeya:

oops, just noticed you said June 4

Contrary to what Jodi claims I believe the 80,000 text messages between the two tells us they WERE NOT together as much as Jodi would like us to believe. With that many messages she wanted to know where he was, who he was with and what he was doing at all times.

What really irritated me about the jury's non-verdict is the fact that you HAVE TO KNOW that what is presented in trial is NOT the whole story!! Evidence on both sides is left out due to legal issues--and it's easy to figure out that when Juan says "Travis was extremely afraid of Arias' stalking behavior" 2 million times it means that there is much more to the story, but only that fragment was allowed into evidence.

I'm also sickened by Michael Kiefer and his immature antics with the Defense Team. I'm guessing he had a relationship with Nurmi to glean the info the defense wanted leaked to the press. Kiefer was so jealous of any attention Juan Martinez got that it was impossible for him to cover it very well.

That whole Daryl Brewer interview came off as totally rehearsed, stiff, and Kiefer was off camera coaching the witness. Subtle!

I was astounded to find out that the bulk of the Anti-Death Penalty people will do whatever it takes to get a convicted felon off death row--just look at the "Mumia" garbage. And they did get him life in prison--for a cop killer who was sentenced to death!!

Kiefer is so devoted to the cause of "life" that he will lie and distort for Jodi Arias, but demeans and devalues the life of Travis Alexander, and T's family's lives?

I think Kiefer needs to get a divorce, or come out of the closet, or finally become an actor--STOP DOING WHATEVER IT IS THAT IS MAKING HIM SO ANGRY!!!! His hatred and petty personal concerns are completely making him impotent as a writer.

JMOO

Every serial killer starts with their first victim. Jodi also abused her dog as a child. When Jodi was arrested there was a gun and knives in her car. I think that should have been allowed in as evidence! Those were her weapons of choice. I think 12 jurors can be found to sentence her to death. Heck if the alternates were different, THIS jury may have very well been able to.

I think Jodi's best chance to save herself would be to show EXTREME remorse.

Since odie has no problem telling a lie for her to show any remose would be her biggest lie of all :jail:

LambChop ... I TOTALLY agree with you. I have thought this from the very beginning. Even the 5 months they were "official", they lived apart. I honestly don't believe for a minute that they were "friends with benefits" for as many times as she would have us believe. Nuh uh ... no way. She is one creepy person and it is scary beyond belief that she was able to hoodwink so many people in her life. Weird that she had NO female friends.

And what's up the Darryl Brewer's interview? Not only that ... but I'm becoming more and more concerned with the "jury" system. When you think about OJ, CA and R.Blake ... and now this. Seems if we don't have a video of the crime .. well, I am however happy that we got the M1/extreme cruelty ... just a matter of time and she will be put away. Sucks to be her is right!! That foreman causes me a lot of grief .. but that's all I will say about that. Harruumph!!

Not directed at you, but I have heard people (including the Foreman, IIRC) throwing out Jeffrey Dahmer and Charles Manson. Just to keep facts straight, Dahmer was not given the DP:

Jeffrey Dahmer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Manson was sentenced to death, but

Charles Manson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So, Dahmer was never on Death Row, and Manson's stay there was short.

Where does it say in the jury instructions that the DP is only to be given to serial killers?

KCL asked me the other day what I would have done if I were in that jury room (which I never would be, but let's take a hypothetical). First, I would have insisted that in the punishment phase, actual deliberations take place. I could be wrong, but I got the impression from the foreman that the jurors just went around the table and expressed their "feelings". That's not deliberation. I would have asked the foreman, for example, to explain his position. If he stated that Arias was perfectly normal for 27 years until she met Travis, I would have gone over Dr. Demarte's testimony. (Especially since the foreman was not much of a note taker). Arias had suicidal ideations since she was a young teen. Her behavior as a teen (leaving home at 17 to live in an unheated shack, dropping out of HS, etc.) are not "normal". And on and on. Of course, the foreman doesn't seem to like to be challenged, so it might have been bloody. But actual deliberations would have occurred.

Dalmer was not on death row but he was given the DP by other inmates...Seems they drowned him inthe toliet

I agree. Katie, I just read Zervakos son has posted a letter or something saying his dad wanted to be "famous" before the trial. Have you seen it (or anyone else?) I msged the person on FB to ask where it was posted.

Has he written a manifesto????:floorlaugh:

I hope you don't mind my jumping off of your post Syndi.
When you mentioned the beautiful song 'CALLING ALL ANGELS', I suddenly realized what song fit my feelings for our precious 'Katiecoolady';. It's 'SHE'S AN EAGLE WHEN SHE FLIES'. Thank you
Syndi for finally helping me to snag the song from my memory.

Though you say you aren't the religious sort, please let me send you thoughts and wishes for sweet Peace.

EAGLE WHEN SHE FLIES. (Dedicated to my MOM) - YouTube

Bless Your Hearts! CowWave (2).gif

Thanks so much Kathy. You have given me hope in your words. I treasure them, and will carry them along in my journey to "self-improve" .. start living. I am too emotional right now to express more. But I hope you realize how special you are. Listen to "Calling All Angels". I'm sure you're very familiar with the song .. but to me .. that's you. Thanks for responding to my post. You have helped me more than you know. :seeya:

Now I wanna hear that too. Maybe Maria de la rosa and her little dog Kiefer.

Katie if I were a betting woman those two would be what I would put money on ...

I think MK was heavily stalking the jurors. I have no evidence of it but that's what my gut tells me.

I don't think he was so invested in this case because of his stance on the DP but more because of his obvious issues with Juan. You could tell how obsessed he was with Juan the way he kept pushing the direction of the interview with Jodi. He certainly had a agenda.

He also could have possibly been swayed by Jodi and her manipulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela