DNA Solves
DNA Solves
1717314415592.png
Keith Carlson
5'9"
165 lbs
Reported missing: May 21, 2024
Truck found May 21 at Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge

7News first learned of a search team out on Crater Lake at the Wildlife Refuge on Friday, May 24 after three days without Carlson’s return to his truck.

After multiple agencies, including the Oklahoma Highway Patrol and the Comanche County Sheriff’s Office, searched the area and found no sign of Carlson, authorities with the refuge called off the search.

7News has contacted OHP and Comanche County Sheriff’s Department multiple times with no confirmation until Friday evening.

The man has yet to be located.

Missing since May 21, 2024
Keith's truck was located with the license plate missing.
From the linked article:

Carlson’s truck was found at the Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge with his license plate missing and Carlson was no where to be found.

The only thing inside his truck was a pillow and a blanket.

His family said he’s a “homebody” and added that Carlson has never mentioned or been to the wildlife refuge before.

From the linked article:

Carlson’s truck was found at the Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge with his license plate missing and Carlson was no where to be found.

The only thing inside his truck was a pillow and a blanket.

His family said he’s a “homebody” and added that Carlson has never mentioned or been to the wildlife refuge before.
Thank you for providing further details. I'm not adept at posting or starting threads appropriately I feel.

Thank you for providing further details. I'm not adept at posting or starting threads appropriately I feel.
I also thought you did an excellent job. Thanks for letting us know about this mysterious disappearance.

I still grow concerned about neglecting to include something or making an error when I start a thread, myself, but as @swanniee11 mentioned, I, too, try to remember the most critical thing is to spread awareness (and as soon as possible).

I hope this man is found safe and alive.

Last edited:
JUN 3, 2024
[...]

The family said 30-year-old Keith Carlson was last seen by a neighbor leaving his home in Tuttle on May 21. That night his truck was spotted in the Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge.

Park rangers at the refuge told the family they spotted his truck parked at Crater Lake on the evening of the 21st. When it appeared no one had returned to the truck by Friday morning, they searched the vehicle. It was unlocked and missing the license plate, rangers said.

[...]

The family said Carlson was in the middle of home renovations and was a homebody. He never went far from home unless it was for family or NASCAR, the family said.

[...]

Tuttle OK to Wichita Mountain Wildlife Refuge - 70 miles (give or take), 1 hr and 10 min

MAY 31, 2024
... reported missing on May 21.

According to the family, 30-year-old Keith Carlson was reported missing from Tuttle before his truck was found that night at the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge.

7News first learned of a search team out on Crater Lake at the Wildlife Refuge on Friday, May 24 after three days without Carlson’s return to his truck.

JUN 3, 2024
... "We were making plans for his birthday coming up," she [Keith's sister] explained.

On Tuesday, May 21, Carlson was seen by a neighbor leaving his home in Tuttle. "His phone was off, it went straight to voicemail," JB [sister] said.

JUN 5, 2024
Family members said it was unlike Carlson to be out hiking.

“He’s not the outdoorsy guy,” said William Bost. “It doesn’t fit who Keith is.”

Local to the area. It’s strange that this case isn’t getting covered more. It was probably close to 5 days or so before I noticed anything about it on the local media. Where his truck was found, and the road that is closed for repairs are miles apart. I’m not sure how that’s relevant to the search for him. Him not being an outdoorsy guy as said by the family. I find it highly unlikely he would’ve parked his truck at crater lake, try to walk to mt Scott, and then proceed to climb up it.

Thank you for your local knowledge of the area. I'm in Texas and unaware of the proximity between where his truck was located and Mt Scott. Also I have not seen any information on how far out the search for him has reached. Doesn't sound like Keith went there on his own IMO so he could be anywhere.

I wonder if they fingerprinted the truck. MOO but this sounds ominously like he could’ve been carjacked and whoever drove the truck to the refuge was not Keith. I hope I’m wrong.
If you were going to carjack someone, why would you drive and leave it in a remote location, where someone would have to come pick you up? Usually carjacked vehicles are either taken to a "chop shop" to be sold for parts (most carjacked vehicles end up this way to be chopped up for parts, or, not infrequently, for their accessory items, like performance rims and high-end audio systems, which might be worth more than the car itself. Carjacking also happens for simply a joyride (more typical in large urban areas by youthful offenders) or to have a vehicle to commit another crime -then abandon. But to drive it to a wilderness area after a carjacking, if that is what it was, didn't make sense to me initially. But the license plate missing means someone didn't want it easily traced, so I'm sort of at a loss on what happened here. I only hope he's found and is safe.

If you were going to carjack someone, why would you drive and leave it in a remote location, where someone would have to come pick you up? Usually carjacked vehicles are either taken to a "chop shop" to be sold for parts (most carjacked vehicles end up this way to be chopped up for parts, or, not infrequently, for their accessory items, like performance rims and high-end audio systems, which might be worth more than the car itself. Carjacking also happens for simply a joyride (more typical in large urban areas by youthful offenders) or to have a vehicle to commit another crime -then abandon. But to drive it to a wilderness area after a carjacking, if that is what it was, didn't make sense to me initially. But the license plate missing means someone didn't want it easily traced, so I'm sort of at a loss on what happened here. I only hope he's found and is safe.
I agree. But maybe the vehicle broke down? I can’t be sure but the situation makes me fear for Keith’s outcome. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JSlice
Back