Kelly Preston dies at 57 after battle with breast cancer

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just saw this in a NY Times post on FB. Such sad news, and at only 57 years old. They've been married nearly 30 years. I feel very sad for John Travolta and the two children. The youngest one is only 10 or so I think.

Lots of respect that it was kept so quiet and not leaked to TMZ or some rag paper for monetary compensation. I’m glad they were able to spend time as a family and get her medical treatments without the paparazzi and “journalists” butting in.

Yes. John’s first love Diana Hyland also died of breast cancer while they were together. So tragic.

- - -

She began a romantic relationship with actor John Travolta, 18 years her junior, in 1976 after meeting him when she played his mother in the television movie The Boy in the Plastic Bubble.

Hyland was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1977, and underwent a mastectomy. However, the cancer spread and her health deteriorated. Hyland and Travolta remained together until her death on March 27, 1977 in Los Angeles.

Diana Hyland - Wikipedia

Imagine being an 18 year old young man and going through that kind of loss. He’s been through a lot.

Last edited:
This death is so frustrating. She would of had access to the best level of care and in all probability was other wise healthy, strong and cooperative with treatment.

Yet, she lost this fight. By extension, we all lost this fight. This death illustrates how difficult cures for cancers are and how much ground there is to cover.

The Manhattan Project combined the best of science and engineering to produce atomic weapons quickly. Perhaps a similar national level Manhattan Project can be launched against cancers?

This death is so frustrating. She would of had access to the best level of care and in all probability was other wise healthy, strong and cooperative with treatment.

Yet, she lost this fight. By extension, we all lost this fight. This death illustrates how difficult cures for cancers are and how much ground there is to cover.

The Manhattan Project combined the best of science and engineering to produce atomic weapons quickly. Perhaps a similar national level Manhattan Project can be launched against cancers?
I remember thinking the same thoughts when Farrah Fawcett died of rectal cancer. She even went to Germany for treatments not available in the US. We have a long ways to go it seems.

I wouldn't count on her getting any sort of conventional cancer treatment, based on her beliefs in Scientology. https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/NOTs/medical/jacobsen-medical.txt

RIP Kelly. :rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyShakes
Back