Kentucky - Judge killed, sheriff arrested in Letcher County courthouse shooting - Sep. 19, 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He has a constitutional right to face his accuser in court.
If the victim went and reported it immeadiately, rape kit done, statements/interviews done, then she dies. Is it not the State's obligation to still prosecute? I'm not saying that's the situation, we don't know, but was he prosecuted for her rape before she passed?

Garbage article. Basically they took the rumors we’ve all seen, then asked police if they were true, to which police gave the boilerplate answer that everything is on the table.

'Our investigators seized the two cell phones and they're being analyzed.'
Honestly, it would take all of 15 seconds to look at both phones and figure out exactly how and why whatever it was on both of them, seemed central to what Stines did.

jmo

Honestly, it would take all of 15 seconds to look at both phones and figure out exactly how and why whatever it was on both of them, seemed central to what Stines did.

jmo
Oh for sure. The judge’s phone would have been open to whatever he was looking at. So they’d know that, and if it jibes with whatever Stines has claimed.

Private Security Agency?
.... In the mean time, since he's not performing his duty, case law allows the court to hire a private security agency and guess who pays for it? IMO I don't see how not resigning helps him in this case
snipped for focus @acehard

From a quick search, I did not find anything that case or statute that seemed was relevant re court hiring a private security agency or who would pay for it. Could have missed it.

I'd appreciate a link to the court opinion or news stories.
@acehard ? Anyone?

Garbage article. Basically they took the rumors we’ve all seen, then asked police if they were true, to which police gave the boilerplate answer that everything is on the table.

-Cops are investigating a 'sex scandal' motive among other leads in the sensational death of judge Kevin Mullins who was allegedly murdered by the sheriff of his tiny Appalachian community, DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal.

Lurid sexual allegations about married district judge Mullins began circulating almost immediately among some folk in and around the small town of Whitesburg, where the killing happened on the afternoon of September 19

-Kentucky State Police, the lead agency in the investigation, confirmed to DailyMail.com that detectives were including the sex claims among many other lines of inquiry as a possible reason for the baffling killing.

Asked if the allegations were in the mix, Trooper Matt Gayheart said: 'Absolutely. We are not ruling out anything as a possible motive.

-'The whole thing will be investigated thoroughly. It's just going to take some time to make sure we can make the right determination. It could be weeks, it could be months.

'Our investigators seized the two cell phones and they're being analyzed.'
Totally agree with you on “garbage article” by DM.

Since that rumor is now acknowledged via the DMail, I’m hoping it’s okay to mention that a account has been created by a sister-in-law of the Sheriff’s wife, making the wife and daughter of the Sheriff the beneficiaries.

In her statement she assures donors the money is strictly for the wife and daughter’s living expenses (not for legal expenses) and that there is no truth to those rumors regarding- any abuse. I don’t want to repeat the rumors, though she does, out of respect to the Judge.

Totally agree with you on “garbage article” by DM.

Since that rumor is now acknowledged via the DMail, I’m hoping it’s okay to mention that a account has been created by a sister-in-law of the Sheriff’s wife, making the wife and daughter of the Sheriff the beneficiaries.

In her statement she assures donors the money is strictly for the wife and daughter’s living expenses (not for legal expenses) and that there is no truth to those rumors regarding- any abuse. I don’t want to repeat the rumors, though she does, out of respect to the Judge.
I guess I can’t say what type of account was created. It involves a fundraising company.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
upnorthmichigansleuth
Back