KidFinders ~ Have the EVER found a kid? & Kathi B. Interview #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am only asking questions here as I don't know what has gone on in the investigation process or what accusations have been lodged against them. I am asking because you seem to know plus you do seem to have definite opinions on them being "baseless" thus far.

When they came out with the "paperwork" before they shut down the one...my question then and still is...how do they investigate and account for the cash donations? Does anyone else know?

If you read back through this thread, you will see that there are many others here that know far more about this topic than I, and I was grateful for being filled in on things by some of them last night.

I think people need to be careful/sceptical re donating cash (without a receipt) to any charity. Sadly, many people out on corners holding charity tins have been found to be skimming from those tins in the past. Further, unless I was satisfied a charity was legit, I would not donate to it, and I certainly have not donated to, and do not intend to donate to, this one.

That having been said, I still think it's wrong, without further evidence, to call these people frauds. And I acknowledge that perhaps there is further evidence out there that I am not aware of...I am basing it on what I do know, and concede I do not know everything!

If I recall, when they closed the one it had a ridiculously low number like under $2,000.00 or something in it which made me wonder about the cash donations. (At least, it seemed a pretty low number to me, but I am not saying it wasn't accurate.)

Not stating facts here, but News 13 reported this morning that the Kid Finders tent was shut down early yesterday for lack of volunteers to "man the post", and that they are disappointed in the low donations they received this weekend.

If that's the case, sounds like a clear message to the A's and KFN from the local public to me.

With Kid Finders doing posters and such, why are there not posters all over the Orlando area? With a missing person, awareness is the key- and yes Caylee definitely has received more awareness then LOTS of missing people out there, but the posters not being up all over is kinda surprising to me.

With Kid Finders doing posters and such, why are there not posters all over the Orlando area? With a missing person, awareness is the key- and yes Caylee definitely has received more awareness then LOTS of missing people out there, but the posters not being up all over is kinda surprising to me.
Excellent question. Where are they putting up the posters?

So you aren't a fan of the A fam, but you are against people wanting to insure that money given to them has been fully accounted for to protect innocent people from being taken advantage of?

I have to ask...if they don't know for certain how much cash is being taken in (therefore possibly not reported), then how can they say in any document it was obtained legally and used according to the legal requirements? Under reporting of funds obtained could be a serious problem in any "charitable" organization who deals directly with cash donations, imo. (I am not saying this has happened in this particular case.)

How do they go about investigating the matter? Unless there is a papertrail, they would have to rely on donors to step forward to give statements as to how much money they contributed...yes? I think this would fall under the public's right to know. If it takes people questioning their methods of reporting or lodging complaints to be investigated in the first place...how is this considered wrong coming from people who may not be directly involved, but are concerned?

Charity organizations are supposed to have publi8c accountings of what is done with their money, It's supposed to be public record.

I have another question?!

When the last trust was shut down and an accounting shown in PDF form online it showed that GA bought the T-shirts that they were selling. I saw the order forms with my own eyes and thought that was weird then. IIRC there were two separate purchases that I saw for a few hundred T's each time, each costing approx $250 and that money came from the CMATF. The money for the T's was NOT coming from KF that I could see, at least no deposits to match the amt that GA spent on the T's was ever made to the CMATF to show that they were reimbursed the purchase price of the T's. So, are the A's supplying the T's to be purchased and KF's is taking the money (or donations :rolleyes: ) that they get for selling the T's? If so, great operation, they don't even put out the cost of the T's yet rake in all the donation money from them.

Just curious if anyone knows anything about this or has wondered the same thing? :waitasec:

Even if they haven't conducted searches they have done fingerprints etc. I totally agree that they r using the A's as much as the A's r using them. You are correct with the new service "search and rescue" which they r promoting for the A's sake to use them!
If you look at the links of photos it shows pics of them doing fingerprinting & photos.

Links:
http://kidfindersnetwork.com/gallery.php?num=9
http://kidfindersnetwork.com/gallery.php?num=10
http://kidfindersnetwork.com/gallery.php?num=8
http://kidfindersnetwork.com/gallery.php?num=7
http://kidfindersnetwork.com/gallery.php
Is sthe "technician" they provide a certified digital fingerprint person? I am still not impressed with the track record of this company or the convicted felon who runs it. Every event for fingerprinting that I took my children to was run by a law enforcement person qualified to take digital fingerprints. It's apparents these people can't run their own finances, yet they are running donations:? Come on, now.

"George and Cindy Anthony are so driven to bring home every child. There is no handbook to teach you what to do in this situation when faced with this kind of devastation to a family, and they have been wonderful," Kid Finders Network spokeswoman Michelle Bart said.

The Kid Finders Network has set up a location to spread the word about missing children along Goldenrod Road near state Road 50. They'll be there Thursday through Tuesday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. until the end of December.

http://www.wesh.com/news/17996076/detail.html (Bolded by me)

"George and Cindy Anthony are so driven to bring home every child. There is no handbook to teach you what to do in this situation when faced with this kind of devastation to a family, and they have been wonderful," Kid Finders Network spokeswoman Michelle Bart said.

The Kid Finders Network has set up a location to spread the word about missing children along Goldenrod Road near state Road 50. They'll be there Thursday through Tuesday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. until the end of December.

No mention of them being there in January? Oh, that's right, the trial will be happening. I guess they'd look pretty silly sitting in the tent while Casey is being tried for murder. I just wish this case would end, it's really getting weirder by the day.
I still wonder how MB got to be a spokesperson when she writes like a 10 year old.

No mention of them being there in January? Oh, that's right, the trial will be happening. I guess they'd look pretty silly sitting in the tent while Casey is being tried for murder. I just wish this case would end, it's really getting weirder by the day.
I still wonder how MB got to be a spokesperson when she writes like a 10 year old.

She's probably secretly related to Todd B. and it runs in the "family".

Not stating facts here, but News 13 reported this morning that the Kid Finders tent was shut down early yesterday for lack of volunteers to "man the post", and that they are disappointed in the low donations they received this weekend.

If that's the case, sounds like a clear message to the A's and KFN from the local public to me.

Wow...I must say I am very happy they did not get the fan club turn out they were probably hoping for.

Wow...I must say I am very happy they did not get the fan club turn out they were probably hoping for.

Me too! I just can't imagine why people didn't show up. <sarcastically said as I fume>:furious:

KFN attaching themselves to this case doesn't even make sense to me. Who would donate to them or anything to do with the Anthony's at this point? Most people who follow cases like this do so with the hope of a happy ending, which clearly 99% of the population does not believe to be a viable outcome in this case. Doesn't seem like a money making venture to me.

OMG has EVERYONE coined the Lee Peterson "no handbook" comment. Well, they are wrong. There is a procedure for grief and it involves emotions and tears, not smiles and "gimmee money." It involves family PUBLICLY begging for the return of their loved one, not attacking everyone who doesn't think their way. It involves graciousness and thank yous, not screaming and pointing fingers. It involves NOT accusing every Tom Dick and Harry but helping LE get tot he truth of the matter. Among many otrher traits, NONE of which the Anthonys have displayed. moo

Somebody go write them a check for $5 and look at the back when the bank processes!!! Then we'll know who's depositing the $$$!!! LOL no wait! They are doing this "in a backwards sort of way" right????:dervish:

If KFN does fingerprinting etc. for children anywhere they set up a booth r whatever, it maybe the one thing a parent needs if God forbid their child goes missing. It might be a parent who might never have done so if they didn't have a booth set up while they were there....as long as it's free r at a very, very, low cost to the parent.

I'm not saying I agree with the backgrounds of the people that run this organization, but it is sadly needed in the world we live in. I do greatly feel that they are taking advantage of the A's for their benefit.:furious:

Everyone should have their child's fingerprints & recent pictures of them at all times. I sure wouldn't want to identify my child's body because I didn't have fingerprints r whatever!

I would love if Caylee was found alive but the evidence is not pointing to that being the case!
Caylee Angel We Love You! :angel::blowkiss::angel:

Do they charge at the booth for fingerprinting? Project Jason, for example, sends kits for free. My children's school does a kit every year for each child as a courtesy on school picture day....

You are so right- there is no handbook, but there is the normal way to react to this horrific nightmare- a) work with LE, b) hire your own PI if you feel LE is not handling properly BUT don't bash LE in public, c) Plead for your child (I.E. Jane, we love you, we'll find you! Stay strong!), d) Plead to the person(s) you believe are involved (Please we'll do anything for our Jane- if you have any info, please call, email, etc).

Have you ever seen 1 thing exhibited by this family? Work in collaboration with families of other missing children.... work with organizations that deal with missing children- I.E. NCMEC, Project Jason, KLAAS Kids, etc. Don't shun organizations that will help search for your child- good or bad.

It just doesn't cease to amaze me the reaction this family is getting---- although they may not have lead to Caylee being taken from them, they certainly are making it hard for the general public to have much sympathy or empathy for them.

The sad part is that it is all about ratings and the news media is picking up on it every single day. It's sad for all the other missing people out there who so desparately could use the coverage- Justain Gaines, Kyle Fleishmann, Jennifer Kesse, etc etc etc etc...

Do they charge at the booth for fingerprinting? Project Jason, for example, sends kits for free. My children's school does a kit every year for each child as a courtesy on school picture day....

KF website says it's free. The 'technicians' are volunteers, per the site info.

However, one of their "other" businesses ( for-profit SIAF) charges for a do-it-yourself fingerprint and dna kit.

KF website says it's free. The 'technicians' are volunteers, per the site info.

However, one of their "other" businesses ( for-profit SIAF) charges for a do-it-yourself fingerprint and dna kit.
Does not equate to qualified imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member