Kiomarie and other issues

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, I beg to differ, Princess Rose. Researching a case like this to the Nth degree takes a LOT of people, time, effort and thinking. The defense doesn't have endless resources. What better way to look for prosecution holes and test possible theories out then on WS, where so many smart people are intimately familiar with the case? And have everything and everybody in the case organized by separate threads, where most other sites just have long, long general rambling threads where it's time consuming to find any reliable information.

I believe that everybody involved reads here - media, prosecution, defense, Anthony's. We have seen issues raised here show up in the "real world."

The defense is DESPERATE to find ANY little thing that could help get their client off, and I believe that it is unrealistic to think that they WOULDN'T be looking here, one of the best Casey Anthony case resources available anywhere. They would be foolish NOT to, IMO.

Collectively, we have sleuthed this case to the Nth degree, and I would guess that 90+% are satisfied that we have come to the right conclusions in most things. We already have a really good idea on how this trial is going to shape up, and what witnesses are going to be important.

And that's my :twocents: ! :)

Do you know of any case where the defense has been helped by what has been blogged about here?

Do you know of any case where the defense has been helped by what has been blogged about here?

TM brought up WS in her LE interview so we know Casey is aware of our existence. It's not a big leap to think the defense is trolling the web (WS, in particular) looking for the public's take on things. I would be very surprised if they are not. In fact, I'd go so far as to say the State is checking in, as well.

Just because we've never heard of a case helped by bloggers doesn't mean it hasn't happened. After all, we sort of represent the jury pool, don't we?

I don't care to help the defense but that's just me and my :twocents:.

Good advice JBean. Although I think many of us are waiting for the explanation portion. It is abundantly clear that a few posters are distrustful of Kio, yet we can't seem to get any answers as to why it matters.

It is being suggested that Kio had some nefarious purposes for reporting her concerns to LE, as if she were guilty of something. Many of us want to know why. I know some members here are still on the fence about KC's guilt, but what reason is given to look at Kio as the "Some Other Dude"?

Since we have a thread that is already 9 pages long, let's flesh this out a bit. What would Kio's motives be? Why in the world would KC have told such ridiculous stories that never included Kio as a suspect? Why should I consider a girl who comes off a bit scatter-brained as a more viable suspect than the child's mother who has lied continually and shown not a lick of remorse?

That is why it is so hard for many of us not to reply to this thread. The allegations against Kio seem baseless, comprised of whole-cloth speculation, unless someone can point us to these kinds of answers. We get it, a couple of you are suspicious of Kio, so please give us something to investigate. JMO
I am not getting that people are necessarily suspicious of Kio? i think they are just analyzing her behavior like everyone else in this case has been analyzed.the fact that this thread is 9 pages and had to be shut down and restarted tells me it is something people want to discuss or they wouldn't be.
Some times there is no goal in mind when discussing an aspect of the case, but rather just laying the information out there for analysis and see if anything comes of it. At a minimum it is documented for what may come in the future.

But in reality, my post was referring to where someone said that some information had been hashed and rehashed to death. I think sometimes we forget that admission here is on a rolling basis and even though many of us have been here posting since the beginning not everyone has, and those people should not feel as though they cannot revisit a topic that you and I are totally over.
If a poster bumps an old topic for new discussion either people join in and the thread flourishes or they say " can not go there anymore" and the thread dies. I have no interest in Kiomarie and so i rarely read or post in threads about her.

It is up to the posting membership, but I never like to see an idea shot down because it has already been discussed. But there are lots of new members or old members just coming to this case that have not read as many threads as some of us and they may want to analyze and so they bump old threads. Now if a new thread is started on an old topic that makes me crazy.

We as members keep a thread alive. One person can certainly post something every single day on a thread and have no one respond I suppose. but it wouldn't be all that fulfilling.

TM brought up WS in her LE interview so we know Casey is aware of our existence. It's not a big leap to think the defense is trolling the web (WS, in particular) looking for the public's take on things. I would be very surprised if they are not. In fact, I'd go so far as to say the State is checking in, as well.

Just because we've never heard of a case helped by bloggers doesn't mean it hasn't happened. After all, we sort of represent the jury pool, don't we?

I don't care to help the defense but that's just me and my :twocents:.

Did it ever occur to you that anticipating the possible defense case would help the prosecution?

However, realistically, I seriously doubt that the defense or the prosecution care about anything we post here. No one here has inside information. No one here knows anything that the defense and prosecution don't know already.

Respectfully, I beg to differ, Princess Rose. Researching a case like this to the Nth degree takes a LOT of people, time, effort and thinking. The defense doesn't have endless resources. What better way to look for prosecution holes and test possible theories out then on WS, where so many smart people are intimately familiar with the case? And have everything and everybody in the case organized by separate threads, where most other sites just have long, long general rambling threads where it's time consuming to find any reliable information.

I believe that everybody involved reads here - media, prosecution, defense, Anthony's. We have seen issues raised here show up in the "real world."

The defense is DESPERATE to find ANY little thing that could help get their client off, and I believe that it is unrealistic to think that they WOULDN'T be looking here, one of the best Casey Anthony case resources available anywhere. They would be foolish NOT to, IMO.

Collectively, we have sleuthed this case to the Nth degree, and I would guess that 90+% are satisfied that we have come to the right conclusions in most things. We already have a really good idea on how this trial is going to shape up, and what witnesses are going to be important.

And that's my :twocents: ! :)

From the motions the defense has filed, it's clear that they're desperate to find something they can hang their hat on and call it their defense.

I don't think the defense is going to be able to make the claim that someone else did it. I'm certain that LE took all steps necessary to investigate everyone in this case, especially since they would have to know that the defense would make the claim that someone else did it.

From the onset, Casey claimed the non - existent nanny kidnapped Caylee - that was the first "somone else did it." So proceeding from this point, LE thoroughly investigated every one - JG, TL, AH, RM, Kio, and others, and eliminated them as suspects. The ONLY suspect is sitting in the Orange County Jail.

Casey was arrested within the first 24 hours of the 911 call for obstruction of justice, child neglect, and lying to the police. But, that didn't stop LE from investigation of all others. The investigation took time, and it was nearly three months later (minus one day) that the grand jury examined the evidence and indicted Casey for murder.

While there's conflicting statements with Kio, I don't think that will really have a bearing on the outcome of this case.

Just catching up on this thread...and hafta add how professional it is reading lately.

In the short time I've been a member, despite the nature-of-the-beast reading through idle chit-chat (which has its place too), I often catch myself thinking of what it would cost to pay some of the brilliant minds that show up here for the opinions & insights we read...yet we all* get the benefit of them.

*SA, LE, Defense, family, interested parties, etc., etc.

Voltaire said, "No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking". I like to think of WS embodying that concept and, in this case, seeking the truth for Caylee.

I esp. appreciate members that step forward w/ opinions that may buck the flow of popular opinion...it makes us think...and on WS...more often than not...I see those opinions treated w/ respect and given thoughtful consideration.

So...thanks for the "assault of sustained thinking". :)

Actually, I believe it would be beneficial to go over all the other LE interviews at this point in time. We know so much more now, it would be worthwhile to see what other inconsistencies/issues we might find.

You are so right, every time I listen to the interviews again I hear things that didn't jump out before. It's really kind of amazing after all this time. Just because the retrospect is greater every time you go back to listen.

Which is why we are a little bored and Jonesing for a new doc dump.

If the defense DOES read here, they will quickly see that we have eliminated every, single, other person (though I really don't think, at this point, there will be any bus-throwing) and why. And, we beat the SODDI thing literally to death.

Wow, I have a very different opinion. I don't think many people have been ruled out yet. Who else even had the cadaver dogs taken to their home, vehicles, storage unit, or anyplace else?

From the motions the defense has filed, it's clear that they're desperate to find something they can hang their hat on and call it their defense.

I definitely think the defense have their work cut out for them, they're going to have to basically mount an investigation of their own. Sad that by now lots of evidence could potentitally have disappeared. In saying this, I also can't fault LE for reaching the conclusions they did, in their experience when someone is apparently lying about the disappearance of their child, it usually means they killed them. Then they found what they think could be a human decomp air signature in her car trunk. She wouldn't rat out any boyfriend or anything, so they thought she must be the killer.

Wow, I have a very different opinion. I don't think many people have been ruled out yet. Who else even had the cadaver dogs taken to their home, vehicles, storage unit, or anyplace else?

OT,but that is the cutest child in your avitar!
Why would LE have to take the dogs to anyone elses home when they HIT several times in the Anthony's yard? That's where Caylee was.
And how are they supposed to find anyone else involved when the child's mother says she left her with an imaginary person at an empty apt?
All roads lead to KC. Things found at remains site were from the A's house.Who else could have taken that stuff without CA noticing?CA covered up the fact the blanket was missing until Caylee was found and LE had a search warrant.Why would she do that unless she knew KC was involved?
IMO the only other people that could possibly be involved would be someone in that home. The list pointing to KC is too long to be anyone else,IMO.
Is there any evidence that it could be someone else?

OT,but that is the cutest child in your avitar!
Why would LE have to take the dogs to anyone elses home when they HIT several times in the Anthony's yard? That's where Caylee was.
And how are they supposed to find anyone else involved when the child's mother says she left her with an imaginary person at an empty apt?
All roads lead to KC. Things found at remains site were from the A's house.Who else could have taken that stuff without CA noticing?CA covered up the fact the blanket was missing until Caylee was found and LE had a search warrant.Why would she do that unless she knew KC was involved?
IMO the only other people that could possibly be involved would be someone in that home. The list pointing to KC is too long to be anyone else,IMO.
Is there any evidence that it could be someone else?

BBM

I agree with you completely, but I was wondering if we knew that they didn't take the dogs to other locations? I mean, I guess we don't know, but is it possible that the cadaver dogs were brought to other areas to search, and we just don't know that yet?

And for some reason, I am thinking that the dogs sniffed TL's car, or am I misremembering that?

I have been reading this thread with interest, but there is one factor I am still unclear about. Could one of the posters who has doubts about Kio's testimony help me understand where that doubt leads you?

I mean, if we distrust Kio's motives for turning on her "friend" so quickly, then what do we suspect that means? Are some of you considering that Kio may be involved somehow?

Please don't take these questions in the wrong way. I am not trying to be argumentative; I'm hoping to understand the importance of this. With so much early evidence alerting all of us public nobodies that KC's story didn't wash, what is the significance of the timing or inconsistencies in Kio's interviews?

Thanks in advance; I really want to follow where others may be going with this. I'm not seeing anything myself, but I always appreciate a look from another perspective.

Good advice JBean. Although I think many of us are waiting for the explanation portion. It is abundantly clear that a few posters are distrustful of Kio, yet we can't seem to get any answers as to why it matters.

It is being suggested that Kio had some nefarious purposes for reporting her concerns to LE, as if she were guilty of something. Many of us want to know why. I know some members here are still on the fence about KC's guilt, but what reason is given to look at Kio as the "Some Other Dude"?

Since we have a thread that is already 9 pages long, let's flesh this out a bit. What would Kio's motives be? Why in the world would KC have told such ridiculous stories that never included Kio as a suspect? Why should I consider a girl who comes off a bit scatter-brained as a more viable suspect than the child's mother who has lied continually and shown not a lick of remorse?

That is why it is so hard for many of us not to reply to this thread. The allegations against Kio seem baseless, comprised of whole-cloth speculation, unless someone can point us to these kinds of answers. We get it, a couple of you are suspicious of Kio, so please give us something to investigate. JMO

I think what this poster and some others are getting at is that there seems to be some innuendo of something nefarious on the part of Kio in some of the posts. While posters may write that they're not accusing Kio (or anyone else) that flavor remains in the questions asked; at least to my reading. Perhaps I'm seeing things that aren't there but it also appears to me that others are as well based on their responses.

Personally, I feel in a bit of a quandry with threads like this: Do I just ignore the thread and expect it to go away? Or do I challenge what I see as potentially misleading examination? Isn't this how conspiracy theories get started? What if there really was someone on the grassy knoll?

As another quick, totally o/t example, there was a thread here that had as part of the title something along the lines of, 'Could KC walk?' That's a question, not a statement but I think when one reads that "question" the implication is clear. Did anyone read that and not draw the inference that it was possible that KC could walk?

I definitely think the defense have their work cut out for them, they're going to have to basically mount an investigation of their own. Sad that by now lots of evidence could potentitally have disappeared. In saying this, I also can't fault LE for reaching the conclusions they did, in their experience when someone is apparently lying about the disappearance of their child, it usually means they killed them. Then they found what they think could be a human decomp air signature in her car trunk. She wouldn't rat out any boyfriend or anything, so they thought she must be the killer.

Which boyfriend do you think she wouldn't "rat out"? I think it's pretty clear the entire family tried to implicate JG and according to TMc's audio interview, TL was also deemed a "rat" or something similar.

My understanding is that the several friends that took poly's were ruled out. Interesting the entire A clan refused the same "clearing" method.

My understanding is that LE did thorough investigations and ruled out everyone BUT KC. Do you have information on anyone NOT being cleared by LE?

Perhaps more importantly, who has not been ruled out that would have had access to this child but through her mother?

Does anyone believe Kio will be called to testify for either side? If so, why? What do you think Kio could offer either side?

Does anyone believe Kio will be called to testify for either side? If so, why? What do you think Kio could offer either side?

I haven't heard anything from the defense that leads me to believe they are interested in her testimony at all. I can't think of why they might need it either. I just don't think that she would be able to bring any information to the trial that would really help either side.

Not to be too mean, but my take on her is that she doesn't seem to be too bright. It almost seems like she might have thought, "hey, I know Casey, we used to hang out...I should go talk to the police!"

She did give them her idea as to where the body might be, but it wasn't there. Since that didn't pan out, I don't see any other info that would help.

I haven't heard anything from the defense that leads me to believe they are interested in her testimony at all. I can't think of why they might need it either. I just don't think that she would be able to bring any information to the trial that would really help either side.

Not to be too mean, but my take on her is that she doesn't seem to be too bright. It almost seems like she might have thought, "hey, I know Casey, we used to hang out...I should go talk to the police!"

She did give them her idea as to where the body might be, but it wasn't there. Since that didn't pan out, I don't see any other info that would help.

Remember too that Kio was strongly encouraged to go to LE by the Bailey's according to her transcript and theirs. IIRC, Mr. Bailey even followed up to make sure her info got to LE.

Something I think that is difficult for some of us, well, at least me, is to recall being a late-teen, early-twenty something and the general personality that goes along with it. It would seem bizarre in the extreme for one of our friends to call asking to borrow money. I can't recall that happening. But at that age... Well, iirc, it wasn't that big of a deal. In fact, I remember loaning a friend tuition money once. They weren't quite able to make it by the deadline so I loaned either $500 or $700 and was paid back two weeks later. I wasn't experienced enough in the ways of the world at that time to even consider I may not get paid back, kwim?

lin
I always enjoy your posts. Thank you for stimulating some interesting conversation and suggesting specific aspects to consider. I find it makes for more useful sleuthing when we have focus.

Which is what they DID do. Remember the PI on the stand saying he was investigating the 'stuff' surrounding the disappearance of Caylee. That was why he was hired.

If they found anything, it would be turned over. What has been turned over? Nada.

They have the same list of folks the LE has and the opportunity to talk to KC for more names. More folks to investigate.

It is "THIS", is why the lawyers for ZFG wants to talk to the PI. Did he search for ZFG's? IF he didn't then it shows the defense wasn't even believing the ZFG story. Was he searching for persons who took the baby? If he wasn't, then the defense all ready knew the baby was dead.

The best evidence disappeared during the 31 days. OF course, we all know that. That aside, from the moment that KC hired JB, it was his job to be searching for evidence. If he failed to do his job, then it is his fault, not LE's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megamookie