Knowing all you know today about this case who do you think really killed JonBenet?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Who do you believe killed JonBenet?

• Patsy

Votes: 168 25.0%
  • John

Votes: 44 6.6%
  • Burke

Votes: 107 15.9%
  • an unknown intruder

Votes: 86 12.8%
  • BR (head bash), then JR

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • BR (head bash); then JR & PR (strangled/coverup)

Votes: 113 16.8%
  • Knowing all I know, still on the fence.

Votes: 55 8.2%
  • John, with an 'inside' accomplice

Votes: 11 1.6%
  • I think John and Patsy caught him and he made her cover up

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • I still have no idea

Votes: 57 8.5%
  • patsy and john helped cover it up

Votes: 9 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's convenient at this late stage to put all the blame on someone who will never be held responsible for the crimes. JMHO!!

You're not alone, although it may feel like it here.

Mama2JML,
Nearly everyone wanted it to be an intruder. Yet there is no forensic evidence linking directly to an intruder. Given the violence offered to JonBenet you might expect some relevent forensic evidence.

There is none, zilch, zero.

There is evidence linking all three Ramsey's resident in the house that night directly with the wine-cellar.

I would prefer it to have been an intruder. Well, I mean if we're dreamin' here I wish this had never happened, but the idea of an intruder is easier to accept than the idea of family doing this to a baby girl.

I would prefer it to have been an intruder. Well, I mean if we're dreamin' here I wish this had never happened, but the idea of an intruder is easier to accept than the idea of family doing this to a baby girl.

That goes for me, too. Every word of it.

Mama2JML,
Nearly everyone wanted it to be an intruder. Yet there is no forensic evidence linking directly to an intruder. Given the violence offered to JonBenet you might expect some relevent forensic evidence.

There is none, zilch, zero.

There is evidence linking all three Ramsey's resident in the house that night directly with the wine-cellar.

Here's another piece of evidence for RDI, IMO. I could be out of the loop on this, and there may be a reason that makes sense even if it had been done by an intruder, but I don't think so...

Why is the date on JBR's gravestone December 25, 1996?? Do the Ramsey's know something we don't know??

That's been bugging me for a while -- but maybe I missed a good, sound answer somewhere along the line...

images

Here's another piece of evidence for RDI, IMO. I could be out of the loop on this, and there may be a reason that makes sense even if it had been done by an intruder, but I don't think so...

Why is the date on JBR's gravestone December 25, 1996?? Do the Ramsey's know something we don't know??

That's been bugging me for a while -- but maybe I missed a good, sound answer somewhere along the line...

images

borndem,
Only the R's know. Yet JonBenet may have been killed on 12/25/1996, or at least some R wishes it were so?

Other than that it might simply reflect PR's penchant for the dramatic, i.e. the paintbrush/ligature, ransom note, size-12's, and the 911 audio performance?

borndem,
Only the R's know. Yet JonBenet may have been killed on 12/25/1996, or at least some R wishes it were so?

Other than that it might simply reflect PR's penchant for the dramatic, i.e. the paintbrush/ligature, ransom note, size-12's, and the 911 audio performance?

UKGuy - Solid answer -- yes, Dec 25 sounds more tragic & a lot more dramatic than Dec 26. Patsy did have a penchant or two... Thanks! :uk:

images

Here 'ya go, borndem. Midwest mama answered this not too long ago:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8857517#post8857517"]Steve Thomas's Theory/Murder Timeline - Page 7 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

In John Ramsey's words:
[SIZE=-1]I selected December 25 (as that date of death shown on JonBenét's headstone) because I didn't want the world to forget what it did to our daughter on the day of joy and peace, Christmas Day. I want people fifty years from now, a hundred years from now, to look at the marker and say, "The world went mad on that Christmas Day, and someone brutally murdered a child during the peace of Christmas night." [/SIZE]
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/ne...ed-story-interview-john-and-patsy-ramsey-par/

http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/2000/15aexps.html

Thanks much to otg and Midwest mama for the answer! Even that sounds odd to me. Seems like everything had to be "just right," didn't it?! jmo and <smh>

images

Wow, she couldn't even give her her own middle name- what an egotist! Just like Caylee Marie Anthony- not even allowed their own identities!!!

and her first name came from her dad's name: John Bennett Ramsey (one of PR's Francophile affectations)

and her first name came from her dad's name: John Bennett Ramsey (one of PR's Francophile affectations)

I don't think it means anything that she was named after her parents, particularly her middle name, LOTS of girls are given their mother or grandmothers name as their middle name. I have my grandmas name as my middle name, and my older sister has our mom's name as her middle name.

What I DO think is stupid: They named JonBenet after her dad, when he already has a kid named after him- John Andrew. So you in essence have two children both named John, just spelled differently. I just find it stupid to name two different children the same name. And John Andrew is already John Ramsey's namesake, you don't need two namesakes. It's just weird.

I don't think it means anything that she was named after her parents, particularly her middle name, LOTS of girls are given their mother or grandmothers name as their middle name. I have my grandmas name as my middle name, and my older sister has our mom's name as her middle name.

What I DO think is stupid: They named JonBenet after her dad, when he already has a kid named after him- John Andrew. So you in essence have two children both named John, just spelled differently. I just find it stupid to name two different children the same name. And John Andrew is already John Ramsey's namesake, you don't need two namesakes. It's just weird.
I have always been fond of her name, I think it suited her. It fit. Jonbenet is a pretty name for a little girl with her fathers name john. My dad's name is john and my name is a feminism form of john, I have disliked my name. But I like her name.

Here 'ya go, borndem. Midwest mama answered this not too long ago:
Steve Thomas's Theory/Murder Timeline - Page 7 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

In John Ramsey's words:
[SIZE=-1]I selected December 25 (as that date of death shown on JonBenét's headstone) because I didn't want the world to forget what it did to our daughter on the day of joy and peace, Christmas Day. I want people fifty years from now, a hundred years from now, to look at the marker and say, "The world went mad on that Christmas Day, and someone brutally murdered a child during the peace of Christmas night." [/SIZE]
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/ne...ed-story-interview-john-and-patsy-ramsey-par/

http://web.dailycamera.com/extra/ramsey/2000/15aexps.html

To me this is so F'd up. She did it either b/c she knows that is her actual DOD, or B/c she's such a narcissist that she couldn't help making it as dramatic as possible...for what macabre purpose idk. I don't mean to be harsh, but even now, less than 20 years later, there are many people who don't know about JRBs death, let alone people 100 years from now. Yes, future generations may notice and think what a shame, but Patsy's "prediction" as to how they will react is absurd.

My oldest has my middle name....my husband named her. Her name is Genevieve (we don't pronounce it the French way) and he picked my middle name when I asked him what her middle name should be.

Regarding the ridiculous statement made by JR regarding JBR's day of death ("The whole world went mad....") and how the whole world will react and remember her....

....yes, JR----point everything out to the world but make sure you have no fingers pointing back at you!

Yikes----talk about "distancing" himself from that fatal day! :scared:

To me this is so F'd up. She did it either b/c she knows that is her actual DOD, or B/c she's such a narcissist that she couldn't help making it as dramatic as possible...for what macabre purpose idk. I don't mean to be harsh, but even now, less than 20 years later, there are many people who don't know about JRBs death, let alone people 100 years from now. Yes, future generations may notice and think what a shame, but Patsy's "prediction" as to how they will react is absurd.

I think it's telling that there are a lot of ways Patsy could describe JonBenet's murder, with all the attention it got and would be true; basically any variant of it being one the most famous unsolved murders in the United States. But it's like that it isn't good enough for her....instead it's, "The world went mad!!!!" Or when she called into Larry King and said JonBenet is "America's Princess"? She could have said "There hasn't been this much media coverage for a child murder since the Lindbergh baby" and that would be true, but it's like she had to take it to the next level?

I think it's telling that there are a lot of ways Patsy could describe JonBenet's murder, with all the attention it got and would be true; basically any variant of it being one the most famous unsolved murders in the United States. But it's like that it isn't good enough for her....instead it's, "The world went mad!!!!" Or when she called into Larry King and said JonBenet is "America's Princess"? She could have said "There hasn't been this much media coverage for a child murder since the Lindbergh baby" and that would be true, but it's like she had to take it to the next level?

Pretty much :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member