Knowing all you know today about this case who do you think really killed JonBenet?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Who do you believe killed JonBenet?

• Patsy

Votes: 168 25.0%
  • John

Votes: 44 6.6%
  • Burke

Votes: 107 15.9%
  • an unknown intruder

Votes: 86 12.8%
  • BR (head bash), then JR

Votes: 4 0.6%
  • BR (head bash); then JR & PR (strangled/coverup)

Votes: 113 16.8%
  • Knowing all I know, still on the fence.

Votes: 55 8.2%
  • John, with an 'inside' accomplice

Votes: 11 1.6%
  • I think John and Patsy caught him and he made her cover up

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • I still have no idea

Votes: 57 8.5%
  • patsy and john helped cover it up

Votes: 9 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chrishope,

I agree. Both daughters would have to be present for any problem in interpretation to arise.

If Whaleshark's observations regarding the RN can be substantiated then we have another point in the case where the Ramsey's colluded in the staging.

There is already forensic evidence suggesting both the version of events and the wine-cellar are other areas where collusion can be demonstrated!

I think you and Chrishope missed my point entirely. I was implying that IF JR WOULD WRITE this RN - he would NOT use word 'daughter', he would use the specific name, JonBenet! For JR it shouldn't be matter where Melinda was at that time...In father mind, he has two daughters...I don't know if you have children or not...I have two daughters. And if I need to reference anyone of them in conversation or in writing - my mind dictates me to refer to them by name or saying 'youngest' or 'oldest'...The argument both of you made was from 'intruder' (stranger) perspective...not from JR perspective.....jmo...

The only thing about that though, open mind, is --

If John (or either parent) is supposed to be thinking like they are writing like a threatening foreign faction, they aren't going to be wanting to use her name in the note, especially since she is the only one in this entire nation with that unique name - not only would it not be surprising that they would not want to write her name in the note because of that, for sure, but even if she had a common name, the note is purposely supposed to relay distance from the child....

And I think, JR's perspective, flawed as it was, was to portray an intruder perspective. Although it is logical speculation, I will dangerously admit myself, I think it was not unreasonable to expect that they might think it a dead giveaway to reference JonBenet by name in the note. I don't think there was any confusion as to which daughter is being referenced.... The comment by Patsy about that later was such a nonsensical red herring, it didn't even bear taking seriously.... I see your point in trying to eliminate John as the author if he has two daughters, and should reference them separately in his mind, whereas Patsy only has one daughter and is referencing as such in her mind, so she is more likely the writer -- that's where you are going with this. And I'm acknowledging that consideration. But I still think it's reasonable not to eliminate him anyway, because he may not have thought about them that way at that moment, and only been focusing on the obvious situation, for one, and two, been hypersensitive to the fact that no one else would be writing her unique name in the ransom note -- not anyone that doesn't know her well enough anyway...

I think in this case it may have been a conscious choice, but who knows... All speculation of course, and you could be right....

P. S. -- this is of course all based on the fact that we are debating one author over the other, rather than both of them writing and authoring it together anyway...in which case, it doesn't become so hard to discern and decide...

For those of you who have Kolar's book, I encourage you to read again pages 321, starting with the paragraph that begins, "More recently, John Ramsey...." through page 325, ending with the first paragraph at the top of the page.

It is hard to believe an innocent father of a murdered 6 year old daughter would have had this sort of overall reaction. :notgood:

For those of you who have Kolar's book, I encourage you to read again pages 321, starting with the paragraph that begins, "More recently, John Ramsey...." through page 325, ending with the first paragraph at the top of the page.

It is hard to believe an innocent father of a murdered 6 year old daughter would have had this sort of overall reaction. :notgood:

MM, you're correct. JR is the master CREATOR of the LIES:
- I read JB book before she went to sleep; nope, I simply place her on the bed and we changed her clothes; nope, Patsy changed her;
- broken window story (I used it as entry this summer, many times before, I close it...);
- time of finding JBR body (he said 11:00am to Malinda's BF, he was in basement by himself somewhere between 7:00am and 9:00am);
- the reason he called his pilot in hour of finding his dead daughter (important meeting in Georgia, to get family out of misary);
- reason he hires the attorney's right away (friend recommended, someone called to suggest he's in trouble; police fault...);
- suitcase under window (I brought it in the basement but place it somewhere else; have no idea what inside because I thought it was empty);
- the chair in the basement was block door to TR but 'intruder' was smart enough to do it from INSIDE of TR while closing the door;
- I didn't know JB has bedwetting problem. I don't think it's problem at all!;
- 'I placed RN on the FLOOR and was reading it on my fours' - this is the most ridiculous lie ever, imo!...and the list can go on and on...

...While he's wife, the drama queen Patsy, developed the permanent AMNESIA and ANGER:
- I don't remember;
- I don't recall;
- I don't think so;
- I wouldn't say.....
- 'QUIT SCREWING AROUND ASKING ME THINGS THAT ARE RIDICULOUS...'...'BURKE RAMSEY didn't do it!!!!' ----lol, not just simply 'Burke' or 'my son'...but Burke RAMSEY!!!...she should add 'His Highness' Ramsey:)
jmo

Hello all.

Sorry if I am interupting, but I am new here. However, I have followed the JBR case since the beginning and I live in Cheyenne, WY which is not that far from Boulder, CO.

First of all, I believe the Ramseys committed the crime and do not believe an intruder did it.

I have just finished reading James Kolar's book, and although I think it was well written, I don't exactly agree with his conclusions and hints that BDI. I am not saying he is wrong, I just don't think it is what happened that night of Dec 26th. There are endless possibilities, and unless someone that was there in the house that night, tells what happened (if they even know the details), then we are never going know what really happened.

Like all of you, I am full of questions.

Whatever theory that I read about the Ramseys being involved, or theories that I come up with on my own, they always lead back to Patsy being at the center of it.

I do believe that JR did go to bed that night shortly after they got home from the Whites. Crime scene photos and reports that I read, say that it looked like JR side of the bed was slept in, but PR did not. Also, you all know PR was wearing the same clothes the next morning. It appears she never went to bed.

After the Ramseys got home, BR and JBR had pineapple as a snack before bed. Sometime after this, things went way wrong. Either BR smashed JBR in the head with something (I believe the head blow was caused by the flashlight) or PR did it.

If BR was the one who delivered the blow, I believe that PR would have woken up JR. She would have said Burke has just hit JB and she is laying on the floor unconscious. In this scenerio...John and Patsy would spend the rest of the night staging the scene. They probably would have tried to rouse her out of unconsciousness, before realizing that it was hopeless. - I don't think this happened thought and heres why...

Why would JR send Burke to the Whites house so quickly, if he knew that Burke did it. Wouldn't he have been worried that Burke would tell someone that he hit his sister the night before?

What I believed happened is that Burke actually did go to bed, but for some reason, JB was still up. Either in her room or the kitchen. Something set PR off, and it doesn't have to be the bedwetting scenerio. PR then lost control and bashed her in the head. In this scenerio...PR would NOT wake up JR out of guilt and fear. She probably then tried to revive JB. She probably waited at least an hour (or more), to see if JB would regain consciousness. She had no idea at the time how bad the blow was, since there was no exterior evidence. There was considerable swelling and hemoraging in different parts of the brain.

I think maybe that the model train track end marks on JB face (to neck) and on her lower back, may have been an attempt to get a response out of her by poking her with them, once she was unconscious. At some point after this PR thought that JB was dead and decided she had to cover it up. She then staged it as an intruder that wanted a ransom but was also a pedophile...go figure.

Anyways...I have always wondered...

What was PR ultimate plan??

Was she expecting when police got there and JR got up, that they would all go out looking for JB? At this point she could dump the body somewhere and then say, yep, the note said that if we contacted the police or deviated from the kidnappers instruction, that they would kill her, and here she is dumped in a field, etc.

Why would she call her friends over though? This made more people in the house, and how would she be able to find time to remove JB body?

Had she even thought that far ahead yet, and did she have a conclusion to her plan. I guess we will never know.

Now, I believe that JR did not really know at first that Patsy did it. I think he suspected it after finding JB body, and why he quickly lawyered everyone up after that.

Here are the points that I believe JR did not know when he got up that morning, that PR was the perpetrator.

1. He told police that the whole house was locked up the night before.
2. He told Fleet White that the window was broken by himself the previous summer, and did not appear concerned that this was an entry point for the intruder. He did not report this to the police until much later.
3. He gave the Ransom note pad to the police without thinking twice about it.
4. If he would have known that PR had killed their daughter at the time the police got their, then I think he would have told them about the open window right away, so that they would draw suspicion away from themselves.

Maybe JR to this day really doesn't know the details of what happened that night. He could have got to the point where he knew that his wife did it, that morning or afternoon of Dec 26th, but after that blocked the memory out, and made himself believe that an intruder did it. PR and JR may not have even discussed what really happened that night, and just accepted and actually believed the lie that an intruder did it. How else could you keep from going insane from the guilt and depression over what happened.

One last thing...I think that if BDI, he would have had problems in life since that night. Joran Van Door Sloot and Michael Skakel are a couple of examples. BR seems to have done well and has not had problems with the law or with drugs, etc. Plus, I think by now he would have told someone if he was involved in the death of his sister.

All for now. I tried to put my scattered thoughts about this case in order and I am sure I will think of things I left out, or did not explain very well.

Welcome to the forum. Many posters here feel the same way you do. Many of us have read Kolar's book, as well as Steve Thomas's book, which I recommend to you just to have a different perspective. He also felt Patsy was responsible. I lean towards BDI with BOTH parents covering it up. You didn't mention your thoughts about the sexual molestation- both that night (causing bleeding) and previously. That has to be considered in ANY theory because it was either the cause of the head bash (because she screamed) or the cause of the coverup (with a staged sexual assault to hide the previous assault(s).
I wasn't always BDI. I felt Patsy smashed or bashed her in a rage. But the more I studied the case with all it's puzzle pieces, BDI seems to make most of them fit together.
You can't compare BR to Joran Vander Sloot or Michael Slakely because they were true sociopaths and Joran is likely as psychopath as well. We will never know the extent of BR's ongoing psychological problems- his medical records were not released from his childhood, and because he is forever protected from prosecution in this case, his medical records, past and present, will never be available, either publicly or to LE. He may have far more severe problems than we know, and just because he hasn't killed or hurt anyone else doesn't mean he hasn't had psychological problems or disorders. I do not think he is likely to kill or hurt anyone else, at least I hope so, but there was SOMETHING in his past childhood medical records BEFORE his sister was killed, because the Rs demanded (and GOT) an "island of privacy" regarding BR's medical records as well as the rest of the family. That raised a red flag to me, and there had to be REASON for it that had something to do with this case. Possibly sexual abuse of his sister, harming animals or other children, or exhibiting some psychological problems and disturbing behaviors which the Rs needed to keep private. So we can't be talking simple childhood illness like chicken pox or strep throat.

Thank you Dee Dee;

Very good points. You have given me something to think about.

In the BDI scenerio, I wonder if Patsy gave Burke the pineapple after they got home and JonBennet came along and took some of it. Burke then freaks out and bashes her in the head for taking HIS pineapple. I wondered about this, because in Kolar's book, he mentions how Burke got farily pissed off, when the psychologist (I think it was a psychologist), accidently took a drink of his (Burkes) soda.

As for the prior sexual abuse...I didn't mention that because I read some things confirming that there was prior sexual abuse and also read some things that said there was no prior sexual abuse.

If there was prior sexual abuse, then I can appreciate the BDI theory more, and Kolar's chapter on that portion makes more sense to me.

But, if BDI, are women that he ends up being with now, in danger, or is it something that was just a childhood problem?

I have read Stephen Thomas' book and also 120 clues by SDM. I also have read the Investigative Report by James Kearney, but I thought his report was pretty far fetched, and I don't agree with most it.

Thank you Dee Dee;

Very good points. You have given me something to think about.

In the BDI scenerio, I wonder if Patsy gave Burke the pineapple after they got home and JonBennet came along and took some of it. Burke then freaks out and bashes her in the head for taking HIS pineapple. I wondered about this, because in Kolar's book, he mentions how Burke got farily pissed off, when the psychologist (I think it was a psychologist), accidently took a drink of his (Burkes) soda.

As for the prior sexual abuse...I didn't mention that because I read some things confirming that there was prior sexual abuse and also read some things that said there was no prior sexual abuse.

If there was prior sexual abuse, then I can appreciate the BDI theory more, and Kolar's chapter on that portion makes more sense to me.

But, if BDI, are women that he ends up being with now, in danger, or is it something that was just a childhood problem?

I have read Stephen Thomas' book and also 120 clues by SDM. I also have read the Investigative Report by James Kearney, but I thought his report was pretty far fetched, and I don't agree with most it.

Afterimage,
Welcome aboard. You seem to be well clued up. DeeDee249 is pretty much on the ball. BDI is the most consistent theory. Was it sexual abuse or an abuse cover up?

IMO BDI is simply a factor in something much larger, but he is a convenient scapegoat.

Afterimage, welcome to RDI 'boot' camp!!!:)... You'll enjoy being here...so many bright, intellegent minds here...and it's OK to change your theories based on something new you just learned...

W-E-L-C-O-M-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all for the welcome. :blushing:

(I chose my screen name from a Rush song by the same name, from their 1984 album titled Grace Under Pressure).

I have a couple questions for anyone that wishes to answer...

1. Would BR have been strong enough at 9 years old to cause the massive skull fracture that JB had.

2. How do the model train track marks fit into the crime? She didn't have these marks at the White's house on Dec 25th. And, if she was conscious when she was poked with the tracks, she would have moved away and would not have received the very pronounced marks that they left. My explanation, is that after BR knocked her unconscious, he was trying to get her to respond, by poking her with the tracks. (I never did believe they were stun gun marks, even before I found out the better explanation of the train tracks)

3. Was the scream heard between midnight and 2 am JB? Maybe not. It could have been PR screaming when she found out what had happened.

4. I always wondered what the strange, triangle shaped redness (bruise) on JB neck was. After reading J Kolar's book, it makes sense to me. So, did BR make this mark? I guess so.

Well, I don't want to give away too much of J Kolar's book, (I think I have already). Sorry.

(I chose my screen name from a Rush song by the same name, from their 1984 album titled Grace Under Pressure).

1. Would BR have been strong enough at 9 years old to cause the massive skull fracture that JB had.

2. How do the model train track marks fit into the crime? She didn't have these marks at the White's house on Dec 25th. And, if she was conscious when she was poked with the tracks, she would have moved away and would not have received the very pronounced marks that they left. My explanation, is that after BR knocked her unconscious, he was trying to get her to respond, by poking her with the tracks. (I never did believe they were stun gun marks, even before I found out the better explanation of the train tracks)

3. Was the scream heard between midnight and 2 am JB? Maybe not. It could have been PR screaming when she found out what had happened.

4. I always wondered what the strange, triangle shaped redness (bruise) on JB neck was. After reading J Kolar's book, it makes sense to me. So, did BR make this mark? I guess so.

Well, I don't want to give away too much of J Kolar's book, (I think I have already). Sorry.

Afterimage, looks like I'm the first to answer your question (based on my opinion, of course!)...:)

Would BR have been strong enough at 9 years old to cause the massive skull fracture that JB had.

If he would swing the metal baseball bat then yes, he could do such a damage. Someone on this forum made a great analysis about the law of physics taking to consedaration the mass, velocity (the speed of the object) and angle/direction and concluded that yes, it's possible. BR already made some damage to JB face and leg when she was 3 years old.

How do the model train track marks fit into the crime?

I did read Kolar's book and I'm familiar with his explanation. However, with all my appreciation for 'killing' the stun gun theory - I'm not convinced that train tracks played any role in JBR murder. And here is why:
- if train tracks were used then her shirt should have the corresponding 'holes' or some kind of marks on it. So far, we didn't hear nothing about. Is it mean that JBR was naked? or she wasn't waring the white shirt but some other top? or the damage was done by something else?;
- IMO, the abrasion on her face was done by other mean/instrument than on her back. The abrasion on her face and on her back are not the same in size and 'density'. IMO, the abrasion on her face somehow relates to strangulation act...how? I don't know yet.

Was the scream heard between midnight and 2 am JB?

Originally, before I found about 90 min gap time between the head blow and strangulation, I thought that it was JB's scream as the result of acute injury. But after Kolar's book: everything changed! According to Kolar's book, the acute injury happens right before JB death, means right BEFORE strangulation. And we know that JB wouldn't be able to scream after the head blow...therefore, as of now, I think that wasn't JB scream. Possibly PR.

I always wondered what the strange, triangle shaped redness (bruise) on JB neck was. After reading J Kolar's book, it makes sense to me. So, did BR make this mark?

Sorry, but I think you understood this wrong. The triangle shaped redness on JB neck was the result of strangulation. Who did the strangulation (as the 'staging') - Kolar didn't reveal.

Good questions! Thank you for asking...I could be wrong, JMO.

It might depend on the weapon. I'm skeptical that he'd have enough leverage using the Maglite to do that type of damage. With golf club, he probably could, but he'd really have to be swinging hard.

It's just speculation that the marks were made with train tracks. I don't believe the stun gun nonsense either, but why would BR -or anyone- need to poke her with a train track? Shaking someone, or poking with a finger would be how most people would try to get a response.

We don't know that there even was a scream. The witness, Melody Stanton, at first said it might have been "negative energy". The cop interviewing her knew that wouldn't go over well in court, so continued to question her until she settled on an audible scream. So we have a flaky witness who may have been led by the detective to "refine" her testimony. But even if we have a scream, as OM4U points out, there seems to be a 90 minute interval between the skull fracture and strangulation. So she had to scream before the skull fracture. But TOD is 1am-ish, though it can vary at least an hour in either direction, and the scream, iirc, was at 2am.

In the past, before Kolar's book and the 90 minute interval, some thought she was killed to silence her after she screamed. But a hand over the mouth is faster, and just as effective. By the time someone grabbed a golf club and raised it, and reared back, and came forward, she could have screamed 5 times.

It's best just to ignore the scream. The witness isn't very reliable, and it might not have been JB, even if there actually was a scream.

I'll leave that one for others.

just thinking lout.
wouldnt the digital penetration rule JR out?
if she has been sexually molested, what kind of adult guy would do that?
it´d better be PR or BR ?
that ransom note at the end,signature is kinda like zodiac murderer,
SFPD and also 4 by JBR , SBTC ?
maybe the writer was a fan?

just thinking lout.

DIRK SCHILLER,
How come, it certainly rules PR in, so why not John?

It sure is, maybe that idea is straight out of some crime book, say from John's book collection?

DIRK SCHILLER,

It sure is, maybe that idea is straight out of some crime book, say from John's book collection?

like I said, pedo fathers would not use fingers and she has been sexually abussed before death, I´ve read brothers ans mothers use fingers or whatever

DIRK SCHILLER,

UKGuy, please allow me to say why NOT John. Again, JMO based on the intensive research on male pedophiles (horrible topic!). Child molestation is the SICKNESS which cannot JUST one-time happens and disappeares! The molester has NO CONTROL to stop this sickness without intervention from an experts (long-term treatment requires!). Especially, in adults male.

By statistics, adult male after 40 has already HISTORY of child molestation way back to his youth age. By statistics, one-time child molestation DID NOT happens by male 40 years old. Therefore, without proof of JR's prior history of child molestation - JR is not JBR molester!!!

Furthermore, if you read ST book, you'll see why police took time to talk to Malinda about possible sexual abuse as well as to his ex-wife and his ex-lover (who had the child at that time) and child molestation was the subject of their discussion. Granted, I didn't read the transcripts from interview with his ex-wife and ex-lover but I have no doubts that this topic was discussed.

jmo

just thinking lout.

And from dodie20 on another thread:
In this case, if I understand the evidence, JB was digitally penetrated, so it doesn't seem like an adult male rapist was responsible. What kind of pedophile ring, would combine digital penetration with head bashing, and then murder the victim?
--------------------------------------------------
Not a pedo ring, but a pedophile (an adult, more probably male, in this case) can and often does use varying degrees of molestation which do not include penile penetration, and also may murder his victim.

WARNING!! THE INFORMATION BELOW IS SEXUALLY EXPLICIT, AND MAY BE DISTURBING TO SOME - PROCEED ONLY IF YOU CONSIDER IT IS POSTED AS INFORMATION TO SUPPORT THIS CASE, AND FOR NO OTHER INTENT AND PURPOSE!

The following information has been snipped from this page:
http://www.ipce.info/library_3/files/psvg_81_en.htm

- Many sexual contacts between adults and children do not have to result in any damage, and there are also sexual contacts which are pleasant and valued by the child. Unfortunately damaging things do occur, and we do not deny that.
- Often when people hear the word, they identify pedophilia with the sexual abuse of children by adults. Adults who sexually abuse children cause damage to children.
- Pedophile persons do exactly the same things with children as other adults do, except that sometimes sexual relations occur in addition. Pedophile persons want to express their feelings for children, in physical ways as well. Thus, especially in the case of young children, sexual activity seldom includes any kind of sexual penetration. Children are not yet physically big enough for this. An adult male who introduces his penis into the vagina of a girl or the anus of a boy will usually cause the child pain. For this reason alone pedophiles normally don't try.
- What then do they do? They talk to each other, laugh together, play together and so on. Children and pedophiles also make love to one another. They hug and cuddle each other, they let each other see their sex organs. -
- Pedophiles also masturbate their little friends or masturbate while their little friends watch, or they engage in mutual masturbation with them.
- Usually the partners in a pedophile relationship have known one another some length of time before they have sexual contact. They often live close to one another in the same neighborhood. The adult partner is sometimes a friend of the child's parents, or even a member of the family.
- Very, very seldom does a pedophile commit murder. When it does happen, it is often out of fear that his or her pedophile contact will be discovered. Many crimes are committed out of fear of being caught and punished

And, we must also consider this information from this page:
http://www.lucidpages.com/family.html

A thorough evaluation of an incestuous family may reveal several frequent traits:
- Siblings may have very different interests (music versus sports or politics).
- Siblings may exhibit unjustifiable rivalry, quarreling and dislike of each other.
- Children or parents have an exceptional talent for music, singing, math, sports, science.
- Children or parents are addicted to one activity that takes all their time.
- Children or parents are well-developed only in one area (art or sports or science).
- One child is psychologically very different from the rest of the family.
- The whole family is deeply religious.
- The family has many children.
- Emotional intimacy is nonexistent and is replaced by kissing and sexual touch.
- Intrafamilial sexual education of adolescents is nonexistent.
- Children associate only with a specific parent or sibling (often with the abuser).
- Parents have very different education or social status (housewife vs senator).
- The father is a tyrant, demands strict discipline, and decides all aspects of family life.
- The family lives in chaos, and the parents do not care about their many children.
- "Highly functioning parents" always put their interests before those of the child.
- One or both parents are perfectionists and demand the same from the child.
- The parents are driven to be socially recognized.
- The family (clan) has many compulsory gatherings involving even distant relatives.
- The parents are constantly driven to do activities, see things, or go to places.
- The family expresses its cohesion through gifts, but lacks quality time and affection.
- In general, the parents have a twisted sense of priorities.
- The parents heavily invest in building of a social facade of normalcy.
- The father cares more about friends and strangers than his family.
- The parents are strong nationalists or strong supporters of a political party.
- The parents were married multiple times.
- A child is at a particular risk of abuse when parents try to harm each other or stop having sex.
- The father may rationalize his decision to engage in sex with his daughter and blame his wife for her unavailability. Her sexual absence is in his mind a sufficient reason to have sex with the daughter. He needs sex; he must have it, and if the wife does not give it to him, he will get it otherwise. He believes that it is his natural right.

Sorry for the length of this post, but with regard to the doubt about a male adult molester, it seems to me that digital penetration should easily be considered a part of the process, and the molester could be considered a pedophile. Though in this case, incest is most likely a parallel affiliation.
This crime came as a result of a damaged psychopathic mind, so allows for ANY process and extent of sexual molestation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18