KOIN 08.13.2010; interview with gj witness who met Terri the day Kyron disappeared

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the time of their Fred Meyer encounter, Leckey said she was being polite and making chit-chat because she knew Horman's daughter was not feeling well.<snipped>
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...er-encounter-with/ZRn4GrYpt0a0BAxulU8rEA.cspx

There is just not enough information here for me to have an opinion! I want to know if BabyK looked sick or if TH told her she was sick? Was she already working on an alibi?

:waitasec:

Showing her friend the picture of Kyron seems kinda hinky to me since the friend says it was unusual. But then saying babyK was sick and Kaine didn't mention it in his interviews just has me very confused. I wish WE could ask the hard questions!
bbm - Scratching my head - I figure either baby was NOT sick and it's some convoluted thing OR she was, maybe teething, if it's the latter maybe Kaine was either oblivious or just didn't think much of it as babies cut a lot of teeth, it can bother one day then not for a couple, kwim? Anyway, I thought she said "because I knew TH daughter was not feeling well from the day before"?? but then freefallzzz said -

OK, just watched the interview AGAIN LIVE on KOIN..

Had the DBF watch it too..

She clearly says the only thing odd about it.... (didn't get exact words here-talking about
how TH approached her in FM -paraphrasing here)

BUT she DID say:

She was standing there with her daughter, sick in her arms..

I"M NOT CRAZY lol =)
Guess I have to go listen AGAIN.

Maybe someone has already mentioned this, but if I went to one store and they did not have the medicine I was looking for, the last thing I would do is go to the SAME store in a different location for the product. I would visit another store--
Walgreen's, Target, Safeway--all have good pharmacies, and there was bound to be of those closer th the other FM. This seems odd to me--unless she was really into her FM card, or, perhaps, was meeting someone at the parking lot of the farther Fred Meyer?

I know we all have different habits and experiences...but I actually use two different Walgreen's all the time, one for my prescriptions and one for other stuff, as it is not as easy as they say to switch presciptions if any are controlled meds. And I find, often in the same, one store has something the other one doesn't, so I end up going to both. I thought it was weird Terri did this until I thought about it some more, and now I'm just not sure.

Every she did is weird, or nothing is weird, depending upon whether she is guilty or not.

bbm - Scratching my head - I figure either baby was NOT sick and it's some convoluted thing OR she was, maybe teething, if it's the latter maybe Kaine was either oblivious or just didn't think much of it as babies cut a lot of teeth, it can bother one day then not for a couple, kwim? Anyway, I thought she said "because I knew TH daughter was not feeling well from the day before"?? but then freefallzzz said -

I need to clarify

We were watching the interview on the LOCAL NEWS this evening.

The website to my knowledge has NOT, repeat has NOT, posted a NEW video that shows the clip that we watched on the local broadcast..

=)

Hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes if you posted this already... I try to read most of the posts but you guys move so fast and.. it's hard to keep up!

So I transcribed the video of AL's interview, pretty much word for word..

here it goes:

Reporter:

What was that day like? I mean you didn't expect to get pulled into all this.

AL:

Um, no I-I didn't realize I was pulled into it until um I think like, you know, maybe a couple days later..just the fact that I saw her the day that Kyron went missing.

Reporter:

Mm-hm

AL:

Um, then I-I realize I knew, I knew that I saw her that day, that maybe something
about, um, seeing her that day was relevant to what was going on with Kyron missing.

Reporter:

Did you approach detectives or did they question you first?

AL:

Um, well they, they had questions about her activity at the club, had she been in the gym..um wanting to just verify if she had been in that day um, like time, you know, reference to time like where she spent her time that day um, if she had the children with her and they.. so they began to contact me about that but the detective mentioned skyline elementary and it just rang a bell because I, I had, I remember I said, "where did I hear the name skyline elementary?" you know cause I don't really know anything about that school but I heard the name of that school that day and it was because she mentioned it.

Reporter:

At Fred Meyer?

AL:

yea

AL:

I didn't see Terri. She saw me, I happened to walk past her um in the store and she kind of called out to me, um got my attention and I stopped to make small talk with her. I um I was just trying you know being polite and making chat with her and um talking about her daughter not feeling well because she was not feeling well the day before and I knew that..and um she just mentioned that she was there looking for medicine for her baby and um… that was it.. it didn't you know it didn't seem anything out of the ordinary... it's just a quick chat and like okay have a good day and the only thing that um I think was significant about that time is that she showed me a picture of Kyron um next to his project. Like it was, it was, she, made, you know, it just seemed like as we chatted about the kids and she had just been coming from Kyron's school she just made it a point to show me his photo.

Reporter:

And what did she say when she showed you the photo? She's like "this is his science project" or?

AL:

Um, just said you know, "I just came from my sons' school ..I was working on a project with him and …" and I know what that's like cause I have kids and I've worked on projects with them and and um I was you know I made a point to say how I missed doing that with my own kids cause they're much bigger now and um… and she just said "yea you know it's going on for a couple hours so I just decided to come out and try to get you know my daughter's medicine" or whatever and.. and that was it I mean.. but, but I did, I do remember that she showed me the photo of him next to his project that day.

Reporter:

And nothing unusual about her?

AL:

Um, you know, I-I don't, you know, she's kind of, I mean, for the most part, even when she comes into the club she's quiet you know so I mean she comes in and she works out and she talks to people she's familiar with but she's pretty quiet, very focused kinda coming in dropping off her, her child, and going to her workout so um.. to me I didn't see anything out of the ordinary because she is so quiet typically and um not very social so what I would seem, what I would think maybe is odd behavior is just normal for her. Does that make sense?

Reporter:

yea

Reporter:

Do you know what time of morning that was that you saw her?

AL:

It was definitely somewhere between like 9:30 and 10:00 because I-I know that I was going to Border's right after and I was on the way to Border's before 10:00

Reporter:

Did she seem at that time like somebody that could've just harmed her stepson?

AL:

No. She-no she certainly didn't seem that way but I think she certainly didn't seem like the type of woman who did all these other things that the news is saying she's she's done either. So um you know only she knows the truth about what happened that day.

(reporter must have asked question, not on video though)

I-I know I a lot of people have been calling me her friend but I don't know her outside of the club. I am an employee for the club that she works at. Um and my job is customer service so I just make sure that she's checked in and that everything is going off well with her workout and.. that's it. Um, the, as a matter of fact the day that I saw her in the store was the most conversation I'd ever had with her.

Reporter:

Wow

AL:

Yea

Reporter:

Um but she knows you enough by name right?

AL:

Yea certainly I mean she certainly felt comfortable enough because she sat (not sure of the word) and chat with me um because I see her you know every day that she works out for the most part.

Reporter:

Explain what your feelings were once you heard what had happened.

AL:

Um…I think .. I think I felt like a lot of people feel wanting to assume the best of her.. assume the best for Kyron… assume that he was well.. that there somehow there was some accident, some mix up, or you know that he wasn't harmed in any way or um really missing and um I wanted to believe the best you know like everyone who just knows that family.. and I still want to believe the best for Kyron um but it is it's disturbing because you don't want to believe that anyone's capable of hurting a-a little kid like that you know?

Reporter:

Some people wanna lean towards almost putting a blame on Terri. Where do you stand?

AL:

I-I'm on, um, Ky.. I'm on the side of Kyron Horman and absolutely his parents. Um, (fidgeting with something on wrist?) sorry, his, his mom and dad ..I, um it's clear that they're disturbed and that they're just distraught over their son missing and um I want him to be found well and, and unharmed um I want his parents to have closure I-I think it's obvious that um his stepmother's been deceitful in other ways… that doesn't necessarily make her harmful to Kyron but at this point it's definitely not looking good from what I can tell. Um.. but I definitely want Kyron to return safely to his family.

Reporter:

Did you ever meet Kyron?

AL:

Um, I don't, I've only seen him once or twice being checked in the club but never really like interacted with him. I've probably interacted more with Kitty cause she came more often.

Reporter:

What about grand jury? I mean did you ever expect to have to go downtown and deal with that?

AL:

I did, I did, and I'm expecting more to come um I-I uh I've seen a lot go on and I think that um any testimony about where she was that day is gonna be crucial to ,you know, what goes on in in the days and months ahead, I mean..I expected it.

Reporter:

Were there a lot of other people called in at the same time there?

AL:

Oh so many, you know so many and you know they're not all her friends I mean ..some of the people are just people who spoke with her for a second and you know the day that she was at the club or you know um just work out with her you know they're, they're calling anyone who has had any relationship with her

Reporter:

And it wasn't just people that saw her that day?

AL:

Not necessarily. Just people who know her. I'm sure that they're trying to develop an idea of her um her character, you know.

There were many people I know that there were like 30 people there that day that I was there

Reporter:

And so you think you're going back or you know already?

AL:

Oh, I don't know that I'm going back yet but I'll assume I am because if I've already been called and I saw her that day if, if, if it turns if the events turn against her you know... and they start to really um make a case against her I imagine they're gonna probably wanna talk to me again about it.

Reporter:

How do you feel being able to give some information it's not a lot but?

AL

Um I-I mean I think any information is important right now I… any information, anyone who saw her that day, anyone who saw anything that day and knows anything about her character whether it's good or bad.. I think it's important.. it's all important now.

(reporter must have asked question but it wasn't in the video)

What was she doing? Did she seem different? You know, what was she wearing? You know um just wanted to know if it was anything out of the ordinary and from from what I could tell not necessarily no.

Reporter:

What was the mood?

Um at the, at the grand jury? I think everyone in waiting is very quiet because I think you know some people are still in a bit of shock about it. Everyones just um I think still reeling and.. and frustrated cause it's not over, there's no closure yet, there's no you know, um.. finding Kyron so everyones just kinda like quiet and um I think even afraid to talk about it a little it's just sad.

Reporter:

Did you ever picture this happening? I mean usually you hear about this stuff in the news but it's never to someone you know or..

AL:

Oh no I say that all the time you know I I I moved you know I'm from the east coast like I moved here cause it's quiet I moved here for a quiet life and um it's kind of crazy you know it's it's crazy that this is happening um but it's not happening to me it's happening to them

Hopefully this is helpful.

I think free is getting this from the live newscasts locally. Free????

eta: I just saw free's post above. She is getting this from the local news. It is NOT in the vid available on line.

Thank you for posting the transcript. Please remember that KOIN may update their website to add the clips that they showed on the local news tonight but did not include in their web version.

If they don't I will call them up and insist they add the clips! =)
I feel it is VERY important that she says baby K was at the FM with TH...

I have a 14 month old grand-daughter who gets fussy from teething. Her mom gives her Tylenol and after it kicks in, she is good..Just my opinion, I don't see anything 'odd' about Th giving the baby some Tylenol, then driving around on quiet country roads until the medicine kicks in. I did it for a colicky baby when mine were young, and I often put my grand-daughter in her stroller and walk her around the neighborhood until she feels better. Teething is not 'sick'-but it sure makes for a fussy miserable baby
Seems to me like Terri's timelime is pretty tight. The only 'gap' is her driving aimlessly around for an hour to an hour and a half-and again, that makes perfect sense to me, especially if (a). you have a baby who relaxes and/or sleeps in the car; and( b). she actually wanted to get gym time in, and wanted the baby calm and feeling better. This whole thing still feels like trying to force a square puzzle piece into a round hole.

I think free is getting this from the live newscasts locally. Free????

Yes that is correct.
One thing I have noticed..
The news stations "save" stuff to post on the net later, well after the newscasts (or sometimes just don't put it on there at all)

Maybe they don't think the fact that baby K was with Terri was "newsworthy enough" ??

well, because it's not fair to leave a known fussy baby in child care, either to the baby or to workers; because you can distract a toddler yourself; because if she actually worked out while her toddler was miserable with child care workers, that seems really odd to me; because I haven't heard anything about lunch or a nap, neither of which is likely to happen at gym child care; and the TOP TEN reason why I don't leave my fussy toddler who needs meds at the gym child care is because, in the grand scheme of things, making sure I get in a work out isn't my top priority over my uncomfortable, fussy, tired baby. TH herself said that baby k was having none of sleeping in the truck. If that's true, she didn't have a nap from at least just before 8 (probably at least an hour before that) until at least 1 pm? Toddlers don't nap at gym child care as a rule. There's no place or time or peace for them to do so. The logical thing to do would be, imo, at a minimum, take baby home for a nap.

Small children get very unhappy when things like lunch and naps are delayed.
I wonder if baby K got snacks in the car?
1 PM is awfully late for lunch unless some snacks had been available.

I wonder if it was usual for baby K to be hauled around like that with little regard to need for naps or regular meals...

No wonder she was fussy.

My 3 yo when he was baby K's age ate all morning long and had a nice 90 min or so nap every morning like clockwork...(he still eats all morning but naps are gone lol).

I also wonder if it was usual for TH to work out at the gym during lunch time...gyms tend to get busy at lunchtime...and as a stay at home mom she'd have the luxury of going when the working masses were still on the clock...

I smell something odd & it isn't gym socks.

Shorty - thanks for taking the time to transcribe the transcript. It's very helpful. Wonder why they edited out the part about baby girl being in Terri's arms and sick. moo Good night everyone.

Definitely sounds like Terri setting up an alibi. I swear, it's like she bought a step by step guide on how to commit a crime - go to a store and get a receipt. Oh, and if you see someone you know, talk to them. It helps your alibi to have an actual witness to where you say you were at a certain time.

Seriously, that's how it feels. Maybe that's why this is odd to me. It's like she was following step by step instructions, like she was relying more on what a book or someone else told her to do to do this crime and get away with it than her own instincts and smarts. I can't put my finger on it, but I know when I've followed other cases, the defendants don't seem to be following an exact plan to the letter. It's more like they have a plan in mind and follow it from there. I hope this makes some sort of sense. I've just never seen someone plan this exactly for a crime like they were reading steps out of a book. Seems very amateurish to me, yet she seemed to have the confidence to do it and think she could get away from it.

Maybe a dry run was done a day or so before? And since that dry run worked, she decided to do exactly what was done in the dry run, no alterations whatsoever? I just can't past how - scripted! that's the word I was looking for - this crime seems to be. And maybe that is what LE is putting together. It's almost like her timelines and such are working out TOO well, IMO. Maybe that's the lens change LE is talking about. They were looking for things WRONG with her timeline, and now they are focusing on what is RIGHT about her timeline to indicate that she did do this crime. If a timeline is too perfect, it isn't going to seem right either. Innocent people don't have a perfect timeline where everything is explained in detail and with receipts and witnesses. Only those who think they are covering their tracks perfectly do something like that.

Maybe she and Dede thought there was a perfect script to commit a perfect crime? We all know that's not true. So, how's that working out for you, ladies?

I think Intel is flexible enough to have given Kaine a whole day off rather than 4 hours, especially if it was so Kaine could attend his son's Expo that he was clearly excited about. Just because Terri was a stay at home mom, doesn't mean she had to do everything herself. I think it's hard work - taking care of children and a home, putting baby care before self care all the time. Feeling unappreciated. Sorry, but just because a mom isn't working outside the home in no way exonerates everyone else of being a parent. There were 4 parents - and noone attended except Terri. I find that sad. moo mho
I see the opposite side of the coin, Eyes. Kaine was being a good parent by going out to work every morning to support his family. Working parents miss many important moments in their childrens' lives. And Terry, IMO, was fortunate to have the means to be a SAHM. Her regular visits to the gym show that she did make time for herself, even going as far as taking little K with her when she was under the weather. I cherished the years that I was able to stay at home with my son. When I did have to go to work, I resented being unable to attend all of his school events or volunteer at school, as I had done prior to getting a job. There were many afternoons when I felt so sad because I couldn't pick him up from school and have cookies baked for him the way my mother did when I was a child.

As for this latest interview, I don't know what to make of it. A stop and chat in the supermarket is certainly nothing unusual except that the woman pointed out that she herself found it odd for Terri to call out to her when they had barely spoken previously, and little K was sick enough that Terri drove to two different stores to get medicine. Yet, it could all be perfectly innocent.

Her seemingly cool demeanor tells me nothing, because as someone else pointed out, Casey A. lived her life for a month partying with friends and never letting on to any of them that Caylee was gone.

But to me Terri's alibi isn't perfect...it's got that big hole in from 10:00 until sometime close to 11:30, which is why I am having a hard time with this great complex plan she presumably made. No one would be "out of pocket" for 90 minutes in a perfect alibi that only consists of about 4 hours total. I don't think it would take 90 minutes to dump a body. And you'd think she would have made sure she was on camera or had receipts or something for the other hour or so.

I am not leaning one way or the other as yet, but I think it is not unusual to talk more to someone when you see them in a place out of context. At the gym, Terri was there to work out, something she seems to take seriously; at a grocery store, you see a familiar face and stop to chat. (I think baby is probably teething/fussy, if anything.)

Anyway-her alibi, especially if Dede was off doing the nefarious part, should be better than it is, in my opinion.

But to me Terri's alibi isn't perfect...it's got that big hole in from 10:00 until sometime close to 11:30, which is why I am having a hard time with this great complex plan she presumably made. No one would be "out of pocket" for 90 minutes in a perfect alibi that only consists of about 4 hours total. I don't think it would take 90 minutes to dump a body. And you'd think she would have made sure she was on camera or had receipts or something for the other hour or so.

I am not leaning one way or the other as yet, but I think it is not unusual to talk more to someone when you see them in a place out of context. At the gym, Terri was there to work out, something she seems to take seriously; at a grocery store, you see a familiar face and stop to chat. (I think baby is probably teething/fussy, if anything.)

Anyway-her alibi, especially if Dede was off doing the nefarious part, should be better than it is, in my opinion.

Exactly, that big hole, I mean. And what does she do but pull the baby was sick and I was trying to soothe her as a perfect excuse to cover that big hole because unless LE finds Kyron, how in the heck can they disprove that? That's what I'm talking about, having the perfect answer for everything. I've seen that script before, and the only people who use it are guilty of the crime they're committed and are trying to have an answer for everything to get away with it.

I see the opposite side of the coin, Eyes. Kaine was being a good parent by going out to work every morning to support his family. QUOTE]

omg...thank you!!! I would give anything to be a sahm and get to be there for every important moment in my kids' lives. But I can't, because I am busy working to GIVE them a life. Not everyone can just chuck their work schedule, even if it is quite flexible (as mine is) to attend every event, especially if another parent can and should be there because that is THEIR JOB. Imo it is incredibly inappropriate to cast aspersions at the working parents who gave TH an opportunity to sah and be there to attend these things for the sake of their child. How many mothers do you know who would rather work 24/7 than stay home, hit the market, starbucks, the gym, the laptop, etc. and have the PRIVILEGE of attending the dang science fair? Does anyone really think that faced with this choice, DY would continue working in the accounting dept. of an auto dealership, rather than stay at home f/t with Kyron???? That's not the way things worked out for her, unfortunately.

Exactly, that big hole, I mean. And what does she do but pull the baby was sick and I was trying to soothe her as a perfect excuse to cover that big hole because unless LE finds Kyron, how in the heck can they disprove that? That's what I'm talking about, having the perfect answer for everything. I've seen that script before, and the only people who use it are guilty of the crime they're committed and are trying to have an answer for everything to get away with it.

I haven't read through this whole thing so please know that I am genuinely curious.

If her alibi wasn't perfect, would that make her less guilty?

She has the perfect alibi so she is guilty?

If she had said, I was at home with Baby K watching as the world turns would that make her less guilty...no one can corroborate that, but then again wouldn't that be perfect as well?

If she were at the mall and talked to every single person she met and had a concrete alibi-would that make her less guilty? But then she would also be a bad parent b/c she took Baby K while she was ill to the mall.

IDK just my :twocents:

I see the opposite side of the coin, Eyes. Kaine was being a good parent by going out to work every morning to support his family. QUOTE]

omg...thank you!!! I would give anything to be a sahm and get to be there for every important moment in my kids' lives. But I can't, because I am busy working to GIVE them a life. Not everyone can just chuck their work schedule, even if it is quite flexible (as mine is) to attend every event, especially if another parent can and should be there because that is THEIR JOB. Imo it is incredibly inappropriate to cast aspersions at the working parents who gave TH an opportunity to sah and be there to attend these things for the sake of their child. How many mothers do you know who would rather work 24/7 than stay home, hit the market, starbucks, the gym, the laptop, etc. and have the PRIVILEGE of attending the dang science fair? Does anyone really think that faced with this choice, DY would continue working in the accounting dept. of an auto dealership, rather than stay at home f/t with Kyron???? That's not the way things worked out for her, unfortunately.

BBM:

Kyron was DY and KH's son...NOT TH's. KH worked so that TH could attend HIS and DY's sons events. Which is fine if that is how the family has worked things out. Being as SAH is hard work as well, and going along the made it possible vein it was TH who made it possible for DY and TH to have careers while taking care of THEIR child-and baby k after she came along.

DY has stated that she didn't trust TH and from what I have gathered didn't like her. There was obvious tension in the home and TH may have been suffering from PPD. YET TH was the one to continue to be the SAH in Kyron's life, volunteering at Kyron's school and going solo to his events.

So yes, I think it is important to note that the woman who is now the main suspect (at least online and in MSM) in Kyron's disappearance was also the one who was there for him that day...

That excuse is just a little too pat for me. IF, and I still say if because I'm not totally convinced she's guilty, if she's responsible for Kyron's disappearance, even with an accomplice there might've been a window of time when she had to do some of the dirty work, so it was impossible to provide a solid alibi to prove her whereabouts. Shopping? No, because she wouldn't have shown up on security cameras nor had receipts. Home? Risky because she couldn't be certain that no one had stopped by her house and would later say that she wasn't home. So she places herself in a location where there is no way to prove that she was or was not.

AL:

Um, just said you know, "I just came from my sons' school ..I was working on a project with him and &#8230;" and I know what that's like cause I have kids and I've worked on projects with them and and um I was you know I made a point to say how I missed doing that with my own kids cause they're much bigger now and um&#8230; and she just said "yea you know it's going on for a couple hours so I just decided to come out and try to get you know my daughter's medicine" or whatever and.. and that was it I mean.. but, but I did, I do remember that she showed me the photo of him next to his project that day.

Is it me or did TH suggest that she was going to be at the school for the entire fair, and since it was going on for two hours she decided to leave and get the baby medicine? It's as if she was just coming from school to get the meds, and then go right back since you know, it was two hours long. At least that's the way it reads to me.
:waitasec:

Did I explain that properly, because it's 4am. :D

BBM:

Kyron was DY and KH's son...NOT TH's. KH worked so that TH could attend HIS and DY's sons events. Which is fine if that is how the family has worked things out. Being as SAH is hard work as well, and going along the made it possible vein it was TH who made it possible for DY and TH to have careers while taking care of THEIR child-and baby k after she came along.

DY has stated that she didn't trust TH and from what I have gathered didn't like her. There was obvious tension in the home and TH may have been suffering from PPD. YET TH was the one to continue to be the SAH in Kyron's life, volunteering at Kyron's school and going solo to his events.

So yes, I think it is important to note that the woman who is now the main suspect (at least online and in MSM) in Kyron's disappearance was also the one who was there for him that day...

what, what??? The only thing TH made possible was for KH to leave DY a single mother without his earning capacity and, apparently, a serious illness that rendered her incapable of caring for their son on her own. imo Not that KH is not to blame. He is, a LOT, also imo.

And it was th's responsibility to be at the science fair that day, b/c that is HER job. I don't think she could make enough money *kinda* teaching to take care of herself and two or three kids, and I think she recognized that being up at the school when she wasn't running around doing her thing was the far better deal than working two or three jobs to make ends meet. I bet she dug the destination wedding, the new house and the shiny 'stang, too. Imo, th knew exactly what she was doing when she hooked up with kh. jmoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ANicholls16