Identified! KS – Unidentified Child Remains found buried in backyard in Rose Hill, Sept. 11, 2024 *Kennedy Jean Schroer, 6*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
VPN's used to work but not anymore it appears. Darn. Canada really be putting up a media wall. I remember something like this when I was in China, and I couldn't get onto Facebook. This sucks.

USA folks, please update with info when possible, thank you all so much! (while still adhering to WS rules and regulations of course)

Much appreciated. This is a sad outcome, and I am praying for the other children involved. They will need lots of support moving forward.

it's not Canada - it's Meta - the stories are widely available on other sites
if news orgs want to pay, they can post on Meta - I was just reading a news link on FB yesterday that was 'sponsored', meaning the news org paid Meta to be able to post it
otherwise we have to google

Another child who apparently had so few people in their life that someone could make them disappear, and no one realized they were gone.
This brought tears to my eyes, 'Birds.
You're probably exactly correct on what you said above. Just a little "nothing" child. <sigh>
At least this child is far away from where the little one was.

Last edited:
Was the child old enough to attend school? (Please excuse if this has already been mentioned...)
If so, possibly the autopsy could come close to finding a range of the child's age.
If so, would there be any way to find records of the child being there, and then gone? Certainly families move and the children stop going to one school and beginning in another, but just wondering...
No idea if such records are kept; if they are kept, how long would the school system keep such records? Just a thought...

Was the child old enough to attend school? (Please excuse if this has already been mentioned...)
If so, possibly the autopsy could come close to finding a range of the child's age.
If so, would there be any way to find records of the child being there, and then gone? Certainly families move and the children stop going to one school and beginning in another, but just wondering...
No idea if such records are kept; if they are kept, how long would the school system keep such records? Just a thought...
The news article about the bio mom who claimed it was three of her children in the home made it sound like the one who died was the youngest and possibly not old enough to be in school (she had the kids taken from her in 2019, the youngest was maybe 2-3 years old at the time, youngest died in 2020). <modsnip: Social media 'comments' are off limits>

I can't imagine what the two bio siblings have been going through for these past four years. It's hard to say without knowing details about the foster parents but this is one of those times I really hope they lied to the kids and said she was adopted or something, so these kids didn't just spend four years worrying that they'd be next to die :( (MOO) even if she died of illness or something and wasn't outright murdered, they hid the death likely so they could continue to collect money from the foster system.(/MOO)

Last edited by a moderator:
The news article about the bio mom who claimed it was three of her children in the home made it sound like the one who died was the youngest and possibly not old enough to be in school (she had the kids taken from her in 2019, the youngest was maybe 2-3 years old at the time, youngest died in 2020). <modsnip: Social media 'comments' are off limits>

I can't imagine what the two bio siblings have been going through for these past four years. It's hard to say without knowing details about the foster parents but this is one of those times I really hope they lied to the kids and said she was adopted or something, so these kids didn't just spend four years worrying that they'd be next to die :( (MOO) even if she died of illness or something and wasn't outright murdered, they hid the death likely so they could continue to collect money from the foster system.(/MOO)
Honestly, if the child died in 2020, that would've been right at the height of the COVID pandemic. I wouldn't be shocked if she got sick from that and they covered up her death.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, if the child died in 2020, that would've been right at the height of the COVID pandemic. I wouldn't be shocked if she got sick from that and they covered up her death.
If it was a natural death, I don't think there'd be the drive to bury the kid in the backyard. Plenty of people died during the height of COVID, including kids, and that was sad but it wasn't a crime. You call an ambulance. You take them to the ER. You don't fetch a shovel, like they're a hamster.

MOO

Domestic violence and child abuse/neglect also increased during Covid/lockdown, and if she had a serious case of Covid, and they cared about her at all, they would have called 911 when she became extremely ill or when they found her not breathing.
IMO.

This article says the child is believed to be under the age of 10, and this one says they were older than a toddler and younger than an adolescent at the time of their death.
I was wondering this as well, but police have explicitly described it as a homicide investigation, so there might be other factors we aren't yet aware of. Police said during their initial investigation regarding the self-harm threats they became aware of a past homicide. My guess is one of the children in the house made them aware of it.
Also:
Chief Parlier said he does not recall any child abuse calls at the residence. He also said he was unable to provide any information on whether there had been police calls to the home in the past.

“I haven’t been able to put those numbers together yet. It was not what would be considered a problem house for us,” he said.

[…]
Christa Helm told KSN that she is certain that the remains belong to one of her three children who were adopted five years ago.

Parlier confirmed to PEOPLE that Helm had three biological children in the home and that she had lost her parental rights “sometime earlier," but did not confirm the timeline.

While authorities have not identified the child, Helm started a https://www..com/f/justicefornatalie-bring-ashton-and-ricki-homefor legal expenses to retrieve her two other children from the home, and identified the daughter she believes to be deceased as Natalie.

Helm told KSN that she gave up custody of her children in 2019 after struggling with substance abuse. She alleged the children were adopted by the residents at the Rose Hill home in 2019; Parlier could not confirm the details about an adoption with PEOPLE.

no I realized after that comment that the reason I can't see them is because I'm in Canada and our gov't won't pay Meta to post news links so Meta banned us from seeing news posts

but thank you anyway
no, I don't think that is the issue. I get the same result when trying to follow direct links to FB content and I am stateside. Used to work fine but the past month no such luck. @perfectingpink , could you give the date of the article on FB post you are trying to highlight from KCTV5? TIA

So the suspected deceased child's siblings were still in that home when this discovery occurred. Poor kids, I wonder where they were told the other child went when they suddenly disappeared from the home?? And the fact their sibling has likely been literally beneath their feet as they played in the backyard chasing fireflies . . . no words for how disturbing that is.

what would be the reason for covering a natural illness related death? It was the height of Covid, people were dying from it, that would not be shocking or require a coverup. Something much more nefarious took place MOO and apparently that of LE because homicide investigation.

There are no persons of interest or suspect at this time, he said, as that would be "premature" to have before an identification is made.

"Until we get the forensic identification of the remains our investigation will remain broad," Parlier said in the statement. "Once we can identify the person who had been buried, we will have a clearer path forward in our investigation."
A Child's Remains Were Found Buried in Kansas Yard: Why a Mother Believes They're Her Young Daughter's

So the adoptive parents are still out walking the street because they technically aren't POIs yet but it is clear they actually are and LE is simply waiting for official ID of Natalie's remains before saying so. MOO

So far, there haven’t been any arrests in the case and the identity of those living in the Rose Hill home on the property where the child’s remains were found haven’t been released.
Who was this child?: Testing could answer big question after remains found in Rose Hill yard
I am impatient to begin sleuthing and wish they would hurry up and ID the child and adults so we can move forward with that.

Chief Parlier said they hope to make an arrest or multiple arrests once they confirm the identity.
MSN

Rose Hill Police Chief Taylor Parlier said Friday, the Sedgwick County Forensic Science Center said results of the autopsy could be done by mid-next week. He confirmed that Helm is the biological mother of three children who lived at the home.
https://www.ksn.com/news/biological...ll-home-says-childs-remains-are-her-daughter/

Justice is coming sweetpea.

So the adoptive parents are still out walking the street because they technically aren't POIs yet but it is clear they actually are and LE is simply waiting for official ID of Natalie's remains before saying so. MOO

I am impatient to begin sleuthing and wish they would hurry up and ID the child and adults so we can move forward with that.

Justice is coming sweetpea.
Justice can't come quick enough. I honestly don't understand why kill after adopting is the money really worth it. My heart breaks for the siblings and the people who care. The littles go threw hell before they are in the system and to go threw worse after being adopted by supposed loving caring people who decide the littles don't need to breathe air. There are great fosters and adoptive parents who honestly love and care for kids then there are people like the West's or this. There has to be a way to do better for the kids jmoo

Kennedy-Jean-Schroer.jpg

Police say the forensic preliminary report gave findings that no visible injuries were observed, nor were any healing or healed injuries observable.
https://www.ksn.com/news/local/police-id-child-whose-remains-were-found-in-rose-hill-backyard/

Kennedy was born on July 14, 2014, adopted by Crystina and Joe Schroer in November 2018 and believed to have died in 2020 :(
Rose Hill police identify child found buried in backyard

was believed to be just 6 years old when she died.
Body found buried in Rose Hill backyard identified as young girl adopted in 2018

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garc
Back