KS - Capt. Robert 'Dave' Melton, Kansas City PD officer, fatally shot, 19 July 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Press asking about Funeral...nothing set yet

Vigil tonight in front of City Hall at 8:00 PM

Reporter: Gang related?
Unknown...but they say it was a drive-by shooting.

Capt Melton was a professional...awesome personality..big personality...joked a lot..."big lovable guy"...Hard exterior, soft inside...well respected.

(Sorry to robo-post but hey...someone has to do it.)

Officers are fearful...Department is hurting....Most of the time they deal with situations like the one yesterday, in that area.

Talking about clergy, community...helping each other, especially LE. Engage the churches, the community, etc...(due to what is going on in the "National Climate"...ie: cops being killed)

Even though this incident doesn't fit "perfectly" in that dialogue, they still have to be involved in that situation. (paraphrased)

And of course this thread will totally die down now because it's just a cop who was killed trying to protect the lives of the very murdering pieces of utter crap that killed him.

Now, if it was a convicted sex offending, drug dealing, child abusing, assaultive hood rat that was killed by a cop, this thread would be jumping!

:facepalm:

Have a great day.

RIP Captain Melton. Most of us care about your life. Too bad those <modsnip> don't just kill each other off and leave the INNOCENT people alone. :rose:

#BlueLivesMatter

And of course this thread will totally die down now because it's just a cop who was killed trying to protect the lives of the very murdering pieces of utter crap that killed him.

Now, if it was a convicted sex offending, drug dealing, child abusing, assaultive hood rat that was killed by a cop, this thread would be jumping!

Have a great day.

RIP Captain Melton. Most of us care about your life. Too bad those th ugs don't just kill each other off and leave the INNOCENT people alone. :rose:

#BlueLivesMatter

I can see why you feel the way you do. I cannot speak for anyone else but myself. These killings of police officers hit close to home for me, sometimes I just don't even know how to express myself without anger so I don't comment. I have a stepson that is a law enforcement officer, and a son that intended to be a police officer until Ferguson.
From the time my son was 10 years old he wanted to be in law enforcement to bring children back to their parents. He got a bachelors degree in criminal justice and then went to the police academy. He was in the police academy when Ferguson and saw how police were being treated, and it turned him off of becoming a police officer. He still completed the academy and graduated with his class but has no desire now to protect and serve only to be treated like crap.
I do follow the murder of police officers threads, but I do get turned off of them when IMO they change from being about discussing the shooting of police officers to other agendas.
I believe in my heart that people care, but sometimes just don't know what to say. The Pulse shooting happened in the city I work in, but I never commented on that board it was just to close to home to me.
My heart and prayers are with all law enforcement and their families.

Have a great day.

RIP Captain Melton. Most of us care about your life. Too bad those th ugs don't just kill each other off and leave the INNOCENT people alone. :rose:

#BlueLivesMatter

Yep.

See: Don Allen, Lloyd Reed, Darren Goforth, Gabriel Garcia, Rosario Hernandez De Hoyos, Soro Segara, Frank Roman Rodriguez, etc., etc.

Jamaal Lewis and Daqon Sipple identified in shooting of Captain Robert Melton.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/32490410...fied-in-killing-of-veteran-kck-police-captain

lewis 20 (r) sipple 18 (l)

34xi4gy.jpg

What has become of us as a Nation?

I feel so much sorrow for our citizens of the USA.

Our country is falling apart at the seams. Betsy Ross where are you when the Nation needs you? Sew us back together!!!

There is so much GOOD happening in the USA. Why is the country seemingly divided? It doesn't need to be this way. What happened?

What purpose is there to kill Law Enforcement?

These 'S now have chosen a different route to live. Why? Prison? Why? Murder? Why?

Are their parents proud??

Are They proud of what they have become??

Such a sad sad horrific world we live in.

RIP Captain Melton.

MAY JUSTICE BE SERVED!

IMOO.

What has become of us as a Nation?

I feel so much sorrow for our citizens of the USA.

Our country is falling apart at the seams. Betsy Ross where are you when the Nation needs you? Sew us back together!!!

There is so much GOOD happening in the USA. Why is the country seemingly divided? It doesn't need to be this way. What happened?

What purpose is there to kill Law Enforcement?

These 'S now have chosen a different route to live. Why? Prison? Why? Murder? Why?

Are their parents proud??

Are They proud of what they have become??

Such a sad sad horrific world we live in.

RIP Captain Melton.

MAY JUSTICE BE SERVED!

IMOO.

I don't get it either at the ages of 18 and 20 they would rather spend their life in jail by killing an innocent person. Especially a LE person!

What has happened to our world where people would rather hate one another than get along.

The USA is going in the wrong direction and I just don't get it!

IMO MOO

RIP Captain Melton and may KCK be given the chance to heal before another officer is killed!

I don't get it either at the ages of 18 and 20 they would rather spend their life in jail by killing an innocent person. Especially a LE person!

What has happened to our world where people would rather hate one another than get along.

The USA is going in the wrong direction and I just don't get it!

IMO MOO

RIP Captain Melton and may KCK be given the chance to heal before another officer is killed!

I know a lot of people hate Fox news, and even more probably hate Greg Gutfeld, but he said something the other day that was so insightful that I had to back it up so I could record it and play it for my teenage/young adult sons. I can't upload the video, but I'm going to subject myself to serious flaming by transcribing it:

&#8220;The word that we always hear is &#8216;Unity.&#8217; We talk about unity a lot, but we have to be honest with ourselves that unity is really, really boring; and divisiveness is really, really exciting. We live in a time of great leisure, where people have a lot of free time. And where do they spend their free time? They spend their free time on social networks, talking to each other in abusive ways and indulging the impulse of divisiveness. And so it&#8217;s not simply about &#8216;Can we be unified?&#8217;&#8230; It&#8217;s about teaching ourselves to resist the impulse of divisiveness, which is different because once you resist the divisiveness, then you have to fill that hole with something else, and then you&#8217;re forced to think about &#8216;What is that thing? Should I be reading more? Should I be thinking more? Should I be going to church? Should I be spending more time with my community? Should I be getting off Twitter and social networks and start talking to people? And should I stop marching and maybe start joining?&#8217;&#8221;

I think that rings true for a lot of millennials. Flame away! ;)

Two men charged in shooting death of KCK police captain; suspected shooter faces capital murder

KANSAS CITY, Kan. — Two men have been charged in connection with the deadly shooting of Kansas City, Kan., police captain Dave Melton.

Jamaal Lewis, 20, was charged with capital murder of a law enforcement officer, aggravated assault and criminal discharge of a firearm.

Daqon Sipple, 18, was charged with aggravated assault of a law enforcement officer and use of a deadly weapon, and criminal discharge of a weapon in an unoccupied dwelling.

Neither Lewis nor Sipple have a significant criminal history, police said.
snipped

Lewis is being held on a $10 million bond, Sipple’s bond is $100,000 per jail records.

http://fox4kc.com/2016/07/21/two-men-charged-in-shooting-death-of-kck-police-captain/

Two men charged in shooting death of KCK police captain; suspected shooter faces capital murder

KANSAS CITY, Kan. &#8212; Two men have been charged in connection with the deadly shooting of Kansas City, Kan., police captain Dave Melton.

Jamaal Lewis, 20, was charged with capital murder of a law enforcement officer, aggravated assault and criminal discharge of a firearm.

Daqon Sipple, 18, was charged with aggravated assault of a law enforcement officer and use of a deadly weapon, and criminal discharge of a weapon in an unoccupied dwelling.

Neither Lewis nor Sipple have a significant criminal history, police said.
snipped

Lewis is being held on a $10 million bond, Sipple&#8217;s bond is $100,000 per jail records.

http://fox4kc.com/2016/07/21/two-men-charged-in-shooting-death-of-kck-police-captain/

May Justice Be Served!!!

Thanks for the Update!

IMOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member