KS - Capt. Robert 'Dave' Melton, Kansas City PD officer, fatally shot, 19 July 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is there a lot of gang stuff in that area

Being shot by some criminal in the line of duty or on purpose makes no difference to me. They still shot at the officer to kill him! Do you think they were hoping they missed?

Is he any less dead??? SMH.

Thank You!! Good Post!!!

Drive-by shooting led to chase, officer's death in Kansas City, KS

Melton was shot in his patrol car as he was approaching a group of individuals that matched the suspects' description of that call.

Officers arrived on the scene at 1:37 p.m. Melton was shot at 1:58 p.m., according to police. He attempted to make contact with another suspect in the area.

For the second time in as many months, a Kansas City, KS police officer has been shot and killed in the line of duty.

17 years on force

http://www.kctv5.com/story/32481163/kansas-city-ks-police-captain-killed-in-the-line-of-duty

Is there a lot of gang stuff in that area

I don't know about that specific area, I think there is in KCK and In KCMO. They are divided by a river and a street. imo

Melton was shot in his patrol car as he was approaching a group of individuals that matched the suspects' description of that call.

Officers arrived on the scene at 1:37 p.m. Melton was shot at 1:58 p.m., according to police. He attempted to make contact with another suspect in the area.

For the second time in as many months, a Kansas City, KS police officer has been shot and killed in the line of duty.

17 years on force

http://www.kctv5.com/story/32481163/kansas-city-ks-police-captain-killed-in-the-line-of-duty

From your link:
He "was Shot IN HIS PATROL CAR."

This is so sad to me!

IMOO.

July 19, 2016

From Kansas City Missouri Police Department FB
40 minutes ago

Condolences don't seem enough anymore. Our friends and neighbors across the state line, the Kansas City Kansas Police Department - KCKPD, lost another officer in the line of duty today - their second this year. Another protector's family is grieving. Another police department is hurting. We all are. We stand ready to assist our neighbors in any way possible.
Also, we appreciate all the support we've received from members of our community lately. That's what we need to get through moments like this. As you saw on Chief Forté's blog that we posted here earlier today, these are scary times for police and their families. Your prayers and support really mean the world right now. And they mean a lot to our friends and colleagues in KCK, Baton Rouge, Dallas and around the country, as well.

------------------------
Personally I am so sick of the people killing our LEO 😭😭😭

17 years on force

From your link - Melton's career in Wyandotte County

Melton had a long history of service to Wyandotte County. He had served as captain of the Kansas City, KS Police Department since May 2015. Before then, he was a KCK police sergeant for over eight years.

Melton was a police lieutenant with the Wyandotte County Sheriff's Office from Nov. 1990 - Dec. 1999, later joining the KCKPD as a patrol officer from Dec. 1999 - Nov. 2006. From 2007-2012, he was in the Kansas National Guard.

Melton was also deployed to combat in Afghanistan.

no, it is terrible either way. but its a different motive.

Being shot by some criminal in the line of duty or on purpose makes no difference to me. They still shot at the officer to kill him! Do you think they were hoping they missed?

Is he any less dead??? SMH.

July 19, 2016

From Kansas City Missouri Police Department FB
40 minutes ago

Condolences don't seem enough anymore. Our friends and neighbors across the state line, the Kansas City Kansas Police Department - KCKPD, lost another officer in the line of duty today - their second this year. Another protector's family is grieving. Another police department is hurting. We all are. We stand ready to assist our neighbors in any way possible.
Also, we appreciate all the support we've received from members of our community lately. That's what we need to get through moments like this. As you saw on Chief Forté's blog that we posted here earlier today, these are scary times for police and their families. Your prayers and support really mean the world right now. And they mean a lot to our friends and colleagues in KCK, Baton Rouge, Dallas and around the country, as well.

------------------------
Personally I am so sick of the people killing our LEO ������

YES! "These are scary times for the police and their families" as the KS City, MO. police dept. mentioned in your link.

I am sick as well of LEO getting killed!!!!

IMOO.

no, it is terrible either way. but its a different motive.

Motive.

The had a CHOICE NOT TO KILL.

The motive was to kill period. AND the killed a police officer.

In light of EVERYTHING going on right now and this kills a police officer???

Please!!!

What difference in motive? THE KILLED the officer while the officer WAS IN HIS PATROL CAR!!!

IMOO.

From your link:
He "was Shot IN HIS PATROL CAR."

This is so sad to me!

IMOO.

He didn't stand a chance. From Carriis' link: [FONT=&quot]An individual said three or four parties were shooting in his direction. [/FONT]

It feels like stupidity and murder to me.

IMOO.
I agree. The suspects were in a vehicle and could of driven away. Instead they jump out of their vehicle and shoot a police officer sitting in his car.
IMO I find it interesting that the Baton Rouge killer was from KC. Could it be related?

He didn't stand a chance. From Carriis' link: [FONT=&amp]An individual said three or four parties were shooting in his direction. [/FONT]

Yeh- when it was breaking there were two cars driving down the street shooting at each other - that what the 911 call was

and two of em are still out there

Motive.

The had a CHOICE NOT TO KILL.

The motive was to kill period. AND the killed a police officer.

In light of EVERYTHING going on right now and this kills a police officer???

Please!!!

What difference in motive? THE KILLED the officer while the officer WAS IN HIS PATROL CAR!!!

IMOO.

If this is still alive and charged, motive will be important IMO. BTW does Kansas have the DP?

I agree. The suspects were in a vehicle and could of driven away. Instead they jump out of their vehicle and shoot a police officer sitting in his car.
IMO I find it interesting that the Baton Rouge killer was from KC. Could it be related?

The Baton Rouge Killer was from Kansas City, Missouri.

If this POI is still alive and charged, motive will be important IMO. BTW does Kansas have the DP?

Praying Kansas carrys the DP 😡

I did find this:

After the 1976 United States Supreme Court decision in Gregg v. Georgia permitted states to reinstate the death penalty, the Kansas legislature made numerous attempts to do so, but Governor John W. Carlin vetoed such legislation in 1979, 1980, 1981, and 1985.[1] The death penalty was eventually reinstated on April 23, 1994. Of states that still allow the death penalty, Kansas was the last to reinstate the death penalty in the modern era.[1] The law became effective on July 1, after then-Governor Joan Finney, despite her proclaimed opposition to capital punishment, decided to allow the bill to become law without her signature.[1] The first degree murder with the aggravating factors is the only crime punishable to death.[2]

In 2004, the Kansas Supreme Court in a 4 to 3 decision ruled state's death penalty statute to be unconstitutional.[3] The decision was later reversed. Currently, there are 9 people on death row, all males.[4] Lethal injection is the only permitted method of execution.[4]

Generally, death sentences are rarely passed in Kansas.[5][6] The Governor is a sole pardoning power, although he or she may receive a non-binding recommendation of clemency from a board. As of 2012, no executive death penalty commutation has been granted in Kansas.[7]

There is no "death row" in Kansas, as inmates are housed at the El Dorado Correctional Facility along with other inmates in administrative segregation.[8]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Kansas

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back