KS - Capt. Robert 'Dave' Melton, Kansas City PD officer, fatally shot, 19 July 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Shoot a cop.. Automatic death penalty.. carried out within 12 months of sentencing. Get rid of these as#h$le@. And i wouldn't blame ANY cop for NOT going into gang/****/hoodrat (yes i said it) areas. Let them all kill each other. Black, White, Hispanic, Martian, whatever. Time to take out the trash. My patience with lifetime criminals with long rap sheets and NOT getting get of of jail free/early is over. What happened to the third strike rule? UGH. Ready to move to an isolated island and live with the animals.

Shoot a cop.. Automatic death penalty.. carried out within 12 months of sentencing. Get rid of these as#h$le@. And i wouldn't blame ANY cop for NOT going into gang/****/hoodrat (yes i said it) areas. Let them all kill each other. Black, White, Hispanic, Martian, whatever. Time to take out the trash. My patience with lifetime criminals with long rap sheets and NOT getting get of of jail free/early is over. What happened to the third strike rule? UGH. Ready to move to an isolated island and live with the animals.

Word!!!

If this is still alive and charged, motive will be important IMO. BTW does Kansas have the DP?

I have to ask because I don't know.

You mentioned that motive will be important. Will it be important in the eyes of the law only, or do you mean important in the eyes of the citizens? I am not clear on what you mean… sorry!

Is the penalty stiffer for knowingly murdering a police officer versus murdering a civilian?

Or do you mean if he purposely went out of his way to murder a police officer, that could carry more charges than on happenstance murdering a police officer?

IMOO.

Those areas you mentioned have innocent children, men, and women living in them that are often the victims of the gang bangers themselves. They do not deserve to be protected by LE any less than I do in my nice and safe neighborhood. Probably even more so. Lots of people in those areas are law abiding, and trying to just keep their heads above water.
Eta, I agree with everything else you said

He was shot 25 mins after the 911 call which was a armed disturbance call.... That is not a drive by shooting imo

He was shot 25 mins after the 911 call which was a armed disturbance call.... That is not a drive by shooting imo

If I understand correctly the guys in the two cars were shooting at each other, It would make sense if folks were in their house and all of a sudden a bullet comes in, and they see two cars going by-- so much violence everywhere

the local folks just said it is a rough part of town

After the 1976 United States Supreme Court decision in Gregg v. Georgia permitted states to reinstate the death penalty, the Kansas legislature made numerous attempts to do so, but Governor John W. Carlin vetoed such legislation in 1979, 1980, 1981, and 1985.[SUP][1][/SUP] The death penalty was eventually reinstated on April 23, 1994. Of states that still allow the death penalty, Kansas was the last to reinstate the death penalty in the modern era.[SUP][1][/SUP] The law became effective on July 1, after then-Governor Joan Finney, despite her proclaimed opposition to capital punishment, decided to allow the bill to become law without her signature.[SUP][1][/SUP] The first degree murder with the aggravating factors is the only crime punishable to death.[SUP][2]
[/SUP]

In 2004, the Kansas Supreme Court in a 4 to 3 decision ruled state's death penalty statute to be unconstitutional.[SUP][3][/SUP] The decision was later reversed. Currently, there are 9 people on death row, all males.[SUP][4][/SUP] Lethal injection is the only permitted method of execution.[SUP][4]
[/SUP]

Generally, death sentences are rarely passed in Kansas.[SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][6][/SUP] The Governor is a sole pardoning power, although he or she may receive a non-binding recommendation of clemency from a board. As of 2012, no executive death penalty commutation has been granted in Kansas.[SUP][7]
[/SUP]

There is no "death row" in Kansas, as inmates are housed at the El Dorado Correctional Facility along with other inmates in administrative segregation.[SUP][8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Kansas
[/SUP]

RBBM

NO!!!!!!!! Put All the 's in prison and let them try to survive together‼️ 👺

OMG I have said that for years‼️ I so agree with you.

If they apprehend others involved they will either get "plea deals", life with possible parole, or out in 20 or less years 👺

Correct, but correct me if I'm wrong isn't it a bridge and state line separating the two. That to me is real close.

Personally, I look at it as, one is in the state of Kansas and one is in the state of Missouri, regardless of how close. The Baton Rouge killer was from the Missouri side not the Kansas side.

IMOO.

Personally, I look at it as, one is in the state of Kansas and one is in the state of Missouri, regardless of how close. The Baton Rouge killer was from the Missouri side not the Kansas side.

IMOO.
I can understand that. I am sorry if I any way offended the two different Kansas Cities.

I have to ask because I don't know.

You mentioned that motive will be important. Will it be important in the eyes of the law only, or do you mean important in the eyes of the citizens? I am not clear on what you mean… sorry!

Is the penalty stiffer for knowingly murdering a police officer versus murdering a civilian?

Or do you mean if he purposely went out of his way to murder a police officer, that could carry more charges than on happenstance murdering a police officer?

IMOO.

Prosecution doesn't have to show motive but IMO it always helps to be able to show motive to the jury, regardless of what the motive is. I want justice for this officer and whatever it takes to get it.

I wonder if they were just sitting there knowing law enforcement would come to respond to the previous gunfire. Waiting to shoot an officer.

Just tuned in, this is horrible, do they know who the suspect/s are and what they look like, or should i just take a wild guess?

Welllllllll???? 🤔
Still looking for 2 more suspects

I can understand that. I am sorry if I any way offended the two different Kansas Cities.

My intent was only a geographical one, for the correct state he resided in. Especially if looking up court records for where that Baton Rouge killer resided, of which by the way wasn't much in the Missouri Court Records system.

IMOO.

Prosecution doesn't have to show motive but IMO it always helps to be able to show motive to the jury, regardless of what the motive is. I want justice for this officer and whatever it takes to get it.

Thanks for your response! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back