Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,

I’m new here but this story has brought me here as little Lucas lives only 45 minutes from where I do and just down the road from my sister. Her and her roommates have been on the lookout for him and have been searching on their own. I know Wichita has a 4 day weekend, but my question is whether or not anyone knows if Wichita’s Headstart/preschool is 5 days a week or only 4. Our Headstart here is only 4 days a week, with Friday being off every week. If that is the same down there, did anyone see him Friday by chance? Just something that came to mind. I will continue to pray and watch the updates.

It's a well known park with good reviews and that area specifically has other attractions of the nature-like sort as well as other things.

So let's just imagine SM disappeared Lucas. Why would she report it at the beginning of a four day weekend? Why not buy herself some time and report him missing, say, Tuesday night? When was dad due home? Were visitors expected?

Sorry can't edit but that's IF something happened to him on Saturday. Just wondering why she would report it so quickly (generally speaking)

Hi everyone,

I’m new here but this story has brought me here as little Lucas lives only 45 minutes from where I do and just down the road from my sister. Her and her roommates have been on the lookout for him and have been searching on their own. I know Wichita has a 4 day weekend, but my question is whether or not anyone knows if Wichita’s Headstart/preschool is 5 days a week or only 4. Our Headstart here is only 4 days a week, with Friday being off every week. If that is the same down there, did anyone see him Friday by chance? Just something that came to mind. I will continue to pray and watch the updates.

Same here with that same schedule for head start- Mon- Thur.

So, if the father was gone because he was working 12 hours away in Texas and is usually gone for most of the week, and Lucas didn't have school on Friday, that could mean he was missing even before then. Ack, me thinks I need some fresh air, I hate these thoughts!

Hi everyone,

:welcome:
I am sorry I cannot answer your qestions about headstart, but I wanted to welcome you to our group!

So let's just imagine SM disappeared Lucas. Why would she report it at the beginning of a four day weekend? Why not buy herself some time and report him missing, say, Tuesday night? When was dad due home? Were visitors expected?

I am very cruious to know when Dad was due home.

I’m having shades of Noah Chamberlain mixed with Haleigh Cummings.
:(
Jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, if the father was gone because he was working 12 hours away in Texas and is usually gone for most of the week, and Lucas didn't have school on Friday, that could mean he was missing even before then. Ack, me thinks I need some fresh air, I hate these thoughts!

This is where my mind is going too. Of course, it's possible he went missing 3pm Saturday....but I really am not buying that 100%. I am suspicious that he "went missing" earlier.

jmopinion at the moment, subject to change as we learn more

Once again I have been following this thread since Lucas went missing, but haven't posted until now. My heart is already so heavy with the amount of children's cases we have had here lately on WS when most did not turnout like we had hoped and prayed they would.

I pray that little Lucas will not be one of those heart rendering cases, and will have a joyfully ending.

Just the thought that the stepmom may have abused Lucas in the past infuriates me as a loving devoted stepmom of two beautiful girls who now are wonderful moms themselves.

I am so blessed for they both call me "Bonus Momma" and it thrills me that they do so. They are grown now but when they became my/our children in 1984 they were 8 and 14 at the time. It does my heart good to know they know I love them deeply as if I had birthed them myself.. just like I do my other three children and have never ever mistreated them nor made them feel excluded in any way.

We became a family with five children the day we married, period. My hubby nor I have ever called our children step children 'step' when referring to them and they have never referred to their siblings as step siblings either. To them we are one family of two parents with four sisters and one brother. And none of it was hard for me or my hubby to do this. From moment one we knew inclusion of all of our 5 children equally is what they all deserved in their lives and ours. My three bio children have called my hubby "Daddy" for over 30 years because they know they are so blessed to have this man as the daddy they have who has been the best role model always showing them how to be kind, loving, and inclusive adults to everyone.

I say all of this.... because there is nothing that pains me more than to even think of a step parent being neglectful, mean/cruel, and abusive to their stepchildren when they also are true blessing from God. Our family wouldn't be complete without the five children we are so blessed to have.

I hope and pray this is not another horror story where the stepmom resented little Lucas. He deserves to be loved and cherished by all who have been blessed to be around him and have him in their lives.

I can think of only two situations in this case and both are equally heartbreaking. 1) He may have gotten up when the adults were sleeping and went out to play on his own and someone in the neighborhood saw him all alone and took advantage of that. Just like what happened to Sandra Cantu who was kidnapped, raped, and the murdered by Melissa Huckaby when she was outside playing alone. Or little 6 year old Christopher Barrios who also was playing in his neighborhood, and was lured into a home filled with three pedophiles who lived close by. :( No one in those cases saw it happen either.

2) OR.........it involves the stepmom and the results may be just as grave for this precious little boy.

Due to knowing Lucas had suffered from abuse in the past I am more inclined to believe #2 even though it breaks my heart to even think about that or actually any possibility that does not end well for this beautiful sweet boy.

I will remain hopeful until he is found. We can never lose hope until all hope is gone, and I know his family is clinging to that hope, and praying for a miracle like we all are.

Please find Lucas soon.

Sorry for the long post everyone. I don't post nearly as much as I use to do so when I do , I know my posts can be rather long. Sorry.

IMO

ocean. You are so sweet. Your posts always have me in tears. It is a beautiful thing to read, how your family is united with each other. My DH's parents (bio) have admitted they wish my DH was never born. He also has a "bonus momma" (not step, sort of like an aunt) and we are both so grateful for her. Your kids, all of your kids are lucky to have you. Short of my mom, bonus mama's are the best. I wish all would embrace it as you have.

My mind goes to how easy it is to keep in touch with home when you’re traveling for work. Early on I could only FaceTime with WiFi. Now you can video chat with Messenger using a cellular connection. The same with WhatsApp, I believe. Maybe Dad checks in daily while he’s on the road for work? Maybe she had to have a story for him? All MOO. The norm for our family is a 7am & 5pm video chat that my husband initiates.

Hi everyone,

BBM

“A teacher with Beech Elementary School in Wichita posted on Facebook that Lucas is one of her students, and school district spokeswoman Susan Arensman confirmed that the boy is enrolled at the school.”
http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article200889139.html

With the district spokeswoman’s confirming Lucas’ enrollment at the elementary school -in addition to his teacher’s FB post as quoted in the article-, it appears he attends a public school.

I’ve looked, but have not been able to find daily and weekly schedules for different grades for the district.

We have had many kids here out for over a week due to illness. Bad this year.

You have some very knowledgeable veteran WebSleuthers keeping you company this evening, FindLucas. Over the years I have developed much respect for them and their dedication for the children. I was once an unwelcome stepchild myself. Now I spend my time potty training my own. And so my mind wanders back to his pull-up. Sometimes big life changes like new babies or moves prompt the little to regress. And sometimes the caregiver doesn’t want to be bothered. I’m wondering just how unwelcome this little dinosaur lover was. (That was rhetorical.) Please let there be a miracle.

BBM

I totally agree with you! I have been here since the Caylee Anthony case started in 2008 and I've never seen a more dedicated group of people. Webseltuhs is always my go-to if I see a missing persons case in the MSM and want to follow it. Still praying for LIttle Lucas. I hope he's found safe. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member