Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
O/T but related as it shows experience with WPD EMCU

On a warm May day, going about my regularly scheduled activities I received a phone call. I don’t get many phone calls, and since it wasn’t a school number or a family member I sent it to voicemail. When I listened to the voicemail, my stomach completely sank. I listened to the message three times. It was a detective with WPD EMCU asking me to return his call ASAP. I even googled the name and number to see if it was a prank. This was my worst nightmare come to life. See, my son has severe autism and he is completely nonverbal. I’m freaking out in my mind, he’s wandered away from school and they lost him! (Mind you, what I have described just now took less time than it took me to write it, but it felt like a millennium).
I called the detective back. He tells me he is calling about my son. I’m glad I’m sitting or I might’ve fallen, my knees are weak, my hands are shaking, my voice breaks as I ask is he ok. The detective tells me something that makes me so happy I could sing- my son is fine! I am so relieved but now I am confused- why is he calling?
He tells me he is investigating a report made by a staff member at the school, on another staff member. That said person may have mistreated my son. That they saw the person twist his arm inappropriately and other things. He asks me has my son mentioned anything about anyone mistreating him? I started crying again- my second worst nightmare come to life. I told him as much - my son couldn’t tell me even if he wanted to. I am hyper vigilant with my son, I check him for marks and bruises daily, watch for changes in behavior because that is how he ‘talks’ to me.
The detective didn’t have the extent of his disabilities in his report, he said. The person who reported it to them, may not have that knowledge of my son and he wanted to speak with me before they approached the school. He told me he knew it was a hard thing to hear and we chatted for a bit. I remember him being so nice and comforting. I asked him to keep me appraised of developments as he was able.
When I got off the phone, I was a wreck. I called my husband, my family members, my friends, and I consulted an attorney friend of mine. He told me to just keep on the detective and make sure it didn’t get swept under the rug or forgotten.
I called to check in about once a month. No new updates to report each time but he was glad to hear from me.
Then, almost six months later to the day, I got a call. The person had been charged with 22 counts of abuse! And wouldn’t ever be allowed to work in the school system or with children again! I wasn’t provided their name though.
Shortly after this, they had an EMCU Q&A night at the school - there were several high profile cases in the news about the same time in the same district also. EMCU came to the school and answered many questions about their investigations, how thorough they are, what tools they use, how the testing especially takes awhile... they were amazing to hear.
I’ve told this to help provide some perspective. My son was well, he wasn’t missing, not a visible mark on him. The investigation took almost 6 months, and they had solid proof for every charge. Sure it was annoying and frustrating to hear ‘no new updates’ for almost six months. But the peace of mind I got, knowing someone is watching out for my son when I can’t, was worth the wait.
I pray every day that Lucas’ family can have that same sense of closure and the department doing their very best job for Lucas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing Scarlett that had to be a very scary event in your sons and your life. I am glad they charged the perp and they will never be able to teach or be in the classroom again!

It saddens and sickens me when a child, or anyone for that matter, is discarded like trash. Caylee was:tantrum:

I can’t understand it. Children are so precious. How anyone can look at an innocent child and even entertain harming them is beyond me. They need love and protection and guidance. [emoji24]

On a warm May day, going about my regularly scheduled activities I received a phone call. I don’t get many phone calls, and since it wasn’t a school number or a family member I sent it to voicemail. When I listened to the voicemail, my stomach completely sank. I listened to the message three times. It was a detective with WPD EMCU asking me to return his call ASAP. I even googled the name and number to see if it was a prank. This was my worst nightmare come to life. See, my son has severe autism and he is completely nonverbal. I’m freaking out in my mind, he’s wandered away from school and they lost him! (Mind you, what I have described just now took less time than it took me to write it, but it felt like a millennium).
I called the detective back. He tells me he is calling about my son. I’m glad I’m sitting or I might’ve fallen, my knees are weak, my hands are shaking, my voice breaks as I ask is he ok. The detective tells me something that makes me so happy I could sing- my son is fine! I am so relieved but now I am confused- why is he calling?
He tells me he is investigating a report made by a staff member at the school, on another staff member. That said person may have mistreated my son. That they saw the person twist his arm inappropriately and other things. He asks me has my son mentioned anything about anyone mistreating him? I started crying again- my second worst nightmare come to life. I told him as much - my son couldn’t tell me even if he wanted to. I am hyper vigilant with my son, I check him for marks and bruises daily, watch for changes in behavior because that is how he ‘talks’ to me.
The detective didn’t have the extent of his disabilities in his report, he said. The person who reported it to them, may not have that knowledge of my son and he wanted to speak with me before they approached the school. He told me he knew it was a hard thing to hear and we chatted for a bit. I remember him being so nice and comforting. I asked him to keep me appraised of developments as he was able.
When I got off the phone, I was a wreck. I called my husband, my family members, my friends, and I consulted an attorney friend of mine. He told me to just keep on the detective and make sure it didn’t get swept under the rug or forgotten.
I called to check in about once a month. No new updates to report each time but he was glad to hear from me.
Then, almost six months later to the day, I got a call. The person had been charged with 22 counts of abuse! And wouldn’t ever be allowed to work in the school system or with children again! I wasn’t provided their name though.
Shortly after this, they had an EMCU Q&A night at the school - there were several high profile cases in the news about the same time in the same district also. EMCU came to the school and answered many questions about their investigations, how thorough they are, what tools they use, how the testing especially takes awhile... they were amazing to hear.
I’ve told this to help provide some perspective. My son was well, he wasn’t missing, not a visible mark on him. The investigation took almost 6 months, and they had solid proof for every charge. Sure it was annoying and frustrating to hear ‘no new updates’ for almost six months. But the peace of mind I got, knowing someone is watching out for my son when I can’t, was worth the wait.
I pray every day that Lucas’ family can have that same sense of closure and the department doing their very best job for Lucas.

Thank you for posting this. I find myself biting my tongue so much I taste blood sometimes because my stories, I can’t share. I would like to say that CPS and the police can only do what the law and cooperation of citizens will allow them to do. The second a parent hear’s from a child protection investigator, without even hearing why many times, the walls go up, defenses come out and the phone goes silent. Try getting to the bottom of something when no one will talk to you, or if you can even trust what you are hearing. And then having to prove something in court because taking a child away from a parent should be proven necessary to the highest degree. Unfortunately, sometimes a child is being abused by someone OTHER than the parents and the delay in discovering it is because of lack of communication on the parents part. CPS can also be a gift to a parent trapped in an abusive situation that they don’t know how to get out of, but it’s hard to help someone who doesn’t want to help themselves. Any child hurt by a parent is a failure on the parents part, the death of a child known to CPS in any way is a tragedy that should be seen as an opportunity to keep it from happening again. Lucas may have lost his life but maybe he will save the lives of other kids by teaching us some things we didn’t know before. I will say I think having Evan’s mom in the same jail as EG may end up being a good thing......Evan’s birth mother is a true monster and EG won’t want to be put in the same category as her. And right now, the more we compare the two of them as similar might just be the motivation EG needs to prove she loved Lucas and tell LE where he is.

Thank you for posting this. I find myself biting my tongue so much I taste blood sometimes because my stories, I can’t share. I would like to say that CPS and the police can only do what the law and cooperation of citizens will allow them to do. The second a parent hear’s from a child protection investigator, without even hearing why many times, the walls go up, defenses come out and the phone goes silent. Try getting to the bottom of something when no one will talk to you, or if you can even trust what you are hearing. And then having to prove something in court because taking a child away from a parent should be proven necessary to the highest degree. Unfortunately, sometimes a child is being abused by someone OTHER than the parents and the delay in discovering it is because of lack of communication on the parents part. CPS can also be a gift to a parent trapped in an abusive situation that they don’t know how to get out of, but it’s hard to help someone who doesn’t want to help themselves. Any child hurt by a parent is a failure on the parents part, the death of a child known to CPS in any way is a tragedy that should be seen as an opportunity to keep it from happening again. Lucas may have lost his life but maybe he will save the lives of other kids by teaching us some things we didn’t know before. I will say I think having Evan’s mom in the same jail as EG may end up being a good thing......Evan’s birth mother is a true monster and EG won’t want to be put in the same category as her. And right now, the more we compare the two of them as similar might just be the motivation EG needs to prove she loved Lucas and tell LE where he is.

Who is Evan and his birth mom?

Who is Evan and his birth mom?

Evan Brewer, a 3 yo who was tortured and killed by his mom and her boyfriend last year. She lost custody of him but wouldn’t give him up. Police and DCF hands were tied, they couldn’t get in the house to retrieve him; the mom would just not answer the door or tell them Evan wasn’t there. His father did everything right, and still a tragedy. They found his body after mom and boyfriend moved out of the house and the landlord found a strange concrete block in the basement

I think it's very possible LG doesn't remember (if she did know) where she placed Lucas.
:moo:

possible but she can tell them she can't remember for sure and a area. I myself thin someone placed him after she was arrested and that's why she does not know.

Oh Scarlett. I can relate. My son too has autism (he is 12) but thankfully he is verbal. I cannot imagine the horror of that phone call and the following 6 months. Thank you for sharing your experience.

possible but she can tell them she can't remember for sure and a area. I myself thin someone placed him after she was arrested and that's why she does not know.
That's interesting too.:thinking: None of us know for sure but we sure are sleuthing as hard as we can.

I come here throughout everyday hoping Lucas has been found. I pray for this precious child and his family who loves and cares for him, I pray God wraps his loving arms of comfort around you. I see that so many reports of children being abused and murdered, and I think a petition should be started and sent to someone higher up that could enforce stiffer charges for anyone hurting a child and make the child protective offices follow every report, even removing a child from a home until the report is cleared.JMO.....

I’m not suggesting LE isn’t looking for Lucas, I am certain they know what they are doing. However I am surprised that they haven’t posted any flyers or pictures to their Facebook page of Lucas since February 27th. Just scrolled through their page hoping for anything, but nada. I thought with the NCAA tournaments they would have plastered his face everywhere. Things that make you go hmmmm.

I’m not suggesting LE isn’t looking for Lucas, I am certain they know what they are doing. However I am surprised that they haven’t posted any flyers or pictures to their Facebook page of Lucas since February 27th. Just scrolled through their page hoping for anything, but nada. I thought with the NCAA tournaments they would have plastered his face everywhere. Things that make you go hmmmm.

I’m disappointed there’s been no mention of Lucas by WPD in quite a while. We can post all we like, but the general public may feel there’s no reason to search, because if the police aren’t searching...they must know something that we don’t.

I’m disheartened today. I’ll just leave you with this collage of photos that were sent to DHS.

3822dc3646273e9250cee6cdbeae4ac6.jpg

Oh my, I am so thankful to read a positive outcome. We need more of these. Although I wish the abuse never happened in the first place, thank God for the person who reported the abuser. Love to your son and a little left over for you too. :loveyou: I hope the abuser is locked up forever.

That's interesting too.:thinking: None of us know for sure but we sure are sleuthing as hard as we can.

Always clearing our minds of knowledge, to see what IS, as it is.

EG took a shower, and a 'nap'.

We naturally wonder, what is going on in her day that she needs both, without having gone anywhere? What is EG taking a shower & a nap to prepare For???

Sidenote: there's always a 'normal', convenient, everpresent catchall word of phrase 'ending' the topic/event.
What does 'nap' mean to EG?
How did she use the term in her day to say life?

My own devil constantly threw out 'Appointment' any time she was questioned & didn't feel like dealing with others. CPS didn't even notice the tactic, much less record it in their hundreds of brushes with her. Curiously this word NEVER made it into ordinary conversations (logged years listening to her blather to thousands).

This is a theme I've seen countless times with other's tormentors. Verbs fraught with meaning, waving like red flags to the abused. Things which appear ordinary to onlookers, things which are ANYTHING but.
"Let's have a Chat", "We're going to the Park", 'Get your homework'. Isolating, Invoking threats.

Lucas would know (see as he sees things).
For small children with little long term memory, things are very symbolic and easy perceived, they rely on adults to reflect understanding of a thing in order to communicate the complexity of it themselves.

Being hit is easy to say. Coupled with actions that are socially seen as 'normal' and bad feelings about them, make it very hard to express everything that is behind that wall of the catchphrase- like a junk closet there is no easy way to 'open the door' without dealing with the unknown aftermath- easier to not open the door.

I’m disappointed there’s been no mention of Lucas by WPD in quite a while. We can post all we like, but the general public may feel there’s no reason to search, because if the police aren’t searching...they must know something that we don’t.

I’m disheartened today. I’ll just leave you with this collage of photos that were sent to DHS.

3822dc3646273e9250cee6cdbeae4ac6.jpg

Omg

Derbyp screenprinting shop Shamrock Graphics decided to start making T-Shirts with Lucas' name on them, and the phone number for Crimestoppers, as a way to help aid in the search.

"We just wanted to try something to try and help generate some leads to try to locate him." said Co-Owner Byron McNary.

Another local search group has started a similar campaign, offering wristbands and vehicle magnets for sale with the Crimestoppers information.

Both groups have partnered with Crimestoppers, and the proceeds from sales for the T-Shirts, Magnets, and Wristbands will be contributed to the Crimestoppers reward fund for information regarding the Lucas Hernandez case.

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Lo...p-attention-on-Lucas-Hernandez-477861823.html

is there anything we can do to pressure the wpd to get the word out.

is there anything we can do to pressure the wpd to get the word out.

I’ll talk to FLA and the family tomorrow to see what we can do. This is getting ridiculous. They haven’t even come forward to ask property owners to search their land. I’m not trying to “come down” on WPD, but that’s one of the first things you often see when a child goes missing.

I’m glad you wonderful guys n gals are still here and give a damn! [emoji172]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics