Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #19 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think she got rid of Lucas the night before( in the dark) she reported him missing?
I wonder if she drove over the state line?

LE probably checked cameras near and far to pick up an image of her car.

I’m so far away to contemplate how far was travelled. But I have certainly thought all along she had an all nighter. I actually even think it’s highly possible she did in fact nap the next day as she had been busy the night before [emoji36]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This got me thinking...Koreans are known to love to hunt for mushrooms...it's a big part of their culture. And like Kuyluc said, they look closely at everything while hunting. Does Wichita have any areas of the city that have a larger Korean population? That would be a great community to make sure knows about Lucas. Perhaps flyers in an Asian grocery store? (H Mart is a national chain, not sure Wichita has one)

Jumping off this, "ginseng hunters" found the remains of Holly Bobo.

Is there ginseng there?

Is there anymore information on her pregnancy?
A due date?
I would like to see her daughter and the new baby adopted together if possible.
Providing both lose parental rights to the kids.

This caught my eye, access points to the Arkansas River, as well as activites, wildlife, etc:

"Boating and Access

The Arkansas River Access Coalition, a consortium of municipalities, counties, and various user groups, has united to develop 120 miles of the Arkansas River into a recreational amenity that will draw users from all around the region.

Desired recreational uses include, but are not limited to, canoeing, kayaking, hiking, biking, wildlife viewing, fishing, and hunting. To achieve this objective, a Master Plan has been created as a blueprint for developing access points at desired intervals in a way that is both cost-effective and protective of the Arkansas River's natural amenities and character.

Project Go​​als
Protect the natural amenities and character of the Arkansas River corridor.Develop a Master Plan for recreational river access.Develop access point types and supporting facilities.Develop prioritized list of access pointsBuild public awareness and support for the project's vision"

http://www.wichita.gov/PWU/Pages/River.aspx

(More on the concrete, what about (encased in) poured concrete...thinking out loud, that wouldn't be abrasive til it dried though....)
I hope she did not get to creative.
He wont be found if she did.

Why the hell isnt Lucas's father not demanding answers?
I think LE will look for an angle to charge him to.
They are buying time.

Wait a minute, I just remembered something from another case, the Jewish college student, the man who killed him, had bruises/injuries on his hands, they were ruled not to be defensive wounds, but rather injuries from digging into the ground with his bare hands IIRC, need to look at the exact wording re: that...I remember Pink talking about how the ground was hard like clay...

Do we know that she ONLY had injuries on the top of her hands and not on her b palms? What about the condition of her fingernails?

PB, would you say there is any wiggle room with the term "scratches"...just wondering/clarifying is there's any way something like alternate "abrasion", (chemical/fire) "burns", etc could be considered. Or if it's specifically "scratches"...I guess you said scratches so we'll go with that...do we know how many, how large, how wide, nevermind I'm sure you can't answer that, it's ok. :)

Did she ever explain where the bruises came from?
Im sure LE asked.
Her answer was probably stupid and will be used against her at a later date.
For sure there were scratches. I think we're taking liberties with the word "bruises" as that has not been verified. It's a good question though. I wonder what she told LE about the scratches on her hands.

This type of grate on the side of a dark road somewhere...
cache.php

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Or a culvert?

I just had a morbid thought but I believe she would be capable of it. The cadaver dogs they are saying did not hit on anything in home or car. I wonder if he was still alive when she disposed of him.

It was never said that the dogs did not hit on anything. Only that the dogs did not locate Lucas. We also don't know what types of dogs were used.

(I hear ya...Colorado needs rain badly...don't want to see another wildfire situation, esp close to home...hoping for lots of rain...Speaking of which, note to check on IQ, she lost her home in the CA Fires...)

(I have been meaning to check up on IQ for a while now! ... Bringing the wildfires/mudslides thread back in a minute if you haven't already marg)

We had rain, sleet and snow 2 days or so after he was missing. It suspended search efforts. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RMT! I was just thinking of you earlier today. :heartbeat: Hope you are well.

JH would of known if her hands looked like that when he left. Has he said anything about that?????

He hasn't said anything that might incriminate his precious GF. Protecting her is his only worry.

Thinking out loud (like Wildcat Runner :wink:), cement blocks...bricks....

Did her garden/flowerbed/ yard have any?

Going back to read now!
Hahaha thanks for the laugh! It was needed. I'm thinking more quietly these days...or I've at least begun to lead you to believe that. [emoji23]

A sandpaper abrasion type scratch from concrete would be different from a branch, etc type scratch, I would think as I'm no expert, but boy would I like to see Forensic Files get a hold of the pictures of the scratches...
I think we should run with this line of thinking. Like you, I envision a scratch from a branch to be fairly narrow, and a fairly straight line. From concrete, more of a scrape (like sandpaper abrasion), less of a distinguishable shape, probably wider than it is long. So, based on PB's statement that the injuries to the hands could be from either....is there somewhere, or something, that would be likely to cause both types of injuries? What can we think of, and where in the radius around Wichita would we find whatever this would be? This could narrow things down substantially for our on the ground searchers.

Jumping off this, "ginseng hunters" found the remains of Holly Bobo.

Is there ginseng there?
https://owlcation.com/stem/Where-Do...s-about-right-here-in-Americas-National-Parks

Based on this reference I found (it has a map), it doesn't appear ginsing grows anywhere in Kansas, but it does in almost all of Missouri, so maybe about 4 hours away. Possibly still a good community to reach out to, as they are an observant group that live within driving distance of Lucas' last known location.

Her hands look just like mine did when I worked at Dollywood in the early 90's when we used a lot of bleach. Chemical burns.

Scratches....could they be from bricks? Should it be considered Lucas could be in...a chimney?

Just a thought.

ETA: Do homes in this area even have fireplaces/chimney's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow