Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #24 Arrest

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so everyone knows.... on KWCH 12 they are showing regular programming, but breaking in with updates and streaming all updates on the bottom the screen too.

FLA....Jamie...my heart and my families' hearts go out to you.

You are in our prayers.

Lucas...you adorable little guy...I have no words except I know you're safe now.

XOXOXOXO

@raeann , is it possible you have the wrong location? That points to NORTH Woodlawn.

I think the location as reported in the media is "9700 block of S. Woodlawn". I believe it is here:
Google Maps

This is also consistent with the map provided in the latest version of this article:
Family confirms remains of Lucas Hernandez found in Harvey County

Based on the various live videos and photos of the scene, it looks like it is actually on 96th, immediately west of S. Woodlawn. You can see the small creek angling from the southwest towards the northeast.

I believe that it's the same location in both maps....Woodlawn ends just shortly north of there, so when you type in South Woodlawn, it comes up as North Woodlawn.....which is what it would be up to the Sedgwick/Harvey county line. Although it does seem that the location is on the smaller side road at 96th -- according to recent reporters comments, so I would think it is that smaller stream area just to the west of the intersection at 96th and Woodlawn.

Actually, I think my map location IS a few miles away to the SOUTH of yours, even though mine comes up as North Woodlawn....very confusing.

Last edited:
Can we just fast forward to the guilty verdict.

I know how you feel and I really hope EG takes a plea deal if one is offered.

If she decides to go to trial, or if no plea deal is offered and she has to go to trial, then I really want the trial to be well after she's given birth. There's no way I would want a heavily pregnant EG standing trial and possibly gaining sympathy or doubt from any juror.

I don't like the way reporters are talking. Basically saying due to the condition of the body, they may not be able to determine cause of death. OMG, EG can't walk free again. :mad::mad::mad:
Don't lose hope that EG and anyone else (if) involved will pay for Lucas. I have been watching these cases since before Caylee went missing and there has been a noticeable shift in the willingness of prosecutors to fully charge and juries to convict child abusers and murderers. Hopefully Lucas will have advocates. He did not kill himself and throw his own little body off a bridge miles away from home like trash. I'll stop now because I don't want a time out on this new forum ...

I know how you feel and I really hope EG takes a plea deal if one is offered.

If she decides to go to trial, or if no plea deal is offered and she has to go to trial, then I really want the trial to be well after she's given birth. There's no way I would want a heavily pregnant EG standing trial and possibly gaining sympathy or doubt from any juror.
They better remove the baby from her immediately after he/she is born!

The grandmother of Lucas says it's him according to channel 12--they broke into programming just now

PI had interviews with EG and JH ...interviews took place for hours and then the PI got up early and searched where the small body was found.

I wonder how the jurors will feel now after seeing this on the news? I'd be devastated if I was a juror.

She might not have talked or led LE to Lucas' body if she'd been convicted in the child endangerment case. Setting her free temporarily seems to have been the right decision. I don't think those jurors should be upset. I think any future jurors need to reach a different verdict, though.

Don't lose hope that EG and anyone else (if) involved will pay for Lucas. I have been watching these cases since before Caylee went missing and there has been a noticeable shift in the willingness of prosecutors to fully charge and juries to convict child abusers and murderers. Hopefully Lucas will have advocates. He did not kill himself and throw his own little body off a bridge miles away from home like trash. I'll stop now because I don't want a time out on this new forum ...
I followed that case too.

I hope EG talked like a canary to the PI. I hope EG & JH are both tried for murder and found guilty, as I think we all do.

Yes, I screamed at him to shut up and not jinx anything. I know that's not how it works but dammit I do not want this to be another CA or however many others have gotten away with murdering a kiddo!
How could it be? The PI was lead to the body.
EG was "allegedly" gone did they word that a suspect and a witness?
I don't see any wiggle room at all...fingers crossed!
Moo

I wonder how the jurors will feel now after seeing this on the news? I'd be devastated if I was a juror.

The jurors werentwto consider anything about Lucas. Unfortunately, for our justice system to work, they did what they were supposed to. Shelloget new jurors (12 of them) in another trial, where Lucas is the victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member