Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #27

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know there are alot of good people who did not know Lucas that want to go to the funeral to pay their respects, but I really think it needs to be a private event. If the public is there, I am sure the media will get ahold of someone who will make statements on how the family reacted, take pictures etc. The family needs time to lay Lucas to rest without the world watching their every move and emotion.

I know there are alot of good people who did not know Lucas that want to go to the funeral to pay their respects, but I really think it needs to be a private event. If the public is there, I am sure the media will get ahold of someone who will make statements on how the family reacted, take pictures etc. The family needs time to lay Lucas to rest without the world watching their every move and emotion.

I 100% agree. I think the actual memorial should be private and then they can have another memorial for the public in which family does not even need to attend.

RSBM for focus
RBBM
KCK boy's slaying prompts call for new rules on reporting abuse

Adrian's Act, named for Adrian Jones is/was an attempt to do just that but it's pretty much dead in the water. Some Home schooling lobbyists fought it even though it would not have changed current homeschool laws. Unfortunately a DA inadvertently created controversy by saying he'd like to see it expanded to increase oversight for homeschooled children. One coalition was in favor and one was not. Others were nervous about the "slippery slide" such a law could create. The 2018 session is over so the future is uncertain. The above link has more information on the concerns.
https://www.kshb.com/news/state/kansas/kansas-lawmaker-introduces-adrians-act-after-murder-of-kck-bo
Time may have run out for Adrian’s Act in Kansas Legislature this year
If I decide to get involved I know it’s going to be a battle. Re homeschoolers they want no visibility of any kind by anyone. That’s how those kids in California fell off the radar and the mothers who drive their suv over a ca cliff did as well. We had a huge problem with it in rural Alaska. But they always took $$ allotted to each child for education.

So there are issues. But what I have seen is a highly organized effort by anyone to go in and change the law. People have to have a motive and perhaps Lucas is it. Along with other child deaths. I don’t know. But the waters are being tested because as civil intelligent people we can’t allow it to go on.

Frankly I’m surprised at how many people don’t understand basic rights and law. I’m not being critical but all of us live and function under the constitution, civil rights bill and so many others. From taxes to a parking ticket ach if us have certain rights government must honor. So many don’t understand that LE can’t make you tell the truth. In fact the first thing a person should do is say nothing and if it’s serious enough remember one
If she does that, then LE needs to step back and let whatever happens happen. Though my brain says I hope someone films it. Blah. I have no good feelings towards her. I can't even wonder what went wrong in her life to make her this way. I just feel anger and disgust. I cannot imagine what those that actually know her feel. And Lucas... cute little innocent Lucas. His feelings were correct. She didn't like him. She didn't love him. She hated him apparently.
I got the impression when Lucas first went missing, that JH felt like people had been maliciously accusing EG in the past. The "it isn't helpful" comment made me wonder. They probably acted as if it was them against the world. Like, they believed that the abuse allegations were done just to try and split them up. Too led by his privates, and manipulated by EG, to see what was really going on. Not that this excuses him mind you
Maybe because it came from an independent source too. If he felt that his family and JO's family always hated EG then he could just tell himself it was BS by them to try and get at EG. Maybe when Marshburn got to talk to him, and maybe he used his "drinking buddy" persona to reach out to JH, then JH was finally able to see that EG had been manipulating him. Just my opinon
I keep repeating to myself something my grandmother used to say. Patience is a virtue. Waiting is going to be difficult
But if DM had this so did LE
But if DM had this so did LE

Do not know what I did but I’m responding about Le having phone ping info

Techwalla.com explains it well;

Cell phone users who want to understand how their phones can be tracked must first understand how the phones allow mobility. In each cellular service area, dozens of cell phone towers maintain bi-directional communication with nearby wireless phones. When a cell phone is turned on, its signal is received by two, three or more nearby wireless towers known as "cells." When the cell phone user makes or receives a call, the cellular network analyzes the phone's position and determines which tower, or cell, is best positioned to provide wireless service. As a result of this overlapping service coverage, any mobile phone that is turned on maintains connections with several nearby towers. The phone does not have to be actively engaged in a call to be connected to cells, but it must be turned on; phones in the "off" position or those with no batteries do not register with the cellular carrier's network and cannot be tracked.

Last edited:
I hope and pray we are not looking at yet another case where an innocent child is killed and the killer walks away scot-free. Even one is too many and I am going to be physically ill if this woman pleads accidental-death-and-cover-up-due-to momentary-panic, and a juror buys it.

I 100% agree. I think the actual memorial should be private and then they can have another memorial for the public in which family does not even need to attend.
Plus, I have seen the beautiful momentoes that people have left and the balloon releases.... the public has shown that they care...now let the family mourn....and I feel it should be JUST family

I think Sex and lust is a huge part of it. And she is much inclined to use it.

I don’t like professional career women that use it nor anyone else. If you can’t origress on merit then you shouldn’t sleep your way anywhere. I tried to say it before without coming right out and saying it. I’m glad you did. Thanks.
This made me lol. Men and Women use their attracting skills to their benefit all the time. It can be a foot in the door so to speak. Imo the more educated one is the less they can be had by this in the bigger picture.

I agree also this is not a time for family and emotions to be on display. I know a lot of locals put in countless hours but they didn’t do it for notoriety and I’m sure like pink agree let it be private

I don’t doubt that you do. However, I have a lifetime of experiences that have showed me how quickly and easily “most” people fall for their antics.

There is a drastic difference between how people who have, little to no experience with sociopaths, a lot of experience that began as an adult, and grown up studying their close relatives/parental units behaviors who are sociopaths, view their kind.

You most likely came into the situation as an adult who had been told stories or possibly even cautioned about your wife’s sociopathic relatives. As well as having the luxury of being an adult who could remain distanced from those people.

When you are born into a sociopathic family, you don’t have the luxury of a fully developed brain to process their behaviors, or knowledge that it is not normal, not your fault, etc. I have spent far too much of my life trying to figure out why outsiders pretty much always buy my relatives BS hook, line, and sinker. It’s so clear to me how selfish, manipulative, cold & calculating they truly are, but everyone else thinks they’re the greatest thing since sliced bread. The most logical answer to me is that people in general (minus psychologists, therapists, etc.) don’t recognize a sociopath until they’ve spent a considerable amount of time with that person, UNLESS they have a fairly extensive history with one.
I'm sorry you have had a life with these people. I married into a family of narcissists. It took me awhile to realize. But once I did the world made sense again. The other thing I realized is that these people are amoral. They have heard about right and wrong but it just doesn't apply to them. I guess it goes with the title. Anyway, Emily has it written across her forehead. These people get away with alot because others don't relate, can't imagine the evil that lurks within.

I hope and pray we are not looking at yet another case where an innocent child is killed and the killer walks away scot-free. Even one is too many and I am going to be physically ill if this woman pleads accidental-death-and-cover-up-due-to momentary-panic, and a juror buys it.
We have to have faith in science, judicial system, law enforcement and which ever god we pray to. Public opinion already has judged her. She will never ever find a way out of that. At a minimum if Lucas did pass naturally and did have strep there are serious issues/questions if she obtained proper medical care. Photos show he had lost weight, photos from the school nurse also show significant bruises. In totality the evidence might be sufficient to prove neglect. I don’t believe she will face a single charge, but multiple charges in connection with his death. And I don’t believe she will skate on all of them.

This woman has death and destruction surrounding her. And she has destroyed the future well being of so many people. Singlehandedly she has cost the city of Wichita, the State of Kansas, the federal government, groups, businesses and individuals conservatively probably at least 1-2 million dollars. And she hasn’t gone to trial. The emotional toll is even higher as no dollar figure is enough.

It would have been much more compassionate for Lucas to have lived. And the employee at DCF will always have to live with the decision not to have removed him. I hope it doesn’t happen again soon. Imo

Last edited:

Well, she's free as a bird right now, which is disturbing in and of itself. I hope LE doesn't dilly dally too long in charging her. I believe she's most definitely a danger to society. She needs to be put back in a cell as soon as possible.

I think the family statement from Misty Cox yesterday made it pretty clear that they will make a decision soon, based on what they think is most appropriate. In most of these sad cases, the family has a small, private funeral and then a larger, open to the public memorial on a different date, often held in a high school gym or a public park or something.

I can't imagine attending a funeral for someone's child if I had never known the child or even the family before the child's death, but I tend to think of funerals as small events, probably because I grew up in a very small town. It just feels intrusive to me, but maybe some families would feel comforted by a bunch of strangers attending.

I so agree with you and everyone else that has stated the funeral should be a private affair. I understand Lucas is called "Witchita's Son" and the people who searched for him, as well as those who helped from afar with search ideas and maps.... all want to pay their respects, but that can be done in many other ways. There was a balloon release, a vigil and a memorial done at the location he was found. I think we all need to give the poor family their space. It's been a hell ride for them and they need time to breathe, grieve, and figure out how to live a life without Lucas in it.

I am going to be angrier if our DA only charges her for something like that. Wichita does not have a good reputation in this area. I look back at Jhornee Bland's death and how no one was charged and the same with Vincent Moore's and I get very nervous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member