Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #29

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The PI specifically asked about a concussion and vomit. EG replied with "No I didn't see no vomit"

I really hate that my mind is going here because it's an awfully horrible scenario but is it possible that vomit was visible to PI on/around Lucas at the dump site? 3 months out in the elements though....would that still even possibly BE visible?

As other posters previously mentioned, the part in the recording where PI says "Lucas is the trade-off" still spins in my mind. Trade off for what?
Emily actually believed
I'm a little behind, sorry if this has already been answered, but JO said in the ISC Investigations interview that he would have had to go 2 hours out of his way, so it sounded to me like it would add 4 hours onto his trip.

Missing Person: Lucas Hernandez
Odd. Who wouldn't frantically be looking for their child? No matter what the cause for them missing I would have to find my child!
LE knew Lucas was dead. They probably advised JH to not help in the search.
There would have been legal implications if he found Lucas himself.

There may have been issues with the back door, as JH stated, but the quote below bothered me. How hard is it, really, to lock a deadbolt in order to keep your family safe and keep the kids inside. (Or to ask the landlord to fix it since you have young kids.). The first time I discovered an issue, I’d be sure to use the deadbolt every.single.time. Especially if I saw suspicious people hanging around outside in the early morning hours. I’m just not feeling the door opened accidentally. JMO

Jonathan Hernandez speaks to Nancy Grace about the disappearance of Lucas

“Jonathan mentioned that they had problems with a back door locking.

"We were having an issue with that back door closing and latching, especially if you didn't lock the deadbolt."
It may have been locked with the dead bolt after the first time they knew it didn't stay closed because that is common sense. No kid escaped or was abducted out of it. EG may have unlocked it after she hid Lucas, as part of the story, but it doesn't mean they didn't normally use it.

Emily actually believed

LE knew Lucas was dead. They probably advised JH to not help in the search.
There would have been legal implications if he found Lucas himself.
I always believed that the immediate family isn’t allowed to search because think about it:
1. The absolute devastation of finding your child 3mths after death
2. Inability to stay back if you do see them and they don’t want you running into the crime scene.
3. Potentially putting DNA in the scene when it wasn’t originally there can muddy waters legally speaking.
4. Intentionally altering the crime scene (if the person who did it finds him, they can then say their DNA is on him because they ran up to him when found.

BBM

He also described his relationship with EG as "effortless". With all of the DV incidents, I have no idea what that even means. That it was easy to dodge when she swung an axe handle at him? And what kind of parent leaves their kid with someone who attacks THEM like that? One who doesn't care.
When he described getting to know EG as effortless I took it to mean she was easy if you know what I mean. The 'things' they did together right away may have been things he was used to having to work his way up to with a woman but with her it was 'effortless' because she may have made all the moves. JMO but that's how I took it.

I always believed that the immediate family isn’t allowed to search because think about it:
1. The absolute devastation of finding your child 3mths after death
2. Inability to stay back if you do see them and they don’t want you running into the crime scene.
3. Potentially putting DNA in the scene when it wasn’t originally there can muddy waters legally speaking.
4. Intentionally altering the crime scene (if the person who did it finds him, they can then say their DNA is on him because they ran up to him when found.
I absolutely understand all of the reasons why family is usually advised not to search, but according to JH initially, he believed someone had kidnapped Lucas. I’m just saying that there are other things he could have done. Throwing their hands up and doing nothing just wouldn’t be possible for most parents.

IMO, JH is lying so much because he is super concerned with the public thinking he was father of the year... not necessarily because he was involved or knows anything. Although, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he was involved or knows something. I think he lied about facetiming with Lucas, and I think the reason is that he doesn't want people to know he hadn't bothered to speak with his children for over a week. He just keeps saying he loves Lucas and people know what kind of father he is. Yeah, we know, and we're far from impressed.
EG has something on JH (MOO). He was there a day or two before Lucas passed according to the latest timeline (right?) I would not put it out of the picture to that perhaps everyone is so focused on EG that internal bleeding etc may take a day or two to kill someone....I don't trust anything about any of those 3. Maybe it is because I am local and have heard so much from the city folks...Delete this if not allowed.

I have a question that no one may be able to answer . And maybe we don’t want to go there. But did CR search either by himself or with a group. I don’t know why this sticking with me. It would have been very early on
Why would a "homeless" person be involved in any search for a missing kid?
I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but CR has too much going on (imo) to be involved in anything like a search. He was probably, imo, more worried about finding food, shelter, etc.

I think it's just like any other crime reported in the news media -- LE gives a hundred block and that's it. The actual address matriculates. LE has never given an exact address for the Hernandez-Glass household, but it is now known.
In the case of CR, we have to be careful just plugging in 5200 or 5500 -- it gives you random spots, such as the VA hospital. We can't link to comments by witnesses because they're found on SM only -- we can link articles and people are free to read the comments on the articles. In the case of CR, it was not "across" the highway -- it was on the same side. South, eastbound. Wichita police identify homeless man killed in hit-and-run
I respectfully disagree...I have blown up the pictures...But I will move on. I will check further in to this on my own. The relevance to this is staged or coincidence....

I think poison would show up in lucas's hair and nails.
I hope the Medical Examiner checked.
They are dealing with a diabolical mind.
Oh yes, I'm certain that is one reason they are waiting on tox. They want to rule out/in poisoning, drugging, etc. Even if his COD was certain through the physical autopsy, they would still want to know if he was being abused in that way as well.

I'm not switching sides... I've always been anti-JH. I'm also anti-EG, of course, but I think that goes without saying. If JH hadn't made such terrible decisions/life choices before EG killed LH, I wouldn't judge him for his weird behavior now... but he did.
Please know, I am not defending his choices. He definitely excused or dismissed abuse that was happening right under his nose. I myself don't understand how he didn't question why his son was bruised all the time, especially in the face area. I know some kids are clumsy, but even the clumsiest kid doesn't get that many bruises. It sounds to me like she was a smooth operator. Perhaps she charmed him or accused him back of things he didn't do, to make him feel guilty because here he was, gone for almost three weeks at a time, and he comes home and questions her ability to parent his children.

I just wonder, if the baby wasn't hers, and he didn't have any blood ties with her to consider, if he might have just taken Lucas and walked away before then. If she acted all lovey dovey with him when he came home, perhaps he really just couldn't imagine her doing this.

If he hasn't acknowledged yet that Emily is truly responsible, and if he's behind the scenes trying to defend her, then he is not facing reality. So many things might be going through his head right now- why my son? why me? I just got us a new home and moved us all in, and now I lost my entire family. He's probably the one that should be on suicide watch- I worry more about him doing it than Emily.

Again, I am not blind to the man's faults, but just looking at him from a different angle. He probably was a truly happy man, with two kids, a house, a good job, then BAM, it was all wiped away within moments after that awful phone call that his son was missing. It was easier to think someone kidnapped him- someone else to blame besides Emily, and most of all, himself, for not recognizing he was living with an abuser all that time. It's a bitter pill to swallow, no matter what happens. He won't be able to deny evidence once the autopsies come back. He won't be able to deny she's a liar, and most of all, the one thing he tried to deny, he has to face- his son is gone, and never coming back.

Last edited:
Long time reader, first time poster, and friend of a regular poster who I generally discuss the case with one on one.

I'm not going to address the specific conversation as I'm still catching up but I think you guys give EG way too much credit. She is no mastermind lol. She didn't orchestrate any deaths as coverup, she didn't have knowledge of where she was going to dump him, she didn't try to bleach his hair. She's a meth head and she killed him and drove straight up Woodlawn until it looked far enough, dumped him, went back, and hoped she would get away with it.

Also, I've seen speculation that she did this because she was upset she didn't have her own boys and I completely disagree. Clearly parenting is not a priority for her. She hooked up with JH, had a keepaman baby, he makes enough money to keep her at home and she was free to sit at home all bills paid. I believe she cared less about LH because he wasn't hers and because he was her responsibility and it pains me to think of what that sweet baby went through.

Also, I understand those of you with sympathy for JH, while I feel for him losing his son, I refuse to believe he didn't notice anything - abuse was reported by multiple sources who should've been seeing him far less than his own father. Also, let us not forget he also struck a child.

Just wanted to address a couple of General points. Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adr5879