Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DM said there were no guns there - and that JH didn't own any. Wonder where he got his info? Also would LE have searched the house - wouldn't they have found them in the very beginning? These might be stupid questions, sorry.

Yes there would have been a search. lE would have noted them. There was no reason to confiscate them.

Okay, I read both autopsies and these are the (likely odd to others) things that stood out to me.

First I was so angry that this woman was healthy. I know, a stupid thing but each time I read that her organs and everything were healthy I got more angry. The number of people who could have been saved by those organs. (Though admittedly many would not want them.) She even had good TEETH! The number of good moms who are not that healthy, just another opportunity she squandered.

I was also surprised that she was sober. I was surprised they didn't test her for more drugs than they did, especially because they did test Lucas for a LOT of them. I was glad they were that thorough and were able to test at least the liver.

Obviously reading Lucas' was heartbreaking. No family should have to hear that stuff about their child. So nauseating. I do wish a cause of death had been able to be discovered.

However, I take SOME comfort in the fact that he didn't have a ton of broken bones (like Sherin did.) I realize that doesn't mean he didn't suffer. However, the lack of broken bones at least makes me feel like he somehow suffered less.

As far as the ribs go, they weren't broken or it would have mentioned there were healing/healed fractures. X-rays performed showed no obvious evidence of skeletal trauma. Broken ribs that had healed would show up.

My husband went in for a shoulder x-ray at 25 years old and found out he had broken his collarbone as a child. Didn't have a clue before that x-ray.

While I realize periosteal reaction often accompanies injury, it doesn't have to be a break. It can be bruised ribs, it also CAN be caused by some interventions like chest physical therapy. Without knowing for sure all the therapies and medical procedures Lucas had done, we couldn't assume it was abuse either.

So basically... after reading the list of Sherin's injuries.... Lucas' autopsy report was a relief. Maybe I just need to hold onto the hope that he didn't suffer too much. No fractured skull, no broken ribs, no broken limbs.

The only question is about strangulation. Since they didn't find those bones, that remains a question as well. I wish they'd go out and look some more. I know they found some bones in the debris.... I wonder if they could find more.

I also noted that the gunshot essentially "internally decapitated" her (atlanto-occipital dislocation). Which is what occurs when a child forward facing in a vehicle is involved in a crash. Because a baby's head is so large and the bone development isn't enough to withstand the forces. (Kids should rear face until they outgrow the seat. 2 years at a minimum, my kids do until 4 or 5.)

This is actually a 4 year old, so rear facing as long as possible is best.

What is internal decapitation and how did child survive?

I don't know anything about guns, so that was a surprising amount of force to me, even after reading about the external damage. I guess I just hadn't given much thought to that. It's an incredibly amount of force. Not sure how JH ever gets that image out of his head. I will honestly be surprised if he makes it through this.

Just my thoughts, I wanted to wait until after Saturday to share them.

The AR15 is a unique gun. It is high velocity. And when the bullet leaves the barrel it’s accompanied be explosive gasses. In addition as the bullet enters a human body it has a sort of toppling effect. It not only damages the tissue in its path the ripples almost gel any nearby organs or tissue. The gasses probably blew the top of her head. And velocity and ripples blew the rest all over the floor wall etc. it also shattered bone and her “internal structures”.

Hard read

Mass murders choose it for a reason, the damage the high velocity bullet inflicts and the massive wounds it leaves in its trajectory.

All my opinion as is the fact in my mind the military weapon is good for one purpose, to kill humans. Hunting with it simply destroys to much useable meat.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...210b86-a883-11e7-b3aa-c0e2e1d41e38_story.html

Last edited:
I’m done with NG. All that BS about the bathroom revisit and Lucas dying on the 11th.
I refuse to listen. Does she happen to address this?

If not, I think NG should be disallowed as an MSM here on WS. She does nothing but perpetuate rumor.

I refuse to listen. Does she happen to address this?
I am not much acquainted with the case. I don’t even know what the bathroom revisit is.

Here‘s the podcast description:
The autopsy report on the remains of Lucas Hernandez suggests we may never know what happened to the 5-year-old Kansas boy, but pathology expert Dr. William Morrone sees a major clue in a chemical detected in his liver. Morrone shares his observations about the autopsies on Lucas and his step mother Emily Glass with Nancy Grace. We also hear the 911 call Glass made to report the child was missing from his Wichita home last February and the recent 911 call his dad made after finding Glass shot dead in the same home. Also offering insight about the new clues in this tragic mystery are forensics expert Joseph Scott Morgan, Atlanta prosecutor Kenya Johnson, New York psychologist Caryn Stark, and Atlanta juvenile judge and lawyer Ashley Willcott.

I am not much acquainted with the case. I don’t even know what the bathroom revisit is.

Here‘s the podcast description:
She claimed in one of her previous podcasts (a couple weeks ago) that a 'second autopsy' showed his date of death as the 10th or 11th, that he was killed in the bathroom, and that LE had been back out at the house searching. Clearly BS, now that the actual autopsy results have been released.

Did anyone here get to attend in person??? Did any of the police come?? I thought it was a nice gesture that they were invited,but I could also understand if none attended. Was there a DA letter read???

I attended the service. Yes, there was police presence, but I have no idea how many. The DA's letter was read by a leader of one of the search teams. I turned my phone off and did not take any pictures inside the auditorium, but I did take a few at the recovery site. It was just as peaceful as it has been described, yet sad. :(

Imo she did for many reasons. She finally had unsupervised visitation with her sons, she was a known prior drug addict in the eyes of the court (even tho she continued to be), a history of domestic violence, she had a one year old daughter and a 5 year old stepson. It would look terrible if she had guns in the home. She removed them imo prior to calling 911.
Now JH is saying he had two guns in the home and yet DM is saying it was cleared and JH told him he didn't own guns.
So many inconsistencies here. JH didn't own any guns, oooopsie wait. JH owned the very gun E.G. shot herself with.
JH was done with E.G. Oooopsie J.H. calls 911 for his Fiance. Who shot herself with his gun.
JH let E.G. stay in the home because she didn't have anywhere else to go.
E.G. was staying her Aunts house, or her dad's house.
Hmmmmmm.
Why so many inconsistencies?
Makes me wonder.

So many inconsistencies here. JH didn't own any guns, oooopsie wait. JH owned the very gun E.G. shot herself with.
JH was done with E.G. Oooopsie J.H. calls 911 for his Fiance. Who shot herself with his gun.
JH let E.G. stay in the home because she didn't have anywhere else to go.
E.G. was staying her Aunts house, or her dad's house.
Hmmmmmm.
Why so many inconsistencies?
Makes me wonder.
The truth seems to burn some people like sunlight does vampires, and they avoid it with the same fervor. JMO

EG was unbalanced after years of drug abuse. She lied about nearly everything. It took 3 months for her to tell the partial truth about Lucas.
Some knew she used drugs, some she hid it from. . Others were invited into the house JH paid for while he was working. For what we don’t know.

She destroyed property to break into a home where she wasn’t wanted. She stole her sisters car. She was violent during every relationship. She had a temper and a violent streak. She lost 3childeen as a result.

And most importantly she was violent with Lucas. She abused him. And probably killed him.

EG pulled off the biggest lie by denying she knew wher Lucas was for 96 or 97 full days. She knew full well hundreds of people were searching and many LE was looking and investigating. The DA had people on this early on and the fbi had brought special teams and profilers to Wichita.

I believe she may have checked on lucas to see if he was decomposed. Or someone did it for her.

She may have well been the source of a tip to police as to where he was. (Earlier post by another poster)They searched closest and didn’t think it know to search 18 miles north. Same named intersection different county.

My point is that she stirred up drama and conflict wherever she was. This is no different. I don’t think anything she said should be considered reliable. Including whatever she wrote in her last notes. She pointed responsibility away from herself and onto anyone else.

I think her attorney means well but EG probably lied to her as well.

She died leaving the mess she started. The first day she decided a drug fueled life, she began ruining everything she touched. She left a family who have to learn to survive her wrath.

I hope this doesn’t happen again.

Last edited:
:rolleyes: Probably bath salts equated to bathroom in that case. I'm not listening.
I listened to it....she was quite rude to the "experts" that she had on this time. She didn't understand the drug that was found and honestly JMO I felt like she wanted them to say the cause of death. When they would back off or give another explanation,she was getting quite loud. I do not believe the ME that said it was bath salts,but I agree that it was a natural result of decomposition found in the body. NEVER mentioned the bathroom or 2nd autopsy & yes,she said a couple of times that "he was thrown over the bridge"...that podcast was too over the top for me.

Isn’t there a penalty for filing a false missing person report After the fact that she led them to the body?
There is ‘filing a false report’ and they can charge back the cost of response (searchers, fbi, etc) in fines/reparations/penalties I believe - if charged with that

Wouldn’t it be crazy if someone helped her remove his body and dispose of it? Could that still be a possibility, that she had help? What made her go to that area in particular, sure I understand it was because she didn’t want anyone to find him but did she know the area? Is it where she met with ppl for drugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleutherson90