Found Deceased Ks - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JO didn't specifically say how she lost custody of Lucas. We didn't know that he was taken into protective custody at seven months by LE, but this doesn't really surprise me. I knew it must have been serious for her to lose custody and for JH to get sole custody.

Both JO and EG had mental illness and drug addiction problems. We can guess that JH had/has a problem with drugs also, but he may have cleaned up enough to gain custody of LH, and recently enough to maintain his job. Who knows eh, as we Canadians say.

There is essentially no hope for children whose parents are addicted to drugs. They will be neglected and always in danger. Add physical abuse from a drugged-out stepmother and absent in denial father, and no monitoring or follow up from DCF despite complaints--little Lucas didn't have a chance. If he had survived he would have been irrevocably damaged emotionally. That breaks my heart knowing this, even though his dying is so much worse.

I agree that MH should be adopted and not returned to JH. I have always felt that a child is better off with family even if they aren't perfect, but not in this case.

Last edited:
JO didn't specifically say how she lost custody of Lucas. We didn't know that he was taken into protective custody at seven months by LE, but this doesn't really surprise me. I knew it must have been serious for her to lose custody and for JH to get sole custody.

Both JO and EG had mental illness and drug addiction problems. We can guess that JH had/has a problem with drugs also, but he may have cleaned up enough to gain custody of JH, and recently enough to maintain his job. Who knows eh, as we Canadians say.

There is essentially no hope for children whose parents are addicted to drugs. They will be neglected and always in danger. Add physical abuse from a drugged-out stepmother and absent in denial father, and no monitoring or follow up from CPS despite complaints--little Lucas didn't have a chance. If he had survived he would have been irrevocably damaged emotionally. That breaks my heart knowing this, even though his dying is so much worse.

I agree that MH should be adopted and not returned to JH. I have always felt that a child is better off with family even if they aren't perfect, but not in this case.
Sometimes they give family members first pick at adopting. I don't even want to see that in this case. Sorry, but the whole thing has me uncomfortable. Just give her a healthy environment away from all that she was born into.

No, I've never ignored anyone. I just tried to reply with your quote and can't, and tried to reply with quote on another thread and a screen pops up that says "added to multi quote". But no quote shows up after I hit send, multi or single.

Grrrr.
Yeah I think the site is glitchy today.

I am so glad this is finally out there - this is a big reason why I said he needs be held responsible and that EG can't be to blame for all of this. Stuff went on pre-EG.

Yes it did. People want to make him seem like super-dad with the job and the 's to fund getting his daughter back, but he doesn't deserve a cent from anyone.

Yeah I think the site is glitchy today.
Neglect-- and typically requires parenting classes to retain or get custody
What a surprise that he just kept neglecting Lucas and right up to his death! Some people are incapable of learning or changing. Or they just don't care nor want to.

JMO
(Learning the lingo on here!)

Why do you have multiple children when previous ones have been removed from your care and you know you can’t (or won’t) take care of them? Personality disorders, drugs, or just not capable of loving a child enough to put them first. Lucas didn’t have a chance with any of them from what I can see.

It makes me so sad.

Thank you for your kindness. I went to work and now wish to all that’s holy that I hadn’t. Oof
I’ve had many a kidney stone on my ambulance and the pain is the worst there is. I’ve had calmer people on my truck with a limb missing. I don’t envy you but pray you feel immensely better soon!

JMO
(Learning the lingo on here!)

Why do you have multiple children when previous ones have been removed from your care and you know you can’t (or won’t) take care of them? Personality disorders, drugs, or just not capable of loving a child enough to put them first. Lucas didn’t have a chance with any of them from what I can see.

It makes me so sad.
We adopted my daughter from a family that seemed to just replace one child with another. I have fostered many daughters in the same situation. On one of my fosters they FINALLY got the last baby removed at the hospital. Her newborn son before that was found with bruises on his front AND back on Mother’s Day, so we took him away but the final son the courts removed him from her at the hospital to prevent similar situation. Ugh

I was one who was feeling sorry for JH and I guess I still do but this is his fault too! He was always a neglector even before EG entered his life! His continued neglect is what landed Lucas dead!
I only feel sorry for him because of my humaneness I think. Actually, I should say I pity him. But no way, no how, not ever do I think he should ever get MH back!

Someone should request a coroners inquest. I feel we at WS care about justice for Lucas than many ppl. JH must feel like oh I lost my son whatever but let me try to get my daughter back by using ppl’s sympathy towards a grieving father. I feel like he doesn’t truly care what happens as long as MH is in his custody. Everyone was responsible, the so called care takers, DCF, his school.

Someone should request a coroners inquest. I feel we at WS care about justice for Lucas than many ppl. JH must feel like oh I lost my son whatever but let me try to get my daughter back by using ppl’s sympathy towards a grieving father. I feel like he doesn’t truly care what happens as long as MH is in his custody. Everyone was responsible, the so called care takers, DCF, his school.
Does the request need to be from someone who lives in Kansas?

Both JO and EG had mental illness and drug addiction problems. We can guess that JH had/has a problem with drugs also, but he may have cleaned up enough to gain custody of LH, and recently enough to maintain his job. Who knows eh, as we Canadians say.

There is essentially no hope for children whose parents are addicted to drugs. They will be neglected and always in danger. Add physical abuse from a drugged-out stepmother and absent in denial father, and no monitoring or follow up from DCF despite complaints--little Lucas didn't have a chance. If he had survived he would have been irrevocably damaged emotionally. That breaks my heart knowing this, even though his dying is so much worse.

BBM
This is just unthinkable of DCF after all that had already happened in Lucas's life! He had been removed from his parents early on, JH managed after months to get him back, there were reports of neglect against JH even after he got him back and before Emily. Why didn't they have follow ups? Why didn't they follow thru when further allegations were reported? FGS this just keeps getting worse!

I was one who was feeling sorry for JH and I guess I still do but this is his fault too! He was always a neglector even before EG entered his life! His continued neglect is what landed Lucas dead!
I only feel sorry for him because of my humaneness I think. Actually, I should say I pity him. But no way, no how, not ever do I think he should ever get MH back!
I certainly don’t think he’s father of the year nor have I seen anyone on this site with that opinion. I do however think the domino effect of what’s transpired in his life since February is a real tragedy and something he will doubtful ever overcome. That’s jmo and in no way diminishes the horror that Lucas endured and should not be misconstrued as such. I think EG has evil intent and succeeded. I think JH is a hapless incompetent father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member