Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #4 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest to God, I am miffed and baffled that this woman was even allowed to have visitation rights with her older children, never mind being allowed to raise another man's child and her baby girl. Why didn't Lucas' social worker check this woman out more to make sure he was being raised by a decent woman? How did this get overlooked? For this length of time? We are not talking about a couple of months here, we're talking since 2015! That poor sweet boy! I'm scared to think of what she might have done to her baby girl. This woman clearly has mental issues and shouldn't be allowed to babysit a child, never mind raise them.

Lucas probably didn't have a social worker. Once DCF closes the file on a report that's the end of it, they don't make checks.

I sure will! Happened to stumble upon WS late the other night. Y’all are amazing & I look forward to getting to know you better. As a boy mom of 2, from Wichita, this story has been tugging on my heart strings. There’s nothing more important to me than my boys. Something happening to them is truly my biggest fear in life. My heart breaks for this sweet boy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Awwh, Thanks, Websleuthers are the best! My boys are 28 and 25 and I am still a mother lion when they aren't looking ;)

You took the words right out of my mouth. Couldn’t agree more. Our system is flawed and has failed so many other children right here in Wichita. Makes me sick.

I worked in daycare(florida) and we had to have a background check and fingerprints done just to be employed.

If a parental figure is reported to child services for abuse a background check should have been done no matter what had been said about how he got the bruises.

smh

I worked in daycare(florida) and we had to have a background check and fingerprints done just to be employed.

If a parental figure is reported to child services for abuse a background check should have been done no matter what had been said about how he got the bruises.

smh

That makes me sick just thinking about it. I could never ever do such a thing like that to my children or anyone for that matter. There’s just bad people out there and a lot of them unfortunately. [emoji17]

smh

BBM I gotta wonder about this also. My niece and her child lived with me for a short time and the child's father/paternal grandparents would periodically report my niece to DCF for various reasons, accusing her of different things (drug use, neglect, say there was violence in my home, etc). Every time they had a report DCF would come out and talk to my grand-niece, me and my niece, look around my home, etc. Anyway, on one of their visits the caseworker mentioned in passing they did a background check on me. I asked what the extent of the check was and she said they only checked for outstanding warrants and criminal convictions and if my name appeared in internal DCF documents. So if that is standard operating procedure (which I'm going to speculate it is for DCF in abuse investigations) how on earth did they miss EG's criminal history and certainly her history with DCF. My guess...someone either screwed up or got seriously lazy.

Yes, I agree. I don't think she used her older sons as punching bags, in the same way she used poor sweet Lucas. They looked healthy, glowing and unscarred, in comparison. :cry:

I think she resented Lucas, and resented that she had him to care for all day instead of 'HER' boys.

The reason they look healthy and unscarred is because the father had custody and clearly is taking great care of them, not because of anything she's done.

She obviously had supervised visits for awhile, so she wasn't able to touch them without a witness seeing her do it- she had to be on her best behavior.

She still was restricted, if you notice- she wasn't able to take them out of the county, not even for a vacation or say, a day trip a couple of hours away. That is still pretty restrictive, if you ask me.

I've looked, and cannot find a requirement for a social worker for the Pre K programs in Kansas. Our state funded Pre K programs as well as Head Start have them.... anyone?

Bringing forward to stare at again in the morning:

(Original source link:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...Wichita-17-Feb-2018-2&p=13943470#post13943470 )

Chisholm Creek Park
http://gpnc.org/chisholm-creek-park/

"Chisholm Creek Park is one of the largest parks in Wichita. It has habitats that are representative of most of the major habitat types in the Great Plains. It is managed by Wichita Park & Recreation as a Wichita Wild Habitat Area, to optimize and maintain the diversity and quality of the habitat, complementary to the educational mission of the GPNC. In its 282 acres are 2 1/2 miles of paved trails which cross native and restored prairies, wetlands, ponds, and woodlands. All these trails are accessible."

Hi not from US. But in usual circumstances would a person who has such strict court orders that basically cover her older ones wellbeing physically and emotionally, not have automatic checks when other children come into her care. I realise that they may not have known of Lucas but the baby would be recorded as hers and if an red flags or automatic check is done they would discover any additional children in her care. Is this something that was missed or not usually done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smh

BBM Ya know what's interesting about this? I worked as a substitute teacher for 3 years in Texas and none of the districts I worked in did so much as a criminal background check on me, let alone fingerprints. I don't think Texas even requires a background check/fingerprints for their full-time teachers. Kinda scary to think about, even the application process was virtually non-existent: I filled out the application, met with the substitute teacher coordinator who didn't ask me anything, he just told me what the job entailed and then told me when to meet for an orientation meeting (which happened to be that evening), I was in the classroom the next morning.

Been lurking on WS for a few months now, but Lucas is in my state and it just shatters my heart completely to know he still hasn’t been found. Sending all my prayers to Lucas’ family in this troubling time and hoping that we’ll get some answers—fast. :(

I have a question that probably has no answer right now. I saw in one article that EG lived in that apartment for three years before moving recently to this house. So, going back three years, makes it 2015 or 2014, depending upon when the she first rented it. I am wondering if JH moved in with her just as he got custody of Lucas? From what I read, they became a couple back in 2015. He got custody of Lucas when he was two years old, I believe. Or did he live with her first and then got custody of Lucas and moved in with her shortly after?

(O/T, Awwwww....Dobby :heart:

Surprise! Denver Zoo announces birth of baby giraffe
http://kdvr.com/2017/03/01/surprise...d-birth-of-baby-giraffe/?utm_source=related_1

attachment.php

Eta: "Zoo officials said the pregnancy itself was "unplanned"and Dobby's mother, Kipele, was on birth control." LOL

Dobby had some challenges after birth but last I heard is doing great.

See Dobby run: Denver Zoo’s baby giraffe is making great strides
http://kdvr.com/2017/04/12/see-dobby-run-denver-zoos-baby-giraffe-is-making-great-strides/

Eta: Link to Dobby's thread from the "News that Makes You Smile" WS Forum:
Denver Zoo quietly welcomes newborn giraffe
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?330904-Denver-Zoo-quietly-welcomes-newborn-giraffe

OT: Oh my heart! He is SOOOOO Adorable!

I sure will! Happened to stumble upon WS late the other night. Y’all are amazing & I look forward to getting to know you better. As a boy mom of 2, from Wichita, this story has been tugging on my heart strings. There’s nothing more important to me than my boys. Something happening to them is truly my biggest fear in life. My heart breaks for this sweet boy.

:wagon::greetings:

BBM I gotta wonder about this also. My niece and her child lived with me for a short time and the child's father/paternal grandparents would periodically report my niece to DCF for various reasons, accusing her of different things (drug use, neglect, say there was violence in my home, etc). Every time they had a report DCF would come out and talk to my grand-niece, me and my niece, look around my home, etc. Anyway, on one of their visits the caseworker mentioned in passing they did a background check on me. I asked what the extent of the check was and she said they only checked for outstanding warrants and criminal convictions and if my name appeared in internal DCF documents. So if that is standard operating procedure (which I'm going to speculate it is for DCF in abuse investigations) how on earth did they miss EG's criminal history and certainly her history with DCF. My guess...someone either screwed up or got seriously lazy.

This is interesting. We have a Child Abuse and Neglect Registry and I wonder if it is similar to whatever database the internal DCG documents you are talking about. If a person were to have any contact with DCF would that show up or is it only founded complaints?

I've looked, and cannot find a requirement for a social worker for the Pre K programs in Kansas. Our state funded Pre K programs as well as Head Start have them.... anyone?

I wish I could help but I had no idea a social worker would be involved with these programs. Is one assigned to each child?

Does anyone use a scanner that has access to private channels? One of the comments on a KAKE feed says what channel they’re using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those are kept VERY close to the vest. If someone streamed or publicized what was ssid on it they could get in some mjor trouble. They're privte for a reason.

That said, I wish I had access too.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members