Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #4 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another morning with no news of Lucas' whereabouts.
Can't shake off the uneasiness.
Praying that the truth comes to light soon.
Lucas :candle:

Wait. Let me see if I got this right.
In her paperwork to get unsupervised visitation for her older two kids, she wrote that she had been the primary caretaker of Lucas for a year and a half.
Now, didn't this judge or really ANYONE involved in this case have a little red flag go up at reading that? As in: this court has deemed her not fit enough to have unsupervised visits, but oh, she's ok to completely care for a different child. Why didn't they put a stop to that? Another failing point, in my opinion.

^^^^^THIS! It is mind blowing!

I’ve missed some pertinent facts. Sorry if repetitive. If someone could answe.

1. Where does the father work and explain schedule. In Alaska many fathers work 2 weeks at work (oilfield or North Slope pipeline) and 2 weeks at home.

2. How long were LH father and EG together?

3. Did neighbors see normal moving in activity?

4. When was little Lucas actually in school, and the date he was verified seen by neighbors ( when the older boys were sword fighting with rake handles, and little Lucas stood back isolated from the activity)

This so brings back memories of my step aunt who was a year older than me in the 1960’s who experienced horrific abuse. Both of us did but hers was so much worse than mine. She died at 18 after experiencing a short life of daily pain hardly knowing any joy. Most of the evidence was on her body covered by clothing. My mother, her step sister never lifted a finger to stop it or to give her help or a safe place to stay.

I fail to understand how little Lucas’ had no one who went beyond filing complaints. Knowing what I grew up with and EG court records and judges comments about safe parenting makes me ill. Was this little boy left in a dangerous situation by an incompetent system, or a family who didn’t understand they had more options to get him into a safe nurturing home.

IMO he will be found, but this will not end well. And all the current safeguards in place which should have protected him will go on unchecked. There will be more little Lucas’s until friends and family step forward to protect children because police child protective agencies and judges fail.

I worked with these very issues for almost 30 years. It was rare to find anyone who truly cared. Most state employees tasked with child protection spent a lot of time playing COYA. WHEN CAUGHT AT it found retaliation as a solution.

My theory is she needed an excuse to have muddy/dirty clothes and shovels...a cover up for whatever she did in the park. I would bet whatever happened to sweet Lucas took place the night before or early morning of the day she was seen in the garden.

As far as Great Plains Nature Center and Chisholm Creek Park, there are areas that are very dense with trees and shrubs. I used the paths to train for a marathon and there’s a ton of space for someone to do something sinister without an audience. The park does close in the evening but I’m unaware of it being gated off to restrict access. Does anyone know if she could’ve still gotten in after hours?

*new to WS. I live in Wichita and have worked in MSM. I can tell you from the way our PD operates they tend to hold info close but do a good job of keeping media and the public in the loop.

That being said...I do have questions thought as to why they were keeping EG’s name under wraps during the presser and why no local tv stations have her mugshot yet. That’s very unusual.

Yes except for EG's footprint on SM you would almost think she was in the witness protection program :facepalm:

I spend my days keeping my elderly mom with advanced dementia at home. I'm alone with her 24/7 except when my relief comes. I live 100 miles away from Mom.
All this to point out that she can be the sweetest person in the world.
She can be the meanest most fitful person in the world.
Trying your patience??? Oh yes.
But she is defenseless.
Who could hurt someone like that? Like little Lucas.
EG likely had no patience with him.
One purposefully inflicted bruise is one too many.
rant off. jmo

I know our little lamb had a cleft palate, has it been reported if he ever had surgery? I know my friends daughter had surgery very young, she was only about 2ish when she had her first one? Just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's the big deal about the pull up? I think they make it in sizes large enough for 5 year olds, so I don't think it's that weird. I have 5 kids and none required pull-ups by the age of 4 though, guess I was lucky.

I do wonder if she mentioned she put him in pull-ups so it sounded more likely that he was really in his room taking a nap? As opposed to him just twiddling his thumbs in there during her supposed nap. In fact, I wonder if he was routinely just stuck in his room so she didn't have to deal with him. I bet he was so scared and by the sounds of it his personality was that of a sweet compliant child.

Not that I think any of the nap crap story was really true anyway. I could also see her sentencing him to his room for long periods and not allowing him to use the restroom (for some reason on these boards I've heard horror stories of abuse where kids aren't allowed to use the restroom). By using a pull-up, it wouldn't be as messy to clean up and she'd have plenty of reason in her cruel mind to humiliate him for "accidents." I wish I didn't have to think this way. There's no telling all this poor little angel has had to go through. :(
My son used a pull up till at least 8 years old to sleep. His bladder muscle would just relax at night. He was quite horrified, but you'd be surprised how large they make the pull ups brand. I think 85 to 100 lbs was the largest.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

:blushing:Just to say if we're blessed enough to live long enough, we'll most likely find ourselves in a different kind of "pull-up".
Coffee time:coffeews: and awaiting news of any searches today.

Wichita police announced Wednesday that they had arrested Glass on suspicion of endangering two children – a 1-year-old and Lucas. Police said the arrest resulted from new information gained in their investigation of Lucas’ disappearance. Glass has been held in jail on a $50,000 bond; she has not been charged. Police are expected to present their investigation to prosecutors on Monday.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article201898009.html#storylink=cpy

re bold - does that mean she does NOT have an appearance on Monday? Just the LE giving prosecutors what they have?

TIA!

Unbelievable - I finally caught up with 700 plus posts! Whew....

I totally agree with you on this. This is absolute BS and I hope that Lucas family can legally take out a lawsuit against CPS for failing this child. I just can't get over the numerous pictures of this kid with bruises on him and not a thing done to help him.

I just have to say this. No disrespect intended at all, but how about the responsibility Lucas' father had to him. He should take some responsibility for leaving him with her when he KNEW she was an abuser because of past history. I don't understand these people and their reasoning letting someone like her take care of his child! The father is responsible more so than CPS. I do agree they dropped the ball. I don't think there should be multiple chances for parents to get their kids back when they are habitually abusive.

I still want to know why they have not looked in the water.

That’s what I wondered. She could have loaded him into a stroller with a blanket and even in daylight she wouldn’t have looked out of place. I looked at photos of the park and it is marshy, wooded, and dense in areas.

Wichita police announced Wednesday that they had arrested Glass on suspicion of endangering two children – a 1-year-old and Lucas. Police said the arrest resulted from new information gained in their investigation of Lucas’ disappearance. Glass has been held in jail on a $50,000 bond; she has not been charged. Police are expected to present their investigation to prosecutors on Monday.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article201898009.html#storylink=cpy

re bold - does that mean she does NOT have an appearance on Monday? Just the LE giving prosecutors what they have?

TIA!

Unbelievable - I finally caught up with 700 plus posts! Whew....

Bolded by me- This stuck out to me. The new information that led to her arrest. I wonder what that new information is?

I just have to say this. No disrespect intended at all, but how about the responsibility Lucas' father had to him. He should take some responsibility for leaving him with her when he KNEW she was an abuser because of past history. I don't understand these people and their reasoning letting someone like her take care of his child! The father is responsible more so than CPS. I do agree they dropped the ball. I don't think there should be multiple chances for parents to get their kids back when they are habitually abusive.

I agree with all of this! How does the father get a free pass in terms of child endangerment? He left that poor child with her, even though he knew she was violent towards him, who's an adult, why would he leave his precious son with her alone for long stretches to work out of state?

(Off Topic, here are photos from Jessica Ridgeway's "grid search"...Whenever I hear "grid search", I'm reminded of thsee photos (again off topic, these photos are not related to the search of Lucas):

attachment.php

attachment.php

Eta: Pink and I both found WS via Jessica Ridgeway, iirc.

Me too, that was my start date too. I looked in firing Casey Anthony’s trial, but never logged on.

3. Did neighbors see normal moving in activity?.

Snipped by me

So on the 11th she was out with the three boys and played with the neighbor’s kids in their front yard. They say Lucas was quiet and to himself. Those neighbors said they didn’t even realize new people were in that house until then because it was a bunch of young adults before them. Then on the 13th, neighbors saw a white SUV backed up to the garage and they thought that was moving activity. My wonder is what were they moving and was it into the house or out of the house...

With this new information released about EG custody and supervised visits one thing stands out to me. With a lot of these cases the children are abused/murdered by their parents new SO who more often than not do not have custody of their own kids or are as in EG case having supervised visits because a documented history but all the while had free access to Lucas. We've got to do something to protect these children MOO
Sorry rant over going back to read thread

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
I agree. Sterilization. So horrifying this thing had another child. Obviously neither one of these friends with benefits cares about any if these children between them.
I see sweet Lucas' adorable face, and it just hurts my heart.

Things that keep swirling through my head this morning:

LE said several times, there were no signs of abduction.

No information is available as to when the father last saw Lucas, when he left for Texas for work, when he actually returned from work when he first heard Lucas was missing.

Last time Lucas was physically seen was Feb. 11th by neighbors next door.

Neighbors said they were outside most of the day, working on their dining room table and watching their children play, and said they saw no signs of anyone outside all day, including any car pulling up in the driveway.

Neighbors assumed she was a single mother, even though it was said JH helped the family move into their new home, yet neighbor saw EG outside smoking a cigarette with a man- was that JH?

Who's white SUV did the neighbor see backing in toward the garage on Feb 13th?

Yard is fenced in, according to neighbor. Neighbor couldn't understand how Lucas could have gotten out of the yard without being seen. I'm wondering if this is important, such as the gate was shut, but back door was open, according to EG? If someone had truly kidnapped Lucas, would they take the time to close the gate?

Neighbor did not see their baby daughter that day when EG brought the three boys out to meet and play with their children. Where was the little baby?

I keep going back to LE maintaining that there was no sign of abduction. Hence, why no Amber alert.

Yet, we don't know if EG even had a vehicle to drive, there's been no mention of a car for her to use while JH is away at work. Does that mean that she had an accomplice driving her to where ever after something happened to Lucas? Yet, the neighbors say no one was over that day he went missing while they were outside with their kids.

When did JH leave for Texas, and was Lucas ever seen after he left?

My theory is she needed an excuse to have muddy/dirty clothes and shovels...a cover up for whatever she did in the park. I would bet whatever happened to sweet Lucas took place the night before or early morning of the day she was seen in the garden.

Snipped

Omg this is very smart. Yes!

I wonder if LE has interviewed any of JH’s coworkers? How was his demeanor? Did he seem normal or “off”? There are many details about his actions I would like to know.

I know we must still consider JH a victim. So far, other than him trusting EG with his children, we have not been given any info that he was involved in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members